[PP-F1] Earning a Living (Celesmeh)

Pepper stopped once she was in the center of Starting City, alone without Miss Oske. She pulled up her menu and started to write down a memo to herself. She wanted to make this treat perfect for Miss Oske, just like Pepper's mother did for her. Pepper's heart ached a little at the thought of it.

Shopping List

Apples (0/3)

Brown Sugar Spoonful (0/3)
Cinnamon Pinch (0/3)
Jar of Maple Imp Syrup (1/1)

Pepper remembered the taste of these apples when she was younger, and she wanted to give a treat to Oske that was as good as that. However, as she wandered around the streets of Starting City, her excitement turned to worry... there was no such thing as brown sugar or cinnamon in this world... all she saw were strange names for spices and stuff. "What the heck...?" she murmured. It seemed that finding her ingredients was going to be harder than expected.
  • 2 weeks later...

For a moment she was sure she was wrong. It was impossible, a child that young in this game. Who could have let their child into such a dangerous- no she was sure of it. The game wasn't always a death game, was it? She walked over to the child and bent down next to her, careful not to interrupt her writing. She saw a list of ingredients and smiled, she was just like unyie.... She cleared her throat to get the girls attention. " hello miss, would you like some help?" She said with a warm smile. She had always had a soft spot for children, though she was worried, was she scary now, with her giant glaive....

"W-wah!" Pepper gasped. She whipped out her dagger, pointing it at the woman who had approached her. "Stranger danger!!"

Pepper stood there for a moment, holding her shaky dagger, then began to speak. "Don't you dare try to take my stuff... I... I don't have anything good, I swear! But it's something I need, okay? I need it!" She shook her head back and forth in a "no" motion. She then realized what the woman had said. "Help? Oh... do you know how to get the stuff? I don't know what any of these words mean..."