[PP-F4] A Suprise Meeting (Steel and Rin)

Steel was walking through the snow covered fields of Floor 4. He like snow so he had decided to come down and walk around and maybe fight some monsters. Not much later, Steel saw a girl seeming to have trouble with an Alpha wolf which was stronger than the normal wolves. When he saw the girl, he felt some familiarity about her but decided to think about that later as he charged in. When he got in range he slashed at the wolf dealing critical damage. "You okay there?" He asked the girl without looking away in the chance of it counterattacking.

Steel: 19/19

Rin: 13/13

Alpha Wolf: 9/15

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rin had been training on floor four for a while now, attacking the various wolfs which spawned randomly across the snowy landscape. She had been finding the fights between her and the wolves to be quite challenging, considering she was only level five this was rather acceptable, however now she was face to face with an alpha wolf she was really struggling. 

Just as she was about to strike the alpha wolf with her dagger another player jumped in, slashing the animal with what appeared to be a critical hit. "Hey! Back off, I dont need your help- this is my fight!" She yelled at the player who she hadn't really been bothered to observe yet, as all of her attention was centered on the alpha wolf.

Rin charged at the alpha wolf and sunk her dagger into its side, dealing quite a bit of damage. "Hmph," She made a satisfied noise, proud of her work. She usually had some trouble with fights, he concentration was almost always off and she ended up missing. It was good that she hit her target this time or she would have humiliated herself in front of the strange player.

"Dont just stand there!" She called out too the player, "You can kill it too!" The words she said completely contradicted what she had said earlier about not needing any help, she just wanted this monster dead.

Steel: 19/19

Rin: 13/13

Alpha Wolf: 6/15

Rolled a 9 on the battle dice

"As you wish." Steel said with a smile. since he had turned to the girl to respond, the wolf was able to land a hit, however, it did zero damage due to his heavy armor. Steel then turned to the wolf again. "Well Mr. Wolf, it appears you just made the wrong move." He said before charging up for a sword skill. He released it and cut up the wolf, making its health drop to zero before shattering into data fragments. "Well, that's over now." He said as he confirmed the experience and loot he got. "The name's Steel, what's your name?" He asked the girl as he turned back to her.

"Hey!" She yelled as the player killed the alpha wolf, "I was just about to finish that off!" She sighed and pushed her long hair off of her face muttering to herself, "I didnt need your help." Although she had to admit it was rather impressive that the player who had just introduced himself as Steel could finish off the target with just one hit where as it would take her two or more. "My name is Rin Tachibana," She replied, "Both in game and out. She quickly checked her received loot and experience before turning to face the other player and saying in the friendliest tone she could muster, " Nice to meet you I guess.""

"Weren't you the one who told me I could kill it?" Steel said in response to Rin's brashness. When he heard her name, he had a face of surprise. "Wait a minute, that tone of voice and attitude along with that name. Is that really you Tachibana? It really was someone I knew." He then had a small smile on his face. "Don't you recognize me? It's me, Takeshi Kurogane from school in the real world. I was in the grade above you wasn't I?" About a month or two before the SAO incident started, he had met the girl Rin Tachibana on the rooftop of the school during lunch time. The girl was quite cold and blunt towards him but in all fairness, he was the same and acted blunt as well. Somehow after a long argument on that day, the two began to have conversations on the roof during break. He hadn't seen her since the SAO incident so this was a surprise to him.

"Hmph, I never told you to kill it! You must be going deaf baka," She retorted, jerking her head so her hair swished behind her. Rin narrowed her eyes at whoever this 'Steel' player was, racking through her brain for any memories of him. "Takeshi... Senpai? She spoke her thoughts aloud, "Wait! I think I remember you! You're that super annoying baka that I met on the roof aren't you?"

Rin had completely forgotten that Takashi played Sword Art Online, she would have been worried about his well being if she had remembered. She had to admit she did fee a bit bad for not remembering he played.

"Wow," She smiled brightly at him, "It's good to see you again!"

And as usual, she's calling me by my first name. Steel thought to himself with a bit of a sweat drop as this sort of thing was uncommon in Japan especially between upper and lower classmen but he didn't really mind. "Yes, I'm that annoying baka from the roof. It's nice to see you as well." Steel said in response to the girl's enthusiastic response to recognizing him. The change in attitude was almost like night and day. He wondered what the cause was. "How have you been?"

"I have been bored out of my mind, however I am still pretty certain that being trapped inside of Sword Art Online is better than living my life in the real world," She sighed ,"You know... that sort of stuff. Nothing amazing. How about you? What have you been up to all this time you were hiding from me?" 

Rin had never been that warm towards Takeshi, actually she had never been that warm to anyone out of her own free will. But she certainly trusted him more than the other people she knew in her life, obviously this was not something she was going to say aloud anytime soon. He had been a big brother figure to her and she knew that when push came to shove he would be there for her.

"I wasn't hiding from you." Steel rebutted. "In fact, I didn't even know you were part of this until now." He then sheathed his sword. "As for what I've been up to, I guess I've just been fighting mobs, getting new equipment, and meeting new people, some being more weirder than others. Two months ago, I took part in fighting a boss actually." He then looked her down and saw she was still wearing the initial equipment. "Maybe we should get you some better equipment, it'll be better in the long run, especially with armor and such."

"Yeah whatever," Rin sighed to Takeshi's comment about not hiding from her, "I've told you before that I played this game, you could at least try to remember what I tell you." She wasnt being rude, she was just simply saying what she meant.

Even if she came across as mean Rin hoped that Takeshi understood the way she was. He ought to by now, she thought, they had spent almost every lunchtime together for quite a while now.

"A boss? That's quite impressive," She muttered to herself, "I need to up my game if I ever want to be on the same level as him..." Rin hadnt really bothered to up her level ever since she was officially trapped inside of the game, thinking that if she did she might be asked to help clear the floors which could lead to her death. Which is something she certainly didnt want. However her opinion had changed over the past few weeks, she was aspiring to become a high level in which she could help contribute to everyone's escape from the game. She was fed up with being a weak and hopeless little girl who could never do anything right.

"Yeah I know I need armor, dont tell me what to do," She sighed and placed her hands upon her hips, "I was planning on getting some armor eventually."

"If you want, we can do a quest together to get you that better equipment." Steel said. "See this armor I have on? I got it from a quest where if you can get certain items for this shop, they'll make you some equipment. There's also another quest where you can get a better weapon. I bet you want to get stronger right?" He said this with a smile. "I'll even help you fight a low level field boss when you feel you're ready. The more we fight through all these different mobs, the faster we'll level up and get stronger!" He said this in an excited manner. "Wanna start doing some hunting here? If we're going to go through those quests I mentioned earlier together, it'd be best if we learned each other's combat style and such, not that there's not much more to figure out since we already know each other pretty well."

"Sure, that sounds good to me! " She smiled happily at Takeshi, "I think we should get some better armor first though, I have two weapons already- a standard dagger and a plus one attack axe... Which I dont really know how to use," She admitted rather sheepishly, "I havent been on any quests yet so I am looking forward to it, especially since it is with you- It would be so boring by myself. Right come on then Takeshi," She called him by his first name as usual, not feeling the need to add any honorifics, and pointed in a random direction where hopefully they could find some mobs to fight, "Lets go kill some mobs!"

"Right you are." Steel said as the two of them began walking in the direction she pointed in. Along the way, the two of them talked about random stuff like normal as if they were back on that roof top together. It was nostalgic and it let him forget about the whole death game for a while. After a period of time, two snowmen monsters came into view. "Looks like we gotta kill Frosty." He said in a joking tone as he drew his sword. "Except these ones aren't so friendly. I'll tank and block their attacks, you focus on attacking. Don't worry, about me, they won't be able to do any damage to me. I'll protect you."

Steel 19/19

Rin 15/15

Snowman 1: 11/11

Snowman 2: 11/11

"Thats not funny," Replied Rin to Takeshi's joke about the snowman, "Frosty is adorable, this thing is not. Dont mix the two up." She drew her dagger from the sheath strapped to her waist, "Hmph I wouldn't worry about you anyway." And with that comment she sprinted towards the snowmen, dagger clutched in her hand as she prepared for an attack.

She had never fought against snowmen before, and assumed they would be rather easy to kill. By easy she meant that neither of the two players were going to die in this battle. Well, at least she hoped not. Players had been dying constantly all across the world of Sword Art Online for reasons not that great.

Her dagger glinted in the light as she quickly slashed at snowman 1 and drove it into the monsters back. Pulling the dagger back out with one swift movement she returned to her offensive stance by Takeshi's side, pleased with her work.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Snowman 1: 6/11

Steel saw that the snowman that got attacked got mad and charged towards Rin and he got in the way to block it, his armor negating the damage before he swung his sword again, causing the snowman to go into the red. "Okay Rin, finish it off while I hold back the other snowman! Leave the tank job to me!" He said before charging towards the other snowman, leaving Rin to take down the almost dead snowman.

Rolled a 6

Snowman 1: 1//11

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rin sighed, wanting to take on the other snowman instead of finish of the almost dead one. She knew she could deal way more damage on the other snowman than she could on this one. For a moment she was very tempted to intercept Takeshi's attack and hit the other snowman herself, however this could result in her own injury so she decided against it. "Fine," She muttered to herself before simply slashing the snowman in front of her with the dagger in her hand then watched as it dropped to the floor and erupted into a shower pixels. See, she thought, the other snowman would have been so much more fun to attack.

Snowman 1: 0/11 -DEAD

• 2 weeks later...

Steel watched the snowman he was facing as he kept his sword at the ready. He noticed that Rin had defeated the other snowman and began to move the opposite direction. He made a movement as if he were to swing his sword, causing the NPC monster to charge at him. In response, Steel backed away, making the snowman miss its attack. "Rin, there's an opening for you!"