The Library [PP-F1] (Miriko and Jynx)

Miriko scanned the Library books with her blue electric eyes for a book about food. Her dark brunette hair was up in her signature pony tail.  Miriko was obsessed with eating food and sadly she couldn't cook. However she went to the small Library in Starting City to read up on all the different food in SAO. No one really knows about the Library. Miriko came across the small Library while wondering the deserted back alleyways, thinking about what to do in SAO. An old NPC runs the Library. This Library, although small, has a lot of different types of books. The Library was divided two sections, One half was rows of old wooden shelfs containing books and the other half was small tables and chairs to sit down and read. Candles were lit all around the room, giving the room a warm glow. Miriko came here to read around everyday. "I found it!" Miriko laughed as she found the book she was looking for but was quickly hushed by the old NPC sitting behind the desk. "Sorry" Miriko whispered. She picked up the small book about the rarest foods in Aincrad. To overwhelmed with excitement, Miriko opened the book and started to read as she walked towards a small table in the corner of the room, not looking where she was going. Suddenly she hit something hard and fell to the ground and the book she was holding, tumbled under a near shelf that held books. Miriko looked up. It was another player.

I was by myself more and more often it seemed venturing out further alone into the game. By luck I had ventured out in some alley and stumbled across a library which was quite the fortunate surprise for me since I loved to read. Books were enticing and amazing but not as popular as they used to be when I was younger. I mean books were still made just not in paper form as much anymore. Usually novels were uploaded onto the internet where you could buy them and read them on any electronic device or you could buy a tape and listen to it just like music. I was lazy but just listening to books? Now that's lazy for sure if you're fully capable of reading at all that is. Even in the game the library had that nice library smell and an NPC old lady at the front desk was yet another perfect addition. Of course I smiled at her in which she did the same and continued on with her own business while I too moved along.

The whole scene was beautiful and I ran my hand along the volumes neatly places on the wooden shelves. I had already found an interesting book and opened it to read while walking but ended up bumping into something. It made sense judging by my usual luck and grace. Quickly I slammed my book shut and tossed it on the ground beside me to help the girl that'd fallen onto the floor. I crouched down and grabbed both her hands in mine gently.

Are you okay? Well I mean of course you're not but I think you get what I'm trying to ask you.

NPC librarian made a shushing noise at me and the girl so I quieted down in the middle of my rant. I smiled brightly at the girl after shrugging apologetically at the old lady behind her desk. 

Sorry. I was distracted.

After speaking once more I stood up still holding the stranger's hand and would help pull her body back up and onto her own two feet.

As Miriko took the players hands in hers, she pulled herself up off the hard ground and dusted herself off. Her hair had come out of its pony tail and her clothes had collected some dust from the ground. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." Miriko apologized and pulled her brunette hair back into a pony tail. She looked at the player and smiled. "My name is Miriko." Miriko bent down and picked up her book that had slid under a nearby shelf and the players book that had ended up under a orange and round table. Miriko stood up and handed the book to the player. "I believe this is your book and thanks for helping me get up." Miriko giggled. 

Yeah yeah it is.

I grabbed my book Gone with the Wind from the girl. She was sweet and a real cutie too. I held the book in my arms and smiled to show that I was friendly.

I'm Jynx. Thanks for getting this for me. What'chya reading there? Mine, mine's a classic.

I flipped the book to show her the spine since the cover was blank and pointed to the golden words against a dark red background.

Or at least it is to me. I remember it being old when I was little... so I'm sure it's long forgotten in the real world.

I closed my mouth to avoid speaking any more than I actually should. I'd probably seem like a nerd which may be true but to be honest I just really love books. Any book in the world I'd read if it were in my hands. Placing the book back in my arms I rocked back and forth on my heels idly.

Miriko smiled. This player is really nice. Miriko listened to Jynx's comments about the book she was reading. "Gone with wind is a classic. I remember reading it a couple of years ago for an English class. Me? Well, I'm reading a book about food." Miriko spoke showing Jynx the front of the book she was holding. It had pictures of types of foods you can cook or buy in Aincrad. "I know its nothing special but I just really like food. I worked at a cafe in the real world so food was a big part of my life." Miriko said as she flicked through the pages, examining the pictures of food.

Food? You planning to be a cook? That'd be super cool because making food is an art, and edible which is the best part.

I laughed at my own joke before shaking my head at Miriko's comment.

No-no-no way. That is special. At least I think so too. I was never great at cooking in real life so I don't care much for doing it myself.

I was glad Mirikio had even heard of "Gone With the Wind" because it was an amazing novel. Even more amused that the girl had a cookbook in her arms because about everyone in my family was an expert with food except for me, so for the most part it brought back some good memories. If she ever met Psyche this would give her one reason to at least consider liking Miriko. 

How long did you work there? You don't look too young but not that old.

Miriko giggled as Jynx made a small joke and listened closely. "I worked at the cafe for a year or so. It was a small cafe but a lot of people came by to drink a coffee or eat some cake. I loved that cafe. Sometimes I would make cupcakes and bring them in for the little kids." Miriko stopped talking. She closed her book and motioned to a near desk that they could sit at.

I nodded my head to let Miriko know I was listening. She motioned to a desk so I ceased my replies until after sitting down. When she sat with me I placed my book atop the desk and leaned back in the chair comfortably with my legs crossed like a lady. 

I love cafe's~ Early in the mornings I'd sit in one and read a book or do some homework while drinking hot chocolate or a latte. Luckily I wasn't the only one dressed in my pajamas and nobody looked at anybody weird cause we were all doing the same thing. 

For a second I paused and adjusted my position in the chair before speaking again.

That's sweet what you did for the kids. My best friend doesn't really enjoy children but they're so adorable and fun I don't know why she doesn't enjoy their company.

Miriko also placed her book on the table and listened to Jynx carefully. "We got a few people in their pajamas in the mornings." Miriko giggled and continued to listen to Jynx. "I guess some people don't like kids. I don't mind kids but they can get annoying sometimes." Miriko agreed, shaking her head. "Did you have a job in the real world?" Miriko asked as politely as she could, interested in the player.

Oh yeah... Annoying alright.

I agreed with Miriko with the fact the kids were indeed annoying after a while of spending time around them. You couldn't do anything you wanted so long as children are around without them pestering you one way or another. Though I could remember being that annoying kid to my family so I had no place to say anything. I'm sure everyone was once an annoying little child that people wanted to lock in a room.

Job? I was a slacker and still am to be honest. I actually did have a job for a while at Gamestop. My mother was going to pay for my time in college so I didn't have to spend money for that. I also had like thousands of dollars saved from my childhood somehow. I saved every cent and never spent the money I earned. I think there was about 2,000 bucks in the bank when I first took a look at it. 

I paused before speaking again.

Then there was cosplay rewards. I won a lot of contests with my two best friends which gives a lot of money. Seriously. Totally worth the effort of hand-sewing a costume and buying a crap-load of makeup. 

Memories flooded my mind but I shoved them away for later. No need to be depressed right now. I finally stopped speaking and waved my hand in the air as if all of what I'd said didn't matter at all. I nodded towards Miriko signaling that she could finally speak if she had anything to say at all and I wouldn't interrupt.

Enough about me. What about you? Have any hobbies or sports maybe?