SP-F1 "Like A Knife Through Butter" (Material Gathering)

Walking away from town I felt a sense of security. Once I walked these very roads with the nervous idea that I may die to these mobs. Now I am stronger, more experienced. I walked out into the fields where the boars grazed. Hehe this is quite funny, Maj and I once fought these things with the caution that we might die....I wonder where he is now? Could he have died?...I rushed over to a boar and struck down at him with "Immortal Fang".

BD:2

MD:5

My blade barely missed the boars neck. It shrugged me off and lazily tried to knock me over, but to no avail

Xanatos 22/22

Boar 3/3

I repositioned myself, getting my footing squared away as I approached the boar again. It almost seemed to not even acknowledge me. It seems that the boar understood my power. It grunted at me. "Sorry little guy, but I need mats and you are not going to stand in my way". I ran at it sword drawn and swiped across it's chest. 

BD:9

MD:1

Xanatos: 22/22

Boar: DEAD

LD:2=Nothing'

The boar dissipated into pixels. "Nothing...ugh...this might be harder than I thought. Maybe I'll just have to keep going til I collect enough mats. I really need those recording crystals. 

I ran around the field looking for more boars. A group was gathered near the tree line. Perfect, a nice little group of them, I'll take them one by one. They cannot escape from Immortal Fang. I sprinted into the group of boars blade drawn. I swung my blade straight across the first boar.

BD: 5+2ACC=7

MD:4

Fang drove straight through he boars hide like a knife through butter. Oikawa's workmanship never ceased to amaze me. Fang's accuracy was pristine and it's bite, deadly. I leaned down to see if there were any mats.

LD:7

Damn...nothing this time either

I turned my attention to the net boar. It seemed a bit angry that I had killed its friend. Regardless of my level it charged me. I stuck Fang straight in front of it. Ready to break it's charge by running it straight through it's spine. "You're a valiant animal I'll give you that my friend." I chided as the boar brought to bear with me.

MD:5

Feeling a sense of danger I disengaged from the boars charge. It glided past me and turned with a snort of it's snout. It wasn't happy about not beating me into a pulp :/ 

I noticed that there was yet another gopher hole that would have thrown me off if I had stayed in that spot. "Whew, I'm glad I spotted that before the boar got too close." I turned to face the boar again. "Come at me again. Only one of us is going to get what we want, and I'm the one with the blade!" The boar charged at me after scraping it's hooves on the ground. 

BD:4+2=6 HIT

MD:1

The boar clashed with my blade, cutting in almost in two. The boar dissipated into the sky and the loot screen appeared. LD: 20 +1 Mat

Total Mats Collected:1

Finally! Things are looking up on my luck. I look to the other boars in the group who had finally began to grow cautious of my presence. Well I did just kill two of your "friends" just now. Let's hope you both are just as lucky as the last one was! I ran to the nearest boar and sliced "Fang" across the boars face.

MD:DEAD

LD:3

Fang carved through the boar like a thanksgiving roast. It fell to the ground and evaporated into pixels. The loot screen showed nothing after it's death. Damnit, let's hope this last one in this group has some goodies!

The last boar seemed to be cowering in fear in the brush. Why it didn't just run away I don't know. I chased it around the brush just trying to get a good stab at it's thigh to kill it. "C'mon buddy it's not so bad. It just takes one little knick, just one!" The boar snorted and kept running until I was finally able to juke it out and put myself in a good spot to strike.

BD:1

MD:9 (Critical)

DMG: Boar 2-3 MIT=1

Xanatos 21/22

Boar 3/3

The boar tricked me into a gopher hole and cause me to fall on a bramble bush next to it. The thorns stung alittle bit but I just got back up. "You little sneak!"

The boar almost seemed to smile at me as I walked up to him. "You knew that was there didn't you? I never thought you little guys could be so intelligent. Well...no matter. I still need the mats and it seems your time is up my little trickster!" I swiped fang forward and across the boars skull.

BD:10

MD:2

LD:10

The blow struck true against the boar's head. The blade cut deep as it slid straight through. The boar flailed about wildly then fell to the ground with a thud. It's body disappeared and the loot screen came up empty again. "Dayum..." 

Wondering further towards the woods I see a group of grey wolves stalking along the treeline. Their ears perked up at attention when they saw me approach. Most ran but one lone wolf. It stared me down and slowly walked towards me. It snarled and barked at me, ready to defend itself. "A truly noble creature you are, but I need to get stronger. You will not stand in my way!" I swung Fang straight into the wolfs side

BD:7

MD:Dead

LD:13

The wolf yelped as the blade sliced through. It fell to the ground and vanished into pixels. The loot screen showed 0. "Dear lord in Aincrad!"

Total Mats Collected:1

I decide to take a new approach, travelling deeper into the woods to find more mobs to farm from. After walking for a few minutes I spot a small group of giant birds. They were majestic. Their feather shone in the light of the sun. I creeped up to one of the larger ones and struck fast across it's wing.

MD:8

LD:7

The bird turned and squawked loudly at my face. It threw me off balance and landed me on my butt. The bird flew at me and scratched my face in the process. "Damn birds, gotta be so defensive!"

Xanatos 20/22

Bird 3/3

The bird flew high up in the air screeching loudly. The sun blocked my vision so I could not see the dive bomb the bird had begun as it reached it's peak. I put my hands to my forehead to cover the sunlight, only to the see the bird was dangerously close to me, travelling at a high velocity. It was going to ram me! I put up Fang in the hopes of stopping it mid flight

LD:8

The bird stopped as soon it's head was peirced by Fang. It squawked loudly then went limp as it fell off my blade. It dissipated into pixels as the loot screen, predictably noted no loot for me. "What have I done RNGesus?!"

I began praying to the Random Number Gods for a sign of my undying devotion to their awesomeness. I sang songs of mathematics and science beginning with "She Blinded Me With Science" then progressing to more ancient writings, like "Saxon Math". Another bird perched on a branch seemed to be attracted to my worship and laid itself at my feet. My eyes widened. "Could this be??" I swung Fang as hard as I could at the bird.

LD FREAKING 14 difhergfkeguidfshg

The bird died with dignity as I waited for the loot screen to appear.....0???? "What the Hell was that bird suicidal or something???"

Feeling defeated I wander into the darkest part of the forest. Hoping to find something close I yell at the top of my lungs "COME AND GET ME NATURE". A rustling grew louder and louder. the bushes shook and the trees creaked as a monstrous beast erupted from the darkness. "Well damn, I got what I asked for 0.0" I stared the beast down. I had never seen anything like it before. Especially on this floor! I lunged straight towards it, aiming for its chest.

MD:10 (Critical!)

DMG= 4 +2=6-3=3

Xanatos 17/20

Danger Beast 11/11

The beast swept straight across with it's claws knocking me into a nearby tree. "You are going to be quite the fun challenge!"

I got up and ran around the beast. Testing it's speed it seemed to be a bit slow in following my movements. I wouldn't let it hit me again. It's punch packs a wallop! I dashed to one of its sides and swiped Fang across its ribs, hoping to get a good bit of damage in.

BD:8

MD:10 (Critical!)

My blade dove deep into the leathery hide of the beast. It's greenish hue reminded me a bit of a crocodile. It turned it's gaze to me and despite my blow, swiped it's claws across my chest. "Hahahaha it's gonna take alot more than that to finish me off!

DMG: Xanatos 4 Danger Beast: 4 +2=6-3=3

Xanatos 13/22

Danger beast 7/11

I knew that the creatures hide would be more tough to penetrate than most, after all if it's anything like the crocodile, it's skin is one the toughest natural armors out there. But I'm sure fang is up to the task. I dashed forward and slid under the beasts chest. Leaping up I thrust Fang towards what I hoped was it's heart. 

BD:1

MD:9 (critical)

The beast dodged out of the way with incredible speed and deterity. Swiping into my side, creating a deep gash in my ribs. "Lordy, this thing is relentless...three hard strikes in a row..."

DMG: 4 +1=5-3=2

Xanatos 11/22

Danger Beast 7/11

I start to feel a heavy pain in my side. This thing is much harder than I thought. Time to stop messing around and end this beast, no telling what it could do to other players wandering these woods. I stand tall and charge the beast, swiping in a pattern as to confuse the beast. "Take this!"

BD:6

MD:6-1=5

Fang struck multiple blows to tbe beast in lightning fast succession. Shreds of its scales flew off of it. It's screech was ear piercing. I felt my ears ring loudly as I pulled back to steady myself.

DMG Xanatos 4

Xanatos 11/22

Danger Beast 3/11

The beast began to buckle, its groaning growing louder as It's strength began to weaken. "Well, that's how it's done my friend. You have been a worthy opponent, but I'm afraid it's time to end our little encounter. Survival of the fittest it seems. Goodbye." I walked over and readied a stab straight into it's head.

BD:9 (Critical!)

LD:18

The beast roared right before I plunged a blade deep into it's skull. The roaring stopped abruptly as it died and dissipated into pixels. The loot screen appeared. I had finally gotten loot!

<<Eye of The Beast>>

A silver pendant with the eye of a Danger Beast in it's setting. The eye glows green with a yellow retina. 

1 Material.

I stared at the pendant for awhile. "Another trophy to add to my person!" I look at the Hoya of Minos in Immoral Fangs hand guard, "You have a companion piece now my trusty blade." I walked towards the city. The light began to pierce the canopy of trees. The boars laid out in the sunlight undisturbed. I did not wish to scatter them, I had done enough hunting for the day. The sun grew warm on my face and my new pendant shone brighter and brighter, even the retina began to adapt to the change in light.

Reaching the gates of the city, I saw players and NPC's gathering in the square. The banners were up again saying "Goodluck!" I guess it was almost time for another Floor Boss fight. I couldn't help but wonder how I would do in one of those fights right now. Floor 10 has been said to be a dark and dismal place to those not trained to fight in the darkness. Maybe it was a good thing I wasn't on the front lines for now. No telling what kind of horrors lie beyond the darkened veil. Hell the dangers here on the first floor nearly killed me on multiple occassions!

Finally arriving at a place I could rest for a moment I count the Materials I gained today. "1 Mat..ugh the RNG Gods did not favor me today with this gathering session. Oh well I'll have to do my best with what I got! Also getting this amulet wasn't a bad thing either. Although just cosmetic, It symbolizes my power as a hunter. In the end, that's what matters. Showing others that I am ready to defend them, ready to protect the innocent and stop all those out there that stand to destroy freedom and hope!