[PP-F1] Outfitting the guild (Ebon Vanguard)

Axel grinned at the prospect that was proposed by Saix. A chance to fight a powerful enemy that probably meant good loot and lots of experience? "I'm game. I'm always up for a challenge. It certainly beats just standing here talking about our skills. Goin' out there should give us a chance to prove we're strong fighters...that, and it sounds like an overall fun time." He put his hands in his coat pockets and asked, "So, when will we head out?"

• "How about not before a proper supper... or... at least... some introductions?"

A faint smile curled the coral kisser of the little blonde lass that stepped eagerly in between the forming companions, having quietly wiggled here way through the growing crowds of being mid-city during mid-day. Two of the faces she'd known now for quite some time, one more excessively outside of the games as well. The other was still relatively new to her... but there was a blue haired girl, and this, this excited her most. She was dying from some much needed femininity to the guild, though she imagined by the looks of it, the majority of it would still be coming from her anyway; which was somewhat surprising, given who Inu was in the real world.

For a while there she was beginning to believe she'd be stuck with all boys this entire adventure - not that there wasn't some good that could come of that, but it was hardly as appealing as some might think. They were rough (luckily mostly with each other), loud, and thank the heavens she didn't have to coop with that real-life stink they always seemed to linger in! But they lacked any real comfort aside from sheer strength, and perhaps aside from the quiet times alone that she rarely seemed to sneak with Saix anymore. "The name's Inu," She finally peeped, reaching her hand out toward the girl. "I guess you could kind of see me as a sister of sorts now, aye?" Inu leaned in as if to whisper something, yet intentionally kept it loud enough for the others to hear. "Much more of a mother to these ones though..."

Giggling, the little one stuck her tongue out at her brother and Nine, then turned slowly in a circle to best view the group as a whole. "Wow... five members now... we're getting somewhere, aren't we?" That's when her lilac eyes caught site of Nine's new blade. A little squeal escaped as she excitedly stepped toward him, biting her lip as her cheeks flushed a light pink. "Can I see it?" She peeked up at him, "Please? It looks beautiful!"

Saix plopped a hand down atop Inu's head good naturedly as she revealed herself in a pleasant buzz of exuberance. "Yes, this one is Inu, she is a lieutenant along with Nine. Think of her as the balance point of the Guild, she keeps me from getting delusions of grandeur and trying to reach too far too fast." He says, a grin on his face as Inu wriggles free and begins to gush over Nine's sword. "However, she does have a point. Taking on the <> is not going to be an easy fight. It would do us good to grab a bite, make sure our gear is in working order, and head out to battle the <> in the morning." He pauses, seeming to think of Nikki's predicament for a moment, before bringing up his UI with a deft movement of his hand. "We can't have you going into battle with a broken shield, so why don't you use one of mine as a loaner?" He exclaims, a trade window popping up before her, showing the item <>, a small starter shield. Saix had replaced it in a nearby town with the higher quality Iron Banded Buckler before tackling the <> quest, and had simply left it sitting in his inventory.

9 Lives remained quiet as the others clammered on about their optimistic and hopeful desire to prove their worth. its not that he didn't appreciate their desire to prove their worth, he just didn't share their sunny disposition. then a voice he barely knew came in through the crowded streets adding one more happily enthusiastic voice to this guild which he was quickly becoming a minority to. He didn't appreciate her tone and speak about being 9Lives' mother. It was insulting to him and while he knew she meant no harm, it effected him none the less. Suddenly her attention narrowed in on him as she saw the new blade he had constructed.He made no response to her attitude and inquiry verbally. despite his desire to be obscure, there would be no getting away from her and he conceded displayed the blade for the young girl to view. she wouldn't able able to actually hold it but at least she could view the blade and see the design.

Nikki smiled politely as she shook the Inu's hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you Inu. I'm Nikki." the other woman's hand was soft and feminine, certainly a welcome feeling considering most of the gamers in SAO were men. She even smiled at Inu's comment, though she had feeling that woman might have been over exaggerating. Both Inu and Saix had suggested getting food and gear would be the best option before the fight and Nikki agreed with them fully, however she was also immediately gifted with a loaner shield from her new guild commander. It had been one of his own that he had previously used, that meant it worked.

Nikki quickly accepted the equipment and pulled up her own menu equipping it immediately. It appeared on her left arm in a blue flash and she immediately began moving around testing its weight. It was approximately as big as her previous shield had been, though the iron rimming made it a little heavier. That was ok though, the increased weight was comforting to her. "Thank you sir" She said gratefully as she pulled up her menu and unequipped it, having been satisfied with it.

Axel smiled as the girl came up to them. He crossed his arms and watched as 9lives allowed her a glimpse of his sword which made him chuckle. It was always nice to see everyone interact...and to meet someone new. He looked to Nikki, noticing she got a new shield. "Nice...I would use a shield as well, but shields slow me down a bit. I like to get in, do some damage, get out and repeat...may not be courageous, but it's certainly smart. And smarts beat courage if you ask me. What's the point in doing something good if you die anyway?" He stated all this with a smile, punting his hands in his pockets. Saix and Inu said something about food, and he shrugged. "I'm all for getting some food...can't exactly remember the last time I ate to be honest." He laughed, putting a hand behind his head, scratching it.

• Nine's consistent silence and scowl always made Inu uneasy, but she tried hard to not let it show. Even if her thoughts were lost to questions, and curiosities, she knew would remain unanswered. Like... had she said or done something to upset him? Or was she truly just so unlikable? The little one brushed it off as she flashed her pearly whites toward Nine.

"It's beautiful, really! You're getting very good at your work. I can't wait to see what you do with my blade... you know... once I actually earn it..." She blushed softly, knowing full well she was the weak link of the group. Maybe that's why he didn't like her? At least that'd be more understandable then any other reason. Taking a deep breath, she turned back to the rest of the group, content that they too thought it was a good idea to go grab something to eat. A little leisure time never hurt anyone... and in fact, could do them much good. Especially with a newer member, and one still relatively so.

"Well then, follow me to the tavern? I hear there's supposed to be a band tonight! It should be fun..."

With that she pivoted on her heel, and began to stroll away. Peeking back only once with those large lilac eyes to make sure the others were following.

Moving on to tavern //

Click Link

9Lives remained quiet as usual pushed into the back of the armory. he didn't like crowds and now an entire guild of people he couldn't get away from were between himself and the doorway. the sensation of claustrophobia began to grow fuels by the constant dialog back and forth. he wished he was in battle, something to direct his mind. out in the quite fields were talk was either subtle and non invasive or directive in battle, he felt peaceful. others thought of the combat areas with anxiety and fear of death but for him it was serine and productive.

His eyebrow raised to Axels comment. another evasion user? perhaps this one would become a striker like he was. 9Lives loved the evasion and sprint dynamics wanting to invest heavily in it in the future but at the present he focused all his attention on damage output. he would make use of tanks to mitigate his damage and Parry when necessary. Inu's voice silenced the others in his mind as he commented on his sword. the last words rang in his head. "...once i earn it..."

Interestingly he thought about the fact that they were equals in the guild. need she prove her worth to him? should it not be enough that Saix had assigned her the same value as Saix assigned Nine? No. 9Lives even tested his metal with Saix in battle whom was the organizer of the guild. Ranks didn't mean anything to him. every player who sought his work needed to prove their loyalty to the guild and the guilds mission. more over they needed to prove that they would wield it with strength and courage. If she understood that she needed to earn his respect, then she had already taken the first step towards that goal.