[PP-F1] Beginner's Blade (GarouxPepper)

Spires of rock dotted the grassy plains, and the sound of water could be heard more clearly as one drew further away from the starting city. Pools of water glittered under the sun, held in structures that blossomed out over a vast canyon, suspended in a manner normally impossible by known physics. Such was the norm in a game.

A young looking woman, possibly a teenager, stood with a dress wrapped around her thin body. She stood in a straight stance, her ginger hair flowing in the wind like water. She held a silvery short sword in her right hand, gripping it lightly as a flower. It wasn't like the needed to keep her grip--she was programmed to never drop her sword.

"Hello there, perhaps you would like to duel with me?" A question mark hung above the NPC's head, along with a duel request that appeared in front of her. She smiled and said nothing beyond that, it was all she was programmed to say until her duel request was accepted.

Garou gasped at the abrupt question from Pepper. A duel? He had not expected NPC's to challenge players to such things. The boy had a long-brimmed black hat sitting on his purple hair that almost hid his light green eyes. A Victorian suit clung to his body just right with an ascot and all. The most notable part of Garou's appearance however were the reinforced silver chains that wrapped around his torso, legs, and down his arms where they linked to a pair of white felt gloves he was wearing.

The lad took off his hat, placed it over his chest, and bowed to the girl. His friends would probably think him bowing to a digital creation to be an absurd action, but his manners surpassed his reasoning. Garou spoke up, the chains rattling around him. "That sounds delightful, m'lady."

"Greetings, player Garou." The NPC dipped her head, drawing her sword and holding it at the ready. "My name is Pepper. I will be dueling you today."

She only said what she was programmed to say--it was all she knew.

"You may have the first move." With that, she raised her sword to hold it in front of her face, ready to block a hit. The sword glinted in the sunlight, sending a flare of brightness at Garou's face.

---

OOC:

The Good: I seriously can't find any flaws in your writing with your first post. I mean, I'm sure I'll have some feedback after a few posts but... absolutely stunning writing! I love it!

He breathed out, letting his muscles of binary relax in union. Garou drew his two-handed longsword that Rage had created specifically for his uses, dubbed Heaven's Beam, from the sheathe strapped to his back. "Alright then. Let us begin."

He charged at her and swiped low at her right thigh, moving so quickly that it was almost a mockery of the restricting chains that bound him.

Garou's HP: 17 / 17

--------------------------------------

OOC: Thank you ^^ lol I try my best.

Pepper not only easily dodge the slash, but she slammed her sword down right on Garou's face, landing a critical hit. She then spun around and jumped back about two yards, holding up her sword to bask it in the fading sunlight with a gleaming smile. She seemed proud of herself. She then dashed forward again, ready to stab at Garou.

10/10

---

OOC:

Suggestion 1: I noticed that you didn't exactly use the battle die. You more threw your attack and waited to see how I reacted. That was fine, but I suggest you use the "editing" method. This means you post the word, "editing", see what you rolled, and edit the post accordingly. See how I rolled a ten? Critical hit.

Garou fell on his bottom from the impact of Pepper's attack, both of his ears ringing all the while. He struggled back onto his feet only to see the NPC approaching at high speeds. Garou hefted his sword up and tried to bring it down in her line, but he was still dazed from the previous blow. Garou only swung vertically to the side in confusion, groaning as he missed.

Garou's HP: 15 / 17

------------------------------------------

OOC: Okee, some people just complain that I may be godmodding slightly when I do carry out the hit. I typically do it this way, however.

Pepper raised her sword, about to slash him and finish the battle when... she slipped on a wet patch of grass, and was sent crashing to the ground so horribly that she accidentally slit her arm with her own sword. She jumped back to her feet, stumbling as she gripped her sword tightly.

9/10

---

OOC:

Suggestion 1: Don't forget to use your HP bar. You just lost two points.

The boy suddenly began to be irritated once he noticed Pepper's clumsy damage dealt to herself. I can't hit her, but I'm not going too let her finish herself off! That would be way to embarrassing! Garou ran up to Pepper as she gathered herself, lashing out at her like a vicious animal. Sadly, it seemed the poor kid was too excited, as he tripped on his own heels and fell to the ground once more. Damn it! What's wrong with me!

Garou's HP: 15 / 17

-----------------------------------

OOC: Heehee, sorry I fixed that. My bad. So from what I can gather, in this system I deal damage to myself if I roll a 1, and critical hit with a 10? And surely the dice is split even, 1-5 being bad for the roller, 6-10 being beneficial to the roller?

Pepper paused with a grin. She spun around and slammed her sword down on Garou hard, bashing the skin on his shoulder blade open and sending particles of bright red virtual damage points flying into the air as her blade connected with his body. She dug her sword into his body, then raised it up and prepared to stab again.

---

OOC: Yep. At least, that's how I do it. Here's what I go by:

1= Critical fail, hurt self and/or fall

2-4=Fail

5-7=Unlock sword skill and hit

8-9=Very good hit (usually does 2 points of damage)

10= Critical hit (3 points of damage)

Garou roared with pain as he grabbed at his shoulder and fell to his knees, having to force himself to remember that Sword Art Online was just a game. As soon as his mind stopped playing tricks on him, the aspiring bard lurched backwards, narrowly dodging Pepper's attack. "You're tougher than you look," he murmured through violent pants. Garou launched himself at her, cutting her stomach before quickly twisting away. He kicked up dirt towards her face, hoping to blind her momentarily and follow up with his attacks.

Garou's HP: 13 / 17

-----------------------

OOC: Alright. Everyone seems to have a different battle system and the tutorial is a little vague, so ehhh...

((The dice love me today! Geez!))

Pepper spun around after she was hit, slashing at Garou's face in a whirlwind formation. She hit three times, then jumped back and ran at him with her sword ready. She had a wide smile on her face, ready to finish the duel with a swift slice.

8/10

---

OOC: Yes, the tutorial is vague so that players can kind of govern themselves. This is good for some, but bad for others. It's a little difficult to understand, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually.

The once calm boy was now almost dancing in his response to the dueling NPC's attack. His face almost stung and he struggled to remain on his feet. Garou swept Heaven's Beam around weakly, then slashed outwards still weakly, giving Pepper's left knee a cut. He waddled backwards as his sword rose to his face in defense. Garou still had quite a bit of health, but the girl's pure stamina seemed to have worn him out.

The duel was not going according to his plans, and he saw that he was in the deep end of his thresholds. With his chains, at least...

Garou's HP: 11 / 17

• 2 weeks later...

Pepper snarled like a wild animal. She raised her sword again, then started spinning. However, her whirlwind didn't work this time. She slipped on the grass, crashing down and stabbing herself in the arm. Her eyes blazed with fury, and she stumbled to her feet while brushing herself off with red cheeks.

6/10

Pepper blinked, confused. "Movies?" she said, pausing for a moment. She then quickly slashed downward after pretending to be distracted by her nonexistent thoughts. Her sword collided with Garou's arm, and she started spinning again with her sword ready to slash with every movement.

6/10

The boy was surprised by the fact that she pushed through her artificial state of confusion. Garou growled and flexed his wrists, causing his white felt gloves and chains to drop. He got low and rushed towards the NPC, underestimating his fresh flexibility and falling face-first onto his own blade. Just... ouch...

Garou's HP: 9 / 17

Pepper's eyes darted to his health bar, and her lips curled in a smile. She started slashing back and forth, pouring on everything she could. With a single cut, she jumped back as Garou's HP fell into the yellow zone by one point.

CONGRATULATIONS

---

WINNER: *NCP*

Pepper seemed to not be surprised that her name did not appear. She was just one of many, programmed to fight and do nothing but. She was not human, and would never be. She didn't need a name--it was just something she gave herself.

"Good fight," Pepper said, trying to not giggle. It had been a long time since she had won a duel.

He scrambled to his feet in terror, afraid of what had just occurred. He looked at the young NPC girl with wide eyes, asking, "Did I just lose to a bot?" Garou's gaze fell as his mind began burning violently. NO! How could I lose so easily!? How could a training program defeat my talents? The lad ultimately sighed, turning his back to Pepper as he began to walk away.

OOC: So, here’s what I got.

You have a very good writing skill. I find very little flaws in your responses. Mostly, a good idea would be to keep track of your HP. This is only really important in battles, obviously. It’s annoying to players in duels if you don’t remember. In other words, keep up the good work and watch the HP!

This roleplay is complete. Please send your avatar request to Nevina.