[PP-F7] The Moving Party [Exploring Floor 6]

Zelrius felt down at the statement at first. Then went on to smirk again as he asked the next question

"Well, being that I've never heard of them before, They weren't top level Floor Clearers were they? Nope. You and I are probably twice as strong as both of those groups put together, Not to mention, We have Miles, and if need be, I can invite others along for the ride too." Zelrius said, confident that it wouldn't be as big a deal as they were making it.

The Chain Werewolf grimaced as Zelrius spoke of the other players' capabilities lowly. "Well... I was with them here for two days... We became like a sort of friendly community..." He walked over to the hut's right wall and pounded it with his fist, causing an indication to appear on it. "We all dueled, but Keyblader92, FuryCake, and NeedleMan, the leader of the trio on the second quest attempt... they all beat me at my peak... Even when I used that Fang technique..." Garou looked up at the canopy as a tear forced its way out of his right eye. He took a deep breath before looking at Zelrius again. "Fine. Let's do it."

Zelrius lit up in excitement. A New challenge, One that was apparently so dangerous that people died moving on to it. He turned to Garou, a Smile on his face. He pulled out his sword moving towards the Hut. With his right hand he motioned for Garou.

"Well, ready when you are. Go for it. I'll be right behind you." His focus tightening ready for the task to get started.

He took a deep breath and stepped inside the dark hut, activating his heightened sight. Garou could make out a pile of bones in the hut with a human skull resting on the top. An indication appeared in his quest log:

The Predator of Barduk

The Chained Werewolf set the objective as his Active Quest and walked towards the blacksmith, leaving Zelrius to activate the quest himself. He selected some col and offered some to trade for a rusty, cheap curved sword to another player. After this was successful he went to join Zelrius again.

Zelrius also entered the hut. He took accepted the quest and went on to walk forth. He wasn't sure what he was to find, but Zelrius wasn't afraid. He was a higher level, Nothing scared him much anymore. Being that high of a level, It kind of gave you an Ego that you wouldn't normally have. Just take in the others for example, Zauis, Asen, Rage, They all seemed to think they were invincible as well.

Objective: Follow the trail of the culprit of the Barduk murders.

Garou equipped the cruddy curved sword and put his heightened sight on again, seeing a trail of red footprints that were almost double the size of a normal human foot. "God... this thing... It must be pretty big..." He pointed at the ground leading out of the village's South exit.

Zelrius nodded, all he could do at the time. He hadn't any heightened sight abilities, so all he could do at the moment was believe Garou, and hope the Chained Werewolf hadn't been making a mistake. Zelrius was about to step forth when a thought came to him. Since he couldn't see the path, Maybe Garou should lead the way.

"Garou, I think you should go on ahead, I'll cover our rear."

The purple-haired, green-eyed vigilante who was already in lead looked back and nodded with a soft grunt. Garou blinked back to the weighty footprints, still astonished by their magnitude. He walked out of Barduk, but sluggishly so. He was not eager to run into whatever had taken the other players he had met.

(To find the next stage of the quest, I have to roll a 20 Loot Dice :lol: )

As Zelrius lingered behind, Garou pushed through a bunch of large leaves, following the gargantuan footprints deeper into the jungle. He looked behind him, calling, "You're falling behind, Zelrius! Keep up! There's no telling what'll happen in this jungle if we're separated!"

Zelrius heard every word he said and understood what he meant. So Zelrius jogged faster, catching up and the Looking around, rubbing the back of his neck. He wasn't sure what was going to happen, so he drew his sword and now just tried to keep pace with Garou as they moved on

The leader witnessed the footsteps stop in front of a stream and continue to the other side of the small river. Could the thing have jumped right across...? Not even I could make that leap... From the stream, the sunny sky could be seen in the distance. In this area, the trees were smaller for whatever reason.

Warhead.jpg

• 1 year later...