(SP-F1) Boris Told The Truth

Raissuh watched a group of three player killers from the brush he was hiding behind. These PKers were lower level, and were laughing merrily. He grimaced as he watched them drag a green player to the edge of Aincrad, which was no more than twenty feet away, shouting threats as they did. From what he heard, they wanted something from the green player.

The killers grinned madly and began to draw their weapons on the player, telling him to jump. To kill himself. Boris was not wrong. There were terrible people everywhere, and it was up to a pure hearted person like Raissuh to eliminate them.

The green player cried aloud as he was jabbed with a sword, and Raissuh took that as a que to act. He rushed the two closest killers and slammed into them with his shoulder, sending them tumbling over the edge. That left one killer to... well, kill.

Raissuh stared at the player with a cold, lifeless stare. Showing no guilt, hoping to intimidate him. To add to the effect, Raissuh said, "Your freinds are dead. Would you like to join them? If not, I suggest you turn tail and run." He hoped he had sounded threatening. The killer, at first caught by surprise, now grabbed the green player, who had been crawling away, and swiftly drug him back over to the edge, saying, "You cannot kill me without him dying. You only got lucky with my 'friends'."

Raissuh silently cursed this player, why did he have to be so stubborn? Nevermind that, this had to end with a minimal kill count. So two, maybe three deaths.

He looked over the edge and said, "Wait, did one of them really survive? I hope that isn't the case, or I'm outnumbered." The killer bought it. He let go of the green player and made his way to the edge. Raissuh sighed and said, "Please tell me not all PKers are this stupid." With that, he swiftly kicked the killer over the edge.

That was easy. And because he had done no damage at all, he would not be marked as a Player Killer. Raissuh turned and looked at the green player, who had started shaking violently. He felt the doubts growing in the back of his head, and said with a soft voice, "Hey there, it will be okay. You are safe now. But can you tell me what those players wanted from you?"

The player looked up at him, whimpering as he spoke, "They wanted to know where my friends had been camped. Those players, the ones you killed, they had been watching us all day. I split apart from my friends and led the Orange players away. Then you showed up and..."

Raissuh finished his sentence, "... killed them, yes I know. You were that determined to save your friends? That you would die a decoy just to keep your friends alive?" That amazed Raissuh. Boris had said that everybody was evil. Terrible. Monsters.

But had Boris told the truth?

The player looked at Raissuh with concer, "Yeah. Of course I would save my friends, wouldn't you?" Raissuh shrugged, he did not know how to respond. He didn't have friends. He decided to move on, "Hey, come with me. Let's get away from the edge." The player nodded vigourously and followed Raissuh,

In a short while, they made it to the Starting City. From there, they went to a simple restaurant. Raissuh had stopped leading after they entered the city, and was simply following the other player now. As they entered the restaurant, Raissuh said, "Hey, why are we going here?"

The player quickly responded, "I owe you a debt. This is a good way to start repaying you." Raissuh grinned. He could be rewarded for being who he was, pleasant. The player gestured towards a table and they both sat down. A waitress aproached and said, "Hey handsom, what would you like?"

Raissuh looked her up and down. She seemed to be his age, but there was something off about her. After a few moments, he realized that she was an NPC, and thus had no cursor over her head. He glanced over to the player sitting with him and said, "The same thing..." the player quickly threw out his name, "Canil." Raissuh nodded and continued, "yes, the same thing Canil is getting." The waitress nodded and said, "Canil is a regular, so I will bring over some ice cold water shortly."

As she walked away, Canil leaned in close to Raissuh and said, "Kind of creepy that they can memorize our patterns, isn't it? And um... why are you so... pale?" Raissuh laughed and said, "I guess it had to do with me being inside so much. I almost forgot what sunlight felt like until I joined Aincrad." Canil sat back, mumbling to himself. Raissuh listened closely and managed to catch a short bit, "...ris will be happy. I found the ri..."

Then the waitress walked up and set the drinks on the table with a smile. Raissuh reached for his glass, but froze as he saw a certain person leave the restaurant. Could it have been? No, he had no way of acquiring the game, did he?