[SP-F3] Elven Secrets {Complete}

The NPC's demeanor suddenly became slightly darker.

"You had best turn around now... Elven Secrets is a treasure that has driven many players to their deaths..." In light of this new information, Ourian wondered if it was truly worth it...Maybe not now, but eventually he might take this quest up again, only next time, it will be with a team. Just one problem with that though... He had only one person he could feel that he could trust to watch his back currently, and that would be Zeri. IF what this NPC says is true, however, Ourian will need to become stronger himself and will need more than just Zeri to accompany him.

"Thank you for your time." Ourian replied, returning to his cot.

---

{ID: 15230   LD: 13} Obtained Fairy Wing: Speed Material

Waking up the next morning, Ourian gears up and starts to leave the Town of Flora. As he does so, he gives the town a good look as he turns his back on his current task and decides to live another day. 

"Well... guess I need to suck it up and try and make some friends..." Ourian admitted, walking back to Delilah Village. Along the way, he happened to pass the spot where he fought the two fairies. Still feeling bad about how he had gone about winning that fight, Ourian walked past the memorial he had made for them, guilt weighing heavily on his heart. 

By nightfall, he made it to Delilah Village. Looking around, he decided to search for an NPC shop, hoping to upgrade his gear a little bit.

Eventually, he finds a shop called Elvish Steel and enters the shop. Mounted on the walls were weapons, armor, and shields that looked like they were cleaned on a regular basis. Ourian walked up to the counter and rang the bell. Not two seconds later, an elf girl, looking no older than seventeen, walked up to the counter. 

"Welcome to Elvish Steel. What can I get for you today?"

"I'm looking for some new gear. Mostly a set of Light Armor, a new sword, and maybe a set of gauntlets. I only have 625 col on me though... think you might have something for me within that price range?" Ourian asked, watching as the shop owner seemed deep in thought.

(Determinating factor: BD)

[iD: 15241]

BD: 9

Successful

Snapping her fingers, she gestures for Ourian to follow her. She shows him a black silk coat.

"May I try it on?"

"Of course!" She smiled, taking it down from the display and handing it to Ourian. Suddenly, he hears several locks click. "Don't worry, just a defensive precaution to prevent theft while any unpaid merchandise is in the hands of a player. It will disarm when you either return the item to me or purchase it." 

"Understandable." He says, throwing the coat on. It was light, but still had some weight to it, making it ideal to Ourian. The leather seemed to be inside of the heavy silk material that was visible, which appealed to Ourian. He liked leather equipment, however he hated how the leather looked. The fact that it was hidden was amazing to him. The silk trailed down to his ankles. Taking it off, he hands it back to the shop owner.

"Can I get the info for this, please?" He asks her, watching as she tapped the coat to bring up its statistics.

Coat of the Dark Elf

Good Light Armor

A coat worn by the Dark Elf when he was young. 

"What's your price?" He asked, curious as to how much this item was going to cost him.

"300 col." She replied, smiling at him. He believed that it was a fair price, however he felt that he could try and get her to go a little lower so he could attempt to get something else too.

"Would you be willing to do 200 for it?" He asked, hoping that it wasn't too steep a difference.

(Haggling attempt: BD must be greater than MD)

[iD: 15242]

BD: 7

MD: 2

Successful

"Hmmm..." She said, deep in thought. Finally, she looked up at him and handed him the coat. "You know what, I'm okay with that... Some player came in like two weeks ago and never came to pick it up. Even paid half of the price up front. 200 it is."

SCORE! Ourian thought, handing her the 200 col. 

-----

Bought: Coat of the Dark Elf [-200 col]

"Now how about a sword?"

(Determinating factor: BD)

[iD: 15244]

BD: 10

Successful

"You want a sword, I'll give ya a sword!" She said, bringing him over to a glass case and removing a beautifully crafted longsword with a black blade that arched across the guard as well. It was light and Ourian could tell it would serve him well. His only question, however, was of course...

"Stats and how much?" In anticipation of this, she already brought up the weapon's statistics.

Dark Steel

Good Longsword

A sword crafted from a black metal ore. It is said that a wound inflicted by this blade is slow to heal.

"As for a price... I want 250 col."

"Any way I can get you to budge on that a little too?" Ourian asked hopefully.

"I dunno... I already did a deal with you..." She told him. He hoped that he wasn't pushing it too far.

"Can't you just cut me one more deal? I was just hoping to make it an even 200..." Ourian pleaded hopefully, trying his damned hardest to obtain this weapon. 

"Hmm..." She said, deep in thought.

(Determinating factor: BD>MD)

[iD: 15246]

BD: 2

MD: 5

Failed

"I really can't budge on this one... either 250 no go..." She told him. 

"Understandable... well, I'll still take it." Ourian sighed, he really wanted that sword for cheaper, but he understood where she was coming from. She helped him out already and he wasn't going to give up the chance to get his hands on a new sword like that one.

-----

Bought: Dark Steel [-250 Col]

"Now then, one last item: either a buckler or a set of light metal gauntlets." He told her. She didn't even say anything further and walked behind the counter and grabbed a rather curious item. It looked like a cross between a buckler and a gauntlet, silver in color. It would fit one's whole forearm, making it an excellent defensive piece.

"May I?" He asked, gesturing to try it on. When she nodded, he equipped it. It was actually rather light, despite its appearance. This was a good thing, meaning that he would not be sacrificing maneuverability. He also tried to hold Dark Steel in the gauntlet. It fit perfectly, despite its extended blade. 

"Stats?"

She tapped the item.

Arm Shield

Good Shield

A single gauntlet with the properties of a shield. It has been designed for maneuverability without the sacrifice of functionality. 

-----

"I would normally sell it for 200 col... however, considering you have already bought two items from me, I'll sell it for 150." The shop owner told him, smiling. He didn't even think twice.

"Deal." He said, paying the 150 col and placing the item in his inventory. "Thank you for your time!"

"Anytime. Come again soon!" She said cheerfully, watching Ourian leave. 

Not wasting any more time, Ourian went to the teleport plaza and went back to the Town of Beginnings.

-----

Bought: Arm Shield [-150 col]

RESULTS

Loot Obtained

Bought: Arm Shield [-150 col]

400 Col [Topic Completion 20+ posts]