(SP-F2) No more Queen <<Long Live The Queen>>

A rainy weather greet me today as I walk out of the inn. The street never gets crowded with people on day like this, not like a rain will harm us players. Feelings of not getting wet just come naturally. Kayaba replicate that emotion perfectly, something I respect him for.

Upon reaching the area outside the safe zone, I equip my weapons and armor. Ready myself for a hunt on the Queen of Wasp, I warm up a little with some push up and begin my journey.

The city of Urbus gets smaller as I walk further away from it. Not much enjoyment today, less people around too. Bustling city always have been something I enjoy. Gloomy expression can't be avoided as I look at people with their variety of action; talking, playing around and sometimes romance. 

The rumor of a mini boss roams the area when players defeated a certain number of Wind Wasp have been spread wide across Aincrad. Many players, some of them I knew, attempt the rumor and prove it to be true. I'm not missing this chance to strengthen myself as I am one of the front liners. The lack of strength can be fatal in this game.

Arrived at the spawning place for the wind wasp, I scout the area for further preparation. No suspicious player around, no green player grind around the area. Good. This way no one will obstruct me in completing this quest.

The breeze blow gently as I stand on top of small hill. Looking down from the top, the wind wasp buzz around the field. The sound of their little wing beating around can be an annoyance. 

Confirmed that I'm prepared to begin the fight, I run down the hill and run straight for the nearest wind wasp. Taking it by surprise, I draw my sword from the scabbard and lunge forward.

ID 3850  BD: 5+1  MD: 7-3

Not able to react at the sudden attack, the wasp get struck by the blade. Pulling out the blade, I ready myself for my next move.

Yuji: 42/42

Wind Wasp: 2/10

ID 3851  BD: 7+1  MD: 8-3

I don't want to lose any Health Point before fighting the queen. Therefore I have to strike quick and hard, which won't be a problem against my fragile opponent. The wasp have not recovered from the attack just now. I put it out of its misery with another struck on its body. The sound of glass like shattering reach my ears as I turn away from the dead wasp.

Wind Wasp: 0/10

I dash towards my next target. The wind wasp approximately 100 meter from me will taste my sword in a short time. I push myself to run even faster as I want to fight the boss as fast I can.

A full frontal assault can't be unwise without proper preparation, I'm confident I can defeat the mobs on this floor easily though. I trust my skill that I have hone and attack the wasp with irregular strike, an attack that can confuse enemy but have less chance to hit the enemy.

ID 3963  BD: 6+1  MD: 1

My confidence didn't go to waste. I manage to strike its head and send it down to the ground, too weak to fly for now.

ID 3964  BD: 1  MD: 2

When we get too confident with ourselves, mistake tend to butt in, teaching us that overconfidence could lead us to our mistake. A small mistake during combat in SAO could be fatal...

I didn't watch my stepping as I walk circle the wasp,waiting for the perfect moment to attack. I step on a small stone, slip and fall to the ground,hard. I scratch my head and stand up. The wasp, now flying in the air, doesn't seem to be happy. I smirk at its behavior and raise my sword.

ID 3965  BD: 4+1  MD: 7-3

We glare at each other.

Left foot behind my right foot, I turn my body sideways and aim the sword forward near my face, horizontally. 

The wasp begin its move. It make a quick motion of rising up high to the air and dive down with its sharp stinger aiming right at me. Not wanting to be struck by it, I step to the right a little, enough for me to dodge and land an attack at it. I spin around with my blade sticking out. The attack doesn't meet the target.

ID 3969  BD: 10  MD: 10

One or two miss won't hurt me that much. I regain my focus back and step in for the attack. The wasp can't stand up to my speed, and so with a downward swing the life of the wasp ends there. It serves well as a fodder for me to practice my sword skill. While it turn to polygon, I walk away to find for my next target.

As I walk away, the sound of shattering can be heard.

Wind Wasp: 0/10

I approach a group of three wasp. Three wasp wouldn't be that hard... I breath in slowly, throwing away all unnecessary thoughts. The previous battle serve as a real warm up. Now I'm ready to take on enemy, including the queen.

The three wasp, flying around a bed of flowers looks menacing. Having a wide area magic would help a lot here...too bad SAO didn't have that. The sword skill will determine how strong the player here can hit.

With that, I lower my pose and shoulder my sword. The system detects my motion and my sword glow yellow. I let the system assist my movement, and with absurd speed I dash at the group, reaching them within mere second. I thrust my sword forward,yellow projectile follows the sword.

ID 3971  BD: 10  MD: 8-3

One of the wasp return to database as I struck it down. "Sonic Leap", a useful sword skill to shorten you distance and attack the enemy in blinding speed. Its friend attack me, as their friend shatter into fragments. I roll to the left, dodging the attacks and close in to another wasp.

Wind Wasp 1: 0/10

Wind Wasp 2: 10/10

Wind Wasp 3: 10/10

ID 3974  BD: 1  MD: 3

The wasp attempt for another attack. This time one wasp fly high and dive towards me while the one close to me try to attack my leg. I jump back to avoid the one near me and duck when the second wasp dive at me. As I move too much at once, I lose my stability. I try to regain my balance, which cost me my chance to attack.

Wind Wasp 2: 10/10

ID 3976  BD: 7+1  MD: 7-3

Regaining my balance, I determine the position of me and my enemies. Right now I'm facing the two wasp; one wasp fly higher than the other one. Looks like they will be going for the same attack. I smirk, the simplicity of A.I today makes my fights easier. I run forward and swing my sword down before thrusting forward. Their formation crumble down as the one I hit thrown backwards.

Wind Wasp 2: 2/10

ID 3977  BD: 2  MD: 7-3

My bold move manage to give me the upper hand...for a moment. I forgot to do something about the other wasp that fly right at the top of my head. Leaving too much opening, I let myself fall into danger.

The wasp dive fast at me. I lower myself and run forward,barely avoiding the attack.

Another crisis avoided.

Wind Wasp 2: 2/10

ID 3979  BD: 5+1  MD: 2

The wasp that fly away from my previous attack slowly rise to air. I struck it down with downward swing diagonally followed by sword skill <Slant>.  It stops in the air, unable to fly higher as it turn to polygon.

I turn backward and face the last of the wasp group. Without its friend, It should be a quick battle.

Wind Wasp 2: 0/10

ID 3980  BD: 4+1  MD: 4-3

We approach each other, determine to defeat our enemy. This final wasp would surely spawn the queen if I defeat it. The wasp won't let me approach their queen easily though.

Its attack pattern change. Previously it would fly straight at its enemy. Now it fly in random pattern, making it difficult for me to determine where it would strike next. I raise my awareness towards the surrounding. I pretty much able to sense where it's position while it fly left and right.

I run forward as it strike from my left side. Evading it, I turn around and make a mad dash towards the wasp.

Wind Wasp 2: 0/10