[PP-F2] <<Long Live the Queen>> A Buzzing Opportunity (Aaphi)

Ahh the second floor. This is where Beks was last rumored to be seen. Oh dear sister where have you gone? Glancing about, Niklaus also kept a lookout for the exit gate. He had two reasons for being on this floor. To find his sister, and to kill the supposed Queen Respawn Boss. Rumor has it, that if you defeat a few of her underlings, she will appear and engage in a fight. I'v been dying ti kill something else besides boars and wolves. 

He had just found the entrance, when another figure caught his eye..

Nervously pacing and unsure about the prospect, Aaphi fidgeted outside the entrance of what was supposedly the hive-queen's lair. He hadn't been on his own for long, and taking on this boss alone was said to be tough for low-levels like himself. His worry grew into contempt and impatience for his own hesitation. He came all this way just to balk at the door? No... well maybe... Maybe he had gotten ahead of himself. If he had a partner, this wouldn't seem so stupid, but his last partner just wanted to keep things safe and if he had it his way they'd still be grinding on boars in floor 1. 

"BAH! I can't do it. I'll get killed for sure." he then turned around and started back towards the main settlement, but looked up ahead to see another player on their way towards him. "Oh?"

Niklaus had finally found the exit. Walking out of the town the figure from before passed him again. Following it, he was lead to a dungeon entrance not far from the main city. Seeing no signs of the figure, he quietly glanced at his surroundings. All was clear until he noticed a person pacing back and forth up ahead. He seemed to be lost in deep thought, much like Niklaus was when he paced. However the young mans frantic pacing came to a halt, as he turned on his heel and began to head back towards town. He briefly looked up in time to see Nik standing there.

Stopping, he gawked a moment seemingly lost for words. All he could manage out was "Oh." Niklaus eyed the player. Curly brown hair, decent armor, and pretty cool 2 handed spear. We can't differ much in level, but I fear he has more experience than I. Oh well. Placing his hand out, Nik spoke. "The names Niklaus. Niklaus Mikaelson. Pleasure to meet you. This wouldn't happen to be the cave for the wasp queen would it?"

"Aaron Phillips", Aaphi replied, "but you can call me Aaphi(Ah-fee). And yeah..... yeah, this is the place." 

He gave Niklous a once-over. Tall, short blond hair, and despite his pleasant manner, his expression was hardened into what some would call "resting bitchface". Aaphi was used to seeing it, so no offense was taken. Overall, nothing seemed amiss, and he checked out fine, no orange cursor and his level was at par with his own. No danger; no risks.

Riff the winged cobra that sat loosely coiled around Aaphi's neck sprawled to attention, sensing the newcomer. She left her perch and stood suspended between them, doing an evaluation of her own. 

The man stammered out an introduction and confirmed this was the place Klaus was indeed looking for. They stood quietly as they sized each other up. Both coming to a conclusion that neither were in danger of the other. Suddenly what appeared to be a winged snake made itself visible in front of Klaus. Ignoring all instincts to slash the thing to bits, he was glad he didn't attack as the creature seemed to be Aaphi's familiar.

Turning to face the cavern, Nik spoke. "Were you just leaving? Have you already completed the quest here?"

"Well, i was leaving," Aaphi began, "but i didn't even attempt the quest. Suffering from a case of cold feet." he explained. It was embarrassing to say he chickened out, but it was the truth. He had been caught, not red-handed, but yellow-bellied. "I faced the fact that i probably couldn't do it alone; not at my level, anyway."

Aaphi was preparing to leave. "If you do decide to go at it, good luck. You are the same level as me, and i heard it could be dangerous." he said beginning his trek back to the settlement. Riff, though, fluttered in the opposite direction, toward the entrance to the quest area. "And where do you think you're going?"

You are sssuch a buffoon.

Do you not sssee opportunity when its in front of you?

What one cannot accomplish, two may sssucceed.

Just asssk him already, you bungling lummox.

Aaphi stared at Riff for a moment, and then looked over to NIklous. "... You know what? If you'd like some help, i'd be up for that."

"Not good to walk away from a challenge mate. How else will one grow the confidence to face even greater obstacles?" Niklaus chuckled a bit before returning his attention to the cave. "Thanks for the luck, however, I am a Mikaelson and as such we don't need luck."

Niklaus had just began to walk in the cave when Aaphi proposed a idea. "While I'm usually not fond of others, I may very well need your assistance." Continuing to delve into the cave he shouted. "Well come along then. This hive queen isn't gonna kill herself."

It was refreshing to be in the company of someone who was willing to take a risk. Somebody who didn't let the possibility of failure deter ambition. Ambition is what got him this far, and ambition was what needed to be encouraged. Aaphi had been mistakenly under the impression that soloing was the only way to grow, but maybe associating with people who encouraged instead of discouraged was the key to success.

"OH, coming!" Aaphi answered after being beckoned. Riff returned to her perch upon his shoulders and he made his way inside.

The cave seems to be well lit, for an area that is supposed to be dark. At least in real life. Niklaus led Aaphi and his familiar to through the cave. Taking note of every turn they made so it'd be easy to leave once they defeated the queen. "So what do you know about this quest Aaphi? I've heard we have to defeat her stupid lackeys before we could directly challenge her? Have you heard the same?" The question went unanswered for the time being though, as a giant <<Wind Wasp>> came flying around the corner.

"Hold that thought. Seems we have our first victim." Drawing his dagger, Niklaus immediately went on the offensive. Not bothering to communicate with his latest companion, Niklaus began the fight with the first attack. Lunging for the wasp, Niklaus let his dagger slice the bug from one side of it's torso to the other. Landing, behind the Mob, he turned around in time to see a stinger flying into his shoulder. Clasping his arm in pain, he looked at Aaphi. "You're fine to hop in whenever you'd like mate."

The pain subsided, as Niklaus' Life Steal kicked in. Healing him for the damage he had received.

ID: 11854

BD: 10 (Life Steal activated) (Bleed activated)

CD: 7

MD: 7

Damage Taken (Wind Wasp 1)= 1 Base + 1 Skill + 1 Weapon + 2 Hyper Critical = 5

Damage Taken (Oikawa)= 1 Base = 1

Aaphi: 13/13

Niklaus: 13/13 (-1) (+1)

Wind Wasp 1: 2/7 *1 Base Damage (-5) BLD [2/2]

Niklaus' Stats:

HP: 13 /DMG: 3 /ACC: 1 

Battle Healing: +1 HP on natural CD of 10+

Life Steal: +1 HP on natural BD of 9+

Bleed: +2 Damage on the next two turns on natural BD of 8+