[SP -F6] Lessons from the Past <<The Gemini>>

Destiny sat on a fence that bordered the settlement.  She had been here before with Claim and Arekkusu, but that was a different occasion.  She sighed as she thought to herself.  "Maybe I was right... Maybe things are just becoming slow moving around here..."  It seemed to Destiny that people weren't fighting anymore.  For some reason her friends and relatives just wanted to go abouts as if they were living.  Destiny took in a deep breath and let it go.  "I just.. I don't understand....Do...Do people actually want to give up.."  Destiny brought her hand to her head and shook her head from side to side.  "Eh.. Just forget about it..."

Destiny hopped off the fence and walked around a bit.  "Maybe I'll go on a quest..."  she said softly to herself.  

Destiny looked through the quests.  She wasn’t sure entirely what she wanted to do, or going to do so she closed her eyes and picked one.  “Hmm…The Gemini… Alright…†Destiny started walking towards the Waterfall of Sage, but she had to get through the Amazon’s Folly first.  The Folly was huge and dense in forestry.  There seemed to be vines all over the place.  Destiny walked past part of it and saw a big hole.  It was the hole that she pushed Claim into numerous times when Arekkusu and her were here.  

“Well….That is something….†  She thought to herself.  Destiny decided not to pause and look at the hole and instead kept on moving forward.  Her determination was getting the best of her.  “Now…Where is this place that I need to get to…† The Folly seemed never ending.  “Maybe..I’m lost….† Destiny turned round to try and take a few steps back to take in where she was.  Destiny then turned once more,  and again, and again.  “Damnit…I…I am lost..† 

Destiny sat on the ground, cross legged and thought to herself for a moment.  “Well… I would attempt to find where North is…. Except this is a video game… And well… Moss..†she looked at a tree. “..Seems non-existent here…. “  Destiny sighed “If only….† Destiny laid down on the ground and looked at the forestry ceiling.  She had her arms stretched out above her head and closed her eyes.  “Granted this isn’t the best place to take a moment…I’m going to.†She said to herself.  Destiny heard some rusting in the leaves. 

“…Looks like I might have company..† she said to herself again as she opened an eye to peek at the rustling.  A few moments later the rustling stopped and Destiny resumed her moment of silence.  “Alright..†she said as she stretched, still laying on the ground.  “ahh~†she said softly.  Destiny laid there relaxed for a moment.  “Maybe I just didn’t spend enough time up in tree’s enjoying the view…..† she thought as she laid there.  â€œWell.. I’m stuck here… For now..† Destiny sat up and got back onto her feet.  “Now.. To find that waterfall or something..â€

Destiny spun around in a circle, attempting to choose a way to go.  Once she stopped she immediately started walking in the direction that she choose, wobbling a little bit.  Destiny managed her way through a few large branches and leaves and stumbled upon the Waterfall of Sage.  â€œWell.. Finally..†she said softly to herself.  Destiny saw someone in the water, they were just standing in the pool of water, looking at the waterfall.  “That’s a bit weird…But.. Kind of something I’d do..† Destiny took a few steps closer. 

The person turned their head slightly towards her.  “Stop right there.† They said.  Destiny froze completely.  “Umm….Okay..?  I’m sorry to disturb you but I am looking for something around here.  I don’t know if you’ve heard of a quest that people can do around here but… I am looking to complete it.† “That is rather rude that you would not even introduce yourself, also the fact that you would sneak up on someone like that.† Destiny was a bit flabbergasted.  It wasn’t like her to do what she was doing.  “I’m sorry… My name is Destiny…† She walked into the water towards the person, Destiny offered out a hand as if to shake hands.  “..and you  are?† “Oh.. I think you know who I am…† The person turned around to face Destiny.  “I am you after all,  Diana.â€

Destiny froze.  “What…Um….How…?† She pointed at the person that looked like herself. 

“It’s all rather simple, Diana….You wanted this quest.. And now you will have it… Shall we duel now?  Half life, that is…â€

“Umm….Sure… I guess… I think that is a part of the quest…â€

They both pulled out their swords, still standing in the water Destiny looked at Diana.  It was strange, but Destiny felt as though Diana knew everything , everything about her. 

“Are you ready?â€

“Always.â€

Destiny took first strike at herself.  Diana dodged her attack by a sliver of hair and attempted a counter at Destiny.  Destiny ducked and dove a bit into the water.  It was cold against her  torso but she was more focused on not loosing this battle.  â€œYou’re fast…..†“Just like you, Diana..and I know…† Destiny blinked blankly.. “Know… Know what?†she thought to herself as she took her another swing again.

[6590] BD = 3 CD = 10 MD = 1

[Destiny misses]

[Diana misses]

[battle Healing activated; but has no affect,  no HP loss yet]

[Destiny 30/30 HP]

[Diana 30/30 HP]

Destiny took another swing at herself.  “This is so strange… To be actually attacking myself.. I mean… I’ve always…† Destiny was unable to finish her thought.  She had missed hitting Diana, because she was able to move out the way, barely missing her mark; and felt a sting on her backside.  Destiny let out a little yelp, the counter was unexpected.  “You know… You should really look out more….†“Thanks… I’ll keep that…† Destiny winced a bit as she regained some of her posture.  â€œ.. In mind..† They both stood there for a moment.  Looking at each other.  Destiny a faltered a bit as she stood there, but they were both still.  Cold.  Calculating.

[6591] BD = 4 CD =1 MD = 10

[Destiny misses]  4+2 -1 = 5

[Diana deals 6 HP damage] 10-1+1 = 10

[Destiny 25/30 HP]  (Damage Mitigation of 1)

[Diana 30/30 HP]

“At least… This is half life… And if you kept on…kept on hitting me like that… I might actually die…† Destiny said as she gripped the hilt of her blade.  She was determined not to lose, even if this meant killing this thing that looked like herself.  “ So the game makes you fight yourself… This might take a while….I am… Kind of strong..† Diana laughed,  “Yes…Half life…† Destiny lunged forward quickly, as Diana finished her comment,  she missed as Diana stepped aside.  Destiny looked back at her opponent, this time she was ready for the counter and dodged her attack.  Diana smiled, “ Good one..† Diana chuckled.

[6592] BD = 3 CD = 11 MD = 5

[Destiny misses] 3 +2 -1 = 4

[Diana misses]  5 +1 -1 = 5

[battle healing activated; +2 HP]

[Destiny 27/30 HP] (Damage Mitigation of 1)

[Diana 30/30 HP]

Destiny laughed at the version of herself.  “Well… I would expect that my mirrored self would be just as well of a fighter as I consider myself.† Destiny smiled at her comment,  and took another swing at herself , Diana.  Diana bought up her blade and it clashed with Destiny’s for a second but Destiny was able to take another swing and made a hit.  Diana stumbled back a bit, and looked down at herself.  “HEY! You’re messing up my clothes…† Diana commented.  There were small and few red pixels that flowed out into the water that they were still standing in.  Destiny looked at the swirls of red as well, they sparked up from the water as they disappeared like little fire crackers.  “Hey!  Look!† Diana said as she charged at Destiny, knocking her off her feet as she stabbed into Destiny.  Destiny’s body sunk in the water.  Destiny had her eyes closed, the hit hurt a bit ad was unexpected, one more.  She opened her eyes and looked around.  The water was cold, but calming.  It felt similar to running.  “It’s….so quiet…†she thought to herself.  Diana pulled out her blade and stepped back again.  “You really need to learn to pay attention, Destiny.  How will you ever survive out here… You’re pathetic.† Diana said as Destiny arose from the water, gasping a bit. 

[6593] BD = 9 CD =11 MD = 9

[Destiny deals 7 HP damage ] 9 +2 -1 = 10

[Diana deals 5 HP damage] 9 +1 -1 = 9

[Destiny 25/30 HP] (Damage Mitigation of 1)

[Diana 25/30 HP] <Bleed> 2/2

â€œHeh… Having to take advice from myself.. Classic right there…† Destiny murmured to herself.  “Well.. Let’s just go by your tactic. “  Destiny sliced at Diana, and knocked her into the water.  Destiny laughed a bit , the mirror of herself would have at least seen that coming.  Diana jumps out of the water, slashing at Destiny.  “You’re ridiculous… And that was cheap…Though… I did do that to you….And you deserved that..â€

[6594] BD = 6 CD = 12 MD = 7

[Destiny deals 6 HP damage] 6 +2 -1 = 7

[Diana deals 5 HP damage ] 7 +1 -1 = 7

[Destiny 23/30 HP] (Damage Mitigation of 1)

[Diana 20/30 HP] <Bleed> 1/2

Destiny nodded, at the mirror of herself. “Well.. If this is half life like you say…. Then if I lay this hit on you… You’d be out.. and I’d win…† Destiny smiled at herself.  Winning always made her happy.  â€Yeah~. Half life.†Destiny stood there for a while as the water calmed around them.  Destiny focused and quickly ran towards Diana, slicing through her side.  “YES!† Destiny thought to herself.  Diana stumbled a bit, and actually staggered where she stood.  Destiny walked over to herself, she looked down at herself with her arms crossed.  “I win then…And I hope that next time, you will learn how to pick opponents that you don’t lose to…†â€Next time..† Diana muttered under her breath.  â€THERE WILL BE NO NEXT TIME!!† Diana screamed as she lunged at Destiny, who was unarmed.  Diana sliced away at Destiny’s torso, cutting away from her shoulder to shoulder.  â€This is a fight to the death… and I’m not dying.†

[6595] BD =9 CD = 6 MD = 6

[Destiny deals 7 HP damage] 9+2-1 = 10

[Diana deals 5 HP damage] 6 +1 -1 = 6

[Destiny 19/30 HP] (Damage Mitigation of 1)

[Diana 13/30 HP] <Bleed> 0/2

Destiny’s eyes widened a bit.  “I guess I should have expected this…. I mean…†Destiny laughed a bit as she thought to herself.  “Well.. If this is a fight to the death you want, then this will be a fight to the death you’ll get… And you’re far too cocky to ever be, me.† Destiny pulled out her blade again and swiped at her mirrored self.  She cut away at her side, jamming her sword as far as it would go and pulled it out.  “Tell me… Do you really want a piece of me?†Her mirrored self stumbled for a bit.  It refrained from countering this time, since the individuals HP was so low.

[6597] BD = 7 CD =10 MD =5

[Destiny deals 6 HP damage]  7 +2 -1 = 8

[Diana misses]  5+1-1

[Destiny 21/30 HP] (Damage Mitigation of 1)

[Diana 9/30 HP]

Destiny nodded, at the mirror of herself. “Well.. If this is half life like you say…. Then if I lay this hit on you… You’d be out.. and I’d win…† Destiny smiled at herself.  Winning always made her happy.  â€Yeah~. Half life.†Destiny stood there for a while as the water calmed around them.  Destiny focused and quickly ran towards Diana, slicing through her side.  “YES!† Destiny thought to herself.  Diana stumbled a bit, and actually staggered where she stood.  Destiny walked over to herself, she looked down at herself with her arms crossed.  “I win then…And I hope that next time, you will learn how to pick opponents that you don’t lose to…†â€Next time..† Diana muttered under her breath.  â€THERE WILL BE NO NEXT TIME!!† Diana screamed as she lunged at Destiny, who was unarmed.  Diana sliced away at Destiny’s torso, cutting away from her shoulder to shoulder.  â€This is a fight to the death… and I’m not dying.†

[6595] BD =9 CD = 6 MD = 6

[Destiny deals 7 HP damage] 9+2-1 = 10

[Diana deals 5 HP damage] 6 +1 -1 = 6

[Diana 13/30 HP] <Bleed> 0/2

Destiny’s eyes widened a bit.  “I guess I should have expected this…. I mean…†Destiny laughed a bit as she thought to herself.  “Well.. If this is a fight to the death you want, then this will be a fight to the death you’ll get… And you’re far too cocky to ever be, me.† Destiny pulled out her blade again and swiped at her mirrored self.  She cut away at her side, jamming her sword as far as it would go and pulled it out.  “Tell me… Do you really want a piece of me?†Her mirrored self stumbled for a bit.  It refrained from countering this time, since the individuals HP was so low.

[6597] BD = 7 CD =10 MD =5

[Destiny deals 6 HP damage]  7 +2 -1 = 8

[Diana misses]  5+1-1

[Destiny 21/30 HP] (Damage Mitigation of 1)

[Diana 9/30 HP]

The individual laughed at Destiny, “You’ll never make it out alive… and even if you did… You would have to live with the fact that you killed yourself.† Destiny listened to the mirrored self. “Honestly, what makes you think that?  I mean… does it really bother me that you look like me….Hell no… You’re just… fiction…† Destiny cut away at the individual.  “Who cares!† She yelled as she took another swing.  “Really.. Tell me, who really cares… I think no one..† The mirrored version of herself smiled as she yelled at itself.  â€œI think that this will fester something in you…. I truly believe that this will affect you, even if you kill me. “ The individual splashed water at Destiny, causing her to bring her arms up to her face and took a slice at her.  Destiny was caught off guard and fell into the water as she stepped back.  A giant splash of water surrounded Destiny once more as she fell underwater.  “I swear… I might be a mermaid…† she thought to herself.

[6598] BD =5 CD = 10 MD =8

[Destiny deals 6 HP damage] 5+2 -1= 6

[Diana deals 5 HP damage] 8 +1 -1 = 8

[battling healing activated; +2 HP]

[Diana 5/30 HP]

Destiny got back onto her feet and out of the water once more. “Well….†She said softly to the individual.  “I am slightly sorry for what I am going to do… But…. You kind of deserve it..† Destiny walked over to the mirror of herself and came up close and personal.  Destiny was an inch away from the individuals face.  â€œ..And trust me…I don’t look back.† She said as she stabbed her blade into the individuals abdomen.  Destiny looked into the individuals brown eyes, as they shattered.  Destiny walked out of the water and her back turned to the waterfall.  She paused there for a moment.  â€œ Things….never change….† Destiny continued to walk forward, back into the Amazon’s Folly, and then back to where she was comfortable.

[6599] BD = 8 CD =3 MD = 3 LD = 3

[Destiny deals 6 HP damage]

[Diana 0/30 HP]