[PP-F3] Reality is perception, Perception is subjective {Legion}

Air lazily propped her elbows up on a counter, leaning over to do so, surfing through books and pieces of artwork. Though she seemed bored, Air was far from it. A small grin made its way to her lips and successfully curled the corners as far as she'd let them. Art. Just the word made her heart race, the beauty, the self-expression, the wonder of it all was something Air loved almost more than life itself. What was life anymore though? She found herself asking nobody in particular everyday. Scavenge, kill, gain levels. For what? To get out of course, to survive they say. Please. Air scoffed and shook her head, staring at one painting that'd caught her eyes, forgetting the thoughts that corrupted her mind. The dark blue, emotionless orbs sparkled for once and she reached out to touch the hologram. The scene of serenity became distorted and fuzzy, her hand only moving through it rather than grazing the surface. Air grimaced and sighed, remembering that this was not reality, and began her searching again only she was less amused this time around. She grabbed a quill, paper, and ink and began sketching. Unfortunately the game didn't support this format very well and sometimes it would glitch a bit when she started to draw instead of write but as long as she got a short time of bliss it didn't matter. "If only I could draw pictures to match my stories. That'd be the day..." Air left her sentence at that and frowned. Her drawings were awful, probably the worst she'd ever seen in her lifetime. But her stories, they were brilliant, and she needed something just as eye-catching and spectacular to match it. 

Leaving the drawing on the counter, Air stood up to her full height (which isn't very tall) and turned to read a novel. She stood at the bookshelves, her back to the door. As she searched the numerous names the bell indicating the door had opened rung. Her head spun around slightly but not all the way, enough to see who was entering. Even the NPC at the front desk seemed surprised that a player had entered. The elderly lady stared at the older male past her glasses and then focused once again on a book she held. Air kept her eyes on him, not moving her body once. She couldn't help but take a look at the odd colored red-ish eye of his that was completely mismatched with the other green orb which she assumed was his true eye color. Her usual scowling expression returned and Air began looking through book titles though her attention was distracted by the other presence in the room.

Painting (hologram from paragraph 1)

re_imagine_by_yuumei-d6b1y26.jpg

The wind upon floor three was wonderful, salty sea air filling his virtual lungs, the sting of it as it slapped him in the face, his twin eyes gleaming as he wandered about, seeing a tavern he smiles and makes his way to it, As he walked, the clomping of his boots hitting the cobble and sand ground echoed in the wind, and his coat fluttering behind him, his royal violet colour with the dark blue hue to it, as well as his pants having the same variation as his coat. The tan leather boots he wore somewhat matched his attire, as he opened the door many players and NPC's turned to him, his spiky jet black hair fluttered in his face as his fingers black as his hair gripped the door frame, and he looked about. Scanning, observing and scoping the to place out for a place to sit, and he found one in the far back, as his coats tail flicked upward, the bluish purple coat with the orange highlighted lined and fabric, and red hoodie under it danced along the trail he weaved.

He looked and saw another player reading a book, the title he could see as she had her hand upon the cover, he saw her look at him once and then returned to her book and he sighed, taking a seat and waving the Bar keeper to bring him a drink, as he got here he spoke kindly and pointed at the young woman. With that out of the way the Bar Keeper grabbed a wine glass and poured a drink for the man, while another came into play and after the man got his drink the Bar Keeper handed a glass to the young woman before him, *The young man says this drink is on him ma'am.* The older looking gent said as he placed the glass on the counter ledge and the man saluted the young woman and turned his head away sipping upon his drink, enjoying the sounds he heard, people talking, and chatting, The stores that were being told here really made Legions day all the more reason to listen in, as a few jokes were spoken out, some funny others not so much but never the less Legion laughed with the other players, all of them laughing with him. As the Tavern was one place everyone could have fun, while he gave off a few smiles and such his face mostly doll like and cool looking,

He gave off a mature and rather calm and relaxing aura from hid body, the mans figure was rather fit, from what people could see he was in shape, and from his way of interacting, he was quite comfortable with conversing with others. This was a nice day after all, the wind and sun all together near the ocean was enjoyable, as the Tavern was a place of  relaxation and drink, Legion was not going to let this day be ruined by far everything he heard today was somethings that got him going which was rare, but still it was something he could look forward to, as he sipped his wine some more, and returned his gaze at the woman, slightly keeping an eye on her and any new players that entered the tavern, he did enjoy this all, as the stories continued and the players around him enjoying their time.

-Cloth clothing.-

Leather Coat & pants

Leather Boots

Air was interrupted from a zone she desperately hung onto until it escaped from her grasp as an older man placed a drink in front of her and explained it was from the newest player to enter the tavern. She waved him off and shot the poor NPC an angry glare that could send a shiver down anyone's spine. Pinching the bridge of her nose she inspected the glass and shook her head, rolling her deep blue eyes, and pushed it away from her. The last thing she wanted was a drink from a stranger, let alone give him a chance to speak to her at all. Air ran a hand through her short, odd, green hair and she twirled the black bow in it before sighing and flashing an apologetic look at the male who'd offered her the drink in the first place. I do wish the old man hadn't called me ma'am... I'm only a child. Do I really look that old? Air placed a hand upon her cheek and shook her head, closing her eyes for a second before opening them to return to reading the beloved book in her hands.

It made her sick to hear and see everyone having such a good time. She planted herself in a far corner and kept her eyes from meeting anyone else's the best she could, though every once in a while she managed to catch a glance of the mysterious man who'd entered when she was at the bookshelves. He's just one of those people. She told herself. The kind who are interesting, the kind everyone wants to know about. Air twirled her bow once again and pulled up a chair to ease the pain in her aching legs. Sitting with legs crossed, book in her hand, eyebrows furrowed and frown plastered on her face, Air was still distracted by the liquid in the cup abandoned on the counter. More giggles echoed from the other side of the room and her stomach flopped. Maybe she really was going to be sick. Was that even possible in-game? Even if it wasn't she'd still be embarrassed. Air turned away even more from the bustling crowd and tried her best to focus only on the black text among white, brand new pages placed in a solid fold wrapped in brown leather. Its touch was no longer magical. The paintings upon the walls seemed bland now. Do I want to join in the fun? Why now, why me, why here? She asked herself and slammed the book shut furiously, shoving it back into the inventory of the bookshelves, storming over to the drink. She gulped it down and slid the empty cup over to the bar tender, her eyes clouded with confusion and anger. Blood boiled in her veins. Why exactly? Air was angry at herself and she felt the need to socialize more than ever at this time. For once in her life Air wanted to talk, to let her feelings out and to feel happiness while laughing with companions. Her perception of life usually wasn't so... like this. Lonely to be exact. There were no words to explain how she felt on the inside. One side of her personality begged to be let free while the other fought to keep calm and refrain from speaking to others, to hide feelings.

Air sighed for the millionth time and leaned against the counter again. Though now her body was stiff and her eyes stared at the party of friends who seemed to be enjoying themselves. She saw the situation as opportunity to let herself be known, to be heard, but she remained still instead confused as to what she wanted to do and how to perform it to her best interest. Hesitantly she headed over to the person who'd bought her a drink, the one who started it all, and tapped his shoulder. It seemed all eyes were on her when in reality only his were focused on her form. "I... I-no. Thank you." She said simply and quickly, turning to head back towards her spot, heart racing. Exciting. One word to explain how just approaching a stranger and speaking to them felt to her. Air stopped, and turned around again, facing the person she'd just talked to. I'll stay, just for a little, to listen is all. 

As the voices all booming and laughter, Legion felt a tap on his shoulder, seeing the girl he bought the drink for, and hearing everyone start to mumble and look at her, with her saying thank you to him he smiled. "Your quite welcome there, care to have ano... hey don't run away I'm not going to bite." He said extending his hand out, and almost getting out of his seat, his black fingernails glimmering in the light that was being reflexed from the window, his pale skin glowing as the light bounced around. His twin eyes zoned in on the woman, locking on her green hair and deep blue eyes,  he stood up and bowed to her, "Please take a seat, I can get you another glass of wine if you want." He offered to her seeing how she quickly darted away from him, he took his leg and scooted the chair out for her to take a seat, and then he spoke again, "And if not, can I at least have your name, mines Legion in the game outside the game I'm known as Kioshi Kuo Valentine." He spoke to her, not caring that he gave her his real name to her, as his eyes seemed to glow, his ruby red one and his emerald green one, while his obsidian black hair fluttered with each move he made.

His coat doing the same as he stood there abit more professional like than usual, though he didn't do it a lot, he wanted to at least know the name of the player he was going to be with, while the other player around him chuckled and laughed at him, one big guy about 6'7 or so slapped a hand across the back of Legion and sent him flying into another empty table as he yucked at him. *Ahahaha, oh man, your trying to get friendly with the ladies I see, so your a lady killer eh Legion, never thought of it.* *Ahaha!* He chuckled and spoke out as he helped Legion up, *Wow mate, can't say that I took you for that kind of man, but whatever floats your boat there.* He said as Legion spoke, "No I am just trying to be a good host, I did buy her a drink, the least I can do is treat her as a guest to my table Bartron, I know you and I just met a few hours ago and you did say you would be on floor three, but really thats what you got from what I said, you need to trail your mind away from the gutter, and think in a different perspective."

He said to his huge giant of a pal and looked at the woman again, "Ignore him, he can be somewhat of a child at times, but he's a good ally to have when you need him, now pal go back and drink with your friends." He said patting him on the back and picking up the mess he made and taking a seat at the table he was thrown into and pulled the seat to the woman, "Well, I understand if you wish not to, but at least try to enjoy your time here, you only get to live once, might as well enjoy it while you have a chance to." He said waving his empty glass at the bar Keeper as he poured another glass for Legion and did so for the young lady and returned to the back of the counter cleaning and sorting the glasses by size and shape. While Legion sat there, and sipped some more of his wine awaiting the young ladies decision. 

Air was surprised that the stranger had reached out to her so quickly and suddenly. He wants to me stay? She asked herself and scratched the back of her neck nervously, a burning sensation she recognized as blushing covered her cheeks slightly, pink appearing over her cheek bones. She couldn't seem to take her focus away from his eyes, it was far to hard if she tried. Before Air could change her mind, before her feet began carrying her away and outside, Air forced herself to sit down and plopped down into the seat. Speaking seemed so easy to Legion, or Kioshi, as that's what he told her his username and real name was. How can he trust so easily? No wonder he has so many friends. Air smiled weakly and put her elbow on an arm of the chair, leaning her head against a hand that was curled up in a fist. Before speaking Air cleared her throat. "Air. My username is Air." She spoke slowly and quietly, staring at her feet. It wasn't that she was shy, socializing just wasn't something she was talented at and Air found herself avoiding anymore eye contact. People, people weren't her thing. They were usually oh-so annoying and needy. But this time it was different. I don't know why but it is... it just is. She told herself over and over again in her head. 

A large man appeared behind Legion and sent him flying forward. Air could feel the wind and her hair blowing along with it as Legion's body was thrown. The person that had caused this was so big Air had to tilt her head upwards to look at him. She scowled and turned her head to watch the reaction of the male whom she'd just met, expecting him to be angry. His friend helped Legion up and the to spoke jokingly and in a friendly and warm way towards each other. Air's mouth hung open in awe and surprise. She would've scolded the person and made him feel as bad as she felt, but the two were so calm and still happy. "H-How?" Air muttered and clenched the wooden ends of the chair tightly. A dumb expression made its way onto her face and stayed there, plastered, her eyes clouded once again with confusion. The intelligent answer that ended their conversation, however, pleased Air and she smirked only a little. She'd never allow herself to fully smile or laugh as loudly as the others were. 

Legion sat back down and attempted to explain why his friend had acted that way. She lifted her head from the leaning position and straightened her body, crossing her legs, and nodded up and down quickly. "It's not that I don't "want" to enjoy my time. It's that I can't." Air placed her hands in her lap and glared at Legion, though the glare wasn't intended to hurt him or scare him of, if that was even possible. It was to let him know her words were true and spoken from the heart. "I probably shouldn't drink. If you couldn't tell I'm underage, and besides the bitter taste gets old after a few glasses. Here's how I enjoy my time," Air, despite her answer, took a sip anyway and set her glass gently upon the surface of the counter before speaking again. "being alone. Not among... these kinds of people. Even you, you I would never be seen with. Not because I think I'm better it's just because I don't like anyone. Anyone at all, really. Why I'm here I'm not completely sure. Maybe I thought I could actually make a friend with my attitude. Maybe... maybe..." Air's voice cracked. "I don't want to be alone anymore." She was satisfied with her answer but felt as if her heart was being compressed. Air put a hand over her mouth and closed her eyes, looking at her feet again. There was no way she was going to cry, it was impossible, it was a sign of weaknesses in her eyes. "Sword Art Online made me realize what friendship means and that I've been foolish to push everyone away. But I can't help it. I can't change." She shook her head and laughed very quietly at herself. "This is silly. I'm sorry."

Legion leaned in forward as he looked at Air, "No your wrong, you can change, you just don't want to, I can't say I know how you feel, but I can say this, if you need a friend, someone that you can spend time with I can be that person." "Now your the only person who can make that change, but if you want me I can help you out, I can see you aren't going to give me your trust, but I have time and patience in my soul I can walk down this path of you would let me?" He asked her, seeing how she was trying to avoid eye contact, he leaned back then and spoke once more, "I understand your underage, but a few sips won't kill you, but digress, your right, you should drink something more appropriate for your age, what do you want then?" He asked her, his twin eyes darting around the room, always they returned to her, and he leaned his head to the side and shot her a look. "Air, if your not comfortable here, we can go someplace abit more quieter, if you want company I can tag along with you, because you seem abit nervous here."

He said his black fingernails tapping his wine glass, and the long slender fingers he had wrapping around the bottom half and slipping the shaft of the glass in between his middle finger and ring finger of his left hand. He stirred the alcohol up abit and took the last sip of his glass and sat it down his smile coming forth, and he picked his leg up and crossed it with his other one, as he rested his hand under his cheek and laid his head on it. The chairs having arm rest, giving Legion the chance to look at Air and still be relax, as he spoke once again. "Your hair, is it natural, either way I find it fascinating to say the least." He complimented her, and pulled the few hairs in his face to the side and his smooth young mature facial features finally coming out, as he looked like a young Johnny Depp, mature yet still young looking, not half bad on the looks either. Though his eyes and hair were far from what some ladies called him, he still tried to play the part of the distant yet caring person, though in this case he was more caring than distant, as Air was someone he wanted to help out, and get to know her more, as he gazed at her, trying to figure her out.

• 2 weeks later...

Air shifted her gaze from place to place as Legion spoke, gripping the end of her skirt. She gulped and nodded her head slowly, pursing her lips, agreeing with Legion. She could trust him... and if it didn't work there was always leaving as an option. He seemed to honest and trustworthy. This wasn't a game, his words weren't lies, or so it seemed. Air eventually focused on the male in front of her. "I'm fine. I don't feel like drinking anything at the moment." She placed a hand on her stomach and tugged uncomfortably at the blue cloth, her unitard, that covered the area and grimaced. Air's mouth formed into a frown. For reasons unknown the bottom of her stomach felt like it was rising. Instead of coming all the way out it filled her small chest and remained there instead of emptying.

"A different place?" Her voice came out in a raspy, quiet tone. "...Sure. That sounds better." A shiver ran down her spine and Air shook slightly in reaction. It was true this tavern was uncomfortable to her as more people traveled through the entrance, moving into the crowds with ease. Even the air around was becoming warm and made it hard for the teen to breath. Only now she seemed to realize this. As Legion spoke about her hair she ran a hand through it. "Yeah, yeah it's the real thing. I have no idea who I got it from but I get that a lot." Her hand she'd gently tugged her short hair back with moved to the black bow twisted around a side of her bands and she twirled it, the other hand still gripped the hem of her snow white skirt. The bow was a basic fluffy ribbon tied in a fancy fashion, a bow she could never leave home without.

Her hair, along with her skirt, felt soft against her rough palms. They were no longer delicate and smooth, it seemed, the more Air payed attention to her appearance. The game was changing almost everything about her, physically and mentally. "I appreciate the compliment. It makes me feel better to hear such things, I don't get as much praise in-game as I did in real life. It makes me wonder... no, realize how spoiled I was before." She paused and stopped twirling her bow, leaning in a little towards Legion. "Would you really be willing to become a friend of mine? To wait until I trust you? Others don't understand me and I honestly expect you, although you seem far more intelligent than most, to not be able to catch on so quickly... Just... do you really want to do this or are you being sympathetic?"

Legion shook his head, "No I am being serious, I find you rather intelligent and rather pleasant to be around." He said to Air and placed the Col down on the table as he looked up, and holding out his hand. "Come, lets get going Air, I'll take us to a place less crowed." He said to her, his twin eye colours gazed at her, his orbs glew in the light of the candles the tavern gave. While his paler colour skin colour lite up from the low glow the candles had, as his black finger nails came into view, while his black hair danced in his face, with each movement he made. Legion was being serious with his words, he wanted to be friends with Air, she was a nice change to this place.

And with everything she said he spoke, "Well if its praise you want I can always give it to you Air, and I don't care what other people say, if they don't understand a person, then they should try." "And if they can't then thats their own problem, as me I wish to know more about you." He said as he saw her fidgeting with her bow and then setting her hands in her lap, he smiled, "Something from home I presume?" He said as he stood there waiting for her to take his hand, as he moved his eyes to her ribbon bow in her hair, his own clothing moving as he moved his body every so often. The royal purple coat with the orange colour lining outlined fabric, tails began to flutter behind him as he felt the wind come in from the door being opened. His hair grasping on the hands of the wind to move in the dance of the breeze, Legion just smiled as he waited for her to make her decision.

Air smiled slightly and gently placed her hand into his. "I'm glad you think of me that way." She said in response to yet another compliment of his. Next to Legion, Air was fairly small and had to tilt her head up just to lock eyes with him. This caused her to blush in embarrassment, she'd always been the shortest compared to everyone else. A sigh of relief escaped her lips, and the blush disappeared however, when she realized that they were finally getting out of the dreaded tavern. It was once a peaceful place but now far too many people had discovered the fun contained on the inside and joined in the hustle and bustling party. Her blue eyes glimmered with delight. Air glanced up at Legion. "I've had a bow in my hair for my entire life. Of course, not the same exact one, but always in this style. I was lucky it transferred into the game. Who knows what I'd do without it." A little hint of playfulness carried along with her words, it was meant to be a simple joke. "Though I'm not completely aware of where this habit came from." She asked herself aloud before letting go of Legion's hand to open the door ahead of the two.

Wind blew in and hit her face as Air pushed opened the doors. It was cold, but comforting and cooling, a huge difference from the over-heated tavern. Her short, green hair flew back and after the breeze died down, Air had to tug her skirt down and smooth it out along with her hair. She paced herself so she could walk alongside Legion as the two began heading somewhere different. "You mentioned a quiet place. Could we head there now? I'm in no mood to wander." When Legion smiled at her she felt better, like he cared to some sort, though her trust level was still extremely low. The reason she was in a rush was because Floor 3 wasn't Air's favorite. It wasn't the worst but still could use some improvement or a change. "Do you always hang around pals here in your freetime?" Air asked Legion in attempt to make small talk, crossing her arms over her chest, looking at his eyes as she spoke. Now Air wasn't so afraid to gaze at the male every once in a while. 

Legion shook his head, "No not really, I just came here because i needed a nice drink, the wine here is somewhat better than the other floors." "And yes we can head there now." He said as he placed a hand behind Airs back, gently nudging her along with him, as he looked at her bow, "Well Im not surprise, the NerveGear scans the persons face a they begin a new VR game." "Thats how my eyes were set, so it saw your bow and incorporated into the visual data of you avatars facial view." "Think of it as a facial recognition." He said as he was letting his intelligence come out, and walked to the gate of the town, "Well what floor you want to go to, floor three is nice, but it's okay on a certain level, I was thinking a more summer like feel, maybe floor one?" He asked her, his words calm and collected as the words filled the air, and collided with Airs ears, as he was looking directly at her when he said all this.

His coat fluttering behind him with each step he make, and his boots clanking against the ground as he hit it, his hair clinging to the wind as it caressed his cheek. The light from the sun made his skin light up even more, as his eyes seemed more vivid now, as he looked at the gate, waiting for Air to speak, and one thing caught his attention, when Air said she didn't know where her habit of wearing her ribbon came from he spoke. "Hmm.. I think the reason you wear a bow all the time must be that you hold a dear memory when you wore it, or something like it, and you like the bow because you hold that memory close to your heart." He said to her, not sure if he was correct at his observation or not, but all in all he gazed down at the smaller figure before him, as he was ready to get Air some palce more comfortable.