(OP-F1) In The Woods

Raissuh stood alone, surrounded by tall, towering trees. His pale skin glistened with virtual sweat, he had been working on fighting with his spear for a while, and was actually getting tired now. He grunted and sat down, propping himself up on his spear. The dirt felt soft and comfortable, and Raissuh had to remind himself it was virtual dirt in a virtual world.

He sat there for a long while, trying to think of a joke to lighten his mood. Nothing. Great. Sighing, he stood back up, deciding a little more practice would not hurt in the slightest. He began to swing his spear in wide arcs, imagining his foes being crippled by each blow.

Helios was perched in a tree looking at his katana. "I really wish I could use this thing." he said, sighing. He put it back in his inventory and jumped out of the tree. He came back down to the first floor the day before for some mob grinding. He planned on staying one extra day for exploring and possibly a little bit of late night grinding. He was in the middle of adventuring in the forest when he found someone swinging around a spear. He looked beside his health bar for a level. "Level 1... Interesting..." he mumbled, quietly enough that he couldn't be heard. He then proceeded to introduce himself to the stranger. He walked out from behind the trees he was hiding behind and waved. "Hi there, I'm Helios!" he exclaimed, smiling. The player looked quite new to the game, but his spear skills weren't bad at all. "You look like a new player. Anything you need help with?" he asked politely.

Raissuh froze as this player, this newcomer, appeared and offered false help. He stuck his spear in the ground and grunted, "Save your lies for somebody who is foolish enough to listen. You will not deceive me." He wiped his forehead with his arm, wiping sweat away to keep it out of his eyes. This player, they were going to try and lead him into a trap, and that was NOT going to happen.

He pointed accusingly at the player, "I will not be led into your trap. Take your lies elsewhere, perhaps off the edge of Aincrad. That would be ideal." He smirked. This player was going to regret trying to trick him.

His smile faded away. He looked up at his cursor, curiously. "Um, sir, my cursor is green." he chuckled lightly, scratching the back of his head. Helios studied the boy carefully. This might have been a bad idea... What if he turns out to be a PKer? He sighed at the thought. "I was just asking if you needed any help. Of course if you'd like me to leave, i'll do as you wish." he said, starting to walk away. He remembered that not everyone in SAO was friendly. He hadn't met many disagreeable players, but there were probably a lot out there, on the higher floors. Of course, to Helios, the boy didn't look like a threat. He was a lot shorter than he was and looked to be about his age. If he did try to attack him, he thought he'd have a pretty good chance. He looked at his gear as a precaution. It was just as he thought, the starter items.

Raissuh watched as the player began to walk away, and the doubts began to come again. Perhaps he was being truthful? Could that be possible? He could't know for sure. He pulled his spear out of the ground and put it into it's... holster? Sheathe? He had no clue what it was called. He ran to catch up with the player, and said with obvious effort, "Hey, perhaps I acted... rashly. What did you mean when you offered help?" Boris would be angry if he ever found out. So Raissuh decided he would not tell him.

This player, he seemed genuine. But then again, it was easy for a monster to lie. He would have to find out.