[PP-F4] Loving the Snow...Kinda (Celes)

Kazuya looked around the frozen floor, admiring the snow. Though he still couldn't remember much, he did remember that he loved the snow and the beauty that it held. He knew that he had spent a lot of time on this floor, just sitting around and watching it fall. He stood next to a snowbank. Suddenly a childish urge to fall into it came over him. He fell backwards into the snow bank and began to revel in it's beauty and and coolness. I see why my past self loved this place. It is absolutely beautiful and awe inspiring.

Celes almost tripped on the man. Good thing she was good at dodging. When she saw who is was she  sighed, giving him a look and turning away, she began to walk in the opposite direction. She remembered their last encounter, he had been so mad. They had no reason to speak now, she had decided what she had done was right. And nothing he said could change that. 

Kazuya was confused. This woman who had almost stepped on him seemed to be angry or at least frustrated. Not knowing what was wrong and somewhat curious, he got up and went after her. "Hey miss! Miss, wait up! Did I do something? What's wrong miss? Did something happen?" He didn't know if it involved him or if she was like that before and almost stepping on him might gave set her off, but since he thought he was nice, or at least he was going to be from now on, he wanted to help.

Kazuya took a quick step back as the woman's words seemed to cut like daggers. He quickly bored after her though. "Miss! Miss! What do you mean 'I was the one who was angry' that I drew the blade at you? I don't remember any of that. Miss, you aren't in my hair at all. I just saw that you were angry and apparently it has to do with me. I'm sorry if I wronged you somehow, but honestly, I don't remember doing so. Top be fair, I don't even remember who you are, miss." He ran in front of her and turned around to stare into the woman's obviously angry eyes.

Celes looked at him closely.... Kazuya... did he just not remember...? "You dont know me?  WE fought together, we... we fought against each other. Dont you remember? What is wrong with you?" Worry replaced her anger. What had happened to him? What could happen in this world to make someone forget everything... did he not remember... argu...

"I just... I fought with you. We argued... but... Why dont you remember... what happened?  are you... okay?" She wasnt surprised she didnt leave an impression, they only fought together once, and then they clashed again when Argumail died. But still to have lost his memory like that... What could have... "Lets go have tea... and you can tell me what happened, ok?"

Kazuya cocked his head to the sideand looked at her. 'I would think I would remember someone like her, but...maybe something really bad happened.' He brushed some snow off of his coat and replied, "Okay, let's go then. Maybe you can tell me something that Lessa already hasn't." He turned a walked with her. "Ummm... I'm sorry. I can't remember any good places for tea on this floor. Would you please take the lead here?"

Celes smiled "Oh dont worry I know ALL of the best places for food, Its my favorite hobby." they walked through streets and alleys until they arrived to a small place , it fit maybe five people, small with an old NPC woman watching over people. Celes sat down, offering a seat to her companion. "Lets see, I know you were pretty strong, you wanted to be a tactician, in battle, you were good. Later, we... we were fighting a friend of yours, he died. He was... very sick and he attacked my friends, I defended and fought him, Another firend of mine came in and defended me... your friend died. You were angry, you almost attacked us..." She trailed off, not able to continue. 

Kazuya sat down in the chair and leaned back, relaxing as the woman spoke. Suddenly she began speaking of people dying, of his friend dying. Shocked by it, he fell backwards. "What?!?!" He swung his arms in an attempt to regain balance, but alas, it was in vain. He hit the floor with a loud thud. He quickly got back up, replaced his chair to its upright position, and began to look around, embarrassed. Having regained his composure, he began questioning. "Sick? How and why, if he was sick, would he attack people? Wouldn't that just be suicide. Shouldn't you go off and try to get better, not charge into a fight?.." He was so confused he didn't understand any of what she had said, except for the tactician part. That much made sense, but the rest about someone's death... That was too much to take in so quickly. He took a deep breath and prepared himself for the answers. 

She frowned "He was attacking lower level players, Level two, one... they couldnt defend themselves. I attacked to defend them.  HE was... twisted somehow. He kept singing this strange song about death, its like... Like he enjoyed torturing the weaker players. When I stepped in he began to back down. But it was too late, we were in a duel, and then... Well a player killer stepped in. She pushed me away. Then... it was over. I... I'm so sorry......" 

Kazuya blinked a few times, waiting for it all to sink in. Then it hit him. This was the man who he had woken up beside his grave. It all started to fall in place. His memories weren't returning, but all the feelings he had been having were staying to make sense. He took another deep breath, this time a shaky one. The moment he started to show his conflicted emotions, he hid them. "So, that's how it happened...that's how I became like this?" He felt the guilt in her voice and felt bad that he was thinking of himself. Even though this woman might hacker had a hand in his loss of memory, he wanted let his old self go. He knew he was not the best or kindest person, and wanted this to be his chance change that, at least slightly. "Miss, don't apologize. It's not like I'm happy to hear this, but I can't remember it. There is no need to apologize for something that should not be remembered. It should remain in the past and let it help shape you, not control you."

"Dont say that to me. Do NOT I have... i... He died... because of me.... its my fault... someone... lost....their life, i was... I was weak! if i had been able to stay in control, to intimidate him. But no.... no i was weak i needed help... and a man is dead...now... And now youre sick too.. god this is all my fault..." She broke down starting to cry in earnest. A man had died, now Kazuya lost his memory, god it was all her fault.... 

Kazuya let out a sigh. "Yeah... So what?" He shrugged. "So what if I'm 'sick'? So what if a man died? So what if you are weak? Out of all those things, I see only one that you have the power to change. If this bothers you so much, focus on what can be changed. Focus on moving forward. I guess that's why this might have happened to me. I wasn't able to move forward because I refused to let go my past, so my body, my brain, and my mind decided to combine forces and stage a bit of an intervention." He reached across the table and gently grabbed her hand as she continued to cry. "Miss, I don't think this is your fault. Honestly, this barely had anything to do with you. Don't hold onto things that you don't have to, because it will tear you apart. Miss, I don't remember how you were before, but I'm sure you were stronger than you are right now. Are you going to let this misplaced blame continue to weigh you down and make you weaker? Please let it go. I don't want you to end up like me. Trust me, it's not fun not even being able to remember your own family. You wouldn't like it, so please. I know the hardest person to forgive is yourself, but try." He brought his other hand across the table and held hers with both of his now. 

Celes looked at him "You hated me.. is this... is this my second chance?" 

She thought about how argumail how dies. How she had felt. How sad she felt. She had broken down. to take a life in this game, she was esentially a murderer. Now she was in front of the man that had first called her that. How could this happen?  was this her second chance? She didnt know what this was... 

Kazuya looked back at her. "I guess it is. I'm glad you are looking more on the positive side of this. If I did hate you before, I can be sure I don't now. I can't even remember my full name, much less yours. I promise that even when I get my memory back that, as long as you promise to leave this all behind, I will forgive you for whatever it was you think you did." He was starting to think it might as well be his second chance as well. If he had hated someone some fragile and kind, he obviously wasn't that great of a person.

Celes' crying slowed. Yes a second chance, she had sworn to never fight like that unless she was sure she could finish the battle. If she was going to kill it was defending those she cared about, not being protected. "I'm... I'm stronger now, It wont happen again. I dont need anyone to defend me anymore, I can do it myself." She said with determination. "This wont happen again, and, if you let me, I'll prove to you that i can.. I dunno, defend myself."  

Kazuya smiled. It seems he had repair some damage that he had done in the past and he was proud of that. Maybe he was on his way tip being a better Kazuya than before. "Well, I'm sure you will. I personally want the strength to protect those close to me as well, but you see. I have a bit of a problem there." He paused a bit. "I can't remember who they are." He burst into laughter. "I didn't even recognize my own fiancee. Am I glad she wasn't mad."

Celes smiled "Why not focus on making new friends? finding new people to protect... maybe, in doing so, youll me the ones you used to protect too, eh? what do you think?" she asked now lightly more relaxed. This was her chance to start over "and maybe, if youll let me, I'd like to be a friend too.... " she added quietly, not wanting to overstep.

(OOC sorry i didnt respond computer died was fixing)