[PP-F1/F3] <<Worn Out Welcome>> I need your help... {Pyro}

Air sat on a bench on Floor 3, arms crossed, casual and oh-so normal frown on her face. She had to ask... practically beg for Pyro to come with her through a PM on a quest as backup just in case things went wrong. Pyro got nothing in return and Air doubted that she would even come in the first place but there was a place in her heart that hoped she would. It was an odd thing, Air wanting a friend, but she couldn't help it. Pyro's optimism and caring yet very annoying attitude was extremely addicting and being around her made her happy. She sighed and played with the bow in her hair, glancing around every once in a while to see if she could make out the purple-haired girl somewhere in the crowds.

Pyro ran through the crowds on Floor 3 with her mouth wide open and in some sort of odd grin. She was laughing and couldn't stop and panting from exhaustion all at the same time. Her ponytail bounced up and down as she ran and when she felt as if she was on the verge of collapsing, Pyro spotted the girl she'd been tracking all alone. On instinct Pyro ran over to Air and swooped her up in a hug.

"Hey guild buddy how are ya?" She giggled and held onto Air tightly. "Oh I missed you so." Pyro said into Air's stomach, which was where her head was planted at the moment. She was on her knees. 

Air was simply relaxing when a flash of red jumped at her, forced her up from the bench, and pulled her into a tight hug. Air glanced down at the form clinging onto her. They were on their knees and had their face buried in her stomach which felt awkward to Air. She groaned and a shadow covered her eyes. She moved her hands to Pyro's arms and pried them off with brute force, holding them up to get her attention. When Pyro did eventually look up at Air she smiled warmly at her and Air's heart melted. She's adorable. Air rolled her blue eyes and helped Pyro up. "Ah... yeah, sure. I missed you too. Ready to help me with this quest? The shop is called Shinzen and it's on this floor. I'll lead the way." Air said quickly, not waiting for an answer, already heading for the shop using her quest tracker.

Pyro obeyed and got up on her feet, following quickly behind Air whom walked very quickly with her head held high. She seemed very confident about herself, or so it seemed to Pyro, and she tried to imitate her actions. Air looked at her and turned back as soon as she did, and Pyro wondered why but didn't bother asking since she knew Air would probably get annoyed.

Shinzen was just around the corner and Air was already at the door before Pyro. It was a rather large shop, but cozy like most of the homes and shops around on Floor 3. Air had begun knocking when Pyro made it behind her body. An older man appeared and rolled his eyes, turning to his wife. "Of course, another player that's waited this long to come and receive free armor from me. It's been a year, where have you been?" He asked Air who glared at him. Hanna, his wife, sighed. "Oh Griswold don't give her a hard time. She's still a new player and we give out to lower levels. He's just stubborn dear, come on in with your friend there." Hanna said sweetly as a pouting Griswold moved to the side to let Air and Pyro in the shop. Pyro smiled and waved at both, bowing in thanks and respect before entering the shop fully and stepping into the mansion-like smithery.

Air sped off in the direction, leaving Pyro behind. In her peripheral vision Air noticed Pyro copying her walking style and Air turned her head to get a full look. When Pyro noticed her staring she turned again so she wouldn't see the smile on her face. She wants to be like me... wow. Air hid her smile expertly and in a few moments found herself outside Shinzen's door, Pyro still far behind. When her ...friend... made it to her Air knocked three time and an elderly man with his wife came into view. The man said something to Air that made her blue orbs glare intensely and annoyingly at him, but he only returned the look but ten times harder. She almost replied to his question but Hanna seemed to have known and interrupted in time by dismissing and almost apologizing for her husband's behavior. Stubborn as she was Air still glared at Griswold while walking into his enormous shop. 

She stood next to a counter and Griswold brought out ink, a quill and paper ready to take Air's order. He mumbled something she couldn't hear but guessed Griswold was just complaining again judging by the look on Hanna's face. "I desire a leather battle coat that is dark blue to match my eyes. There should be no sleeves, reach my ankles, have a hood, and have white trimming along the edges of the sleeves and around the bottom." Air had it memorized and smirked at her success. Griswold began speaking once again. "This will be the only time we compromise I bet." He started to speak. "Alright. On Floor 1 you can find lizards and alligators roaming around ponds and water-holes, or in tall grassy areas. Harvest the leather and my wife will sew your coat. Come back soon, or not, I don't mind either one." He chuckled and glared at Air who grimaced back at him. Hanna smiled tenderly. Her and Pyro had been having a conversation this whole time and the two seemed to have taken a liking to each other. Air rolled her eyes and turned on her heel, motioning for her back-up to follow to the teleporter that would take them to the correct Floor. "That Griswold surely is something." She smiled a little. "Reminds me of myself."

Pyro stood next to Air as her and Griswold worked out the order and how they would and where to get the materials needed to make it. Hanna stood right in front of Pyro but was still behind the counter. The elderly woman was so sweet and Pyro couldn't help but coo over her adorable "old people cuteness". She heard Griswold mention liking Air, but whispered it, but when Pyro heard it she smiled even brighter than usual. It was a secret so of course she wasn't going to tell Air. Hanna gave him a look, a sweet and knowing one, before turning to Pyro.

"So what about you dear, are you going to take the quest as well?" She asked staring at Pyro. "No thank you." Pyro replied and reached out to touch Hanna's necklace. "I like this, it's beautiful." Pyro twirled the white gem around in her slender fingers. It was rather large and it seemed all colors of the rainbow were placed into it when turned around. Hanna nodded and let the younger girl play with her beloved gem. "Griswold gave it to me long ago, probably before you were born. I complained and tried to explain how I knew he didn't need to give me gifts to prove his love but he's such a stubborn man and forced me to put it on." Hanna chuckled. "Now I'm glad I kept it because every time I look at it, it brings back so many memories I'm blessed to have." She put a hand under Pyro's chin and lifted it so her crimson orbs were on the clouded, golden eyes of Hanna. "Remember. It's not about gifts or money, it's about how you feel in your heart that tells you when you're truly in love. And you'll know when that person loves you back. Almost like a sixth sense." 

Pyro nodded and Hanna removed her hand. Air was already walking away and Pyro quickly followed in pursuit as to not lose her friend. She waved in a friendly manner at Griswold and his wife, making sure to personally wink at Hanna who nodded at her. Hanna wrapped her arms around Griswold and he kissed the top of her aging blonde-gray hair. 'NPCs... seeming so real since 2022.' Pyro thought and laughed slightly. Air raised an eyebrow at her but then turned back around, minding her own business and not really caring. "Yes." Pyro replied to her remark about Griswold. "You both are extremely stubborn. And you do have the appearance of an old man now that I think about it." She joked and nudged Air.