[OP-F1] These eyes of mine

As I looked forth with these two eyes of mine, the only thing that I could see was my imminent death. I was surrounded by a pack of boars which darted a strange feeling inside my heart, it was electrifying my whole body. These two clenched fists of mine were the only weapons I had at time, as my sword just broke a few minutes before, I was unarmed and helpless.

My body was moving by itself as those beastly boars started ramming against me. I was pushed around like a meaningless ragdoll, as this was my first time playing this VRMMORPG called Sword Art Online. The only thing that offered protection was a simple and purple robe, the armor which it gave my was a bit low, it didn't a difference. Luckily for me, I was still wearing that mask of mine, at least I was going to fall with my face intact.

And in that moment, when I screamed from the top of my lungs... someone answered my desperate cry for help.

Scavenging for items in the first floor had been a total failure for Eris. Most of the important resources had been picked off by the strongest players and what was left could hardly even get her more experience. That simple thought had her wondering if it was time to move on and leave the Town of Beginnings. Sheathing her sword the pink haired player had finally relented herself to the fate of going back to the Inn empty handed.

On her way through the plains, her quick mind made calculations and something was not adding up. Just as she was sure that she had found the key to the element she was missing, the helpless scream woke her from her thoughts. Running as fast as she could, a certain part of her whisper that it could be a trap, but she couldn't ignore her curiosity let alone that almost animalistic part of her that wanted to defend.

Catching sight of the scene, she unsheathe her sword and prepared a charge attack while her strong legs moved as quickly as they could. Swinging with all her might, she pierced one boar before doing a twirl and striking it with the edge of her blade to get their attention.

"Prepare yourself to fight," She cried out to the fallen player, before she did another turn and sliced the air with her blade catching one of the charging boars in the neck. The other AI preparing to charge at her.

A girl was the last thing that I was expecting at that crucial moment, though she had something different. When I heard that crying voice of hers, something arose within me, a tingling sensation was spreading around through my entire body. That silky smooth pink hair which cascaded over her tall and graceful physique blinded me for a second, as when the boar started charging towards her, I was already between, taking the damage instead of her. I tried focusing desperately on the fight, but my attention was stolen by her bright turquoise eyes which were nothing more then full of life.

Though, I didn't give up there, as quickly as I could, I grasped hold of the boar, keeping it in its place, in order for her to strike with her razor-sharp sword.

It had been a wonderful day. The sky was clear, and everything seemed to just be great. The air smelled sweeter, the birds sang nicer, and even her sandwich tasted better. As far as Nikki was concerned it was just one of those good days. Or rather it was until someone's scream cut through the fields like a knife. It had been so random and out of place that at first she almost ignored it, half believing it to be a simple bug in the game. But something inside said that she had probably better go look anyways.

She had been scouting and clearing boar in the area for loot, and to her knowledge the only things that were in the direction of the scream were a few isolated boar herds. Quickly Nikki deposited her non essential items into her inventory and gathered her gear before setting off at a run towards the nearest herd of boar. She knew it had been just over the nearby hill, but when she got to the top of it she saw something she hadn't expected. A man, A woman, and a scattered handful of boar. This was a dangerous situation.

She stood at the top of a nearby hill evaluating the situation. She already knew she would help them, but she needed to make sure she did it right. She had counted 7 boars in total for that particular herd. It was certainly sizeable, and if there were a few level 2's or level 3's in there it could prove more than dangerous for the pair caught in its midst. Despite her level she knew that if she got stuck in the middle of that agro storm it would be trouble as well. But time seemed to be running out for the pair. The male had no weapon equipped and the female could only do so much. It was now or never.

Nikki charged as the male leapt foreword grabbing and stalling one of the boars. She would have to move fast now if she wanted to help. She activated her sprint ability and raced towards the group as fast as she could. Another beast had circled around behind them and had begun to charge at the female player, this is where Nikki would intercept and make her stand.

She raised her shield at the last moment as she collided with the boar at full speed, effectively intercepting its attack. A clang rang out like a bell as the boar bounced off of her shield, skipping along the ground until coming to a stop and pixelating right in front of everyone. She had managed a critical hit shield bash off of a sprint. In other words it was super effective. Nikki stood up standing at the female players back watching another pair of Mobs approach from behind.

She looked over her shoulder towards the male who was still holding the boar. "Do you have a weapon?" She asked hurriedly as she prepared fro another assault.

As I was striving to hold down that vicious boar, a few things arose within this head of mine. How cruel could life get, and for how long will it continue jesting with my soul? I’ve asked myself as a second person just answered my desperate cry for help. But in that moment my mind was completely baffled, as I just couldn't believe that not one, but two girls arrived to aid me outside of this terrible nightmare. Was I dreaming? Was this heaven? Or was I just about to fall and linger here, beneath its Gates?

Despite everything that happened thus far, there still was a small bit of fortune on my side, as my face was still hiding behind that mask of mine, therefore my reputation would not falter that much when the occurrence decides to end.

As I saw both of them engaging those vicious boars, the first thing that struck my head was that I shouldn't even think about approaching them after, as they might ravage me completely. I truly was blind for underestimating them, in spite of their unrivaled grace and beauty, they were deadly as poison.

The blue haired girl caught my attention by rushing a few words at me, I couldn’t understand all of them but she was asking something about a weapon, thus my first reaction was to scream out loud that I was unarmed. In that specific moment, I hoped that she was able to comprehend those words which slipped between my broken lips, words which rammed hard against that solid mask of mine.

My helplessness slowly started infuriating me, while a itching feeling had awaken beneath this rotten flesh of mine. It was always there, slumbering alongside this depraved soul of mine. In that single moment both of my eyes started reacting, drowning themselves like an anchor within a sea filled with nothing more then hate and dark intent. Even though my eyes were different, one crimson red while the other a pale purple, both of them shone with the exact same purpose.

She was delighted to see that he was alive. Most of all, that he was willing to help. As her sword struck the beast once more thanks to the stranger's help, Eris let out a victorious laugh as she struck the boar a second time, watching as it HP bar tick down even more. Two boars had been alright then, but as more and more kept approaching Eris knew that she couldn't handle them all.

Slicing the boar with another charge attack, that specific one pixelated away and Eris turned to the newcomer. A thankful smiled decorating her lips. If it hadn't been for the newcomer, she'd probably be dead by then just like other player.

"My hero," She grunted out, before turning to face the new threats. Shaking her head at the other players question, Eris charged another attack before sprinting to meet one of the boars attacking from the side.

"I don't think so," She called out in respond, before turning to evade the boars attack and striking it. Smiling in a predatory way, she was happy to see the ticking bar go down more than the other. With another slash that particular boar was gone, leaving her celebrating a small victory.

"You take care of my back and I take care of yours?" She cried out at the newcomer, before rushing back to stay close to her. The female must have been a higher level, because such skill was something that she had never seen.

Nikki could see that without intervention the male player would have been in a lot of trouble. He had no weapon equipped, and from what she was able to hear he was unarmed. That was a very big problem in SAO. There were however many reasons for being unarmed, assuming his hand to hand skill was high it may have been a preference of his, or the more likely scenario, his weapon broke. The female player seemed very competent with a blade and was able to dispatch the boars in a fairly easy manner. Still Nikki felt justified in helping considering how many players had actually died to herds of boar so far.

A small blush crept across her cheeks at the girls words. No one had ever called Nikki a hero, in this or any game. It felt good but tat the same time she wasn't sure what to say in response. In comics someone would always respond with something cute or clever, or even dutiful, but she had nothing. This would prove ok as in a flash the girl sprinted to the side to intercept another boar.

Another boar charged and Nikki met it with her shield, pressing the steel disc against its face. One thing she had noticed was that boars, despite having low attack and generally being weaker animals had the ability to push people around pretty well, and she was no exception. Her feet slid easily on the loose dirt until she jabbed it sharply and pressed it to the side. The boar fell over with the combined hit and lack of balance, it rolled over a few times and then stood to its feet, falling back to the outside line to attack again.

Nikki took a second now to assist the male player who was still fighting with the boar. He had it held in such a manner that a crit was easily achievable. She approached quickly, taking aim and jabbing the boar neatly in the throat. The critical hit succeeded and the boar pixelated like the others had. "Nice hold!" her voice was triumphant and full of life. With three players here these animals would be no problem, so long as everyone was careful.

Moments later the female player returned positioning close to Nikki. The plan now was to watch each others back giving them a better chance of removing the remaining boar without incident. The pair should have agro now, if not from all the remaining boar then most of them. Nikki knew at least the wounded one had agro on her, and she could see it circling along the outside of the fight. "Right, not many to go." Her response was cool and collected, she had no need to panic not now or ever. Soon this would be done, and soon they could rest.