[PP-F1] Midnight Rising With Zero Chances

The moon shimmered on her black hair. Mayonaka walked steadily down the market street. She observed closely as faces of familiars past. Mayonaka turned right into an alley to stop dead in her tracks. Two burly men daunted over a smaller child, demanding everything in his inventory. She surprised herself as she screamed at the fiends. Hey! Leave him alone! Pick on someone your own size! She immediately clasped her hand over her mouth. The men walked over to where she was standing. Their menacing swords clenched in their grasp. Own size? Are you suggesting we fight you, pipsqueak? The taller man scoffed. Mayonaka straightened her shoulders, clenched her fists and said rather loudly, Yes. That boy probably doesn't even have enough for himself to live! She said feeling stronger. The men looked at each other and with a silent agreement the taller one picked her up and tossed her carelessly her over his shoulder. Seems like you have move inventory than him! He laughed. Put me down you fool! Help! Mayonaka screeched. Keep her quiet! One hissed. Mayonaka bites the man as he tries to cover her mouth. She twisted in attempt to reach her sword. He grabbed a small vile out his pocket. He opened the cap and waved it under her nose. Her world became darker with every breath. Finally her body lay limp over the goons shoulder. They carried her through alley upon alley, deeper into the night. Eventually they made a bold move into a village but that was a mistake, someone was still lurking the streets.

"Ya' know, it's not a smart move to sneak through a village at night. Bad things could happen." On top of an old fasioned wind mill a boy looked down at the two men with a confident smirk on his face. His blue hair seemed to get into his silver eyes as the wind blew through the small village. As the large propellers of the wind mill moved with the wind, one completely covered the moon and the spot the boy was standing at, when the propeller had moved again, the boy was gone. "What the-!? Find that brat!" The two brutes threw Mayonaka aside and drew their weapons. They both went opposite directions, one went towards the wind mill and the other around where Mayonaka was tossed. As the brute by the wind mill searched around, he was greated by the silver blade of a sword popping out of a pile of hay and stabbing his chest. "Gah!" The man fell over and gripped his chest. "You brat! What did you do to me-?" The boy climbed out of the hay and looked down at him. "It's an effect of my sword, at night time, it can paralize whatever it cuts. However many stars are out depends on how long you stay paralized. The boy looked up at the sky and made a chuckle. "Looks like you should get comfy, because I'm seeing quite a few tonight." The other man looked over at the chuckle and snarled. "You little punk!" The man drew his axe and rushed the boy, who had just sidestepped and clenched his fist. "Eat this!" His fist was now incased in white light and he punched the man in the gut, sending his health to red. "Guys like you make me sick..." The boy said with disgust.

Zero had been sitting somewhat near to where Keith had been standing earlier and watched, with somewhat interest, the events unfold before him. He sat with his legs crossed and looked down at the girl laying on the floor. 'She seems to be in distress... Maybe I should help...' He sighed unsheathing his sword and stood up climbing onto one of the mills propellers. "Need some help?"

Her eyes target the boy talking on the windmill. She slowly opens her mouth and sighs. Yeah, I guess. One of those idiots paralyzed me, temporarily i hope, so I wouldn't run away. They were going to take my items but I wasn't about to let that happen. I had almost reached my sword, they're lucky. Mayonaka says with a grin. Remembering her sword, it was no longer in her holder. Have you happened to spot a sword lying around? She said while trying to look at the two boys.

Keith looked at the in game time and took a quick glance at the stars. "We got plenty a' time, the NPC guards will take these guys into a jail sooner or later. I'm Keith by the way." Keith said, nodding to the two. "So you lost your sword, huh? Well, that can't be hard to miss." Keith said, as he started to look for the sword.

Zero nodded agreeing with Keith and hanged onto the windmills propeller until it was near the ground. He hopped off landing on top of something hard. "Hm? I think I found your sword..." He kneeled down picking up the blade and walked over to the girl placing it beside her. "Here..." He stood up straight and looked at the paralyzed man. "Mind if I take care of him and his friend? The guards need the help and I have a crystal that should send them to the jail."

Mayonaka felt a sudden rush of life. She tried to lift her arm, it came up without hesitation. Mayonaka stood up and faced the boy and Thanked him for the return of her sword. She looked at the other boy and said And you, thank you for paralyzing these idiots, my gratitude to you is far beyond. As a reward for...saving me, She cringed at the word "saved" I will pay a meal for both of you in the morning when the shops open. She said while closing her eyes. Why did I get myself into this? Next time take out your sword! Mayonaka scolded herself internally. She brushed off the hay she had been tossed in and started walking towards the nearest tree. Mayonaka climbed the tree to the highest branch that would hold her for the night and looked back down at the two boys.

Keith scratched the back of his head while he looked at the in game time. "It might be a while before they open, and town guards seek out PKers if they stay too long. So I should probably hide somewhere..." Keith looked around and noticed the pile of hay. "Just tell me when the shops open. "And with that, he dived into the hay and waited.

Zero watched the two players going into opposite directions and looked at the man on the ground. He sheathed his sword and grabbed the mans hand opening his menu. "Irony will strike those who are unjust..." He moved the mans hand browsing through his things and sighed shaking his head. "Nothing useful, darn..." He set the mans hand down passing his hand through his white hair and took out a blue crystal placing it on the mans chest. He watched the man teleport and did the same to the other one before beginning to walk toward Mayonaka. "If you don't want to get chased then moved over to where the girl is and hide. The guards won't search that far and you can rest while you're at it..."

• 4 months later...

Keith poked his head out of the hay wagon and made a yawn, wiping drool off his lip and hay out of his blue hair. He wasn't exactly sleeping beauty after a night in the hay stack, mind you. He climbed out and wiped more hay off of his clothes, looking around for where the other two went. "Huh. Where are they?"

Mayonaka was sound asleep, until she fell out of the tree branch high off the ground. The cause of this was the blue haired boy that spoke, his voice startled her enough to fall through the laves and onto the ground. When she got up she scowled as she picked the leaves out of her deep purple hair.

Zero looked at the two as he leaned against a tree and slightly chuckled as he looked at the girl. "You alright there... Seemed like a pretty annoying fall, specially since you were asleep before doing so." He leaned forward and walked scratched his head. "Didn't realize you had all fallen asleep, guess I was rambling to myself all night long then. Don't believe I introduced myself yet much like you two, though one of you I already know," He looked at Keith and crossed his arms before returning his attention to the girl. "I'm Zero. What may yours be..."

Keith finally saw the other two and he walked over, brushing straw out of his hair as he arrived. "I'm Keith!" He said with a smile, as he outstreached his hands for the two to shake. "It's very nice to meet the both of you!" He said, waiting for the shakes.

Zero reached out and shook Keith's hand befofe retracting his own. He stepped back, leaning against the tree like before, and looked at the two players. "Well Mayonaka hope you don't mind me calling you May, it's easier to remember and it's a pretty cute nickname fit for a cute girl..." He crossed his arms and gave a glance at his surroundings seeing if anyone was nearby finding them empty. "So do either of you plan to do anything?"