[OP-F1] <<Earning a Living Quest>> Becoming an Alchemist

Exchequer was in the Town of Beginnings. He was growing tired of the repetitious life style of waking up, wandering around, grabbing a bite to eat, talking and then going to an inn to sleep and repeat the following day. Upon having the feeling, Exchequer knew that staying in the town was not his calling, as the idea of fighting in the Front Lines became more and more appetising with each passing day. 

But Exchequer also had a pressing thought. He didn’t just want to reach the Front Lines and then just be hopeful that he didn’t die first, but rather, he wanted to equip himself with a particular set of skills. Beginning with a profession. 

Exchequer had agreed to meet with an NPC who claimed to be a seasoned Alchemist, who offered to impart Exchequer with knowledge of the basics. Out of all the professions that was available in Sword Art Online, alchemy was the one that stood out to Exchequer the most as it came across as a technical art that would be most difficult to master, but the most rewarding – he could only imagine the things he could create. 

Exchequer arrived outside a modest small house and proceeded to enter. Soon greeted by the NPC known as Goldwit who was stood behind an oak wood counter. 

“Ah, I see you have stayed true to your word. “ Goldwit said. 

“Of course, I would like to learn.â€

“Then please, have a look at this quest.†

A small screen soon expanded in front of Exchequer.

JOURNEY OF AN ALCHEMIST

LOCATE AND HARVEST A TIGER LILY PLANT

ACCEPT?

YES NO

Exchequer, without hesitation, prodded the ‘yes’ option with his fingertip.

“Excellent, gather that from the forest just east of here and I’ll be able to teach you the basics of alchemy. Good luck.†Goldwit said. 

“Of course.†Exchequer nodded.

After around thirty minutes, Exchequer eventually arrived at the forest to the east as the quest described. He almost forgot the scale of how big the Sword Art Online world was, and it only just donned on him that he was only on floor one out a hundred. "This is going to be the start of a very long journey." Exchequer sighed.

Upon entering the forest, Exchequer soon came across a patch filled with flora of various kinds. "I guess it's time to start looking." Exchequer scratched the side of his head before getting on his hands and knees and rummaging through the vegetation. 

ID: 4137 

LD: 1

"Drats, it looks like no luck this time." Exchequer sighed.

Upon standing back upright, Exchequer stretched in various ways; his arms and legs in order to make himself a little more flexible and comfortable, before kneeling back down once again and rummaging through the same vegetation in order to try look for the Tiger Lily. 

"Perhaps this time, I will get lucky."

ID: 4195 

LD: 3

"Oh my." Exchequer sighed. "This is going to be a lot harder than I thought." 

Exchequer heard a voice from beside him and felt confused but alerted. He stood upright and backed away quickly and reached for his rapier, still keeping it sheathed however. Soon realising that the player appeared to be friendly, Exchequer alleviated his grip on the rapier handle and sighed. "Sorry...I was quite zoned in on the task at hand." He smiled. "I am on a Professions quest; I wish to become an Alchemist, which requires me to search the forest for a Tiger Lily." 

Remembering her own profession quest she laughs slightly at the memories. "Well seein how you are becoming an alchemist like me how about I help ya out." The girl says and standing up she holds her hand out to him. "The names Marisa Kirisame, though I prefer bein called Marisa, Whats your name ~Da Ze?" Marisa says with her signature grin on her face.