[PP-F1] For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic {Pyro} (Closed)

Air had no idea exactly why she was sitting next to her, but she was, and there was no going back. It was the only seat left and she really wanted to see the show. Air would have preferred to sit alone but she had no choice. There was a performance going on and she really wanted to see it. A few higher leveled players had banded together and planned to give a show of music and dancing. Air enjoyed these, in real life too, and hoped it was just as good. They seemed to be while practicing as they were now before beginning. It wasn't very formal or well-planned just rows and rows of chairs and a clearing in the front where they would be doing the show. Back to the point, Air had sat in a seat near the front next to a girl with strange purple hair that she could see from a mile away. Not that she didn't like it, it was very pretty and tied up. She seemed to be extremely happy with an insane smile on her face that looked painful to wear. Air automatically thought she was annoying without even thinking but she knew and hoped the girl wouldn't speak. So Air looked straight ahead with her hands in her lap and didn't dare take a glance at her or turn at all. The main performer announced they would begin in exactly five minutes and Air hoped those five minutes would happen fast.

Pyro was surprised to see someone sit next to her. It seemed as if nobody would, but they did! She was quite excited to meet someone new and make a new friend. They seemed uninterested and kept looking straight ahead as if they wanted to ignore her. Pyro wrinkled her nose wanting to talk wishing the girl with odd green hair would speak already. Pyro shook her head and leaned towards the girl's ear unable to wait any longer. "Hey, you excited?" She whispered. "I am!" Pyro returned to her original place in her seat and her smile started to stretch even further. 'I hope she likes me.' She crossed her fingers. 'Her hair is so cool and she's really pretty too.' Pyro thought now looking Air up and down not caring if it was obvious. She had on blue cloth starter armor and Pyro guessed she was still a lower level. 

Air tensed up as the girl next to her leaned over and whispered into her ear. She didn't like that. She didn't like her. It was pretty obvious by the actions Air was taking so why did the girl even try? She took a deep breath and ignored her and continued to pretend to be watching the performers practice when really all she could think about the purple-haired freak sitting next to her. The poor girl seemed to be fidgeting in her own seat the smile stretched her skin even further to lengths that Air deemed impossible to reach on her face. Though she couldn't really call her poor girl because even though she looked far younger than Air she towered in height over her. Air shivered uncomfortably and if she hadn't wanted to see the performance so bad she would've left already. Maybe deep inside she really wanted to get to know her? Possible. But Air got rid of those thoughts she didn't want floating around and focused on ignoring. What she was best at. Only 4 minutes left.

Pyro didn't know why this girl wouldn't budge. Was she deaf? 'Why would she be playing SAO when she's deaf?' Pyro asked herself and shook her head at herself trying to think of reasons completely zoning out the thought of her not being likable. Ever since Sword Art Online started everyone liked her as soon as they met. Did this girl not like her? Pyro quickly changed her expression from happy to sad, her heart feel compressed and sunken. She sighed and sulked, crossing her arms over her chest. "If you don't like me just say so. It wouldn't hurt to get to know me first. You're just like those mean girls at school... the one's that always lose in the end of movies." Pyro snapped feeling as if she could plunge a sword into the girl next to her and had a change of heart. 'I-I could... but that seems a little over the top. I feel like being mean now though.'

Air pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. She looked over at the girl sitting next to her. "Toughen up and stop being such a baby. Grow up, seriously. A mean girl? Is that the best you could do? Honestly, I could care less what you think of me because that doesn't matter. The fact that you still tried to be my friend even though I ignored you is pretty funny; you can stop trying now though because I would never become friends with you. You're annoying." In one breath Air let out her feelings and smiled when she was through. It really was funny that the girl called her mean because she was far from it. It wasn't her fault she didn't want to talk to her yet she tried to anyway. 

Pyro listened, hoping the girl would give her a chance, but felt hurt when she just insulted her. Pyro stood up out of her seat and crossed her arms while standing in front of the mystery girl. "Excuse me!" She said angrily. "I was trying to be nice but if your skull is that thick than I guess I shouldn't even try. You probably don't even have any friends so I was doing you a favor by trying. You're the one who should grow up and accept kindness when you see it you ditz." Pyro scowled at Air and flicked her in the forehead to prove a point. 

Air scoffed at the comment and rubbed her head where she'd flicked it feeling rather angry now. But her peaceful ways calmed her down and kept Air from over-reacting. "Look. I'm sorry for insulting you. But I just don't like people, it isn't you, honest. Just try and watch the show okay? There's no need to overreact and cause a scene." Air replied referring to the players that had taken the time to watch Pyro who was now flustered and seemed embarrassed. She sat down and Air looked over at her with a smile and whispered, "Though for you... I could try." Air had taken an interest in Pyro, liking the way she stood up for herself and didn't seem so annoying or like a baby. She usually saw only negative things about everything but this time decided to see the world in a more optimistic view just for her.

Pyro was still embarrassed at the people who were staring at her but was glad Air was going to take the time to become her friend. "Thanks..." She whispered back feeling happy all of the sudden. She chewed on a fingernail and finally focused on the performers in front of them who announced they would begin in a few moments, which probably meant right about now. Before the show, however, Pyro took a glance at Air who was staring straight ahead again but had a small smile on her face. Maybe that was all it took? To be interesting in her eyes. Pyro didn't like that she judged people to find them worthy of her companionship. But she wasn't going to change anybody; and maybe she needed to see the other side of people. Because so far everyone she'd met was nice. This change would probably be good for Pyro and she began to like the idea of getting to know this girl. "I'm Pyro." She leaned over and spoke before moving back into position again. The first performer started singing and she silenced herself intent on listening.

Air had done it. Made another friend. Sword Art Online was certainly changing her but she didn't plan on making any more friends for a while. They were a nuisance, a bother, an interference. But she couldn't seem to wipe the smile off of her face and made it as small and unnoticeable as possible. Somehow she knew Pyro could tell she was smiling. Air was glad for the quiet now though she was sure the girl next to her would begin talking again one the show ended. She listened to her last two words and the smile on her face grew. "I'm Air." She replied in a whisper and listened to the show that now started. 

After the show Air stood up and clapped like the rest. She noticed Pyro was indeed taller than her but obviously younger. She looked up at the girl's blood red eyes with her own blue orbs and opened her HUD menu to send her a friend request. 

Pyro almost forgot about Air during the show. It was beautiful, performance, people and music in all. She clapped and then stood up before taking a look at Air who was already up as well. The girl turned to her with the biggest smile Pyro had seen her wear since they first met. Pyro immediately accepted the friend request. Air rolled her eyes at Pyro before turning and leaving. Pyro put a hand on her shoulder and made Air turn her head. "I'm not going to change you but I'm not going to change me. You're a pessimist. I'm an optimistic person. We're different but can make it work."

Air had rolled her eyes and just started to walk away to a place unknown when she felt a slender hand on her shoulder. She stopped and turned only her head to look at Pyro who gave her a rather mature speech. In which Air replied, "Hey. For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic." And with that she left Pyro who wore a pleased look on her face, arms crossed.