[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> (GALLahad)

Brokke troublingly searched through the quest board of the starting city. He was looking for something that would help him get a profession, but... He could only see the top part of the board, and kneeling down quickly got really uncomfortable on the rough ground. Still, he continued scanning the board for the right quest, slightly blocking the view for other people who were trying to see, though he wasn't aware of that.

Walking through the city, GALLahad was humming along to another random song stuck in her head. Despite the cheerful appearance, she was actually in a somewhat bad mood. She couldn't afford the clothing she wanted. Sure, it was only a cloak, but cloaks were cool. And helped hide your face from the sun. Distracted by her own mental complaining, she didn't notice the giant in front of her until she accidentally walked into him. Stepping back a few steps, she looked up at the person to realise who it was, "Oh. Hi there Brokke, how are you today? Still as tall as ever I see." 

Broke felt GALLahad bump into him, literally. He quickly turned to apologize, but when he realised that it was his friend GALLahad, he smiled down at her, "Hi GALLahad. I'm doing okay today, just looking for something to get me a job. Honestly, being this tall has so many drawbacks I'm contemplating if it's even worth it." he laughed before gesturing to a nearby bench, "Would you like to sit down for a chat, or are you in a hurry?"

"I mean. I really need some money now before a shop sells out of clothing for when I'm relaxing, as little as that is, but otherwise I'm free. Why? And what's on the board?" Only just noticing it, GALLahad looked at all the requests, "Ahh. I see~ so you're doing quests? Going to become a blacksmith or something then? Or going for a sword instead of a hammer. Or going for other quest rewards? I get it. Say no more. I want in." Already deciding that she was to join him, she gave him a flashing smile, "It'll help me get money, and means I can call in a favour if I ever need help as well. In exchange you get an extra weapon to defend you while you do whatever. Fair deal, right?" 

"Um, I guess that's fair." Brokke shrugged, "I can't find the blacksmith quest though, kneeling down is quite uncomfortable here." he looked down at GALLahad with a frustrated look on his face. His hammer was fastened to his clothing, "Also, do you think my hammer will be okay for whatever I do, or will I have to use something they give me?"

"Let me see." Crouching so she could see the bottom easier, GALLahad looked over the board before finding the quest in question, pointing at it while she verbally alerted him, "There. Follow the finger and you've got it." Moving back afterwards but keeping her finger pointed at the quest, she spent the next few seconds thinking about his second question. "Hmm... Probably not. I mean, a warhammer is different from a normal hammer, right? So would assume you get a special hammer." 

Brokke looked down at the quest GALLahad pointed out and shifted to get a better look, "Ah, okay. Thank you." he said before reading up on the quest, "It says here that I have to go to a blacksmith and he has to give me the next part of the quest." Brokke said before rising to full height again, "I didn't need to visit a blacksmith yet, so do you know any blacksmiths around here? It'd have to be an NPC one too."

"Won't lie. I haven't looked for a blacksmith either. Though I assume they'd be like, in a shopping district of the city? Plus. If it's not a player, they're definitely somewhere easy to find, they have to be." Being as helpful as possible, even if it was within her own special way, she decided to make him live up to their deal as soon as he became a blacksmith as well, she could do with some spare armour, or even better, a new shield. Or a shield in general really. After all, survivability is always the priority, and a big shield can't do anything but help in that respect. 

"Well then, would you like to go for a walk and see if we can find one?" Brokke asked, offering GALLahad his quite large hand. He also gave her a sincere, radiant smile, "We can talk about what we've been up to recently. Well, what you've been up to. I haven't really done anything before trying to find this quest, so I figured blacksmithing can also help me with my spare time."

"Pretty much the same. Looked through some shops, tried to find some decent clothes I could buy but couldn't get what I want. Thinking about becoming a tailor or something instead of a alchemist. Or whatever the real terms are for those in this game." Shrugging, she gauged if she should take his hand. After all, pain was still active in cities even if you couldn't die. Deciding to trust the titan, GALLahad slowly took his hand, letting him lead to wherever he wanted to lead. 

Brokke wrapped his hand around the girl's and began walking towards the district with NPC merchants, eager to find himself a proper blacksmith. Despite his excitement, he tried to keep his walk in pace with the girl. Girl... He blushed a little, realising that holding hands might give off a wrong impression, but didn't let go because he didn't want to draw her attention to it.

The only reason why the relatively young adult wasn't blushing herself being due to the fact she had had to accompany clients to dinner for her job. As soon as they found the required blacksmith though, GALLahad let go of his hand, folding her arms in front of her and looking at Brokke, "Right. Go inside and do whatever you need to. After that we can go get whatever we need. As I doubt it is a simple case of walk in and say hello to get the job. Okay? May accidentally trigger for me as well if I walked in, and don't want to be a blacksmith really. Too bruti- .. coarse. For me. No offence." 

"Right." Brokke said, wrapping his arms behind his back before heading inside. Even from entry he could feel the heat of something being forged, and just as GALLahad expected, once he entered the Blacksmith immediately turned to speak with him. However, there seemed to be an option to both buy and get a quest, so Brokke steered their conversation to the quest. It would take around two minutes, but the man came out and turned to GALLahad, "So I got the quest, and apparently I have to gather materials in the forest." he said, holding up the pick he was given, "I need 3 Iron Ores and 2 Wolf fangs."

Unfolding her arms and bringing up the in game menu, GALLahad equipped her standard sword before looking at the other member, "Right then. No time to wait around. Gotta kill some wolves and fine some minerals. You require more minerals and all that." Grinning at her reference, she gestured in the general direction towards the forest before starting to walk towards it,  "Let us go then. As honestly if I get these clothes covered in ash or whatever then I may actually break down and cry. And I assume you don't want that on your mind. Do you?" 

"No." Brokke shook his head and followed his friend, "I'll try to be careful." he said, taking larger-than-usual steps to catch up to the girl. He was somewhat confused why she was bothered about her clothes when she was going to fight wolves, though he also assumed she meant the dust from him mining for the ore and not whatever would happen during fighting.