[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living Quest>> Blacksmith Profession

Talismhyn wandered around the Starting City, looking for anything to do. Well, he sorta needed a job, as a way to earn Col (excluding monster killing.) He sees people in professions such as Tailoring, Performing, Merchandising, Tailoring, and Smithing. He wanted one of those, but didn't know where to start. Talismhyn supposed he should ask an NPC. It wasn't hard to find one that would give him directions to the nearest smithy. "Hi," he said to an NPC, a middle-aged woman called Jane. "is there somewhere I could find a smithy?" He asked her. "Why, sure, there is. I'll give you directions to it." Jane gave him a small map, which Talismhyn out in his inventory. "Thanks!" he exclaimed. Talismhyn made a mental note to ask this NPC about things every so often. He grabbed the map and went off in the indicated direction.

A few hours later...

"Ugh!" Talismhyn grumbled. He'd had to stop at a small shop near the edge of the city, just to grab a metal for the smithy to accept, as the directions on the backside of the map indicated. "Why can't the lazy bum just get metals himself!" he mumbled under his breath has he went through another empty field, devoid of any boars. "At least the NPC gave me a safe path..." Talismhyn thought to himself as he walked. His feet were getting tired of all this walking, and it was upsetting Talismhyn. He spotted something. "Finally!" he mumbled as he almost started running towards it. He stumbled upon it, gasping for air. He'd reached it! There was a sign that said, "Princess' Smithy and Weapon Shop". "Ugh, is this girl so full of herself that she named herself Princess?!" he thought. Oh, well, names didn't matter, just the job. Talismhyn opened the door and stepped inside, expecting to see a full-of-herself woman.

Talismhyn was surprised at what he saw. A woman (he assumed her to be Princess) was working on a piece of metal, trying to make a sword out of it. Talismhyn didn't notice this, as he was transfixed by her long, dark brown hair and blue eyes. "She's so beautiful!" he thought. Suddenly, her head snapped up. She put her tools down and walked over to him. "I assume you are here to become a blacksmith, yes?" she asked. He nodded, unsure of what to think of her. "Okay, then," she started, "I am Princess the Blacksmith. In order for you to become a blacksmith, I require something of you. Talismhyn, assuming it was the metal from the shop, grabbed it out of his inventory and placed it in her hand.

She stared at the metal for a few seconds, and then set it on a table with numerous other metals. "Good enough," she said, "but I need you to defeat my monsters, collect their gems, and return them to me, yes?" she asked. Talismhyn mumbled, "Sure..." A popup window appeared in front of him: -  You are doing a quest for Princess the Blacksmith **NPC**. Do you accept?  - and listed under it was the requirement: -  Kill Princess' Smithybeasts x1  -. Talismhyn accepted. Princess placed a hand on his shoulder, and suddenly he was in a field with odd-looking boars. They resembled regular boars, but they had crystals above the eyes. "I only need to kill one..." he thought. He trotted up to the nearest boar and got into a battle stance.

Roll ID 4142

Talisman attacked. He was off by a bit, and missed. The boar just stared at him, as if he were a pathetic little thing that had just disobeyed the boar's orders. The boars eyes lit up a dark red, and he attacked Talismhyn in a rage. It connected, and sent Talismhyn back. He landed with a loud thud. "Thank god there's no pain in this game!" Talismhyn thought, grateful for whoever made the decision to not involve pain. Talismhyn got back up, groaning as he did, and got back in front of the boar. "They're called Smithybeasts!" he reminded himself.

[smithybeast A's HP: 5/5]

[Talismhyn's HP: 6/7]

Roll ID 4145

He stood in a fighting stance. Talismhyn stared at the Smithybeast, and vice versa. It was almost a staring competition, really. Talismhyn attacked with all his might. He let the sword skill explode, feeling adrenaline run through his veins. Score! The attack had connected. The boar went back a bit from the sudden force. The boar was mad that this newcomer was attacking him, and the boar had done no wrong. The boar attacked. He hit Talismhyn with an attack that had dealt two damage! Two! The only thought on Talismhyn's mind was "I MUST KILL THIS THING, WHATEVER IT IS!"

Roll ID 4146

Talismhyn attacked the Smithybeast, attempting to kill it. He missed, because his luck stank. Ugh! he thought. Not to his surprise, the boar attacked him, and landed on him. This attack deducted 1 HP, and now Talismhyn had alost more than half of his total health to one kittyfluffing boar. "GAH!" He yelled, full of anger. This game was not going to get him at level 2! Not yet! But stull, Talismhyn felt sick to his stomach. He felt like vomiting. Of course he was going to lose! He despaired over his fate. He4 then remembered, hey, I've got a bread! He got it out of his inventory and snacked on it quickly, regaining 1 HP as he did so.

[smithybeast A's HP: 4/5]

[Talismhyn's HP: 4/7]

Roll ID 4151

Talismhyn attacked, getting tired of doing this over and over just to get one gem for Princess. It missed again, and he just broke down. He started sobbing, very upset over SAO in general and the fact that he might die for just a profession. Using his breakdown, the boar attacked. It fluffing connected! Talismhyn was sent flying, but he didn't care. He didn't want to die. A guttural scream cam from his throat, and he attacked.

[smithybeast A's HP: 4/5]

[Talismhyn's HP: 3/7]

Roll ID 4153

The blow connected. Using all his rage, adrenaline, and might, he had actually hit the boar, goddangit. It went sprawling. Talismhyn had only dealt one damage, but he was proud of himself. He had overcome the odds (it seemed) and got a blow on the boar. The boar, actually surprised that this stranger had gotten a second blow on him, attacked. It missed! This boosted Talismhyn's confidence as the tears dried from his face. I can do this! he thought.

Rolled a 3 on the d4 dice.

Rolled a 2 on the d6 dice.

Rolled a 4 on the d8 dice.

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 2 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 1 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Talismhyn attacked, fueled by anger, and wanting to win. The blow connected, and took all of the Smithybeast's HP. It exploded into shards of light, and Talismhyn got a popup message: Item Acquired - Amethyst Gem. "Yes!" He yelled into the sky. Talismhyn was suddenly teleported back to Princess' Shop. "I see you got the material, yes?" She asked. He meekly nodded. Princess quickly grabbed a metal from the table full of them and placed it on a strange platform.