«Kenji» Guardian of the Light

«Kenji» Guardian of the Light

» Username: Kenji

» Real Name: Kenji Matsumoto

» Alias(es): The Guardian, The Holy Knight, The Paladin

» Age: 21

» Gender: Male

» Height: 5’11â€

» Appearance: I am not the tallest guy around, but I stand around five feet and eleven inches tall. My hair is slightly overgrown and light-brown, and my eyes are a shade of dark-green that apparently catches many people’s attention. This genetic anomaly in eye color is thought to be caused by my mother’s alleged infidelity, but my father was never able to prove it. Also, I seem to have picked up my father’s poor eye sight and wear glasses or contacts. My sight isn’t horrible, but I do need them to read from great distances. I have a slightly athletic build, having participated in mixed-martial arts and other various sports, such as soccer and tennis. Aside from that, I’m your typical Japanese male just looking to kill some time on a VRMMO.

With regards to clothing, I tend to wear semi-formal to formal clothing because I work for the NaichÅ, or the Cabinet Intelligence and Research Office. I’ll explain in more detail later in this interview process. Although, I probably won’t be able to go into much detail due to the sensitivity of the cases I work with. Back to the topic, I tend to wear a white dress shirt and black slacks, topped off with a black blazer, brown leather belt, and a pair of sleek black dress shoes. Depending on my mood, I’ll put on a different colored tie, but my go-to color is burgundy. Have to look like your work means something.

In Sword Art Online, people can see me wearing virtually the same thing, except it is much more appropriate for the setting. My typical outfit consists of a black short-sleeved shirt with a turtle-neck appearance to it and a pair of black pants. Over it all, I wear a long white coat that is black along the sleeves and back, white along the chest and waist, and red and gold along the edges. Three golden diamonds sit on the upper-part of my chest, and I also wear a dark blue ascot that has a golden badge where the cloth wraps around itself. Oh, and I wear a pair of black boots. You can’t forget the black boots.

render_kent_oo2_by_xblossomxcherryx-d6h2ni6.png

» About: Born out of wedlock to two teenagers that couldn’t wait, my parents married as soon as I was born. My father, son to a major shareholder of Argus, took up his father’s position upon his retirement and supported my mother ever since. Having the money, my parents sent me to school extremely early and paid for the best education in Japan. For as long as I could remember, I was always the youngest among my friends. I graduated from each school a year or two early and ended up being in college by the time I was sixteen. People knew I was mature for my age and didn’t know how to approach me. Most of my friends were the professors and teaching assistants, while other students rarely came up to me for anything other than help with their studies. This was understandable and became an acceptable part of myself growing up. Throughout college, I would casually game here and there to save myself from the boredom of loneliness and eventually heard about some project through a discussion my father had over the phone. I would not realize what the project was until after entering my first job.

Post-graduation, I was recruited by the NaichÅ, or the Cabinet Intelligence and Research Office, and was given a position in the cyber terrorism division. They are the equivalent of the United States’ Central Intelligence Agency. There, I learned about the series of deaths that appeared throughout Japan due to a game that was released by my father’ company, Sword Art Online. Having received a copy from my father as a graduation present, I volunteered to enter the VRMMO and investigate what was going on. It was a dangerous task, but I knew that someone had to find out what Kayaba Akihiko’s motives were and to see if there was a way of freeing the players from their virtual prison. Putting on the NerveGear, I entered the world of Aincrad and have been stuck in there ever since. But, I try and make each day count, hoping that one day I will bring the mastermind down and escape with everyone I met and befriended along the way.

» Virtues:

Righteous – I will always do the right thing no matter the cost. Those that commit heinous crimes will be punished for their sins. But, even when punishing the sinners, I will tread lightly as to not become that which I rebuke.

Loyal – To those that I deem worthy, I will always be loyal to them. If they are ever in a bind, I will always be there to help them out of it. Their cause is my cause and their life is my life. Those that dare advance upon my allies will know the true meaning of righteous fury.

Confident – I am sure of my abilities, but I know of my limits. I try and push them, but I do not boast about more than I actually am. With this confidence comes faith and this faith is exhumed to those around me, breeding confidence in others and their faith in me.

Loving – I try my best to show love and affection to my friends and enemies. To those that I am interested in, I show fierce companionship and would go to the ends of the world to make sure they are happy and protected.

Realist – During any situation, I will always think about every single possibility and go along with the most realistic approach. Neither an optimist nor a pessimist, I try and keep myself grounded so that I make help my allies stay grounded too.

» Flaws:

Idealist – I tend to try and stick to my guns, even when I know another path is much easier or much more practical. In any scenario, I will always try to maintain my morals and do things in as righteous a manner as possible.

Perfectionist – Imperfections are despicable and I try my best to make sure that everything is done accurately and efficiently. I make sure that my equipment and my health is in tip-top shape, but this sometimes goes a little too far, making me slightly judgmental to the reckless and spontaneous.

Calculating – When others die, I try and look at the positives to help myself see it as a good thing. Once the good outweighs the bad, I use that as a source of comfort. People tell me I can come off as a bit cold, but I’m just trying to move past my sorrows so that I can continue to grow and prosper.

Flirtatious – Having very little experience in the field of talking with the opposite sex, I tend to come off as a bit too “friendly.†Others call it being flirtatious, but I just want them to like me. Wait, does that make me flirtatious?

Overambitious – There are many things that are important to me and one of them is success. I will do almost anything at all to achieve success, even if it means that I must sacrifice certain things to attain others.

Serious – I have a tendency to not take as many breaks as most people and play around as much. Preferably, I like to be level-headed and efficient at all times and not have to deal with the childishness of others. People have told me I need to learn to relax more, but it’s just not in my nature.

Stubborn – I’m very bullheaded and tend to have a hard time changing my opinion on things. It could be a pride issue, but I just believe that what I think and believe are right. It’s not that other people are wrong, but I would just prefer sticking to my own beliefs and ideals.

Profession: Blacksmith

Skills

Non-combat:

» Metal Refining – Before your blacksmithing teacher let you build something up, he taught you to break something down. Ores are the most rudimentary materials necessary for the production of metal goods. Smelting and refining are the skills he taught you to refine ores into bars and ingots. The strength of metal begins with the strength of the ores used to forge it!

» Heavy Metal Forging – You’ve begun your journey as a blacksmith and have decided that heavy metal armors are more of your forte. Apprenticeship with a local town blacksmith has brought you the basic knowledge needed to forge the most simple of heavy armors. Protect your body and you will live!

Passive:

» Sprint – You’ve had no other means of travel than your own two feet, and running to and from combat has helped you to build up your stamina and quickness. Being the fighter you are, you have also adapted this ability into your combat arsenal. When holding a sword of any kind, you can perform a quick dashing combo to strike your enemies at ridiculous speeds. Other weapons are too heavy to perform such things. The hare is actually the winner!

Combat:

» Parry – You have felt the heat of battle far too many times and have been witness to many different styles of fighting. Your experiences have culminated into a strong defense, allowing you to negate incoming attacks with counters. Through further practice, you should be able to deal durability damage to opponents’ weapons. A strong offense is a strong defense!

» Howl – Having more durability than most of your allies, you have developed a method of drawing attention to yourself. With loud, daunting taunts, you call upon the enemy to stray away from your allies and focus their attention on you. All non-playable characters in the vicinity will swarm you, giving your team time to recover or retreat. Defend your allies with all of your might!

» Battle Healing – Taking the brunt of the attacks can take a toll on your health. Through physical and mental conditioning, you have built up a method of regenerating small amounts of health over time during battle. This ability can only be tapped into when your health is near zero. He who perseveres and endures will be the last man standing!

» Heavy Metal Equipment – Constant donning of heavy metal equipment has helped you build up a comfort in such attire. Your conditioning in dense materials has helped you to be a lot more agile, mobile, and hostile, making you a force to be reckoned with. Heavy metal equipment takes up less of your maximum inventory weight and hinders you less in battle. What is truly heavy?

Weapon Skills:

» One-Handed Straight Sword and Shield – Frequent use of straight-edged swords has helped you become more proficient in its style of fighting than others and a shield only adds to your protection and overall defense. You feel right at home with a sword and shield in hand and nothing is more satisfying than slashing up the enemies with grace and finesse and preventing your enemies from doing the same. Protect and destroy!

»» Vorpal Strike (One-Hit Strike) - Constantly using one arm to attack your enemies has built up your strength, allowing you to dish out devastating amounts of damage in a single hit. Utilizing your sword-wielding capabilities, you were able to learn the Vorpal Strike: a heavy one-handed sword skill that doubles the effective range of your blade and increases the power of one attack that is launched after activating this ability. Unfortunately, it has a long cool-down, but the additional fire and dark damage more than makes up for its downfall. The make-up of the attack is 30% Physical, 30% Fire, and 40% Darkness.

»» Shield Slam (One-Hit Strike) - Having participated in numerous battles, you have come to realize the full potential of using a shield. Your many experiences has led you to believe that a shield can be used for more than just blocking. Shield Slam is an aggressive off-handed shield skill that deals minor damage while knocking the enemy off-balance. This ability is mainly used to create an opening for a successive attack or buy you and your team time to regroup and decide what needs to be done next.

Inventory

Weapons:

» Werewolf's Bane (Silver One-Handed Straight Sword)

» Protection of the Pack (Copper Off-Hand Shield)

Miscellaneous:

»16 Crafting mats

Armor:

»

Roleplays

» [sP–F1] «Earning a Living» (Complete)

Relationships

»

Story Thus Far

» Our young adventurer begins his journey in the Town of Beginnings. Trailing through the marketplace, he stumbles upon a quest giver named Earl and accepts his quest to become a blacksmith. After learning the basics of forging something, Kenji is tasked with retrieving a resupply of copper ores from the veins located within a cave carved deep inside a mountain. During his travels, he runs into a wolf and engages it in combat, until he comes out victorious. After slaying the beast, he reaches the cave and finds a trio of pups guarding a copper vein. Walking past them cautiously, he retrieves the ore and returns to Earl in order to build his first weapon. The first attempt fails and he is given a chance for redemption with two silver ores provided by Earl. Kenji fails to create a weapon for the second time and ends up feeling defeated. He eventually finds out that the wolf he killed is the mother of the three pups and that Earl was using him to clear out the cave. Creating a dull blade the third time around, he threatens Earl out of rage and is horrified with what he has done. Feeling that he is unable to turn back, he solicits a silver sword by the name of Werewolf's Bane from him and leaves. Realizing that the game is causing him to become something he hates, he mopes around in his despair until the sun sets and is left with a heavy heart.

What else is in store for our adventurer?

Theme Songs

» http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-QLl5qjLg (Battle Theme A)

» http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q (Battle Theme B)

» http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toPm-L7Ib44 (Theme Music A)

» http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PRvlhOLSk (Theme Music B)

» http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ2R8gHYris (Relaxation Theme)