[SP-F4] Mats! Glorious mats!

"Alright buddy. With a wedding coming up, we're gonna need Col and then some to buy a house when they come out."

Keith stood outside of the town on Floor 4, looking out at the wintery wilds ahead. Keith and Kiru were both very high levels. So naturally, they burned through more Col. And of course, houses were gonna cost a small fortune when they became available. And thus, Keith set his mind on getting materials. He had no profession, lord knows he didn't have the patience to do that, so he got mats and sold them for extra Col. Profit.

Keith stretched his legs and stared out into the roaring tundra. Because he had the Survival Skill, harsh weather didn't effect him too badly. However, even this skill would prove to fade over time. But Keith would have plenty of mats by the time that happened. His whole demeanor towards this game was a, "Get it done fast and get it done right." approach.

Ruby sat proudly on Keith's shoulder, making an authoritative little bark as Keith got into a running stance. "Sounds good, buddy! Let's go!" Keith said, finally taking off and dashing through the snow. Ruby clung to his shoulder, squinting to see in the cold weather as his four ears pointed backward from all the wind resistance. Keith kept running but then slowed, hearing the sounds of mobs spawning. "Alright! That took no time!" He said, seeing three <Snow Wolves> had spawned. The white wolves circled around him, glaring at him with their blue eyes and growling.

Keith: 105/105

Snow Wolf: 8/8

Keith drew his katana and looked around slowly, seeing all the snow wolves that had gathered. "Heh... This should be interesting..." Keith whispered to himself, Ruby staying perched on his shoulder. One wolf parked and then ran towards him, moving in a white blur. The wolf was fast, but Keith was leagues faster. In one swift motion, he side-stepped and then swung his blade faster than the wolf could even react. It sliced like a hot knife through butter. The wolf slid in half and burst into blue crystals, leaving just two wolves left. Keith straightened up and looked at the other two, ready for any attacks they may have.

ID: 8848 

BD: 8 (Hit!)

LD: 20 + 4 From Search Skill (Bonus Mat drop! Double Col!)

Keith: 105/105

Snow Wolf: 0/8 [+Snow Wolf Pelt, Snow Wolf Claw, 80 Col]

The two Snow Wolves were on either side of Keith, and he had a hard time keeping his attention trained on both at the same time. As Keith focused more on one briefly, the other took action. It sped forward, running quickly to catch Keith off-guard. Keith turned around and saw the wolf just as it lashed out. It's paw clawed at his arm, making a slight tear on his sleeve and cutting into his skin. Keith gritted his teeth and winced, though the pain wasn't nearly as bad as some he had felt before. The wolf landed and leapt back from Keith, just circling him again in the same manner as before.

ID: 8850

BD: 10

Keith: 103/105

Keith glanced at the mob that had hit him earlier, and he went into motion. He ran at it, sending one swift strike. It hit the wolf on the head, making a long, bright red gash run where his blade it. The wolf howled, and staggering back and falling on it's side before bursting into crystals. Keith blew some hair out of his eyes and spun back around, getting ready to face the last wolf and continue his material hunt for the day. While these wolves were easy, there were definitely more powerful enemies down the road after this.

ID: 8852

BD: 6 (Hit!)

LD: 5 (No extra drops..)

CD: 4 (No health recovered..)

Snow Wolf: 0/8 [+Snow Wolf Pelt]

The Snow Wolf made it's next move, seeing both it's allies had fallen. It ran at Keith, making a loud bark and opening it's jaws to take a bite at Keith. Rolling out of the way, Keith avoided the hit, and stood back up. A little snow had gotten on him, and a few white flakes had gotten in his blue hair. "Phew... That was close. Right buddy?" Keith said, looking to the small carbuncle on his shoulder. Ruby made a determined yip and looked back to the wolf, eyes narrowed in determination that he and Keith could win. 

ID: 8853

MD: 6 (-3 Evasion) (Miss!)

Keith looked at the last ice wolf and held up his sword, making the flat end face the ground and the blade up. The blade pointed outward from his face, while keeping in congruence. â€‹"I got a good rhythm going! Let's finish this at sonic speed!" He shouted with determination. The blade glowed to life, giving off the powerful blue energy. Keith then ran forward and thrust his katana outward, destroying the wolf the second it connected. The wolf shattered into crystals and Keith slid to a halt on the other side, straightening up and putting away his blade. "Too easy! Piece of cake!"

ID: 9492

BD: 9 (Hit!)

LD: 11 (Col drop!)

CD: 4 (No health recovered..)

Snow Wolf: 0/8 [Vial of Snow Wolf Blood, 40 Col] 

Keith closed the menu that gave him his drops and then he turned around. "Alright, that wasn't too hard. Guess I'll just keep grinding wolves the rest of the day..." Keith said with a sigh, crossing his arms. "Out of lack of determination, or just a swollen amount of cowardice?" Keith's ears perked up as he heard a familiar voice. The voice sounded flat, yet had a stern tone to it, with just a little hint of arrogance. Shade. "You again! What do you want?" Keith said, his eyes now trained on the other player. Shade scoffed and crossed his arms, staring back at Keith. "Hmph. Already asking questions. Well, if you must know, I came here for one reason and one alone." Shade said, turning his back to Keith and then glancing over his shoulder at him. "...To prove I am the ultimate lifeform. In case you haven't noticed, there's been a slight identity crisis." Keith blinked and tilted his head. "Identity crisis? Whaddya mean?"

Shade turned back around fully and looked at Keith, narrowing his eyes at him. "Fool! Everyone has been mistaking me for you! Tch, how anyone could make that misconception is beyond me. I'm far superior to be mistaken for the likes of you." Still looking at Shade, Keith took one step closer. "Wait... You too? People have been mistaking me for you! You faker!" Shade sneered and glared at Keith. "Faker? You're the faker around here! You of all people are comparing yourself to me? Ha! You aren't even good enough to be my fake." Facially, Keith and Shade did have an uncanny resemblance. Their hairstyle had some similarities as well. Change the clothes slightly and define the blue and white of Keith to the black and red of Shade, then they could easily look alike.

Keith glared and clenched his fist. "So what? People mix us up. But why approach me here of all places?" Keith asked as Shade turned his nose up at him. "Simple. Your girlfriend isn't with you right now. Here is where I can determine that I am the true ultimate lifeform, you damn faker." Keith didn't like where this was going. "And how do you aim to prove that?" Shade pointed past Keith, towards a mountain in the distance. â€‹"Glacier Peak. Inside is a temple so vast, and so versatile, few have lived to tell the tale. However, the temple requires two Players to enter. Two Players both equal in every conceivable way." Shade moved his finger to point at Keith. "And this is where we determine who is the faker. We go in and undertake whatever that dungeon has to offer. First to fall, was just the faker." 

Keith shrugged and sighed. "Yeesh... You're really fired up about this... Let's get a move on, faker." Shade flinched at that word, and Keith smirked at him before opening up his menu. He tapped a few buttons and sent a party request to Shade. Out of habit, Shade's finger almost hit 'Reject', but he stopped and hesitated for a few moments before hitting 'Accept'. "...Only so I see your health hit zero..." Shade scowled, clenching his fist and looking back at Keith. "Stop gawking and get moving." He said, dashing ahead in a black blur. Keith blinked and staggered slightly, before dashing after him. Equals in speed. Something Keith would have never expected.