[PP-F5] (Wynter) <The Traveller>

Malakath woke up this morning with a smile on his face, he was gonna go higher into Aincrad today. That made him excited, since he had his new Armor he put it on and began walking to the teleportation zone. He remembered he had invited Wynter along too, a nice girl he met a few days ago by change with Arekkusu. Though he did feel a little out of place around their very close nature of being best friends he didn't mind. Thinkin that that boy with her was friend zoned for good.

Going through the teleportation zone he was hit almost instantly, a wave of heat struck him as he emerged the other side and winded him somewhat. But he rose and headed to some shade, quickly. Opening his menu and PMing Wynter he wrote "@F5: So HOT, wanna join me?" Short and funnily ambiguous he smiled and sent it to her. Then awaited her reply and perhaps arrival.

Malakath was both happy and surprised to see Wynter as we appeared next to him and dove into him. He instantly started laughing when she said his name and then began blushing when she hugged him. He may have been a flirt but romance was not a strong suit. Not that he didn't like Wynter, he just didn't know if she liked him back. He hugged her back quickly then released her and said in a fluster "Y-Yeah, you too", glad of his cape with the tall collar. He was also wearing it now which meant he looked considerably different from when Wynter met him last.

He looked at Wynter and said "Yosh! Quest time, time to go for the old woman wearing a coat!" He looked to Wynter and was surprised she wasn't warm. Then again she did teleport into the shade? Malakath thinking he'd climatised a little walked out into the sun again and began walking to the quest giver, still virtually sweating but knowing that the environment was what would hurt later on.

Wynter couldn't hide it, he charmed her the last time they met face to face and for that she knew she had to be careful. Many guys had already tried being pervs and hitting on her. She just wanted to make sure before she began liking someone that she was special. Not just a little fling. She walked behind him and then realized how hot it was. "Oh my god is it just me or does it feel like the sun right here?"

Malakath began to laugh as she said about the sun being right there. "Indeed it does, though it isn't the sun we need to be afraid of, allegedly, this quest gives you a skill that makes you immune to it and let's you regen 5'HP periodically. But until then when your looking for her item you'll be periodically blasted with sand. Not a good way to go about it really". Malakath turned to the old woman who popped up with a quest and Malakath accepted it. Upon doing so the woman said "Careful now ... The desert can be a dangerous place ... The sand will cut you up as much as any sword, so use this shovel and find my stuff before it does. K?".

Malakath turned to Wynter and said "You wanna do this quest too or are you just tagging along with me a while?"

Wynter didn't hesitate. "Oh, no! I'm doing the quest too." She smiles. The reason she was joining him wasn't just because of the benefits of the quest, but she wanted to get to know him as well. He seemed so sweet so she figured why not give him a chance? She smiled at him with her signature look. Bright blue eyes, a smile that could light up a room, and she brushed her ruby red hair out of her face with the back of her hand. It wasn't as if she was flirting or showing off but she always thought it made the feel of the atmosphere lighter. She's always had that affect on people, she had a bubbly, addicting personally, and she used it as much as she could to make this scary place a little nicer.

Malakath smiled as she accepted the quest too, beginning to move once more before turning back. His words a muddle for what he was about to say. "I'm kinda bad at this sort of thing but do you wanna walk together instead of me walking and you behind me? Just realised that I've been walking off for you to catch up is all."

He felt kinda bad for doing it but he was a little muddled about her, was she more than just friends with Felix or did she think that he could like her in that way? Either way he waited for an answer and considered several possibilities of what could happen. Malakath's problem was that he liked lots of girls. He just needed to figure out which liked him before trying to make a choice as it were.

Wynter looked up from the sandy ground. "Hm? Oh, yeah. Sorry I was just thinking about stuff." She looked up at him with a soft smile and sped up a little to walk beside him. "So how are we supposed to find whatever she's wanting us to?" She thinks back to the old lady and looked at the shovel, as if that could give her a clue. "And when is this sand supposed to start? You're pretty lucky for that collar." She nods at his cloak and high collar. "All I have is this." She pulled her weak robe away from her body slightly.

Malakath laughed "I don't think practical clothes stop a wind that feels like daggers, but we need to find the item by digging in the desert for it. We were given a general location but not a specific one, so luck is the deciding. Let's just hope we don't unbury some monster of some kind." Malakath then laughed once more but it was shakier, as if he didn't really want to fight. That was understandable since the last min he fought were skeletons. Skeletons he believed were of dead players, this unsettled him somewhat and seemed to leave a scar on his psyche over it. He gripped the shovel and moved forward, stopping at a boundary with a sign on it. " From here on out we are looking for a chest each. But we need to get there first, and this is where winds can tear you up."

(OCC: I was thinking 2 posts each to get there and from now on we roll the dice each turn. Craft rolls of 1 = -1 HP.
When we get to the location we roll the craft dice and the loot dice, after 3 successful loot rolls of 10+ we find our chest. Loot rolls of less than 5 spawn a weak monster and a roll of 1 spawns a 25 HP sand Wurm that does 2 damage. Rolling a 18+ you can find an item and count it to your 3 successful loot roles)

Malakath crossed the thresh hold and was instantly revealed to stop a massive billowing storm.

Dice ID: 6527

Craft Dice: 2 no damage

Wynter covered her face best she could, trying not to get sand in her eyes. She glanced at her partner repeatedly to see if she was keeping up as best as he was. "How are you holding up?" She yelled over the wind. "This sand is killing me." She smiled even though she knew he couldn't see thanks to her somewhat high collar.

ID: 6530

Craft: 5

She somehow was doing relatively good about keeping herself safe from the sand.

Malakath smiled and took his cloak, approaching Wynter and wrapping it around her and himself, he knew he couldn't shield her perfectly but he did so anyways he yelled through the sand "You holding up ok under there?! Don't want you dying under there!"

Dice ID:6531

Craft Dice: 7

Malakath was holding up ok, his cloak was ripping around in the wind but he was still fine.

She smiled at him and nodded happily. "Yeah, I'm fine! My health is still tip top shape!" She moved closer to him to make in mor comfortable under the cloak. "What about you?! Any damage so far?!" She swallowed in attempt of making her throat any less dry from the yelling and hot weather.

ID: 6532

Craft: 3

Thankfully Wynter had Malakath there with her and shared his cloak or it could've been pretty bad for them both. As much as she liked being a solo player it was nice to have people to turn to.

When they reached a certain point, his map blinked. This was because they were where they were supposed to be. Malakath turned to Wynter under his cloak and said "First drink some water, then use the shovel the woman gave you and stab the ground with it a few times. You'll see a progress bar, it's chance if you find something or not but hopefully you'll get something good soon, for now though I need to remove the protection of my cloak."

Dice ID: 6535

Craft Dice: 6

Loot Die: 17

Malakath waited for her to drink before he moved off slowly and began to drive his shovel into the ground until the completion bar for that area was done he looked up and said "Hey I found a piece (roll a 15 or higher 3 times to) of <Travellers goods>, two more and then we can head back."

She nodded and drank some water she had in her inventory. "Alright let's get this started." She pulls away from the protection of his cloak. As soon as she did she was met with the scorching sun beating down on her. She blinked her eyes a few times to adjust and then pulled out her shovel, stabbing at the ground a few times.

ID: 6537

Craft: 4

Loot: 5

She looked at the hole and cursed under her breath. "Uh...Malakath. Little problem."

Malakath stopped digging as he heard a rmble from behind them both. A lizard about the same size as a Komodo dragon crawled out of the sand and began charging at Mari. But Malakath had other ideas.

ID: 6561

Hit Die:1

Mob Die: 6-2 =4

Malakath jumped to land between them, but something glitches in his movement because he jumped at the lizard instead, knocking it away. The lizard was flailing around under Malakaths cloak but hadn't managed to hurt him in the process

Malakath HP: 16/16

Lizard HP: 15/15

Wynter grabbed the lizards tail that was stil visable and dragged it out, hoping it wouldn't inflict any damage on Malakath. She threw it away from them so she could draw her sword and get ready to fight. It spun fast to face the two players and rushed at them once more.

ID:6724

Battle: 10

Mob:1

Wynter felt something click inside her like an instinct. She waited until it was close enough and then sliced at it, hitting it perfectly across its back. She celebrated inside. It screeched and tried to attack her legs. Without a second thought she kicked it away.

Wynter: 16/16

Malakath: 16/16

Lizard: 12/16

Malakath didn't let up on the attacks, fully aware that it would take more than 1 strike to fell it. He was more impressed at the fact that Wynter got a great hit in as opposed to her usual antics. Nevertheless he charged at the lizard and went to run past it to slash its flank.

ID:

Hit: 5 +2 = 7 hit!

Mob: 9 = hit +1 damage

Craft : 9

Malakath gets his slash in but the lizard stops his forward motion with its tail, slamming it into him and knocking him back

Malakath 14/16

Lizard 10/16

Wynter 16/16