PP-F1 (Legault, Xanatos) Guilt

I just didn't know what to do. Should I help the SAO community and risk my life to save all the poor souls in this game and beat it? Or should I stay here, in this alley, conflicted and feeling guilty?

I couldn't stand it. All the screaming, the crying, the fact that people have committed suicide over the fact that they will most likely never get out of this god forsaken place.

I had gotten tons of messages from Majyenta, but I ignored all of them. I didn't want them to be mad at me for not helping them level and the fact that I'm a beta tester made it even worse.

The guilt overcame me. I need to help the community. I need to help my friends as a beta tester and as a friend. After I made this decision I proceeded to scroll through my messages and one stuck out to me. I couldn't believe I hadn't checked my messages in days.

Message From: Majyenta

We're headed out the east side of the plaza to the fields, find me on your map to get an exact spot.

See if you can find each other on your way over. Mob hunting just feels right right now, ya feel me?

I rush off in search of Majyenta and hope that I will be forgiven of my reluctance to assist them.

As I swagger out out of the "The Grand Forge" donning my new rapier and armor. I feel confident as ever. A new sense of purpose and prosperity. I admire the blade of my rapier. Beautiful, elegant, and deadly to boot. I'm sure that this new armament will impress Maj and his companions. I stand in the center of the street trying to figure out which direction I need to head. Hmmm the market is towrads the east, if I can find the right road, I can probably get there alot faster than streaming through crowds of players.

As I am sprinting through the marketplace searching for Majyenta and Bregalos I quickly try and memorize the layout so I don't accidentally do a circle and be back to square one. The main place I note is "The Grand Forge". I had heard stories of a terrific blacksmith that goes by the name of Oikawa and as I was admiring it, while sprinting, I ran rather hard into a man in a red cape who looks to be admiring a beautiful rapier. Right after I fall down on him I immediately stand up, apologizing multiple times.

Looking down, a rather short fellow had ran into me in the street. He began to frantically apologize to me, as if his life depended on it. I smiled, "Don't worry my little friend. You seem to be in quite the hurry. Are you in any trouble? or are you just lost in the crowd? This kid seems a little small to be all alone in this city. Maybe I can help him out. Find somewhere he can get his bearings and be safe. It would be a shame to let him get lost in the chaos that surrounds this place. I place a hand on his shoulder. "I'll try to help in any way I can" :D

As kindly as possible, I say,"No need to treat me like a little kid, don't base ones experience off of purely height. I'm looking for my friends Majyenta and Bregolas. Have you heard anything about them?" I realize the odds of him actually knowing of my friends is highly unlikely, but he called me little so I have to bug him a little bit and since I am slightly desperate, I am taking any chance I get. Not wanting to avoid his assistance though, I said, "Thank you for offering your assistance though."

Obviously this guy was a bit offended at my approach. The kid is like 5" tall, what else am I supposed to think in this situation? I'm just being kind, no need to be so...short with me hehehe. Well at least I know who and where his friends are. I'd better tell him before runs off and almost knocks someone else down. "Majyenta and Bregolas? Yeah I've met them! They are waiting for you in the square. But they may be off into the fields already, farming some exp for the day. What say we join them?

Amazed by my sheer luck, I quickly agree to go join my friends in the fields. I insist that we hurry to the fields and as we are walking I realize that we have not yet exchanged names and added each other on our friends list. I play a quick game with myself as I do on many occasions and try to guess his name by his appearance, but I come up with nothing. "My name is Legault by the way, how about yours?"