[OP-F1] Humble Beginnings (RP and Combat)

It took Rand a fair amount of time to find any NPC's that had quests he felt capable of doing. It was not like other MMO's he had played in the past where there was a bright mark above their heads to indicate quests. He actually had to talk with the townsfolk and ask around for anyone who was looking for work. Rand hit the bonus when he entered a tavern and found a board filled with bounties, many of which looked way to tough for a single person.

"Ah!" Rand exclaimed and tapped his finger on one particular posting. 

Our live stock has recently been ravaged by wild beasts, mostly wolves, in the grasslands surrounding the city. 

We need adventurers like you to save us from this menace!

<Quest Type : Extermination>

<Goal : Kill 5 Wolves>

<Additional Rewards for Killing 5 Boars>

<NOTE : Difficulty will increase if undertaken by a Party!>

Would you like to accept this quest? <Yes> <No>

"If it's just in the grasslands, it should be easy enough to solo right?" Rand thought to himself. With a swipe of his hand he brought up his inventory and took stock of his gear. He was a level 1 and had been given a starting pack upon entering the game. The pack consisted of a Basic starting lance, basic cloth clothing and provisions for staying alive AKA food and water. It sucked he did not have any real armor, but then again starting with more than what Rand had could unbalance the game. He checked his skills and status windows. He had 5 HP.. not very much for starting... and had the light armor proficiency as well as training to make his attacks with a spear stronger.

"I could play it safe and try to start with a crafting job.. but.." Rand thought to himself for a moment and remembered the feeling he had when he was selecting his avatar. He truly wanted to test out the combat in this game. Rand hit the yes button and saw the quest added to his Journal. Rand took another look at his hp gauge of 5 and had a bad feeling about it. Maybe he had better see if anyone else was willing to undertake this quest with him. Resigned, Rand took a seat in a stool by the board and told himself he would wait a few minutes to see if any other players had similar aspirations

Mumble...mumble...urgh..need to level up further. Staying at this gloomy town shucks. 

Luminous wander the town, looking for things he can do. Junctions upon corners upon streets, the road seems endless. He realize this Town of Beginning have huge area than he anticipated. He give up with a sigh, too much walking bores him. Entering a nearby tavern, he slump down on a table. Face sticking to table, he turn to the left and notice a man sitting next to a board. Patiently waiting for someone, perhaps? Judging for his serious and conflicted face, he seems to be worried about something. Looking at his fresh, clean armor, it could be that he never went out from the town too.

His chances for leveling sit there. He can get new acquaintance, talk about killing two birds with one stone. Lifting his butt from chair, he approach the man.

Hello there, you seem to be waiting for someone? Going out for a quest? My name is Luminous.

Youno was following Luminous, and then she saw him talk to a man. She adjusted her clothing, and fixed her hair, she dashed out, and leaped over Luminous, using his shoulders as a boost, she landed in front, And I am Hasai! Nice to meet you! They seemed synchronized, or at least that is what she made it look like. She then gave a wiry smile, How you doing Luminous? She was happy to be able to interact again, had he noticed she was following him earlier? He seemed stronger than before, that is for sure.

Rand looked up from his contemplation to see a man approaching him. This was probably one of the people he had been waiting for. The man introduced himself as Luminous and Rand extended his hand to introduce him when, A Wild Hasai Appeared!... or rather a young woman vaulted over Luminous's shoulders to land in front of him, introducing herself as Hasai. These two seemed to know each other from beforehand, though Rand's initial impression of these two seemed to mark them as good people.

"Greetings. I am called Rand" He said as he finally found his voice after the acrobatic display. Rand fiddled with his display panel and pulled up the hunting quest that he had retrieved from the bounty board and showed his new companions. "It seems like a pretty basic quest, but since it is my first time here I am a little nervous about soloing it.". Rand looked over their gear as he spoke, both of them seemed to be one handed sword users. Though Hasai used a rapier while Luminous used a more traditional sword. That was good, there would be some variation in their fighting styles.

"If you guys want to party up with me for this it would be appreciated. The quest says it scales with the party so I am sure it could get pretty interesting" Rand said, hoping they would come with him.

Youno gave a large smile, I would love to help! What level are you, if you mind me asking? The monsters will be in accordance to the highest level player, which I think is me? Youno happily invited the two men into a party. She sent a friend request, and stood still, fixing her skirt and shirt she gave a ^.^ face.

"I am still just a level 1" Rand replied while bringing up his party window and punching the "accept" button. As soon as he pressed the button a second health bar joined his in the upper right hand corner. "Hasai" was followed by a green health bar. It was good to know he would be able to monitor the parties health while they were adventuring in the field, though it was not like he had any healing items to support anyone with. At least Rand would know when they were in trouble, though from Hasai was saying, it was far more likely he would be the one to weight down the party if anything.

"Are you in the mood to join us Luminous?" Rand asked, somewhat eager to begin the quest and learn more about this world.

Youno smiled, Well, Luminous is going if he wants to or not! she gave a wicked smile. Then she looked at Rand, as if seeing his soul, You won't be a setback, don't worry! If anything, you will be a big help, the amount of players a team has is important, you are a big role to this party.

Rand glanced at Luminous and saw no objection to Hasai's claim and shrugged his shoulders. Rand brought up his map and zoomed out on the map to view the outskirts of the city where the quest had said the enemies would be located.

"It would appear that out target is not in a particular spot on the map" Rand told the party as he viewed the map. "They are more or less all over the grasslands surrounding this town." Rand looked at his quest marker and noticed the number of enemies still stayed the same, though a new notification had appeared underneath the "Optional Tab"

<?????? Will now randomly appear in the field>

"Umm do any of you have any idea what that quest notification means?" Rand asked his new companions. One way or another they were bound to find out during their hunt. The fact that an unknown enemy could be waiting for them out there was unsettling to say the least. "If not... we should probably get the show on the road"

Feeling heavy all of the sudden, he turn around to see Hasai. She skilfully vault over Luminous and land in front of Rand. She then introduced herself to Rand. Dumbfounded for awhile, Luminous stare blankly at her back until Rand asked Luminous if he want to join him questing.

Hasai help him answer that question. Smiling at her cheerfulness, he shrug his shoulder and press the accept button for theq quest confirmation.

Looks like some sort of unknown monster or something. Boss, maybe? Well we can start whenever you want. 

Youno gave a huge smiled It doesn't matter, because we will beat it together! Let's go! she started to do flips and hand springs all the way to the field, and when she entered it, her face grew serious and she walked normally, almost as if they COULD die.... She let out a small sigh, You guys coming?!? the guys were behind Youno.(Most monsters should have half highest level player's health and deal 1 or 2 dmg! Minibosses should deal 3-5 dmg and have 10 hp, must stay under half hp of player, however you can add buffs when we are fighting him such as he makes it so we have -1 to the BD remember to use the perma roller.)

Rand crept about the grassy plains surrounding the town. It may have been because there were so many new players, but there was not a single mob for the first few minutes. He had been told monster respawns were very slow to keep someone from staying in a single spot and grinding out levels. A bush twitched to his right and Rand spun and readied his spear to defend himself, when a small white rabbit jumped out onto the field. Rand relaxed and let out a bit of a laugh and turned to his party feeling a little foolish. Rand hear the bush rustle again behind him and turned to see a large wolf springing out of the same bush towards him.

ID : 19865 BD: 7 Wolf Hits Rand for 1 HPs. Rand is now <4/5>

The wolf lashed out at the surprised Rand, it's teeth sinking into his arm before he should shake the beast off. The wolf jumped back after his first attack and another 2 wolves joined the first to growl hungrily at the party.

<Wolf 1> 5/5 hp 1 atk

<Wolf 2> 5/5 hp 1 atk

<Wolf 3> 5/5 hp 1 atk

With a spin of his spear, Rand thrust forward hoping to score a hit on the first wolf that had appeared.

ID : 19866 BD=8. Rand hits Wolf 1 for 1 damaged. <Wolf 1> Hp = 4/5.

Rand smiled as he felt the spear sink into wolf-flesh. Maybe what he felt was satisfaction at getting revenge for that surprise attack the wolf had launched on him, but Rand was really getting into the battle now.

ID 19867  BD: 10  MD: 5

The plain of grass stretch as far as his eyes can see. Deep blue sky draws him closer and closer to sleep. Closing his mouth as he yawns several time, he look straight at Rand from the back. Rand walks carefully, scanning the areas around as he search for his target, hands ready at his spear. Despite being a new player, his movement belies everything he think of a new player should do. Ashamed at his own noobish act done before, he determined to bring out his best today in this quest.

Rand suddenly readied his spear. In the spur of moment, Luminous draw his Silver Sword out from its sheath. The blade reflects the sun perfectly. A white rabbit jumps out of from nearby bush, easing their guard as they react over something that won't harm them. As Luminous laugh, a wolf jumps out of bush and attack Rand from behind. Rand attack and manage to hit it. Two more wolf come out from their hiding, signalling the beginning of their battle. 

Luminous follows suit. Deftly spinning his sword with his hand, he aims for the head of the first wolf. Out of sheer luck, Luminous strike it right after it attack Rand, taking it off guard. He land a critical blow, ending the life of their first enemy. Generating 2 hate, the wolves turn their attention to him. They lashes out with their claws, only to find themselves barely missing him.

Hell yeah, that's what you get for ambushing us!

Luminous attack Wolf 1. Critical hit.

Damage dealt: 5 (+2 Crit, +1 Base, +2 Enhancement)

Wolf attack Luminous. Miss

Wolf 1: 0/5

Wolf 2: 5/5

Wolf 3: 5/5

Luminous: 11/11

Hasai: 21/21

Rand: 4/5

ID : 20056 BD=7 Rand hits Wolf 2 for 2 damage.

Rand gave a shout of approval as Luminous finished off the first of the wolves. Focusing himself he knew that he had to do his part too. He may be the lowest level of the party but he was never one to just sit back and leech off other party members hard world. Rand whipped his spear in a short circuit and lashed out with a flurry of short thrusts.

ID : 20057 BD=2 Wolf 2 misses.

Rand had scored a solid hit on the beast but still it came towards him relentlessly. It lunged out more at Rand, but he had seen this attack routine up close not a moment before. Rand slid to the side and used the shaft of his spear to push the beast to the ground. Rand turned to see the third and last wolf was stalking towards Hasai. For some reason she was not reacting to it's advance. Perhaps is was some terrible form of server lag. There was no way Rand could make it to the last wolf in time. Rand dashes with all his speed and hurled his spear at the wolf.

ID: 20060 BD=8 Rand hits Wolf 3 for 2 damage.

The spear stuck deep into the third wolf and threw it to the ground. Rand finally made it there as it was getting up off the ground with a look of pure loathing in it's canine eyes.

ID: 20059 BD=8 Wolf 3 hits Rand for 1 damage.

Rand managed to grab hold of his spear and pull it loose, but the wolf promptly lunged and sank its rabid fangs into Rand's thigh. 

Wolf 1: <dead>

Wolf 2: 3/5 <1 hate on Rand>

Wolf 3: 3/5 <1 hate on Rand>

Rand: 3/5

ID 20129  BD: 5  MD: 1

Giving it his all, Rand show off perfect control over his spear. Deftly spinning it around, he stab and pierce through the wolves with skills that match his level. Low levels doesn't reflect your weakness, a lesson learn by watching Rand. Still, being a low levels reflect his low stats. His health easily reach the yellow zone.

Praying for him to level up after this, Luminous attack once more after Rand give those wolves hell. A slash over wide arc aiming for the second wolf, sadly it didn't hit. He manage to force the wolves to back away from them.

ID 20130  BD: 9  MD: 8

He push ahead, not stopping his momentum from the attack earlier. Sword ready at his waist, Luminous jump towards the third wolf and swing his sword down. Unable to back away, the sword hit the wolf's head hard. With a loud sound of skull cracking, the third wolf instantly lie down, not moving. Luminous retreat back to where Rand stand, preparing himself for the last enemy.

Hasai, why don't you show us how high levels attack? You don't want to be left behind, do you?

Luminous attack Wolf 2. Miss

Wolf 2 attack. MIss

Luminous attack Wolf 3. Critical hit.

Damage dealt 4 (1 Base+ 2 Enhancement + 1 Crit)

Wolf 3 dead.

Wolf 1: Dead

Wolf 2: 3/5

Wolf 3: Dead

Rand: 3/5

ID: 20148

BD: 9

LD: 1

Youno nodde her head, I don't want to overkill, so in order to kill it, I need to do a 3 hit attack. Which will make the wolf at 0 hp.

She gripped her rapier, and ran at the thing. She started her three hit combo, in which each hit did one dmg point, even if her swords base dmg was 2, she still devided her skills, she first did a simple jab, and the started her combo, upon finishing, she sheathed her rapier, and looked back at them with a kawaii ^.^ face. She had gotten no loot, but she did not care, There you go! I don't go for overkill, so I only had to hit it with 3 dmg points there is no use in overkilling. she fixed her dress and asked, What now? suddenly she spotted a huge wolf, Can we go and fight that? (since I spawned it I control it and I determine its health and attck pt. should this be the miniboss?)

Hasai 21/21

Luminous 15/15

Rand 5/5

Wolf 0/5

Wolf 0/5

Wolf 0/5

Rand sat down and began to eat  bread and water as soon as he saw Hasai taking on the last of the wolves. If only he had some healing potions, then he would be able to heal his HP even in the midst of battle. A popup appeared before him as he chewed indicating the quest progress was now 3/5 for the wolf extermination. Rand's HP bar slowly began to recover when Hasai pointed somewhere off in the distance. It was a wolf... but even from this distance Rand could tell it was huge. This thing was a hulking boss. Rand nodded to Hasai in response. That thing should be worth some good exp.

"Alright, lead the way" Rand said and took up his spear. His used water flask dropped to the ground and shattered into pixels. Rand laughed to himself as he thought about how impossible littering was in this world. His HP was once more in the green now.

Rand heals to 5/5 HP

-1 Bread

-1 Water

'Nicely done'. Sheathing his sword he sit down on his spot and relax for the next battle. Recovering his fatigue, Hasai pointed toward a wolf. Not ordinary one, this one could easily flick a player away with a swipe of a claw. Terrified, Luminous back away from them slowly. No way can he face such monstrosity at this level, no way.

Listen, I, uh.. have to go now. Maybe I can see you guys later? Sorry for the trouble.

He could never face those two after this. Not with his cowardly action just now. He would be the talk for his weakness. That will be no problem, he can handle stuff like that in real world. He's afraid of karma though.. but surely that thing doesn't exist in this game.

Yeah, everything would be fine.....

(Luminous leave the thread)

Youno watched him leave with a frown. We should still try and fight it, I will attack first so I generate the hate, if he starts hitting you, you need to hide behind me i your health turns low. This might be that ???? That has started spawning she fixed her clothing, Make sure everything is equipped

"Got it" Rand said and glanced back at the retreating Luminous. Maybe he was right to leave, perhaps this boss was a bit beyond his current level. Rand shook his head and took up a position behind Hasai. Levels were not everything in a game, his own experience was proof enough of that. As long as he did not get too crazy with his attacks, Rand figured he should be okay. Rand checked his status window, his HP was full, his weapon was still in good shape and there were no other enemies to be seen but the giant wolf.

"Lets do this"

• 3 weeks later...

Youno nodded her head, and ran at the big wolf, watching it closely, it seemed to have only grown bigger. She gripped her rapier, and ran at it, she activated pounding heart, and jabbed a heart shaped red line in the wolf's chest. She quickly did a backflip, and got out of the way, and spoke quickly, Switch! She gripped her rapier harder, and waited for Rand to attack the big bad wolf. She had taken a good portion of its damage away.

ID: 23657

BD: 8 + 1 = 9 (Hit!)

Hasai 31/31

Rand Al'Thor 11/11

Big Bad Wolf 10/16 (2 base damage)

Attack Order:

Hasai

Ran Al'Thor

Wolf