[PP-F1] To Earn a Living (Chieri)

He sat at the edge of town with a look of contemplation on his face. Both his arms were folded in front of his chest, and the words of the questgiver rolled back and forth in his mind. "Collect these materials," he muttered, "and you can learn a profession."

The idea of being a Tailor made him laugh. A swordsman of any calibur needed a steady source of income, but needle and thread seemed sort of silly. Arc scratched at his head and pursed his lips, intent on the floor beyond the safe zone.

"Shouldn't be too hard to get mats," he decided, "but it's so boring to collect them alone..."

Chieri, after having a long talk with Ssendom had decided to go the route of the 'Artisan'  She had just gone and accepted the quest from the shop-keeper; and had to obtain 5 materials. She wasn't sure if it would be hard or not. She had her head tilted downward, not exactly looking where she was going. Her lips were pursed and she had started muttering to herself, going over the materials she needed, and how best to get them. She could fight, but not very well. Having being quite badly hurt after her very first outing with Lee. 

Now, she had to leave the safety of the town once more. "Why are you so meaaaan Aincraaad?" Chieri moaned, as she threw her arms up in the air in exasperation. She had just about stepped foot out of town when she had tripped over something, or someone. She fell forward, arms sprawled out in front of her, as she slid a few metres across the ground. "Arghh.."

Chieri had an awful habbit of being inattentive and clumsy, and this just so happened to be one of those times, she quickly rolled into a seated position rubbing the back of her head. "ow ow ow ow ow....Oh gosh, I'm so so sorry.." She muttered. Looking up at the man.

"...bwuh?" Arc blinked as his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of something hitting him. Since there was no pain in this world, Arc was mostly disoriented by the fact someone had made a sound of distress so close to him. "Uh... hey, are you ok?"

Aincrad was an unforgiving world. He furrowed his brow in concern as the girl apologized, offering a hand to help her up. "You should watch where you're going," he told her, "don't want to fall off the edge of the world or anything."

He waited with his hand extended, awkward an unsure whether or not she would accept the gesture. "You seem kind of distracted. Something troubling you?"

He blinked a few times when the realization hit him; he was being rude. "Ah, dang, I forgot," he murmured ansently, "I'm Arc."

Chieri gave the man a small frown as he asked if she was alright. "Yes, yes I am alright." She murmured, grumbling to herself. Chieri gave the man a wide grin. "I should watch that, but I have to admit, I'm a tad clumsy. I would probably still trip over something or..." She laughed, pointing toward him. "Someone, just the same!" She took his hand, and hauled herself up. "Hup! Thank you!" She said, gripping his hand tightly, now that she got a closer look, her blue eyes peered up at his. "ooh Handsome..." She muttered, feeling her cheeks burn as blood rushed to them.

"Oh, I am maybe a little distracted." Chieri said as she let the man's hand go. "I just got a quest to get a profession, but I need to get materials for it. I am not the best fighter." She laughed awkwardly as she scratched the back of her head, "I picked a Two Handed Straight Sword and am not the best with it. This is sort of my first MMORPG thing." 

He introduced himself, and Chieri offered him a warm, welcoming smile. "Pleasure to meet you. My name is Rach-err Chieri."

He thought he heard something muffled whisper from her lips as she blushed, but he chalked it up as embarrassment. "Two handed, huh?" he smiled warmly. "Maybe you can learn a thing or two from me- err, not that I'm some kind of pro or anything, but I know a little something about two handed swords."

The thought of teaching someone came as foreign to him, but an idea struck that gave him a perfect excuse. "I have an idea," he told her, "I can help you collect the materials to turn in for your quest. It'll help you get stronger so that you won't have to worry so much."

Normally, he might ask for compensation in return for menial tasks, but he felt like this merited an act of kindness. "Since this is your first MMO- sorry about that, by the way, they're not all totally demented- I don't mind showing you a few things."

He scrolled through his equipment and made sure everything was in place to make this relatively quick. "Now, let's see...

"Do you have everything you need to go out and fight?"

"Oh!? Can I?" Chieri asked excitedly, quickly - at least for her it was quickly...opening up the HUD, she pulled out her beginner 2 handed sword. She held it, with great difficultly. Barely lifting it up off the ground. "I know it's my fault for picking a weapon at random...but I guess learning this sort of thing is half the fun, right?" Chieri offered the man a earnest smile. Just happy to have met another person. Especially one who was so nice.

"Your help would be really appreciated! I want to collect materials for Mari too!" Chieri exclaimed, pointing toward her boots. "I need to  give her half my materials for the next few months. I could be a meanie and not get any, as half of nothing is nothing! But that is just silly. I wanted to show her my thanks for her kindness." Chieri then touched her hand to the necklace she was given by Ssendom. "Actually, almost everything I have is a gift...people are really lovely here." Chieri looked up at him. "You are too. I have everything I need!"

"Don't worry," he told her, "it may seem too heavy and overwhelming now, but this is still a game as you progress and put more points into the skill, the burden will feel a lot lighter. Your body won't even think twice about the weight." He slid the ornate bastard sword from his back and held it firmly in hand so she could see just how easy it would eventually be to wield. Levantine glowed a low blue and gold under the gentle sunlight of the first floor, it's black blade lengthier than most one handed swords, but shorter than most two handers.

"Extra materials...?" he asked absently, until he heard the next words come from her mouth. For Mari. Arc smirked slightly at that, wondering just how kind the woman really was when she wasn't busy pretending to be Miss Awful Person Killer Sociopath. "Aha, a debt to a friend. Sure, I can empathize with that. I don't mind."

It meant a bit extra work, but he didn't mind. Fighting a few mobs for experience and materials just meant a nice, relaxing day on the first floor. And maybe, Chieri would become stronger for it.

He let the weapon fall slowly to his side and gestured with his free hand toward the fields just beyond the Town. "Out there shouldn't prove too difficult for you," he told her, "and if you feel brave later, I can take you out toward the edge and you can fight something a little stronger. But only if you want."

Arc selected his inventory and opened trade, offering a single health potion to the blue haired girl. "Use this if things get too tight. It shouldn't be necessary, but victory lies in preparation."