Hel's Journal

«Hel» the Ivory Edge

» Username -- Hel
» Real name -- Caitlyn 'Cait' Avery
» Age -- 17
» Gender -- Female
» Height -- 159 cm

» About: Cait was born English, only to leave her native language behind when her mother who had before then struggled to find means to raise her two daughters applied for a promising job offer in Japan. At the tender age of 8, the younger one struggled to adapt to a whole new society, with its own cultural nuances, yet saw beauty in the opportunity to see, to understand. The curious gaze that all children possessed drew her to mythology, to fantasy, while severing her from the monotonous 'real world'. As she grew up, her bed was never empty, books that she had yet to conquer sitting at all times under her pillow, gifting her with bags under her eyes that only reminded her that it was never enough. Reading was not enough, picking up twigs and playing soldier was not enough. The foolish heart wished to be a pristine knight, framed by ivory plating, a paragon of courage, of might. It wished for wars that only tales had told, for companionship through good and bad, for the warmth of a lively tavern lit by candlelight.

She discovered the VR games, and was utterly consumed as they filled the barrier of touch between her shaded, disappointing self and her dreams, idolatric aspirations. At night she discarded her frail body, her skin complexion that in the mirror seemed far too pale, slipping into the shoes of her avatar, Hel, a tall, proud young woman that could speak her mind, without having her words choked and stuttered out of her throat. She found friendship, adventure, she paved her way through VRRPGS AND VRMMORPGS with the tip of her sharp blade and inquisitive mind.

Then came the day when Hel would collapse into Cait, as she came to face the self that she despised at the hands of Sword Art Online, a game that she had long awaited with eagerness, and welcomed in debilitating shock, as it threw her in an overwhelming world of death, forcing her to face herself, to face the risk as the game became her bitter, unwelcomed reality.

» Virtues:
P a s s i o n a t e  &  U t t e r l y  L o y a l . Hel is consumed by her interests, putting everything she has into what brings her joy, peace. She is loyal to her passions and to those that reach out to her.

O b s e r v a n t  &  I n q u i s i t i v e . Hel is an explorer at heart, an unyielding scout – she is mesmerized by the honest reality of VR games, by touch and sight all artificial. The small details are the most important: the pattern of a piece of clothing, the delicate curve of a bell, the way light makes itself seen in timid rays through translucent leaves.

O r g a n i s e d . As much as her thoughts are erratic, and her actions often unplanned, when it comes to matters of material space, she admires the clean, the pristine. Her belongings are neatly organized at all times, her garments are often as white as could be.

» Flaws:
S t u b b o r n l y I n t r o v e r t e d  &  S e l f - c e n t e r e d . She rarely speaks her mind, and just as often takes time to consider the opinion of others, disregarding such opinions if they do not fit her own. She has a hard time forming bonds because of her stubbornness, and at times her loyalty is overshadowed by her self-centrist nature.

H y p o c r i t i c a l  &  J u d g e m e n t a l . Hel is a keen observer with a tendency to judge others by flaws that she fails to see in herself, or does not wish to acknowledge. She does not make a habit out of pointing out these observations, but tends to grow cold towards the people she doesn't deem 'right'.

W e a k - w i l l e d . Of course that in dreams, it all goes right. In her fantasies everything turns out okay, and all hardships are overcomed with ease. With this morale she boosts forward, passionate and eager, until she is to face obstacles – Hel often stops in front of those obstacles, is swayed by 'if'-s and 'but'-s, by self-doubt until she cannot bring herself to finish anything she starts.

Profession: --

Skills
Non-combat:
»

Passive:
»

Combat:
» Battle Healing | RANK 1 – NOVICE (2 pts.)

Weapon skills:
» One Handed Straight Sword | RANK 0 – UNSKILLED (0 pts.)

Inventory
Weapons/Tools:
» Basic Arming Sword
» Basic White Cloth Armor
» 10 bread
» 15 water

Roleplays

» [PP-F1] Aestus [Alyss] | Private

Relationships
» Will be added as soon as they are developed through RP.

Story Thus Far
» Will be added as soon as it is developed through RP.