[PP-F5] The traveller {Azazel}

Hyun had made his way to the 5th floor for the first time, he had heard about a quest which would help him survive and if he wanted to get out alive he would have to do exactly that. Not only was the 5th floor plain and dry it was also freaking hot. The heat sun beat down on his back and he was already and he felt as though he was going to start to sweat "They couldn't just turn temperature senses off in the damn game could they.." He mumbled to himself. There was no pathway to floors main settlement, only sand, but he was prepared enough to have already had the location and how to get there given to him by brokers. This was yet only another step on his journey, he still had to do the earning a living quest so he could make some capital while he was around and get better gear. Hyun hated being weak, being weak meant you were bound for failure and he wasn't a failure, he had to be a cut above the rest. He was the type of person to strive for his goal until he reached it; no slacking off, no detours, no shortcuts, no stops for pleasure, the real reward, the real pleasure, was when he was on top. And that's how Hyun liked it. 

Hyun was finally at the main settlement and he was glad he was finally there, it wasn't his style of living but he wasn't planning on staying to have fun. Hyun still had the basic gear, some cloth clothing which lightly rested on his masculine figure and hand wraps which he recently obtained after finishing the breaking the unbreakable quest. It felt good to make use of a style of fighting he actually knew how to use. He turned entered the towns tavern and surely enough the cloaked figure was there awaiting him. The npc explained its sad story and gave him the quest, it would be a two day hike across the floor to deliver some goods which he didn't really care for. He wanted to get the rewards and move on, hopefully never seeing this floor again.

Anna had returned to the fifth floor. Last time she was here, she’d not finished the Traveler quest; it was largely due to the company she decided to keep for that mission. By the time they’d located the package, the time had expired and the quest was failed. That’s what she got for taking up with an idiot; she would not make that mistake again.  This time the woman had prepared; she had plenty of food and water for the trip and she even purchased a headscarf to keep the sand out of her eyes. She had the royal blue scarf already wrapped around her head and protecting her face. It’d been over a month since she’d left Absolute Pin and she still wasn’t in the mood to be recognized by anyone that might have known her from before. She was enjoying her anonymity that disappearing offered her.

The woman approached where she remembered the NPC to be; as she turned the corner to the alley where the NPC was, she smacked into something that knocked her to the ground. Her head scarf slipped off and onto the ground beside her as she fell onto her behind. She looked up to see what she’d run into, and it wasn’t what but whom.

“Oh… it’s you,†she said slightly surprised to see the man there. She’d not seen him before the guild meeting or since. 

Hyun had turned around so he could go do inventory before he headed off and to his surprise someone had bumped into him. The tiny figure fell on her ass and claimed to know him. He thought for a moment and smirked once he realised who she was. "Hmm? Oh right, you were at the guild meeting.." Hyun had not given her much thought back then, he was to tired to have been really paying attention but now that he took a better look at her she was rather cute. He didn't have much time to be idling around however, but he wondered if she was here for the same reason he was "By chance, are you here to complete the traveller quest? If so i could use some company" Hyun maintained eye contact with the woman and gave a canny smile, offering a helping hand so she could get up. 

"Umm yes, that was me." Anna said as she grabbed up her scarf and tossed it around her over her shoulders. The man extended a hand to her and she took it obligingly allowing the tall drink of water to pull her up off the floor with ease. 

"Yes I was just about to go speak to that NPC before I ran into you. I apologize for that, I was not paying attention to where I was going." She thought as to whether or not she should accept the man's invitation to party as the last time, it did not work in her favor. She bit her bottom lip as she looked at the rather good looking man wondering if he'd be of any use to her. At the very least she might be able to trip him up if any sandworms or sand sharks were to appear. He looked like he could keep a hungry mob full for awhile.  

"Alright then. We'll travel together." She agreed. The woman hurried off to talk to the NPC and returned to the man's side a minute or so later.  

"Shall we then?" 

Hyun rubbed his neck as she scurried over to the NPC to get the quest to. Somehow he felt he should keep an eye on her, normally when someone pauses to think on a common goal they are scheming something. She came back and asked if he was ready to head off, he nodded and made his way "Good. Let's head off before it gets dark" It didn't take long for them to get out of the main settlement, the road ahead, if you could call it a road, went on as far as the eye could see. Hyun rubbed the bottom of his jaw as he checked the map, it would indeed take at least one night to get to their destination. He frowned in dissatisfaction, and looked back over at the girl walking beside him, she'd have to keep him company until then. "You had some interesting answers back at the guild meeting... How do you know Mari?" Small talk it was. 

Anna felt a bit uneasy accepting the man's invitation. There was just something about this situation that didn't sit well with Anna. It probably had to do with Mari's speech but there was something she couldn't quite add up about the gentleman. Normally, she was quite intuitive about an individual, and with this one she could hardly get  read at all. This only made him more dangerous in her eyes. Tonight, she would sleep with both eyes open.  

They walked side by side silently and eventually left the city behind. Anna turned to look back at civilization for a moment still unable to shake this feeling she had deep in her gut. She watched as the buildings got smaller and smaller wondering if this might be the last time she would see them again. Azazel stole a side glance at the man before looking straight ahead again wishing she'd been more adept at her skills in alchemy. If only she had a way to poison or paralyze him if things ever fell out of her favor then she'd be far less nervous about going off with him. He was at least a foot taller than she was and certainly outweighed her by quite a bit; he could easily overpower her and finish her off before she could do anything about it. Azazel shook those thought from her mind and tried to focus. She had to finish this and come out alive, that was all there was to it. 

The man spoke to her finally and asked her how she'd met Mari. " Just by chance," She replied, I was told about an alchemist with rather impressive skills, so I went to see this person. It turned out to be Mari." Azazel explained. 

It was clear to Hyun that the woman beside him had zero trust in him, the way she spoke, the way she walked, the way she looked at him. It was obvious, but who could blame her, he was tall, muscular, dark, and intimidating. The thought slightly amused him however, considering he was merely a level 6, if she knew she probably wouldn't be as anxious but he wasn't about to admit his weakness to her. The two travelled together but they had not partied together and even then, levels could still be hidden. Hyun preferred to stay a mystery, it offered for a more... entertaining game or turn of events, so to speak, and this so happened to be one of them. Hyun rubbed his chin as she explained how she had met Mari, it was no surprise it had been by rumour of her talent, she gave off a monstrous aura which was just another thing that intrigued Hyun about her. "Hmm, what do you think about her?" He was rather interested to hear the opinions of other people, it helped him to learn, and helped him to adapt. Also it was just generally good knowledge, anything worth noting is always useful. 

“I haven’t quite made up my mind about her,†Anna said as soon as Hyun asked about Mari. Mari was something else. Every time she thought of the pretty pink haired woman’ she would remember the agreement she’d made; that she owed Mari a favor. One that could possibly mean the death of another player. When she said yes to the proposal, she had not fully thought of the repercussions of her decision, nor did she think about whom she would eventually have to kill. She pushed the thought out of her mind as she looked at the man rather blankly. “I’m sorry… did you say something,†she asked as she was quite a bit in a daze.

The winds began to blow and Azazel used her scarf to cover her face. The winds in this part were rather abrasive, and she remembered her skin being blasted and sand worn by the end of her last mission. This time she was prepared to the weather.

CD: 6 safe

The woman seemed to space out shortly after barely answering his question, she hadn't made up her mind and lost herself in thought, there is definitely something about her relationship with Mari he doesn't know. She was definitely a cunning one but it was wise not to talk to much about those kinds of things, gossip often lead to trouble. Hyun turned his head to get a better look at her, you could tell a lot about a person simply by looking into their eyes. "Stay right where you are" A voice called out from behind them. It was a bandit most likely after the supplies they were travelling with. Hyun turned as the sand storm began to pick up, buffeting against his muscular chest and ruffling the thin fabric of his clothing. His hair was swept to the side as the harsh winds took a toll on his hp. Hyun wasn't sure what to make of the bandit but he definitely wasn't going to let him get his way, the last guy who did escaped with 1 hp and a sorry ass. He wondered if this character however was just an npc.

He shrugged and stared at the bandit "I know what you want. If you think you can take it then come and get it." The bandit stood stunned for a moment and grunted "You asked for it!" The bandit ran straight for him with its blade held high above his head. Hyun shuffled his leg back and waited for his approach. The bandit was at him now and brought the large machete down onto Hyun; he lifted his arm taking the hit and causing his left hand to be cut off just after deflecting its attack. Hyun groaned in pain but used the mans lunge to his advantage digging his right fist into the bandits stomach and lifting his entire body off the ground and in one swift motion lifted him above his head and slammed him back down into the ground winding him and causing a large red mark to appear in the centre of the bandits abdomen and winding him. Hyun straightened himself and brushed some sand off his shoulder and stared at the hand the bandit cut off. "Im not entirely sure what i expected to happen. I guess martial arts has its drawbacks." He frowned and stared down at the bandit as it scurried to its feet and spaced himself a fair distance away from Hyun. "Just stand and deliver!" 

ID:21496 CD: 1 BD:10 MD:8

~1 damage form storm, 1 hp regen out of combat

Hyun: 12/15

Npc Bandit: 6/10

BD: 6 (4 +2acc)

CD: 7 (SAFE)

Azazel was brought to by the sound of someone behind her. She lifted her head and turned around catching sight of a bandit. Before she could move or draw her weapon, her companion was upon the villain and attacked. Azazel drew her rapier and circled in quickly but couldn’t attack. The man she traveled with was in such close quarter and stupidly fighting the weapon carrying bandit with his bare hands. He took the hit which caused him to lose a hand and Anna was rather stunned at the display unfolding before her.

“Are you mad?† She said rather confused.

She snapped to and went in for the attack and ran her rapier through the Bandit evaporating it into nothing. She looked at the man and raised an eyebrow. “Where is your weapon?†she asked him curiously wondering why the hell he’d rush into a battle unarmed.

Azazel 46/46

Hyun: 12/15

Npc Bandit: 0/10 DEAD

• 3 weeks later...

When the bandit was destroyed his hand re-materialised as if it had never been cut off. Hyun smirked "Well that's handy" The woman looked at him rather surprised that he had no weapon. Naturally, this game was called sword art online after all. He turned to face her and massaged his wrist still glad that it wasn't permanent. "Don't worry to much about it, I'm no longer unarmed" Looked at her with a sly grin as he showed her his hand. He gathered his composure again and cleared his throat "It's a locked skill called martial arts. I don't use weapons and I'm a martial artist in real life so I was glad this game had such a skill. It's a lot more suited for my taste" Hyun briefly dusted himself off and examined the woman for a moment surprised she killed the thing straight after he hit it. 

Azazel rushed over to Hyun and took and grabbed him by the wrist stunned to see the hand had rematerialized. She looked up at him, “You’re an idiot!†She growled. “What sort of moron would enter a knife fight with his bare hands?† Anna looked up into the man’s sculpted face and found that she was a bit too close for comfort. The woman turned her eyes away and dropped his hand and shook his head. “It’s a stupid skill. It’s meant to save your ass when you lose your weapon, not as a primary means of defense. Even if you are big and muscular even one as small as myself and my Azurewrath, could slice you up before you could even strike us down.†She twirled her delicate rapier between her fingers.

“Care to take that wager?†She smiled as she sheathed her blade.

CD: 6    SAFE