PP-F6 Feeding new Friends

Celes arrived at the town and quickly ran to the store. It would be easy, but some meat and then go on, she decided to eat the food that Unyie had given her before, to give her luck  (+2 to loot die), That way she would be more likely to get what she wanted... 

She thought about it. This way...  she wouldn't be lonely... she would be.... Maybe at night she'd sleep with it.. cuddle it just like her true love, in the real world. 

If maggie was waiting for her then she would wait for maggie, and having a companion for when she was alone... that would help so much... She didnt even notice when the girl came into the same shop... 

“Hmm,†Oske murmured. She had been walking about stores, looking for some new food to try for inspiration, which she had been lacking as of lately. She was still snacking on a strange flavored muffin as she entered the next shop, which was selling meats of all different varieties. She then noticed someone familiar—someone she met in another shop at one point. Oske knew she would be a kind person.

“Hi!†Oske exclaimed happily. “I’m Oske…†Her eyes wandered to the icon that told her that the player was taking a quest… and she was at a food shop. The only explanation was—“Are you by chance getting a familiar?â€

Celes is surprised to see that Oske knows exactly what she is doing "Yeah! HI! Uh, yes i'm goign to try and catch one of the smaller leopards... I'm... excited... " she says as she blushes. She hadnt expected to meet anyone here, especially when she was about to go do something like this. She wondered if she looked as desperate as she felt...

Oske smiled softly. "I actually had a familiar a long time ago--a little sugar glider type creature. I called her Pinkie." Oske fondly thought of the little rodent thing, knowing that she died to protect someone and had a good life with Oske. It seemed that Celes was a little... overwhelmed with excitement. Maybe the woman needed some help? "I'd be willing to help you out, if you want," she added with a wider smile. 

Celes' eyes widen at the woman's offer. "Y-Yes! I would love that!"  she blushes for a moment "in the real world... i had a at, and... well... Someone I love very much loves big cats... so i wanted to get one..." she says a little hopeful, and a little sad. 

"Would you like to get one too? a new familiar?" she asks with a smile, hoping maybe she can help her newfound friend. 

Oske put her hands up nervously. "Oh, no. I'm perfectly fine without a familiar--honestly. My main worry is one of us dying and leaving the other all alone, or worse... me leaving the death game and having to leave my little friend behind." Her words were soft and sad, remembering Pinkie's death. She was sure the little friend was happy in the end. "Plus, my... uh, my daughter is getting a familiar soon anyway."

"Whoah you are here with your daughter?!" Celes says with genuine surprise and concern. "I cant decide... If you are lucky or not.. on one hand having you loved one close..." she bites her tongue... best not to say any more.

Quickly recovering she looks at Oske and asks "Shall we?" gesturing for the door. 

Celes: 

Raw beef x10

LD +2

Oske smiled and waved her hand a little. â€œShe’s not my real daughter. I met her here, and she kind of… clung to me?†Oske felt those were the wrong words to use, as Pepper kind of whole-heartedly rejected her at first. “But she’s a real sweetheart once you get to know her.â€

Oske nodded. “Sure thing,†she said, leaving the shop with Celes. “What did you say you wanted as a pet again?â€

Oske laughed quietly. "No, it's not weird!" she exclaimed. "We're in a world full of weird animals. You picked one of the most normal ones to go for." Oske then lowered her voice, peering around the jungle. She added in a quiet voice, "We should stay on the peaceful side and avoid fighting unless necessary. Fighting might scare the kitty away."

Celes nodded gravely as she looked around and searched for one (will roll loot dice to determine location >15- winger panther in sight) and looked at Oske.

"I've observed them, the like to hang around up in trees, and wander down to look for 'food' i mean, its pixels, btu i'm sure it works." she smiles and tells oske "I'm goign to stealth now, so you may not see me as well..." she says as she disappears momentarily.

Oske nodded quietly as Celesmeh disappeared, using her stealth skill. Oske, while not having said skill, decided it would be best to slide back into the bushes and wait until Celes found her prey, like a bird or a dog on the hunt for a meal. Of course, this familiar would not be a meal--it would be a pet, and a friend. Regardless, animals and mobs were wild. She had her sword and shield equipped, just in case... something happened.

Celes almost immediately sees one, and let's herself get closer. She creeps along, not wondering where oske might be.

Within seconds it notices her outstretched hand and dashes away without warning.

Celesmeh slumps onto the floor and sighs "Damn!" she looks around for oske and nods, going off to look for another winged panther.

Oske smiled and sighed. "It's all right. I'm sure you'll have more luck next time, right?" she said. She began walking ahead, making sure to use her steps lightly when she realized... on of those mobs Celes was looking for was just up ahead. She froze, then glanced back at Celes. "There's one right there," she whispered, pointing in the panther's general direction.

((I don't need to tell you,  but remember to use the perma roller :) ))

Celes walks up to the pather and slowly extend  hand (perma roller, 13451, loot 5) and watches it run offf. She sits down sadl for a moment "I am really bad at this, arent i?" she looks at oske, forlorn. 

Pulling down her HUD she looks through her inventory for a het. She unequipps her blade and equips her hat( rare +2 LD) and looks up. "Okay, we have to go off and find another one.. down we..."  she sighs looking at oske. (Total LD bonus +4) 

Oske laughed and smiled softly. "No, you're fine! Don't worry, we'll definitely catch one. And... actually, how about this. Could you give me some of the food, too? If I happen to see one, I'll catch it and give it to you," Oske promised. "I have no interest in getting a familiar right now anyway."

Oske put her hands in her pockets, adjusting her cape. She was kind of tired, in all honestly. But getting out there and doing things always made her less tired.

((seeing as the next time a familiar is tamable will be one of my turns, if I catch it I will give it to you, just give me the description and such via PM))

Celes smiles and gives her food, along with her hat of LD. Pulling down her HUD she snes both and says "Alright, but i want one that is willing ot fight with me, if that is not the case, we will continue our search, even if it means the death of the creature. It sounds cruel but... I wont be partying with many people anymore, so I must be strong, and I want my familiar to sid me in that strength" (I'll send you the description)