[SP-F1] «Earning a Living» (COMPLETE)

The disheartened traveler jumped out of his hole, discarding his shovel to the ground fully aware he had to find something before time ran out. He scurried up and back into the grand alchemy room, where he attempted to forge a vial by him self. The product, was an extreme amount of embarassment. When he lifted the vial out of the furnace it was filled with holes and shattered all over...so he dropped it back into the furnace and carried on.

PERMA ID: 10379
LD: 8 (fail)

Sayre once again bent over and starting back up with the furnace, throwing copious amounts of firewood in to keep it raging as hot as ever. This was a skill that he wasn't familar with at all, infact the old man was even snickering behind him as Sayre struggled to try and melt a vial together. To be quite honest, he didn't really think this was the best way to do it. Sayre, however, eager to be done with this stage of the game, melted more sand together in the raging furnace, and with the help of a better mold this time attempted to create a vile for the gentleman above ground. If this didn't work, he may have to return with some of the stuff that he found in aspiration it will sufficiently serve the man. Considering the effort that was put into finding all this, the man had to understand. Also, Sayre figured that he got the two most important items of the bunch, two items that actually served of value in the grand scheme of things.

PERMA ID: 10387

LD: 10 (FAIL)

He reached back into the furnace to pull out his new creation, and once again, pulled out the ugliest mess of melted glass anyone could find. "Good thing that I decided to be an alchemist, and not a crafter, or worse yet..a blacksmith. Everything I gathered for the old man at this point should be sufficient. I'm just going to have to be very apologetic and hope he understands where I'm coming from with this." Sayre stood up, dusting the dirt off of his knees, and walked over to the 2nd elderly gentleman that had welcomed him into this cavern of alchemists. Sayre looked up at him, "Thanks for the opportunity, I found some of the stuff I needed, but failed really hard at finding anything else. I'm going to hope it was enough!" The man smiled, "No worries, friend. Good luck on the rest of your travels, and don't forget to come back and visit us, we could use help with research down here. Travel safe!!!" And on that note, Sayre backed up with a smile on his face, and turned back towards the cavern. His face shifted back to expressionless as usual - was his entire encounter down there all a facade?

The cavern was still wet, freezing, and dark. However this time, Sayre shoved his hands in his pockets and slowly walked back the way he came. "I feel slightly ashamed to only return back with two of the five items...but quite honestly I couldn't care less at this point." The stairs back up to the city were probably the most tiresome of the entire trip, Sayre completely forgot all the running, fighting, and work he had performed down there. As he approached the surface, it was nearly night-time, the old man still lay on the bench, his head perched back. The blonde haired adult approached the man, and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Listen, I was only able to find the mortar & pestle combination, and your scroll of all your work. Please forgive me. I'm tired, nearing death from fights, and just ready to go home. If you don't want to make me an Alchemist, I understand."

The older gentleman with the glassed over eyes looked up, a frown very evident on his face. He didn't say anything. Sayre was the next to speak again, "Listen, I said I'm sorry!" At that exact moment the older man burst out into laughter, "YOU GOT IN FIGHTS? Heaven forbid! Hahahaha! I could get all this stuff in 30 minutes, I didn't realize you were going to go to such great extents to get my stuff. I appreciate all the effort, and for all your work, consider your self an honorary Alchemist. You earned it. Keep the mortar and pestle, you'll need it for what you're going to be doing."

- (1) SCROLL OF LIFE WORK

+ (1) SHOP KEYS

+ (1) SKILL POINTS

+ (1) PROFESSION: ALCHEMIST

(I think I get Col for being on two pages? But I guess I could be wrong.....)

(Material Dice Roll by GM Zero: ID 10485, 19 Mats rolled.)