[SP-F1] Earning A Living - Knights Smith

<>

"Well now, look what the cat dragged in..." Shard felt a frown forming on his face, the corners of his mouth wanting to drop to the earth. He was so tired, he really just didn't want to deal with this crazy smith and her antics any more. He had just spent an entire day and night running around and fighting for his life, so Shard felt slightly more entitled to being in a bad mood then usual. Still, as he stared blankly at the scowling smith, he knew there would ne no satisfaction in yelling or getting angry. Even if she was real, there would be none to have here, or anywhere else.

"I've got what you asked for." With a sigh, Shard steps out of the entrance and drops the mats on the counter, a loud thud echoing through the shop. Slowly, the NPC looks down, eyeing the mats for a moment while chewing on her pipe. With a small nod, she jumps up off her stool, wiping her hands on her dirty apron. With a few unintelligible murmurs the smith digs through a cabinet, pulling out a bag nearly a third her size, throwing it onto the counter before Shard. For a moment Shard stares at the bag questioningly, his eyebrow raised, before turning back to the smith.

"Open that up'n get over here. I'm gunna be show'n you how to make real armour- your earn't it." Thought the smith's soot covered face betrayed no emotion other then mild annoyance, shard could feel a hint of something like approval seep through the cantankerous woman's words. With a small nod, Shard places his hand on the bag, which his HUD identified as an <>. A small sigh of relief escapes his mouth, his eyes closing for a moment. He knew this was only the beginning.

"Get yer tall ass over here, boy! This woman ain't going to be training no daydreamer! Your here to learn, not dilly-dally! I swear I'll put the fear of me into ya you..."