[SP-F3] <Worn out Welcome> (COMPLETE)

The stone path he walks right now have a strange similarity. As RPG player, he see this kind of road many times in his adventure inside the games he played. Medieval cities, kingdom, castles and the likes. This floor created with that setting in mine. Perfectly blending in with the environment, he enjoy every steps he took in this city. NPCs with their unique attire charms his heart. All he need would be a princess to further perfect that experience.

Looking for a princess wasn't the main reason he travels the third floor though. The quest to look for new armor entice him here. A quest for new players to have their first armor have been posted in the information board across taverns in Floor 1. Being the penniless guy he is, this quest would save him from spending cols.

Standing outside a peculiar two floor shop, he look around for player but found none He step inside to meet with the owner, happy as he got to meet it without waiting for turns.

Inside, the modest-sized shop choke full of clothes and armor with different varieties line up. Big to small, leather to heavy, anyone can find the armors they want here. Luminous scan through the shop for any movement. Instead of finding one, he heard the sounds of chattering from somewhere deep inside the store.

Luminous sit at the nearby stool and adjust his armor a little, Waiting for the owner of the voice to come out he did, but it just waste away his time. Waiting for full five minute  irritates him a little. Tapping his finger on the counter, he call for the owner of the shop. The talking ended and out came two person. An old couple who perfectly match each other, the old man have the face of someone who faces many hardships and experienced many things. The old woman gentle face and demeanor soothes his heart as he was reminded of his mother. The old woman questioned him when Luminous stops talking. Asking for his reasons to  visit their shop, Luminous ask the couples if they can make him armor for no cost.

The old man grumble at hearing no cost. In fact, he's ready to chase Luminous out from the shop, but old lady calm him before he can actually say anything to Luminous. Thanking her, Luminous give her details of armor he wanted; light armor where he can freely move without restraining his speed. The couples excuse themselves to discuss inside, and so he wait again for several minutes.

After a rather lengthy discussion (with the sound of an angry old man comforted by his wife), they agree to his request. The give him the details of what he should do. Getting 3 leathers from wild boar in the plains of Floor 1, Luminous accept it with a nod. Notification window pop out, asking for his confirmation in receiving the quest. Pressing the blue button, he thank the couple and sets out for his boar hunt.

<<Quest Begin>>

The teleportation gate glows blue as blue pixels merge together. Luminous appear, arriving at the Town of Beginning. Filled with gloomy players, he hurry along before his will infected by the atmosphere. Following the main routes leading outside, he reach his destination within no time. 

Scrolling through HUD, he equip his Silver Sword. Out of thin air it appears and manifest itself at his waist. Feeling the weight of the sword, he resume his journey looking for materials needed for his armor. He venture the plain further from city this time, wanting to see what lies beyond the vicinity of safe zone. 

Plain grass with nothing in sight, except for the dirt road he use right now. No players within sight but heck load of monsters in their place. Maybe he went too far from the town. He turn around to get away from this place, only to be greet by a boar. Drawing his Silver Sword, the beast ready itself to lunge at its prey.

ID 19935  BD: 1  MD: 2

Its blue fur on its back stand as it stares at Luminous. He calm himself down, not wanting to get scared or intimidated by a low level mobs. Burly built, the boar can frighten someone with weak heart and Luminous doesn't want that. Being the aggressive bastard it is, the boar take the initiative .

With speed beyond his expectation, the boar run head first at Luminous. Its two big white tusk would be an unpleasant thing to be hit with. He dodge out of its line of path, a bit ugly in his execution. No one will see his embarrassing moment anyway. Manage to put himself behind its back, he wait for the time where it will drop its guard.

BD roll 1: Critical failure

MD roll 2: Attack fail

Luminous: 13/13

Boar: 9/9

19938  BD: 7  MD: 8

Using the 'let your sword guide your hand' concept once more, he swing the sword and let system do the rest. He understood the meaning behind those said words. Rather than blindly using your swords like a fool, you need to let the system do what you desire after you set its course. Simple, yet hard to execute concept.

He can't do flashy moves yet, but the results what matters. Landing a hit would be enough for the time being. Still he can't let his guard down. Being overly cautious, he focus all his attention to the boar resulting in him being tripped over a stone. Overjoyed at his mistake, the boar happily run through Luminous like a road roller. 

Getting stepped on by heavy,smelly boar gives a very displeasing experience. After this, he will need to a find shower, or lake. As long as he can clean himself.

BD roll of 7. Successful attack. -3 HP.

MD roll of 8. Successful attack. -1 HP .

Luminous: 12/13

Boar: 6/9

ID 19945  BD: 2  MD: 3

His sword reflects the image of the boar. Under blazing sun two figure stand while staring at each other. The male ready himself for an opportunity to land another strike; burly boar lower itself while scratching the ground with its left leg on its back. Seconds passed, yet no one budge from their place.

With a loud snort, the boar begin its move. The first one to break the standstill, its head strong as elephant seeks Luminous. He swing his sword just as the boar about to ram him. They clash with each other, both sides push for the upper hand. It ends with a stalemate, no harm done to each other when they clash.

BD roll of 2. Attack fail.

MD roll of 3. Attack fail.

ID 19951  BD: 3  MD: 1

Sounds of metal clashing with hard object ring around the area for several times. Sparks fly everywhere as Luminous fend off attacks from the boar. Hitting the tusk, he manage to push it away easily. Simple minded creature, it lines of sight when it attacks are that of straight line, oblivious to things beside it. Luminous able to defend himself that way by concentrating his focus ahead. Still he can't find the right time to land a blow when he gets too focused on defending.

BD roll of 3. Attack failure.

MD roll of 1. Critical failure.

ID 19959  BD: 7  MD: 5

The battle drags on with both side wait for one of them to make some sort of mistake. Luminous calmly breath inside out, recovering from all the attack he defended just now. For someone who barely fight any battle, he did well in escaping series of attacks. He's up against a simple mob therefore no way he will lose to it easily. Pushing its luck in ragged state, the boar attack once more. Luminous take the chance in front and swing his sword in wide arc. Hitting it, the boar crash to the ground by with a loud thump.

BD roll of 7. -3 HP

MD roll of 5. Miss

Boar: 3/9

ID 19960  BD: 7  LD: 13  MD: 4

Gazing down at the boar lying down on his feet, Luminous raise his sword high. Pointing it downward with both hand on the handle he drive it down to its head. The sword dig into its head, delivering the final blow. It disappear from his sight with the sound of shattering crystal. Luminous check the item he gain from the fight just now.

Satisfied at what he gets, he resume his quest.

BD roll of 7. -3 HP

Boar: 0/9

Gain 1 mats and 45 col.

(Quest item: 1/3)

Having no companion in this quest makes him sad. It's not his style to ask help from others when he have problems, comfortable at the thought of no one will have to worry about him being a burden. One of this days he will join a guild where he can go for an adventure with other players.

That seems to be a short goal to be achieved. He decided to ask around later while readying himself for a boar. Pesky monster distracting him from thinking of his future. Cursing the boar, he begin the battle.

ID 19963  BD: 3  MD: 5

The sword slice the air with a swooshing sound. Getting hit by an attack like that will give someone the pain they will remember. If it hit that is. Luminous sword didn't find his target instead missing by a hair breadth. The boar scream and retaliate with a headbutt. Jumping away from the boar, Luminous frustrated by his slowness.

BD roll of 3. Attack failure

MD roll of 5. Attack failure.

ID 19964  BD: 7  MD: 3

If I'm a slowpoke,then I'll just have to hit you so hard you can't even stand up properly after this!

He kick the ground with his left foot, pushing himself forward. Raising the sword high, he swing it down hard to push him  forward even further. Unable to control his direction no longer, he thrust his sword forward. Treating everything he have as a weapon is one thing he can do to deal heavy damage.

The sword left a deep red mark in its head. His tactics work, well it's no tactic. Just reckless, pure attack filled with rage. As long as his able to damage his enemy, anything works. Unable to attack with the sword in its head, the boar struggle as its health point decrease slowly.

BD roll of 7. -3 HP

MD roll of 3. Attack failure.

ID 19984  BD: 7  MD: 8

Still holding his sword in place, the boar receive heavy damage. He smile unconsciously at the sight of seeing this boar struggle for its life. He let his guard down little by little until the hold on his sword become weak. Gaining advantage, the boar break free from Luminous's sword hold and tackle him over. Thrown away by the impact, he return to his senses. Cold blooded would be the last trait he want in this world.

BD roll of 7. -3 HP

MD roll of 8. -1 HP

Luminous: 11/13

Boar: 3/9

ID 19985 BD:10 LD:10 MD:10

Returning to his senses, he thinks calmly on how should he approach his enemy. He stab,slash,pierce and that bores him. What can he do to deliver the most effective and flashy attack?

Racking through his brain, he remembered the moves he use for attacking mobs effectively in most RPG he played. He could experiment that on this s enemy right now.

He readies himself, lowering his stance, sword near his waist, gazing at his enemy fiercely. He start running and jump high towards the boar.

He swings his sword down with everything he have. The blade come down crashing at the boar, dealing critical damage. Poor boar can't even move as everything happen in instant.

BD roll of 10. -5 HP

Luminous: 11/13

Boar: 0/9

Gain 1 material.

(2/3 Quest materials)

With a delicate touch from the handle to the tip of sword, he wipe the sword to clean it eventhough there's no blood. Just to look cool, particularly at himself as there's no one around him. Thinking pointlessly once more, he smile wryly with a sad expression. He continue his hunt, sword ready at hand all time.

Calling out the menu with a finger swipe on the empty air, he scroll through HUD and stop his finger at quest. Checking at the quest detail, he only need one more quest material. Everything goes well without any difficulties or unwanted incident. He hopes the next battle would be the same.

He close the HUD by swiping it away and saw a boar not far from his distance. This boar looks bulkier and wilder than the previous two. Gulping, he steel himself and approach the beast.

ID 20183  BD: 2  MD: 7

With a war cry, he charge at his enemy in the hopes of surprising it. The boar turn around, malice pouring out from its body as it stare at Luminous coldly. He can't sense it, the boar's hatred for him. The boar run and tackle him with great speed while Luminous still halfway towards it. The pain nearly knock him out flat, he hold out with his left hand on stomach.

BD roll of 2. Miss.

MD roll of 7. -2 HP

Luminous: 9/12

ID 20185  BD: 5  MD: 3

Biting his lips helps him from going panic. Never have he experience a pain so great before. Heart beat rising gradually, he tighten his grip on sword and face the boar running straight at him. No way he would let the beast tackle hiim again. Swing his sword down, it clash with the tusk and send both fighter stumbling backwards.

BD roll of 5. MIss.

MD roll of 3. Miss.

Luminous: 9/12

ID 20315  BD: 2  MD: 7

This beast must have survived a fight against player, or worse, kill them. Its movement shouldn't be this agile or reflexive. Luminous can't hit it normally like other boar. He swing his sword and easily it dodge it, tackling him instead when he is left unguarded.

ID 20316  BD: 1  MD: 2

Watching each other carefully, no one move a muscle. Silence hangs in the air as they silently analyze their opponent. How Luminous should move next, how can he fight this strong beast? Weird for him to be thinking this much. He just smile, he should use his brain for something more productive.

ID 20317  BD: 3  MD: 2

Again, the staring competition last for a while. His hesitating at this moment: should he run? Should he continue this fight? The boar can easily catch up to him if he run away, but if run fast enough then maybe he can reach a safe area somewhere in this plain...

ID 20318  BD: 9  MD: 6

Taking too much time thinking, the boar finally tired of waiting for Luminous. With a loud snort it charge ahead like a missile. Luminous, panicking, lashes out with his sword. All manners of slash done in rapid succession, hitting the boar accidentally in the process. Unperturbed by his weak swing, the boar run through Luminous. 

Damn it.....!

ID 20319  BD: 7  MD: 7

Still with his inelegant style of attacking, he manage to hit the boar again. However, this ineffective method of attacking just leave him unguarded and slowly eat away his stamina. The beast land another hit once more, finally stopping Luminous's erratic attack.

Luminous: 3/12

Boar: 2/9

ID 20320  BD: 2  MD: 9

Luminous field of vision narrows. He can't clearly see what lies ahead of him. Blinking several times just makes it even worse for his sight. Giving up, he close his eyes and think back at his happy moments...

Weird enough, he can't think of one...well, that would be wrong.

His family are all there, smiling at him. His father is strict, but it is for his own good, he understood that.

Why did he want to escape from reality that bad.

Surely he can hold out for just one or two more hardship.

I can only see their smile, but I can't feel their warmth. Try as I might, my hand won't reach them. I scream, but no sound can be heard. My cheek feels hot, my vision is getting watery. Screw this, I will reach them. I want to tell them how much I love them, how I live in denial.

Alas, they fade away before my finger can even reach them. Standing there, I could feel nothing anymore. But..

That is fine by me. I lived like a lifeless puppet for a long time. Loneliness are my friends. People are there for me, but I can't feel no warmth from them, it's alright.

I smile, my cheek flashing hot. Tears trickling down my face as I slowly open my eyes.

you_are_dead_sao_by_xsougox-d5k1l9y.png

Yeah. This is fine enough. My wish are finally granted as I can escape from reality. My family would be sad, but they can live strong enough without me.

Too bad that no one can have a satisfying death like the one I having. Still, it's weird for me to think that as I cry, right? 

Hahaha...

Luminous crash to the ground, breaking into million shards as he laugh. Until the end, his tears won't stop falling.

Thus, end his short tale in this death game.