[PP-F1] Teaming Up for a Battle [Jynx, Raeyliff]

I stood right outside the safe zone with my battle axe propped up on my shoulder for support. The rest of the black, double-sided starter weapon rose up in the air behind my head. It was barely shorter than me with a five foot shaft along with the blade that actually did damage. Upon joining the game I was already strong enough to handle the weapon. I made sure of that beforehand and even tested every single weapon myself during beta-testing. The mace came close to being my choice but the battle axe felt so right and I went with my gut which is why I had it now.

The sun was still low in the sky because it was early morning and continued to rise higher each hour. An obvious chill became clear in the air but instead of going away it lingered much to my disliking. Luckily my green dress was long-sleeved and stockings reach up to a pretty high point on my thigh so weather wasn't too much of an issue. Players passed by me with a buddy or two while I stood alone. All alone. No Psyche just me. I knew I needed or at least should have another person come along with me to go hunting but who was I supposed to choose out of everybody? Even if I did "choose" someone I'd never approach them let alone ask to join their group. I was too shy and too scared to do such a thing. If Psyche were here I'd do anything but sadly she wanted to just explore town again. I sighed and frowned a little which was a rare thing or me to do. My brown eyes searched as if I had someone coming and wasn't actually alone which made me kinda feel better. It made me feel like other people wouldn't think I'm a loser or maybe a loner that didn't have any friends.

Raeyliff was lying down against a tree nearby while whistling. It was an amazing day to lie down with Ash, while he chirped with Raeyliff. Raeyliff laughed and looked at the sky. "Man, Ash. I really can't tell what I would be doing without you." he said, stroking the phoenix, who chirped happily. Ash stood up, flew to Raeyliff's chest, pecked him playfully, then flew off. Raeyliff laughed before noticing that it was flying off somewhere. "Ah, I see where this is going. Ash, here I come!" he yelled, before grinning and running after it. As he ran, he noticed Ash in red streaks here and there as it waited for him to appear before moving forward again. Soon, it chirped once more before landing on a branch of at tree and looked forward. Raeyliff looked up "There you are! What are you..?" he asked, looking at the direction Ash was looking at to find another player. He walked to the player and smiled. "Hello. What are you doing?" he asked, not really knowing what to say. 

I jumped as another player spoke to me. What exactly was I doing just standing there? I opened my mouth to speak but closed it again avoiding eye contact as well.

Uhh... I dunno really. 

His smile made me feel a little bit better I guess but still... I was scared of what maybe he'd already thought of me. But then again the player did make the effort to come up to me so I smiled too.

So what's up? Why'd you come over here?

I spoke again not trying to sound mean or anything but it came out that way. Finally I rested my brown eyes on him.

Let me try that again. Hi I'm Jynx what's your name?

Now I spoke once more a lot more confident this time and hopefully coming off that way. I couldn't believe it took that many tries to get it right especially since I wasn't socially awkward. I crossed my arms in front of me after sliding my battle axe back in place still flashing my white teeth in an almost never-ending smile.  

Raeyliff sensed her uneasiness and was about to say that it was okay to do absolutely nothing in the middle of the forest, since he himself was not doing anything useful a couple of minutes ago himself, but then she seemed to ease up a bit and asked him about what he was doing here. As he began to reply, she began again, and so he nodded and smiled. "My name is Raeyliff. Pleased to meet you, Jynx. And you don't have to worry, your question did make sense. Ash, my pet phoenix.." Raeyliff pointed back to him and Ash tilted his head in confusion "Ash decided to have  me chase him around after we were perfectly relaxing under a tree. I don't blame him, it was getting boring." he said, and laughed. He turned to look at Jynx. "I haven't seen you before, and you probably haven't seen me around much either. But I'm the only battle-axe user in this world as far as I know, so it's quite easy to remember who I am." he said, grinning.

It made me feel better that Raeyliff admitted my question made sense though I believed it came off on the wrong measure. I cleared my throat and pointed to the weapon on my back. 

Actually no you're not. Let's see who grand master's it first!

I challenged the male to a race I would assume. Just a friendly joke between us it wasn't anything serious and honestly I could care less about the topic. Though he did have a good point, out of all the players I've met or remembered so far no players had a weapon type like mine or his.

Ash? A familiar huh... That's so cool! I probably wouldn't get one because of the commitment put into it and because of how sad I'd be if my familiar died. But I'm just not a pet person. Ash is a cutie though~ Did you find him on Floor 9?

With all the studying and with being a beta-tester I knew that Floor 9 was one of the extreme weather floors and also super hot. It wasn't odd for me too coo over an animal of any kind I love them to death but just wasn't the person to actually take care of one. Too annoying and too much work plus pets took too much of my precious time away.

At mentioning Floor 9, Ash squawked loudly and burst into flame. Raeyliff turned back just in time to see the fireworks before sighing. "And I thought we got over that..." he said, before looking back at Jynx. "Sorry. It's because we never went to Floor 9 after I got him. I wanted him to lose the fire and the arrogance..." he said, looking back at Ash. "But aside from that he's fun to hang out with. I can't imagine losing him. I won't." he said, before looking at Jynx. "Sure, let's go at it, fellow battle-axe user. I'm still at Rank 1, haven't given much thought to upgrade it, but now that there's a challege..." Raeyliff said, grinning. "You're on." he said. Looking around, he thought of maybe going with Jynx to fight some boars. Maybe that will make stuff less awkward, both for her and him.

Awww~ I think you should take him there soon. Don't you agree, Ash?

I smiled at the familiar and winked at both Raeyliff and his phoenix. If the pet couldn't understand those words than I wanted to make it clear I was a friendly face and not a potential danger.

Oh really? 

I said in a teasing voice.

How about we see who's better with their weapon? Let's search for an animal and see who kills it first for fun. Winner gets all of the loot.

I knew he'd probably win though this competition was mostly based on luck of the draw. I rubbed my hands together prepared for the battle between us. 

C'mon c'mon c'mon. I'm ready whenever you are!

My legs itched to get a move on from my spot and hands shook from butterflies in my stomach. Those butterflies formed because I was nervous of looking like a fool but more so of the fact that I had no idea who would win. This situation certainly had changed for the better and to something far more exciting. Maybe sometimes standing and waiting for action to come to you did work. At least now that's what it seemed like.

[12635 BD:10(no need for accuracy Helsependel) MD:5]

[Raeyliff deals 6 dmg]

[bear gets hit]

Raeyliff grinned. "Now we're talking. Let's get into it then. Hmmmm.....oh! There's one. Do you see that bear right there? We'll take that dude over there, the bear with 11 HP. He seems cool enough." he said, before running towards him, already pulling his battle-axe out. "Come on come on come onnnnn" he yelled, before swinging his battle-axe directly at the bear, making contact with a lot of force and moment to push it off its legs and onto the ground. It struggled to get itself back up, a gash on its side, before Raeyliff jumped back and grinned, looking at Jynx."Your turn." he said, smiling, before looking back at the bear that was glaring at him with its glowing red eyes before roaring. Raeyliff looked back at Ash as he flew from one tree to the next to get closer. "Don't worry Ash." he said, giving Ash a thumbs up. Ash chirped and looked on. 

[Raeyliff 22/22]

[Jynx: 13/13]

[bear: 5/11]

I felt one of my eyes twitch involuntarily as I saw how much damage Raeyliff dealt with one hit.

H-h-h....how?

Very sloppily I lifted my battle axe but felt my arms give out a little. Still surprised I swung and as expected missed. I turned my head a little embarrassed away from my teammate. Then very casual like as if nothing had happened I waved my hand in the hair and shrugged my reaction.

Whatever. We have all day.

[Roll] ID 12734 <---> BD 5 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

[Party] Jynx 13 HP, Raeyliff 22 HP

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Bear 1 5 HP <---> Jynx 0Hate, Raeyliff 2Hate

[Party Loot] XX

(OOC: I use hate system, which determines who gets hit by the mob. Player with most hate gets attacked. No hit equals 0 hate, regular hit equals 1 hate, crit is 2 hate. Not sure if you knew or not.. Also thought you would control the bear since you summoned it.)

[OOC: Never used the hate system before...XD Um, sure, I'll control it.]

[12828 BD:3+1=4  MD: 7]

[boar deals 1 damage, Raeyliff fails]

Raeyliff smiled. "We do have all day indeed." he said, smiling, before turning to look at the boar. It was his turn, but the boar didn't take as long. Taking advantage of Raeyliff's pause to talk to Jynx, it lunged at him and hit him square in the chest, making him fall back on the ground. It hurt, but not as much. Raeyliff stood up slowly with his battle-axe in hand. "Really hate it when these monsters start getting a mind of their own." he said, before smiling. While he did hate not being able to quickly take down a monster, it was a nice challenge after all. But...he didn't want it to continue on, with them losing all their energy in trying to find one monster alone instead of a couple more. Raeyliff grinned "Back to you, Jynx." he said, before leaving her room to fight.

[Hate] Bear 1 5 HP <---> Jynx 0HateRaeyliff 2Hate

[Party] Jynx 13 HPRaeyliff 21 HP

[Party Loot] XX

They really are annoying.

I complained and nodded as Raeyliff spoke his second sentence. Luckily monsters here weren't that smart though and fought no matter what. Lucky for me really since it took me a while to think something through as I'm no good and quick thinking but am kinda resourceful. I lifted my axe and swung while spinning 180 degrees. My axe stopped as it hit the mob. I backed up and held my axe close to my body waiting for the mob and Raeyliff to make their moves.

[Roll] ID 12858 <---> BD 7 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

[Party] Jynx 13 HPRaeyliff 21 HP

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Bear 1 5 HP <---> Jynx 1HateRaeyliff 2Hate

[Party Loot] XX

[12943 BD:3+1=4 MD:6]

[Raeyliff fails, boar deals 1 dmg]

The boar glared at Jynx with its glowing red eyes after she had finally successfully hit him, but then turned to look at Raeyliff. True, Jynx was the last person to hit him, but Raeyliff posed a greater threat, especially since it was easier for Raeyliff to drop the boar from a decent 11 HP down to a dangerous 5 HP. It was, because of that, obvious to the boar who he needed to get rid of first. It turned to look at Raeyliff, who grinned knowingly that there was no way it would attack Jynx just yet. He raised up his battle-axe in defense, but that did no good. The boar, lunged directly at him with enough power to make Raeyliff fall back a few steps with a small scratch on his arm. It stung, but the pain was ignorable. He turned to look at Jynx. "Your turn. Attack it when I still have it's attention." he said, keeping his battle-axe up in defense.

[Party] Jynx 13 HPRaeyliff 20 HP

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Bear 1 5 HP <---> Jynx 1HateRaeyliff 2Hate

[Party Loot] XX

Alright alright.

I nodded at Raeyliff's advice and lifted my battle axe one more, used to the strain of lifting the large weapon over and over in a short period of time. It was like a golf swing but I came up and turned my body with brutal force. The hit was far more effective than I'd originally thought it'd be since I was kinda just winging it by now. The bear staggered from my hit which made me smile.

Aww yeah~

[Roll] ID 13247 <---> BD 10 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

[Party] Jynx 13 HPRaeyliff 20 HP

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Bear 1 1 HP <---> Jynx 3HateRaeyliff 2Hate

[Party Loot] XX

(OOC: You been putting down boar :3 "Is a bear" tho. Make sure on next post to switch boar wit bear hehe.)

((OOC: Extremely sorry about that XD))

[13445 BD:9 MD:5 LD:19]

[Raeyliff kills it, it dies, Raeyliff gains 55 col and 1 mat]

Raeyliff grinned as he saw the bear reduced to his last HP and grinned. Now was the chance for him to attack,especially with it still staggering around like that after Jynx's hit. Raeyliff looked at Jynx and gave her a thumbs up before charging at the bear and slashing it through, destroying it into tiny digital pieces before he had time to turn around. A screen popped up in front of him "Ah. A material and 55 col..." he said, trailing off, before looking at Jynx. "You can take both, I'm not really in need of col or materials for the time being." he said, before a screen popped up in front of Jynx asking her to accept taking 55 col and the material from Raeyliff. Raeyliff smiled "You did good back there, I'm impressed." he said.

I clapped for Raeyliff killing the animal and receiving loot even though I'd lost the challenge. He was good and proved it without even trying it seemed. It surprised me that he'd give me the loot. Reluctantly I accepted the trade.

Thank you! You were much better than me that's for sure. What level are you exactly?

I made small talk not wanting to bore the male already. Kicking at the ground I felt something hard and picked it up. A rotten apple. I scrunched my nose up and squealed, throwing it as far as I could.

I-I think there was a worm in there.

[Roll] ID 13618 <---> BD XX <---> CD XX <---> LD 6 <---> MD XX

(OOC: Was not paying attention and accidentally rolled thinking we were still in battle haha so had to make up something to go along with it.)

"I'm just level 7, it's just the equipment that makes it look like I'm much better." he said, smiling, looking over at his battle-axe before looking over at Jynx. "I still do need to raise my battle-axe rank as well as buy a perfect battle-axe. This one is rare, it's good...and if you want, I can give it to you as well after I buy myself a perfect one, in case you don't have enough money for one yourself." he said, looking at her. Helsependel was a good battle-axe, it had helped him well, but he didn't know what he would do with it if he didn't give it to someone after getting his new one. He didn't want it to be hanged like a decoration, that would waste its value. Suddenly, hearing Jynx squeal while he was thinking about the options he had while looking around, he jumped, before turning to look at her, when she explained that she had seen a worm in there. Raeyliff nodded, before grinning. "It's fine. What do you want to do next?" he asked.

(OOC: That's absolutely fine. XD)  

I stared at Raeyliff in awe with my brown eyes. This guy was really nice and already offering me his weapon well after he was finished with it. Still that was something to me.

Thanks! Just tell me when that happens I'd be glad to take it. And really I don't think it's the attire that's going to make you good at the game which you are. It takes skill and practice not some fancy suit or level to prove you're talented.

He didn't even seem to mind about the worm! Not only was he kind but Raeyliff was crazy. Crazy for not being scared of a squiqily little slimy disgusting creature. I remember kids used to tell me worms dug through your skin and slithered throughout your body. Outright nasty if you ask me. I've always been scared of worms even when hooking them to the end of a fishing hook.

What do I want to do now? 

I tapped my chin in thought not having really thought about what we'd do afterwards. I hoped Raeyliff wouldn't leave and especially that I was being entertaining enough for the other player.

More hunting? Material searching? A game? It's all up to what you want to do since I'll do anything. Those are just a few ideas that I can think of from the top of my head. I'm not boring am I?

• 2 weeks later...

[14554 LD:18]

[Treasure Chest Found]

Raeyliff nodded and smiled. "We can look for a treasure chest. They're usually hidden around the area of each floor, but if you keep an eye out you can find out. I was with a friend once, and we found a treasure chest. That's why I know that they exist..." he said. Taking a look around, he saw something that looked like a box from the distance. "Ah, there we are. A chest." he said. He turned to look at Jynx. "Well, let's go! I won't be lucky to find another one. I should warn you, that each chest has a chance of being a Mimic, or some monster, or actually a chest with some treasure." he said. "If you want, you can open it. Maybe you'll have a shot at getting something good, possibly some materials or some col to buy stuff with." he said.