PP~F1 «Secret Medicine of the Forest» (Anima, Aeternum)

Piers opened his messenger upon finding a rather popular quest for lower leveled players. Make that beginners. He felt humiliated taking it, or even admitting he was indeed a weak player, but with a scowl he forced himself to take it anyways. The butler hadn't accepted it yet. Piers was waiting, waiting for Joyce to respond to his message. Well he'd have to send it first.

Greetings Princess,

Would you mind leaving your palace to accompany me on a glorious adventure? You should be able to track my location on Floor 1. My apologies, but I believe you're strong enough to make such a treacherous journey. I promise it'll be worth it. You'll get to spend time with me, and I'll give you the reward.

Farewell~

With a chuckle and smirk, Piers sent off his message to Aeternum. He searched the crowd while waiting for said boy to answer to come to his location. Piers shoved his hands in both pockets of his pants and tapped his shoe on the pavement in a bored fashion. His eyes fell on a female with two-toned hair; it reminded him of Kiru. Did he have time to encounter her? Probably. But then again, he probably shouldn't. For now the butler glared at the girl with his emerald orbs hoping she'd catch on to his stare and instead come to him. What was wrong with a little entertainment?

Aeternum received the message as he wandered the Starting City, and sent a short response:

To: Piers

Subject: Quest

Sure, man. I'll be on my way soon. I relish every moment with you.

He set off, and actually had a hell of a time finding Piers. Upon locating him, he approached slowly, hoping to remain unnoticed. He frowned, it would be hard to be unnoticeable with the eye patch. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Aeternum was curious, though, about the girl Piers was glaring at.

It was a beautiful day to be out and about. The young alchemist known as Anima was preparing to take full advantage of this day and power her way through another quest. She had made her way to the quest board, a giant place in the center of town, that allowed players to accept general quests that were available to all players. This was a great place to search for jobs and even guilds. She approached the board raising her finger and tracing it over the various quests looking for something that seemed to fit.

She looked over and caught sight of a man looking at her. This was not out of the normal, not for her s her style of dress often garnered her attention from men. What was unique was how this one held his stare even after she looked back at him. Most looked away and pretended to have not seen her, but he did not flinch. She tried for a moment to pretend herself to not see him, looking only out of the corner of her eyes, to see if maybe he would approach her. He never did, instead he held his place. Was he waiting for someone or something to happen? On the board in front of her read a couple of quests, but one caught her attention rather sharply. Secret Medicine of the Forest. She liked the sound of that, and given that she was an alchemist it seemed right up her alley. She read on still keeping her eye on the staring man. The quest required her to find a rare material used in potions. Little Nepents Ovule. She had read about it, and how it could be used to make cure all's. naturally she wanted to find it, or at least as many as she could.

A moment later and she had accepted the quest. Anima turned her gaze back to her spectator now, and saw that he had been joined by another male, and they were both looking at her. By this point the joke had run its course and she was not having it any more. She took a deep breath and marched towards the pair rather swiftly. "Can I help you boys with something, or were you just looking?" She said rather flatly as she neared them.

Piers caught Aeternum rather quickly, he was hard not to miss even with the area around being crowded. The butler nodded in his direction as a request for the boy to stand by his side. He planned to tell him about the quest mentioned in the message before heading off, and he even began speaking to Joyce, but the girl Piers had been staring at made her way to the two before he could say anything. It was no surprise she'd caught on to his stare. It usually worked for most women but with the tone she spoke in the butler expected the girl to be different from most. Much like all the females he'd met so far in the game. Piers tapped his chin in thought before answering her question. 

"Well, just looking at first. Though I'd enjoy having someone as lovely as you join us on a quest. How about it?"

He smirked and straightened out his tie. The butler crossed both arms over his chest while awaiting an answer. Piers glanced over at Joyce to see if he would have any reaction to the situation though he doubted the boy would have any problem with another player joining their numbers. Even Piers himself hoped she'd join though his expression remained neutral.

"I'd like to take on Secret Medicine of the Forest. It seems quite simple for low-leveled players."

Aeternum shook his head and pointed towards Piers, saying, "I only noticed that he was looking at you, and I was curious." Aeternum nodded when he heard Piers ask the player if she would participate, and said with a touch of humor, "As long as you notice me, my Prince, I am okay with her tagging along." Aeternum grinned.

He enjoyed the princess joke that Piers had started, and was eager to see how the female would react.

Hopefully in a positive manner, or else she might just walk away, and that would be bad.

• 1 month later...

"Hmm... Never mind. I'd prefer Joyce to just take this with me for now. Farewell."

Piers waved the young female off and nudged Joyce away, leaning to whisper.

"I've changed my mind. How about we take this quest on together instead? Like I said, seems easy enough."

The butler explained why he excused the two of them from the female player, and patted Joyce on the shoulder, to further encourage him for the battle ahead. Piers walked up to the board and accepted the quest, sending a party request to his companion/princess.

"It says we need to go meet up with a nurse. Ready to head off?"

(OOC: Anima it's been a while, you can join back in anytime by bumping into us or something like that, but for now we're continuing.)

Aeternum nodded, saying, "You had my guaranteed assistance from the start, it was the female who we didn't know about. But anyways, lead the way." Aeternum had never taken this quest, and so he was unable to be a guide for Piers. He looked around the area and said, "This may sound odd, but do you think that some of these players are too calm. They accept life here and try to make it... normal. It all seems wrong."

He laughed then, and tried to move to another subject in his head. The quest. What would the reward be? How much value would it have? He was eager to find out.