[PP-F1] A Farmiliar Face (Miriko and Aika)

Miriko walked down the streets of Starting City. The sun was out without a cloud in the sky. Perfect day for hunting although it was a bit to hot. The streets were more crowed than usual with players walking in and out of shops. It was Miriko's day off. She didn't have to go help out at the orphanage so she had nothing to do. As Miriko wandered through the crowd she bumped into a couple of players and quickly apologized. I'm so clumsy today. Oh well, I will live through it. Miriko tied up her brunette hair in its signature pony tail, Her light blue eyes reflected the light of the sun, making them glow with life. Miriko walked on, passing a few Inns and shops. Well this is slightly boring. Miriko sighed and continued walking. Suddenly, She saw a familiar face. It cant be. I ran towards the player.....

Aika was walking among the cluster of people absentmindedly, bumping into people every now and again. She had abandoned the act of apologising shortly after realising that she was going to be bumping into a lot of people today. 'I really need to start levelling up,' She thought to herself. 'It would be even better if I could find someone that could help me do just that.' Lost in thought she didn't realise that someone was calling out her name and didn't look up until a hand was placed lightly on her shoulder. The figure standing in front of her had a familiar smile stretched onto their face. Aika's eyes widened slightly in surprise as a well known grin spread onto her features. "Well isn't this unexpected." She spoke aloud. You could hear the amazement and playfulness in her voice as she spoke to the person. Who would of thought..?

Edited by Aika

"Amber, I cant believe it's you." Miriko gasped. She looked at the players name above their head. "Aika, so that is your name now, I like it." Miriko smiled and observed Aika. She hasn't changed one bit. "I just can't believe its you." Miriko laughed and hugged Aika. Aika and Miriko were best friends in school. Aika was the only person Miriko could truly trust other than her foster mother. Miriko stepped back and looked at Aika. Some players that were walking in the streets, stopped to see what all the commotion was about. But Miriko didnt care. It was about her and Aika right now.

I giggled as Charlotte, or Miriko as is was now, flusteredly buzzed around me like a worried mother. Although I rolled my eyes at the little scene she was making, I was really happy that she was here. "It's good to see you to Charlotte." I said a slightly teasingly, but my excited smile never left my face. She looked exactly the same as she did the last day that we had talked to each other in real life. Miriko's vivid, sky blue eyes that shined underneath the bright sun rays were the twin pair yet the complete opposite of mine, as mine were a bright, emerald green that gave off the feeling that they were glow in the dark.

Edited by Aika

Miriko smiled and giggled. Aika black hair and green eyes never changed. Aika was a bit younger than herself but that never broke up their friendship. Last time they talked was when Aika had came to the cafe that Miriko worked at. It was a sunny afternoon and Miriko was serving coffee. After Miriko had finished her shift, They had talked about school and basic life. That night was when they had both logged into SAO. "I never thought I would find you in SAO." Miriko laughed. "I missed you." Miriko gave Aika another hug and started to walk towards an Inn so they could sit and chat.

After giving me another hug, Miriko grabbed my arm and started dragging me towards an inn. There was no doubt in my mind that there was going to be anyway to predict how this would turn out. But it didn't really matter, the genuine smile on Mirikos face was enough to make me feel like everything was going to pan out exactly the way it was meant to. Some of the first memories I had of Charlotte flooded into my head. She was always there to stick up for me, always by my side. She was a true friend, absolutely nothing got past her. After being closed off from my mom  for a while after my brother died, she was the one to get me out of my shell. I sighed knowing that this was going to be a long day. Not that I minded.

Edited by Aika

I dragged Aika towards the Inn. Once we got in the Inn, Miriko instantly sat down at a table. "Sooo How are you Aika?" Miriko asked as she couldn't get the grin off her face. Miriko tied her brunette hair up in her signature pony tail. The Inn was quiet today. The only souls in the room was the NPC that ran the Inn, Aika and her. "Whoa, there is no one here." Miriko gasped. "Usually there is heaps of players in this Inn." Miriko smiled. Miriko didn't mind that no one was in the Inn. It just gave her an excuse for her to be loud.

• 2 months later...

"Im better now, knowing that im not alone." I said happily answering Charl- Oops, i mean Mirikos question. I couldn't seem to shake the giddy feeling that had bubbled up in my chest, i guess it just proves how much i missed her. With my mind racing with a billion thoughts and questions,i suddenly went still. Eyes wide, i stared across the table at a rather large black blob that dangled just above her shoulder. Without a word leaving my mouth i slowly leant forward, bringing my hand to my mouth and resting my elbow onto the table as i struggled to keep a mischievous grin off of my face. Miriko HATED bugs. Especially spiders. 

• 1 month later...

As I giggled at Aika's mistake in my name, her eyes widened, she put her handover her mouth and continued to stare. I followed her eyes to my shoulder, to my horror was a giant spider. Knowing me, I screamed and jumped, flipping the table. The table crashed onto the floor, causing many lingering eyes, many laughed, many were disgusted. The hairy spider, had somehow made it onto my hand. I feel sorry for the players in the room, having to put up with my screeching. Aika, with tears streaming down her face from my somehow hilarious scene, flicked the spider and stepped on it, bringing it to its death. As I started to maintain my sanity, the NPC running the Inn, took us by the shirts and threw us out.

Through all the drama that had quickly passed the one thing that had clung to my mind was the look of sheer horror on Mirikos face when she saw that spider. So as my knees roughly landed on the ground and I slightly tumbled through dirt pixels I felt nothing but the pain in my stomach from laughing so much. With one arm clinging to my belly and the other hand struggling to wipe away the tears that a started streaming down my face, I stumbled, trying to stand up but ended up falling back onto the ground half way through getting up as my knees were too weak to hold me. "The look on your face was priceless!" I managed to choke out, blindly aware of the commotion we had caused. 

I also began to giggle and then laugh as Aika tried to get up but fell down. "I hate spiders. Its not my fault my face was horrible" I laughed. After a good 5 minutes, I got up onto my two feet successfully and pulled Aika up. Many players were staring at us but we didnt care. I brushed the pixels off my clothes and they dissolved into the air. "What should we do know?" I asked Aika, hoping she knew a good and interesting place to go. "A place with no spiders" I added, giggling slightly.