[SP-F1] Taking a Break

Raeyliff, after leaving Destiny, decided that he'd go and spend the night at an inn and relax, then go back fully recovered to fight again. The slashes that the rat he was fighting left on him were gradually closing and healing themselves as he entered. He walked up to the barkeeper and then, smiling, asked "How much for a night here?". The barkeeper was a large man who looked strong and formidable enough to scare anyone, and had a beard. Despite his size, he seemed like a kind, gentle man. "A room here is for 50 col, adventurer. Anything else you need?" the barkeeper asked. "No, that would be it, thank you." Raeyliff nodded and payed for the room. "Follow me then, I'll show you to your room." the barkeeper said, as he walked upstairs. Raeyliff followed by, and soon they both entered a respectable room that was illuminated by candles that gently lit the room. The bed seemed soft and comfortable, and there was a chair and a table in case the person staying needed to eat or think for a while. "Thank you." Raeyliff said, smiling to the barkeeper that nodded as he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. Raeyliff then wasted no time in lying down on the bed, with the candles still lit, to have some time to think. 

Raeyliff looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes. In both real life and in this game, he was constantly deep in thought, sometimes forgetting where he is or what he was doing. So many things in such little time...is this how my RPG characters feel when I play a full day of fighting and leveling up and completing quests? He breathed in deeply then opened his eyes and sat up a little. He was still tired from all the fighting, but it was almost what kept him going. Kayaba took all our skills, all our talents...and put them in a game. Your health and how much you live is determined by a health bar that increases as you level up. Leveling up is like improving upon yourself and your skills in the game. All of this in a single game that you're stuck in until the 100 floors are cleared. He understood how this game is linked to his life, but the more he thought about it...he couldn't explain it. You would have to be part of this game to understand how it felt. Sighing, he rested his back on the bed and slept for a while, trying not to think of the world he used to be in or the family that he was with before all of this happened.

Raeyliff woke up sleepy and was greatly tempted to go back to sleep but decided against it. No, too much sleep would cause laziness. Besides, it might be a nice day today. Maybe I can go to the shops and buy a battle-axe that can actually suit me in fighting. I have enough col, time to go shopping...he thought, blinking twice before sitting up. He then slowly moved out of the bed and started walking out slowly downstairs. He looked around and saw the barkeeper before rubbing his eyes. The barkeeper, apparently noticing his state, laughed and said "Good morning, adventurer. You seem to have slept well. There's a room that's right the opposite of the one you were in that you can wash yourself in." Raeyliff nodded, and sleepily gave his thanks before going back upstairs to wash himself. After finishing up, he walked back downstairs and went over to the barkeeper to give his thanks for the room before leaving. Walking out, he went to the shops and looked around before finally walking to a new shop called "Gurando Foji", which seemed like it just opened recently. He quickly noticed the battle-axe that was finished by the blacksmith and decided to buy it. After buying it, he walked out and grinned. "Time to try this thing out..." he said, before running out of the town's safe zone to fight some boars. He felt much better than he did the day before, and his health bar seemed to have filled up again overnight. It was going to be a good day, he knew it. 

Raeyliff walked over to the field and found a boar that he can begin fighting. Not wasting any time, he quickly equipped Helsependel and tried to get a good grip on it. Focus, Raeyliff..it's a bit more heavy, but you have to try it out and get a good grip. You'll get used to it. he thought, holding it in a combat position before charging. "Here...we....GO!" he said, before charging. 

[6131 BD: 6 MD: 9]

Raeyliff quickly swung at the boar and slashed its side and then stopped after a few more steps forward to look back. However, as soon as he looked back, the boar had already proceeded to attack him, and ramming him in the chest, Raeyliff fell back on the floor. "Ow...that kinda hurt...kinda." he said, as he tried to sit up. 

[Raeyliff deals 2 base damage + 1 weapon damage= 3 damage]

[boar deals 2 damage]

[boar: 3/6]

[Raeyliff: 13/15]

Raeyliff grinned as he looked at the battle-axe. "Not bad, Helsey...Not bad...wait a second, Helsey is going to be its nickname? Nah...something else...why can't I be creative when I want to?" he said, before charging.

[ 6156 BD:3 MD:9]

Raeyliff, who was a bit full of himself now that he had taken the boar's health down by half what it was originally, didn't look in the direction of where the boar was, therefore missing the opportunity to kill it and move on to another boar. Noticing that he hadn't hit anything, he grit his teeth This is usually when the bad part starts, right after the clumsy miss...he thought. Right after he thought that, the boar quickly seized the opportunity to ram Raeyliff from the back, causing him to fall on the floor before it. He stood up slowly to make sure he wasn't hurt anywhere, and then turned around to look at the boar. He was fine, except for a small scratch on his back. Nothing too serious. He picked up his battle-axe and sighed. "Just when I was about to end this and get on going to kill another one of your kind..." he said.

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar deals 2 damage]

[Raeyliff: 11/15]

[boar: 3/6]

Raeyliff closed his eyes and took a deep breath. After one clumsy move, I get hurt over and over again. Just like in the dungeon. It all goes downhill....but not today. Today will be a good day, just like I said, and I'm not planning to lose anytime soon. It's still early and I can still fight some more. Now...let's END this...his eyes fixed on the boar, he charged and then swung with all his strength.

[ 6160 BD:10 MD:6]

Raeyliff yelled as he swung his battle-axe at the boar, cutting it right through. After slowing down and stopping to turn around, the boar disappeared, allowing Raeyliff to grin before noticing that, at the same moment, his health bar was up by 1 point. "Is this what he meant by Helsependel having a 'Life Steal' power? It sounds awesome!" he said to himself, grinning. Now, let's get going. Moving on to the next guy.... he thought, looking around. 

[Raeyliff deals 2 damage +1 from Helsependel + 1 Critical Hit = 4 damage points. Life Steal from Helsependel +1 HP point]

[boar dies before dealing any damage]

[Raeyliff: 12/15]

[boar: 0/6]

Raeyliff closed his eyes and breathed in deeply again before setting off to fight two boars this time. However, he made sure that both were a bit weaker in HP, but a bit stronger in attack than the one he faced a while ago. Finding the perfect pair, he grinned excitedly "Yes! Let's fight!". He ran, holding his battle-axe with both hands towards both of the boars, making sure to get their attention and then making a good fighting distance between them and himself. He then readied his battle-axe and then, without hesitation, charged at both boars. 

[6162 BD:8 MD:6]

[Raeyliff deals 2 base damage + 1 Helsependel damage = 3 damage points]

[ Boar  deals 2 base damage]

Raeyliff charged quickly at the one before him and swung, slashing its side pretty well. However, as soon as he had done that, the boar quickly rammed into him, forcing him to lose his balance and stop for a few moments to regain it before attacking the next boar. 2 base damage...now that's more like it! If everything goes well, I hope I'll be able to kill them both with no issue! Thinking this, he quickly moved on to attack the next boar in front of him. 

[6163 BD:1 MD:5]

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar misses]

Raeyliff was too slow, and by the time he moved to attack the boar was already charging. Luckily, though, he was able to block the boar's attack before it can get any closer, keeping him safe...for now. Both of them deal 2 damage. Both of them are still alive after the first encounter. I am down to 10 HP points. If I lose any more than that I might die....what did I get myself into...hopefully nothing too serious...

[Raeyliff: 10/15]

[boar 1: 1/4]

[boar 2: 4/4]

Raeyliff didn't want to take a moment to breath in, to grin, or to laugh. Now understanding the true meaning of having his life on the line, he wanted nothing more than to end this fight. True, he still had 10 HP, but he couldn't guarantee that he would win. Missing a step, losing balance...death can almost be certain if he continues in that path. He gritted his teeth. Raeyliff was always one for fun and games, but when it came to being in danger, anger and fighting was his only way out. However, looking back, he would've admitted to himself that he was, truly, a bit more scared than angry. He charged at the first boar once more, hoping to at least kill one of the two. That would lower the possibility of my death by a lot, meaning that I would have 5 tries to end the other boar. Let's hope that I won't need to use all 5...

[6164 BD:10 MD:4]

[Raeyliff deals 2 base damage+ 1 weapon damage+ 2 Critical hit= 5 dmg  +1 Health "Life Steal" Skill.]

[boar misses]

Raeyliff, instead of attacking first, let the boar charge. It was risky, but it was something he had to try out. As it moved right towards him, he sidestepped and turned around quickly, just in time to see the boar stop in confusion. Not wasting any time, he raised his battle-axe high in the air, and with as much momentum as possible, slashed right through the boar that disappeared only a second later. He grinned, and then felt the familiar feeling of gaining 1 HP point. Life Steal...thank God for it. Really. he smiled, before turning around and charging at the other boar.

[6165 BD: 1 MD:4]

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar misses] 

Raeyliff, charging, found that he wouldn't be able to dodge or attack it correctly, so quickly stopped and jumped back to his original spot, catching the other boar offguard. "Didn't see that one coming, did ya?" he said, grinning. The boar decided, after staying in its place for a moment, that it is best not to attack as well, therefore leaving Raeyliff alone for now. 

[Raeyliff: 11/15]

[boar 1: 0/4]

[boar 2: 4/4]

Raeyliff, after waiting a moment, looked at the boar, who was looking directly at him, waiting for him to make a move so that it can attack quickly. Noticing that he can be like this for a while, he decided to get a good grip on his battle-axe before continuing. Looking at the boar again, he frowned, and then charged. Not much to say, not much to think. Let's just kill this thing and get it over with., he thought, charging. 

[6166 BD: 6 MD:6]

[Raeyliff deals 2 base damage + 1 Helsependel damage = 3 dmg]

[boar deals 2 base damage]

Raeyliff met the boar directly at the center where both him and the boar attacked. His attack cut part of the boar's side, while the boar managed to ram Raeyliff's chest, making him fall to the ground. Raeyliff quickly stood up, grinning. Keeping this up, I would say that I have a good change of winning. I might think of going back to rest afterwards, since I'm down to 9 HP points.... he thought. 

[Raeyliff: 9/15]

[boar 2: 1/4]

Raeyliff then stopped to take a quick breath before charging again. I can do this. I have the advantage here. One attack from me will kill it in no time at all, but I need to be strong and quick. Mistakes are not acceptable. Shall I wait to regain some of my energy before attacking again? That would be a wise decision, and if it attacks, it would be better for me to block than to attack as well. Raeyliff, showing that he had no intention of the attack, got the boar to think that he was offguard, allowing the boar to charge directly at Raeyliff.

[6171 BD:5 MD:3]

[Raeyliff doesn't do any damage]

[boar misses]

Raeyliff was ready for the boar when it charged and smiled. Wait for it....NOW! As fast as he could, he brought his battle-axe up to defend himself, and it worked. The boar, who was ready to ram Raeyliff yet once more, hit the battle-axe instead and jumped back, looking at Raeyliff angrily. Raeyliff laughed and then smiled. "Meh, you couldn't attack and I didn't want to attack, so it's okay." he said. 

[Raeyliff: 9/15]

[boar 2: 1/4]

Raeyliff decided to end the fight quickly. He felt bored and suddenly just wanted to go back to the inn, maybe rest a bit there again, or maybe just go to the cafe. There was a bunch of things he could do, and since he wasn't close to death or anything, there wasn't any reason for him not to go, kill it, and call it a day...for now. Maybe he'd decide to go and kill a bunch others later on, since he'd only killed 3 today. But he fought one with a good amount of health, and two with a good base attack damage. And in his level, that was pretty good...or at least he hoped so. For the past few weeks since Kayaba had announced that they were stuck here until they cleared all 100 floors of this game. He sighed, closed his eyes, then opened them and charged.

[6176 BD:10 MD:4]

[Raeyliff deals 2 base damage+ 1 weapon damage+ 2 Critical hit= 5 dmg  +1 Health "Life Steal" Skill.]

[boar misses]

Raeyliff decided to take another approach yet once more. As the boar charged, he sidestepped and spun with the swing of his own axe, and successfully making contact with the boar, splitting it in half. He grinnned as it disappeared and felt himself rise 1 HP. "Not bad, not bad at all...that's good for today's practice...I wonder if I should risk it and go fight some more...or maybe I should just sit down for a while and rest. Nothing bad about that, if I rest for, hmm...let's say, around 15 minutes, I should be good to go." he said to himself. At the same time, he walked and sat down under a tree and rested for a bit, thinking about stuff and things. 3 kills today...I should probably kill 3 more and then call it a day. It's not even close to the afternoon yet, so I should be able to get some good training fighting with these boars before the end of the day. If I feel too tired, then I can just simply stop and rest like I am doing right now. those were Raeyliff's thoughts as he closed his eyes and thought about nothing for a while, trying to relax himself as much as possible. 

[Raeyliff: 10/15]

[boar 2: 0/4]

Raeyliff opened his eyes after a minute or so and stood up. He wasn't one for afternoon naps, not here or in real life. He was awake the entire morning and then he would sleep when he would feel like it. Looking around, he sighed. There wasn't much for him to do except fight some more boars, and he felt like that was becoming a bit boring alone now. Still, he had promised himself that he would kill at least 6, and since he only killed 3 he was only halfway there. He grabbed his battle-axe and walked around looking for a boar to fight that wouldn't kill him. Finally, he found two with decent health that wouldn't take long to kill. In addition to that, they only had a 1 base damage, so it was fine. He would easily be able to kill them both, or so he thought. Getting their attention, he grinned, then charged at both of them.

[6187 BD:4 MD:2]

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar misses]

Raeyliff charged at the first boar. While running and looking directly at it, he did not notice that there was a stone in his path. As he ran, he foot made contact with the stone, stopping him in his tracks and making him fall. He didn't get any damage, but he still felt the same feeling he got whenever he fell, that surprised feeling. Standing up, he felt like there was no use to attack that boar anymore, not after that embarrassing fail, and charged at the next one instead, hoping for a chance to kill this one. 

[6188 BD:10 MD:10]

[boar deals 3 damage]

Taking advantage of Raeyliff's fall, the boar was already charging at Raeyliff by the time he looked at it and hit him with all it got, making him fall yet again. He frowned and looked at the boar. I shall not fall because of these two, they would make me look too weak. I cannot die. Not wasting any time on looking for any wounds, he charged at it, slashing it right through with a powerful swing. Once it disappeared, he rose up 1 HP and then jumped back to look at the boar he failed to hit the first time. "You're next." he said, holding his battle-axe.

[Raeyliff: 8/15]

[boar 1: 3/3]

[boar 2: 0/3]

Raeyliff grinned and then charged. Ending this quickly meant that he can finish up and go to the last one, then finally go home. There was no need for him to continue after killing 6, and he wanted to take a break. Today was supposed to be the day I took a break though...but I couldn't just sleep the day off or walk around aimlessly. I had to do something, so I gotta do this to waste time... he thought, getting closer to the boar. 

[6209 BD:3 MD:8]

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar deals 1 damage]

Raeyliff swung too high up and missed where the boar was by a lot. He frowned and spun before the boar hit him straight in the chest. He fell back, looking at the boar, and then stood up again. It seemed that this can go for a while, and he didn't want to waste any more time. He had to finish up with this boar if he wanted to go and fight one more before finishing up for the day. He sighed as he grabbed his battle-axe and held it in combat position once more. 

[Raeyliff: 7/15]

[boar 1: 3/3]

[boar 2: 0/3]

Raeyliff looked up at the boar. "Please let me kill you. Please. I'm not asking for much, you can just die. Even the NPCs- sorry, I mean the villagers here probably want you dead as well." he said, before charging. Killing it will be easy. I'm sure of it. He ran straight towards it and swung his battle-axe, this time looking directly at it and swinging his battle-axe in the correct way.

[6212 BD:7 MD:6]

[Raeyliff deals 3 damage]

[boar dies..]

Raeyliff slashed the boar with a lot of power and force, causing it to fall in front of him before disappearing. He grinned. That was the way things got done. Now he felt like he really wanted to take a rest. This was getting boring, and it was obvious that he'd rather kill a boar with 2 HP than go fight some more, so he made his way closer to the safe zone, where weaker monsters walked about. He was extremely tempted to walk into the safe zone and sleep somewhere, but decided that one more monster should do the trick. Don't go too hard on yourself,Raeyliff...if you need to take a rest then just go. It's going to be fine if you only kill 5 monsters, they weren't the weakest monsters yet and you're doing good so far. So yeah, you should go. Raeyliff sighed and nodded before walking into the safe zone. Now, let me go take a quick break, regain my health points really quick as I walk around, then go and talk to someone or go fighting again...he thought, before going back to the inn, paying another 50 col for a room, and forcing himself to take an afternoon nap for an hour to heal before going back and slaying some more.