(OP-F1-Starting City) <<A Simple Sparring Match>>

Aeternum stood in the center of the Starting City with his sword drawn. He had asked several players who had passed by if they wanted to duel, but had been denied every time. He ran his fingers through his hair and paced, thinking all the while. Perhaps it was the eye patch. Maybe it unsettled others. He lowered his hand until it rested on the X.

Sighing, he opened his menu and unequipped his eye patch. Several more minutes passed and still not a single soul would duel him. Frowning, Aeternum sat down where he stood and started observing his reflection in the blade of the sword. Why was he wanting to duel someone? Entertainment? A challenge?

Perhaps a bit of both. He stretched, sword still in his lap, and yawned loudly. Someone will come by, someone who will duel him.

81MQ2yz.png

Syo finds himself back at Starter City and starts to get impatient with himself. I need to find better equipment, so I can go back into battle. Then I again I can duel with someone to find out how strong I've gotten. he thinks to himself, as he walks around the city. The blue eyes of Syo scan the area for players who are worthy to duel with him, or someone who is willing to.

Syo spots himself an opponent and swipes to the duel menu and shoots the request towards the player. He runs over to him and leaps right next to him. "Let's duel." he demands, with a grin on his face. His eagerness is getting out of hand, but it keeps him active, so he wouldn't go insane in the game. He looks at the window of the player and keeps staring back and fourth.

Aeternum had began to relax when a request popped up in front of him. Better yet, a duel request. Aeternum grinned and looked around, noticing a player approaching rather quickly. When the player arrived, he offered a duel to Aeternum. Nodding, Aeternum said, "Yes, let's duel. Shall it be a... oh, half loss duel?"

This player looked like a reasonable opponent, and Aeternum was sure the player was capable of holding his own in combat. Aeternum stood up, sword in hand, and said, "I do hope you know what a half loss duel is. If not, I would be willing to explain." He smiled, a genuine smile. This is the first time someone had approached Aeternum instead of vice versa.

81MQ2yz.png

Syo eager to jumps into battle leaps back to a safe distance and nods. "A Half Loss Duel.. Let's see. The winner is decided when the other player drops loses half their health." he states, as he waits for the accept button to be hit. Phew.. Let's do this, Syo. I won't lose.. This isn't the time to accept any lost. he thinks to himself, as he stares at the player in front of him.

There is no way that Syo would lose.. He needs to be strong, so he wouldn't have to rely on others. He wants to protect the people that he trust the most.

After finishing my quest I return to the starting city to relax a bit before my next adventure. Arriving I see Syo about to engage in combat with a stranger. Haha well this should be interesting! I wish to see Syo's fighting style. Let's see if he can handle himself with a blade. "Hey Syo! Goodluck! Remember, just being pumped up won't win you a fight. You gotta focus your adrenaline so it doesn't become a hindrance! Hopefully he doesn't humiliate himself in front pf the crowd. Stage fright can be a bit a of a pain in these public duels.

Aeternum pointed his sword at his opponent, whose name he had just learned from a player shouting encouragement, saying, "Then let the duel begin. Oh, I think I will let you draw first blood." Aeternum pressed accept on the duel request, and grinned at Syo, urging him to attack with a simple wave-like gesture. He spoke just loud enough for Syo to hear, "You may call me Joyce, and it is a pleasure to meet you."

Aeternum sheathed his sword and held his arms out, like awaiting a hug. This left him completely open and showed his confidence in his own skill. While he awaited the attack, he looked over to the player who had been encouraging Syo, saying, "Glad to see that someone is interested in watching this duel."

(The half loss duel has begun)

Hd4Z6xI.png

Syo get overly excited and pulls out his sword, before the other player could. Xanatos tells Syo not to get overly pumped, but his adrenaline is getting pumped up. "Don't worry about me, Xanatos. I'll take this guy on." he states, as he points his sword at the other player. The other player states his name, and Syo grins at the player. "It's very nice to meet you, Joyce. I go by the name of Syo." he states, as the duel menu fades away.

Joyce shows so much confidence in himself, but confidence isn't what will bring Syo victory. Too much confidence will get you in the wrong mind, Joyce. he thinks to himself, as he prepares to engage at Joyce. 

Syo brings his sword onto his shoulder and dashes towards Joyce with full speed. 

[Syo 15/15 HP]

[Aeternum 11/11 HP]

11895 9 1 6 Syo 2015-03-04 17:17:06

(11900)(BD 1, CD 10)

Aeternum was rather surprised when Syo missed, but gave him credit for trying. He unsheathed his sword and closed the distance, clumsily swinging his sword before stepping back. He grinned, deciding to make his failure seem intentional, "And what I did was a perfect example of your swordsmanship skills."

Aeternum once more glanced at the encourager and said, "You are rooting for this guy? Come on, I would expect more from you." Aeternum made a gesture to Syo to assure him that it was all just fun and games.

Aeternum 11/11 HP

Syo 15/15 HP

"I encourage those who look like they need a boost. You seem to have your ego pretty well covered by yourself. No need for to inflate it any further, or else it may just pop" ;D Who does this guy think he is? Im have tempted to kick him to the curb, show him a thing or two about humility. "Don't worry Syo, you got this guy no problem! Remember you're not only fighting a physical battle, but a mental one too!" 75% of any battle is mental. outwitting your opponent is the easiest way to win.

81MQ2yz.png

Joyce seems to be jokingly having fun with this match, but Syo ignores all emotions until the end of the duel. Ugh. I need to focus.. I can't afford to let him hit me first. he thinks, as he leaps to safety. Joyce starts to mock him, as he makes fun of his swordsman ship. "Well, Joyce. Show us what you really got." he states, as he points his sword at Joyce. Syo closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Time to drop his health down to nothing, but yellow HP, as he attempts to self motivate himself. He shoots Xanatos a thumbs up and a smile, as he opens his eyes. Syo dashes towards Joyce and attempts to slash him across the chest, but miss by a sliver.

[Syo 15/15 HP]

[Aeternum 11/11 HP]

11903 12 1 9 Syo 2015-03-04 18:19:05

(11905)(BD 2-2 for Syo evasion=1, CD 6)

Aeternum frowned when Syo nearly landed the hit, and quickly attempted to retaliate, only succeeding in maybe driving Syo back a little. Aeternum had a hint of a grimace on his face, he had realized that playing around would accomplish very little. He spoke slowly, as if considering what to say, "You... aren't... playing... are you? You seem... focused."

Perhaps he himself should focus as well. But that would spoil the fun side of things. And what is a game without fun? Well, that would ruin the game. A question entered his head. Just how hard would Syo hit?

Aeternum 11/11 HP

Syo 15/15 HP

81MQ2yz.png

Joyce asked if Syo was serious about the duel and he glances at Joyce and smiles at him. "Don't worry, Joyce. I duel seriously, but I'm never serious when there isn't a duel I'm in." he states, as he continues his pursuit to land the first hit on Joyce. Maybe, if I can distract him. he nods to himself, and stares at Joyce with his blue serious eyes. "Get ready, Joyce!" he states, as he dashes towards Joyce. Syo throws his sword straight at Joyce and dashes behind him, "Hi there." he said, as he grabs his sword before it strikes Joyce. He leaps back and slashes his back, landing at a safe distance.

Syo looks at his sword and back at Joyce with a grin, but changes his expression when he saw Joyce's health drop. D-Did I hit him too hard? he thinks to himself, as he slowly brings his defense up.

[Syo 15/15 HP]

[Aeternum 08/11 HP] - 3

11910 12 2 1 Syo 2015-03-04 18:54:24

(11913)(BD 1, CD 7)

Aeternum was surprised with the swiftness of Syo's attack, and dropped his sword in shock. He fumbled to pick up his sword, and thrust it towards Syo, wanting to run him through. Aeternum did not want to lose. Though he failed in attacking Syo, he did manage to back away and take a second to relax.

Perhaps this duel would be lost. But at least it would serve as a lesson.

Aeternum 8/11 HP

Syo 15/15 HP

81MQ2yz.png

Joyce attempts to thrust Syo, but fails and takes a step back. "Looks like this match is going to end very soon, Joyce." he states, as he points his sword towards Joyce. Syo's eagerness gives him so much confidence, that he thinks that he finish this duel within this one slash. He rushes towards Joyce with his sword ready to swing at him, hoping to end this duel.

Unfortunately, Syo misses his attack by a lot.. His attack was so far off, he just stood there.. wondering how he missed his attack. I-Impossible.. How did I miss that attack? I-I could have ended this match with that last attack. he thinks to himself, as he fall to his knee.

[Syo 15/15 HP]

[Aeternum 08/11 HP]

11919 4 12 1 Syo 2015-03-04 20:23:58

(11935)(BD 8-2=6)(CD 11= +1 HP)

Aeternum missed yet again, but he didn't care. He noticed his HP bar move slightly and smirked, battle healing does have its perks. He laughed and said, "Yes, this battle will end soon. You are the only one capable of landing hits, and I am barely regenerating." Aeternum thought for several moments and said, "Hey, why don't I shoot you a friend request so that we can have a rematch later in time? You are a great opponent, and I obviously need to get stronger."

Aeternum waved his sword, not even attempting to fight, "Besides, it seems I underestimated you. That won't happen again."

Aeternum 9/11 HP (Battle healing came into effect)

Syo 15/15 HP

81MQ2yz.png

Joyce, once again misses his attack once more and Syo changes from a serious expression to a friendly expression. "Yeah.. That'd be nice." he replies, regarding about the friend request. Joyce's health went back up a bit and Syo starts to get confused. Regeneration? I need to look up more about this.. Regeneration. he thinks, as he places his sword on his shoulder and grins at Joyce. He dashes towards Joyce with rapid succession and slashes him in the chest.

[Syo 15/15 HP]

[Aeternum 07/11 HP] - 2

11960 2 15 7 Syo 2015-03-05 17:35:03

(11964)(BD 9, CD 8)

Aeternum watched his health dip lower once again and this time managed at least slash across his opponents arm. He watched the orange gash faded and said, "Looks like I finally managed to land a hit. Though, it was surprisingly weak, for how hard I had swung my sword." He laughed and attempted to mimmick the guy from the old Mortal Kombat games, "Finish me."

Aeternum flashed a smile to the spectator and said, "A short-lived duel this was." And a short lived duel it had been. He knew he had lost, and as disappointed as he was, he knew that he had to work harder from now on.

Aeternum 7/11 HP

Syo 14/15 HP

81MQ2yz.png

Syo leaps back further from Joyce and finds that he was able to land a strike on Syo. Tch. I failed to bring my defense up. I need to end this before my health bar drops any lower. he directs his attention back to Joyce and points his sword straight at him. "It's been fun sparring with you, but I must end this now." Syo states, as he dashes towards Joyce with full speed. The match has been determined.. Syo leaps in the air and slashes downward, ending the Loss Half Duel. Syo's expression has changed from seriousness to friendly once again and offers his hand to shake. "Good duel, Joyce." he said with a grin on his face.

Syo looks up at the sky with a grin on his face, and back at Joyce. "It's been great these past few days, don't you think?" he whispers to himself, as he falls on his back, staring at the sky once again.

WINNER

[Syo 15/15 HP]

[Aeternum 05/11 HP] - 2

11967 10 3 4 Syo 2015-03-05 19:23:01

Aeternum opened his menu and navigated this way through it. Finding what he wanted, he sent Syo a request. He turned around and approached the spectator, saying, "I just want to clarify some things, if you are willing to listen." Aeternum gestured towards the general area where the duel had occurred, "That was not my ego earlier, but rather me having fun. Sorry if I came across that way."

He winced as he realized his eye patch was off, and quickly equipped it once more. It was just a habit now, sort of an impulsive thing.