[PP-F1] Another Yudai? (Keith, Karina)

Guest Keith

Keith ran through the fields on Floor 1, his momentum making grass bend as he ran past them. The blue streak looked at the in-game time on his HUD, before boosting forward again and running at top speed. In a short amount of time, he slid to a halt in front of the gates that led out of the Town of Beginnings. He stretched his arms and yawned. "Woo! Now that was tight! Am I right, Ruby?" From under his vest, a small purple cat-like creature popped out, perching itself on his shoulder. The carbuncle yipped and nodded, his tail swaying side to side in a rhythmic manner. Keith smirked and crossed his arms, then tilting his head slightly as he thought. "Huh. Sure is a lot easier to run around here nowadays. Is there even anyone left on this floor?"

Karina hadn't left the inn she was staying at in days now and had become quite sick of being in the same place with the same people. She finally decided to get out for a day and have a wonder about the world of Sword Art Online, her destination was not anything interesting. Just the town of beginnings of where her inn was situated. She chose to wander the streets for they were familiar territory which is just what she needed. Ever since Karina had found she was trapped in the game she had been alone, something that had never really bothered her back in the real world. But now she knew that her life was on the line here, especially considering she was a low level player, she felt like she needed to make an ally of some sorts to protect her.

Sighing, as thoughts of possible allies flashed across her mind, Karina sat down on the edge of the fountain in the center of the town square. Various players walked past her however none of which she really paid attention to nor they to her. Minutes passed as she sat there staring into space, thinking about the real world as usual, when suddenly something in the corner of her eye caught her attention. It was a teenage male player with blue hair, an extremely rare sight. The only two people Karina could think of with blue hair was herself... And... "Keith!?"

Keith straightened up at the sound of his name, and he spun around, seeing he was being addressed by another player. He squinted, trying to get a better look at who it was. "...Karina?" He said, before his eyes lighting up, recognizing it was her. "Karina!" He called out, more excitedly. He broke into a sprint and dashed over to the bluenette, not hesitating to put his arms around her and lift her up into a hug. "Sis! It's been so long! I haven't seen you in forever!" Keith said, smiling uncontrollably as he hugged her. He didn't think she was even in SAO, let alone the fact she hadn't much interest in video games, and prefered her studies. She was definitely the most studious of the Yudai siblings. 

"Keith!" Karina exclaimed, now certain that it was him as he ran towards her. Moments later she was enfolded in his arms and her feet were dangling in the air a little bit, for she was shorter than her twin who had picked her up whilst hugging her. She hung there motionless in his arms, waiting to be put down and refusing to hug back. But as she heard how happy Keith was to see her she only thought it was fair if she showed a little bit of the joy she was also feeling, hidden inside. Letting out a grin she reached up and wrapped her arms around her brothers neck, hugging him back tightly. "I have missed you," She mumbled quietly, not specifically to him or herself. 

After a minute or so of hugging Karina released her hold on Keith and pushed him away, "Don't run up to me and pick me up next time, it is not pleasant." Of course as usual she spoke in a rather harsh tone but her words were not filled with truth. She stared up at her twin brother, examining him. He was right. It had been too long.

Keith rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, yeah, I know, sis..." He sighed, smiling again and looking back to her. "Where have you been for so long? Last I saw Haine and Ruri, they were up on the higher floors... But... I don't know where they are now... And I thought that you missed the incident. You know, and were still awake back in Sweden." Keith said, crossing his arms and tilting his head. He then remembered something that was always fun to do in the game with his siblings. "Är det inte bara roligt att prata sÃ¥ här? Oss Yudais är den enda s som kan tala det!" Keith said, using their native tongue to talk briefly. It had been quite a while since he had talked in Swedish with anyone.

"Haine and Ruri are here too? Great. You need to look after them," The tone that Karina used made it sound like an order not a suggestion, "And I have not been anywhere much. In fact I haven't even left floor one since we all became trapped in this stupid game. Pfft I wish I was awake in Sweden, you have no idea how many exams I will have missed, my grades must be so bad right now." A frown appeared on Karina's face as she thought about school, one of the few places she truly felt comfortable even when surrounded by people who did not necessarily always like her. She crossed an arm over her body and held the opposite, straight arms elbow, a pose she often did out of habit, and let out a laugh as Keith spoke to her in a language unknown to many on this game, "Din svenska är mycket rostig, du behöver mer träning. Bra jobb jag är här för att hjälpa dig~" She smirked at her brother and pushed her blue hair back out of her face, it felt to converse with someone so close to her in a language she held dear for it was the one she had grown up with. 

Keith rolled his eyes at her Swedish remark. "Tja, det är inte precis som mÃ¥nga människor här för att prata med ... engelska är mycket mer universell . SÃ¥ är japanska." He said, speaking the language much more fluently than his English. While some people would poke fun at him for his difficulty with English in the beginning, he eventually began to speak it more fluently. Though, he still spoke Swedish better than any other. "But... Point is... I'm glad to have you back." Keith said with a smile, patting his sibling on the head. Keith remembered he still had the Azure Brigade, and he would most likely ask her to join after a while. But right now, he had to focus on getting her stronger, and better able to protect herself in Aincrad. "Here, sis. I got something that should help you out. It used to be mind... But I'm sure it'll fit you." Keith said, opening his inventory and sending an item to Karina.

<Speed Bracer>

+1 Accuracy

"Ja , men du fortfarande suger , du lÃ¥ter som en utlänning när man talar svenska," Karina laughed as her brother tried to defend himself against her words. She didn't mean to point out the fact that he was not as fluent in the two languages as she was. Karina had always been smarter than her brother when it came to things like languages and studying for she spent almost all of her time expanding her knowledge. Studying was a lonely hobby however she didn't mind, it is not like there was anyone she wanted to speak to. However she did miss Keith and the rest of her family. Not that that mattered anymore for she was probably going to die in this game and never be reunited properly with her family.

"Second hand items, how thoughtful," She rolled her eyes at Keith as she accepted the item being sent to her and equipped it as soon as she had looked at its attributes. He was right, it did fit. Quite well actually. Karina nodded in thanks, not wanting to thank him properly, "I guess this'll do." Although she didn't seem it, she was happy her brother was trying to look after her.

Keith rolled his eyes and shrugged. "Well hey, it's better than no items..." He sighed, but then smiled again, knowing she was just teasing. "Anyway, we should go find a way to get you leveled up a bit more! You need to be better able to defend yourself if I'm not around!" He said, taking her hand and pointing outside of town. "Wanna go try out there? It's floor 1, so there should be some really weak monsters out there. I'll leave them to you to handle, since you would really get much practice if I just did the whole fight. If things get ugly, I'll step in and get you out. Alright?" He said, pulling her along outside of the safe zone.

Karina pulled back on his hand a little bit, hesitating. She was not all that keen on fighting at the moment, she was too worried about dying and leaving everything she loved behind, however she would never admit this. "Um..." She avoided eye contact with her brother and muttered, "I... Don't really know how to fight." It pained her to admit such silly confessions to someone, especially considering this was her brother... And of course this was a fighting game... And she couldnt fight. "I just aren't used to it okay, don't laugh..." By now the two were already out of the safe zone and surrounded by fields which were no doubt going to contain creatures Karina didnt like no matter how weak they were.