[SP-F3] Kill your needs (EaL)

Skylar decided to go to the forest of wavering mist and check into a rumor. According to sources recording crystal could be found growing like fruit in the trees here. Skylar visited the forest of wavering mist before and he did not notice. Then again he did not really have time too. Between going thru his initiation and meeting Clarence, this was a pretty special place, that he never really had the time to admire.

ID: 18695

LD: 5+3= 8

"The forest of mist is a pretty weird place. Right friend?" Skylar spoke to Rutta who was acting as a guide. {Not really sure where I am or going. Good thing Rutta is so trustworthy}

Skylar checked the tree Rutta stopped at. "Wow!" There is an actual crystal part! It was too small to use but it was very pretty. {The crystals here must be better quality then normal.}

ID: 18712

LD: 11+3= 14

The same tree had several more pods. Skylar moved further up to check another pod. "Darn it. I guess this Crystal tree is not ripe enough for use." {I should move on till I can find a suitable tree.}

"Hey Rutta! Where is the next one?" The snow leopard moved to a tree right next to the one he was in. It was pretty big and overshadowed the one he was in.

*Rooaah*

A monster sound could be heard close by. "I guess we are not alone around here"

ID: 19018

MD: 5

Skylar is not one to easily be hit, especially by something that crashes about, like a bull in a china shop. In fact it was a large Minotaur attacking. Not as bad as a bull in a china shop, but just as loud. The creature roared loud rearing it's ugly head.

"Well this is perfect!" Skylar shouted "I can try my new jewelry!"  Skylar went in his inventory and changed the plushie for his earrings. "I feel stronger already."

Skylar: 44/44 HP

Minotaur: 24/24 HP

ID: 19021

BD: 9+3=12 (+1 crit hit)

MD: 6-2= 4 (miss)

The Minotaur came back for a charge. The one down thing about the forest of mist was the constant Minotaur attack. On the upside Skylar grew in leaps and bounds since first starting.

The Minotaur came back with a punch. "My skills have grown. You have to do better than that." He ducked under the punch rapid punching the Minotaur in the ribs.

Minotaur: 16/24 HP

ID: 19024

BD: 9+3= 12 (+1 crit)

MD: 4-2= 2 (miss)

The Minotaur came striking again. Compared to others Skylar came across, this one was pretty weak. It had no battle ax nor was it as big as the other one, he fought with Clarence. It was actually more of a baby in his book, or maybe Skylar just really improved.

This time the Minotaur did more of a run. Skylar used the next fist to go into a throw. The bull was already moving pretty fast so why not use the extra momentum.

Minotaur: 8/24 HP

ID: 19026

BD: 6+3= 9 (hit)

MD: 8-2=6 (hit)

LD: 1

Skylar was not sure if he should pity the beast and just do a mercy kill. The Minotaur was able to get close enough to hit him, while he was feeling bad for it. Rose scratched him causing a bit of pain back the the Minotaur. Skylar did not try and just straight punched it. The health points dropped to zero, and the Minotaur dropped a recording crystal as loot.

Skylar: 43/44 HP

Minotaur: -1/24 HP (-2 thorn dmge)

Results:

Gain +1 Mat

ID: 19027

BD: 10+3=13

MD: 4-2= 2

Rustling trees could be heard. The Minotaur Skylar took down was not alone. Two more came out of the tree's, they were both bigger, uglier, and they smelled a lot worse. "I guess ugly travels in groups huh?"

Before one could react to where the brother seemed to have dispersed, Skylar already had a knee going into it's jaw. "Sorry about that. But I do not feel like dying," The other Minotaur charged, only hitting the place that Skylar was at moments before.

Skylar: 43/44 HP

Minotaur 1: 15/24 HP

Minotaur 2: 24/24 HP

ID: 19028

BD: 1 (Crit failure)

MD: 10 (+2 Dmge)

The fact that Skylar was so into his ability could very well be his downfall. He was ready to hit but the two Minotaur's worked together. One Minotaur managed too punch him in the shoulder to stop an attack, the other hit him in the gut. The fact that these two could work in conjecture with each other was bad news for Skylar. Rose sent a cloud of sparks to stop the two Minotaur movements.

Skylar: 37/44 HP

Minotaur 1: 15/24 HP (Paralyzed)

Minotaur 2: 24/24 HP (Paralyzed)

ID: 19029

BD: 5+3= 8 (hit)

MD: 3-2=1 (miss)

"Oh you two shouldn't have done that" The last hit was a break on Skylar's pride. Skylar watched them try to move  again, this time Rose kept them in place. While the Minotaurs could not move to hit him. Skylar stepped forward into a Minotaurs personal space, too punch it in the abdomen. 

Next he pulled off a split to avoid the second Minotaur punch. That gained it's movement back.

Ally:

Skylar: 37/44 HP

Enemy:

Minotaur 1: 8/24 HP

Minotaur 2: 24/24 HP

ID: 19032

BD: 2+3= 5 (miss)

MD: 9

"Wow you guys are pretty good. But it does take two of you to take me on. You cows!"  The two Minotaur's managed to grab a hold of Skylar and punch him a few times. {Man they managed to put a great hit on my HP bar.}

Rose rippled on his back sending sparks of electricity from it. The two Minotaurs got hit again, locking them in place. "Sucks to be the both of you!"

Ally:

Skylar: 33/44 HP

Enemy:

Minotaur 1: 8/24 HP (Paralyzed)

Minotaur 2: 24/24 HP (Paralyzed)

ID: 19136

BD: 4+3=7 (would have hit any way.)

MD: 4-2= 2 (would have missed any way.)

The Minotaurs stood still as the lightning from Rose kept them in place. Skylar walked to the closest one and punched. The Minotaur flew back crashing into a tree, before Skylar could hit the next one it already got loose. The second Minotaur moved to check on it's brother.

Ally:

Skylar: 33/44 HP

Enemy:

Minotaur 1: 1/24 HP (Paralyzed)

ID: 19139

BD: 3+3=6

MD: 9 (+1 dmg)

LD: 20+1= 21

CD:12

The Minotaur was checking on it's Ally. The chance for Skylar to strike was now. The forest almost covered the Minotaur but the smell was too hard to cover. Rutta growled when he got near the two.

"Thanks man!" It was a shot in the dark so Skylar was not sure which he hit. The answer came in the form of a back hand. That sent him flying. Rose shot off another spark that stopped the Minotaur. The extra light that illuminated the area did not reveal another Minotaur. Skylar stood to feel his battle kicking start.

Ally:

Skylar: 32/44 HP

Enemy:

Minotaur 1: -6/24 HP

Monster loot gain:

+2 Mats

+ 120 Col

ID: 19150

BD: 7+3=10 (hit for 7 dmg)

MD: 10= (miss due to paralysis)

"Let me see how well you can do without your friend! Never mind, you cannot move." Skylar walked up to the immobilized monster. "You thought it was fun too mess with me huh?"

*Bam*

Skylar punched hard enough to hear cracking sounds. The Minotaur lost health very fast, normally the hit would not hit as hard. Skylar was investing his skill points in his fighting so his hits hurt a lot more.

Ally:

Enemy:

Minotaur 2: 17/24 HP

ID: 19158

BD: 6+3=9 (hit for 7 dmg)

MD: 1

The fact that it was only one of them, made it a lot easier to fight.  Skylar decided to take his time a twirl around the monster, It lowered it's horns and charged. "Nice try loser!" He squatted and stuck a leg out. It was not really a karate move, but the Minotaur still took damage when it crashed.

Ally:

Enemy:

Minotaur 2: 10/24 HP

ID: 19284

BD: 5+3= 8 (hit for 7 dmge)

MD: 2

It was getting easier for Skylar to win. The Minotaur was still the same speed, the fact that Skylar only had to focus on one creature made it easier for him to win. The Minotaur was further away since it crashed, so Skylar used the <<Sprint and Acrobatics>> and <<Athletics>> skills to get close. Skylar leaped on the horns before being bringing his foot down, crashing it right in the nose. "Sorry! Not sorry!"

Ally:

Enemy:

Minotaur 2: 3/24 HP

ID: 19301

BD: 3+3=6 (hit)

LD: 19+1=20

"I think you are such a nice Minotaur and all but you are getting on my nerves."  Skylar got in position for his finishing move. "Snake Dancing Whirlwind" He started twisting his legs and hitting the Minotaur. When the health points dropped to zero he stopped for a breather. Fighting could be fun but three consecutive back to back battles could be tiring.

"Man you guys tired me out." Skylar checked the battle inventory to see if he got anything. "Hhmm, four recording crystals and 240 in Col. That's not bad at all. Now Rutta what should we look for next." 

Ally:

Enemy:

Minotaur 2: -4/24 HP

Monster loot gain:

+2 Mats

+ 120 Col

ID: 19515

LD:5(nothing)

ID: 19662

LD:5 (nothing)

Skylar checked all around for some more recording Crystals. Rutta took him to two different tree's none of them had a crystal for him to harvest. Everything was an empty slate that he could not benefit from. "Come on Rutta! Normally you are so much better at this. What is going on today friend." Skylar was very close to his cat, he felt that it was a living being that cared for him too. {Even if the cat knows have to give attitude to everyone.}

((Normally I do not do this. The thing is I skipped one by accident. So this time I put them together. Who am I talking to anyway? O.o))

• 3 weeks later...

ID: 21987

LD: 13+2= 15 (found one)

Skylar was not really able to find one by himself, luckily Rutta was able to find something. His leopard companion clawed at a nearby tree and growled. Skylar looked up to see an actual crystal at the top. Skylar climbed and made his way to the top, the crystal was beautiful and Skylar was glad to have another item he could use for later. "Great job Rutta!" It was a great feeling of accomplishment.