[SP - F1] Day One

(OOC - So I kinda screwed up and kept attacking a dead mob, thanks for the help from PST

a1pijs.png

Hehehe sorry :P)

Elric attempted to follow the silvery hair'd woman through the crowd but lost sight of her. He knew she was heading out of town, which is exactly what he felt he should also do. After all, anyone who just sat around, was just waiting to die.

He returned to the grasslands he visited before, and stalked around until he found a lone boar grazing about.

Elric took a deep breath, "It was all or nothing now" he lunged at the boar with his curved sword striking a killing blow.

"Ehh, that was much easier than i expected. "

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 5/5

[boar(Elric)] 2/2

BOAR takes [2] Damage

Result:

Boar died before it could retaliate.

DICE

----

ID = 24583

Battle = 8  HIT

Craft = 4

Loot  = 12

MOB  = 6

Character = Elric

Time =  2015-07-14 10:44:42

After his adrenaline wore off, Elric decided it was smarter to go back to town and gather more information about the area before continuing onward.

He spent time scouting the area carefully avoiding battles, making mental notes of difficult terrain, monster spawns, and where other players had recently died.

He watched helplessly from a distance as a pack of boars trampled a young girl in the distance, shattering her into pieces.

"That could've been me," he thought to himself....

It was probably best not to get to involved with other people at the moment. Elric didn't want to be responsible for someone elses death.

Instead of lending assistance to others or finding parties to group up with, Elric scouted the grasslands for the rest of the day. He knew that if he was going to survive he would have to be prepared for whatever happened next.

As Elric headed back toward town, he over heard a group of players arguing with one another!

"He murdered him! I can't believe he murdered him," but Elric continued onward into town giving little thought to what they meant.

It was a reality however that would soon dawn on him sooner than he thought.

Elric spent the next passing few hours talking to NPCs in town, and finding out information about where the next city was.

He learned that the surrounding area was all Grasslands with some forest areas near by.

Another settlement called Horunka Village was less than a days hike away.

However to get there he would encounter more boars, wolves, worms, insects, and more on his way. He would need to be prepared. The more and more he learned about the dangers the more he thought he might need to look for some help.

But for now he would continue onward alone.

LEVEL UP [LV 2]

Finally Elric felt he was ready to leave town, and head off to the next settlement.

It was getting late and he was planning on using the cover of darkness to sneak through the grasslands undetected.

He left town alone, unaware he was being followed.

He managed to avoid several encounters with more boar, and even a wasp fly by.

It seemed like everything was safe, and that he would make it to the next settlement uneventful.

Just as he rounded a boulder, something caught him by the back of his shirt.

"Where do you think you're going, " called a demented sounding voice.

Elric managed to free himself, and scurry off into the dark, but he was being stalked.

The dark figure pulled out a blade, surely he was set on killing Elric for some reason.

"Why are you doing this ,"  Elric called out to him.

"Theres not enough room for us all," he retorted back as he rushed toward where he thought Elric was.

Elric knew he was done for, he was hiding behind a cluster of rocks in the middle of the grasslands. The dark figure would be on him at any moment.

Right before he was discovered however, a pack of wolves came out of the forest. They spotted the enemy player immediatly, giving chase.

"AHHHH," Elric could hear the player call in horror.

He didn't dare look back, and set off at a run back to the Town of Beginings.

(OOC - Think i'll try switching to first person)

It looks like the sun is starting to rise. I can't believe I spent all night wandering the streets of the Town of Beginings. I'm exhausted. But without any money I couldn't find a place to stay.... shame.

Oh well suppose I should try my luck again at another boar?

So as I started to head out of town again my stomach began to grumble. Oh man....I'm famished. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of these boars will drop something to eat...

Soon on the outside of town, I came across another boar. He was running about in a frenzy for who knows what reason, but it was good news for me. It didn't seem to be aware of me just yet, so I would get the first attack.

[COMBAT SQUENCE]

[Elric] 7/7

[boar(Elric)] 2/2

DICE

----

2ce2fj4.png

-----

Boar TAKES [2] Damage

Boar has been defeated. 

Result:

Yes! My surprised worked! As the boar ran about, I took the initative to catch it off gaurd. I sprang toward it, leaping with my blade, and sinking it into its back. The boar squealed, and disengrated, just as the other had done before.

I felt more confiedent today, that I had the day before, and I wasn't ready to retire just yet. I scouted around a bit more, looking for a tougher challenge. I by passed the smaller boars until I found one that looked slightly bigger. This one would definantly have more Hit Points, I was certain.

Again, I waited to attack, careful trying not to draw too much attention to myself, but something was off.

When i poked my head around my cover to see the boar it was gone.

Strange I thought....where could it have...

Suddenly behind me I heard the rushing of hooves against the ground. The boar had flanked me, it was stampeding toward my back.

[Combat Sequence]

[boar(Elric)] 3/3

[Elric] 7/7

DICE

---

o1bgk.png

---

Boar MISSES Elric

Elric HITS Boar

Boar TAKES [2] Damage

Result:

I managed to roll out of the way in just the nick of time. I immediatly followed up with a vertical slash to the boar's throat as it collided with the rock.

[Combat Sequence]

[boar(Elric)] 1/3

[Elric] 7/7

The boar staggers a bit, shakes it off, and charges again.

This time the boar hits home, knocking me off balance, but only for a moment.

I counter with a piercing attack to its eye.

DICE

---

13z4u1f.png

---

Boar HITS Elric dealing [1] Damage

Elric HITS Boar dealing [3] Critical Damage.

Boar has been defeated.

Result:

The boar falls dead, and disappears.

17 on loot

LOOT

---

no loot, MONSTER DOES NOT MEET REQUIREMENTS

But do i still gain +1 MAT for a high loot roll?

Elric:

Level: 2
HP: 6/7 (LV*2+3)
Damage: 2
PC: 9/10

DICE

---

259v3wi.png

----

I decided it was time to explore the wooded area of the first floor, and made my way to the edge of the forest. I could hear the wind moving through the trees, as the warm of the sunlight shined brightly through the foliage.

Deeper and deeper into the forest however, it started to grow dark. Perhaps, I should turn back, I thought?

As I made my way to retreat to saftey, I heard a buzzing sound. I leaped to my side quickly in an attempt to evade an incoming wasp. It was furious with me, for reasoning I couldn't understand why.

I thought I had evaded it, but I was sadly mistaken, the wasp's stinger grasp'd deeply into my arm, and I yelled in a fit of pain. It soon turned to rage, as I forced myself to remain standing; I retaliated with a point blank attack of my own.

[Combat Sequence]

[Wasp(Elric)] 4/4

[Elric] 7/7

[Wasp(Elric)] deals [3 Damage] Total Critcal to Elric

Elric deals [4 Damage] Total Critcal to [Wasp(Elric)]

[Wasp(Elric)] has been defeated!

Question

(Monsters that meet loot requirements now have 100% chance to drop 1 Material when killed. )

Does this mean I recieve +1 MAT, even with a low loot roll of 7?

LEVEL UP [LV 3]

Elric:

Level: 3
HP: 2/9 (LV*2+3)
PC: 10/15

I laid there for a moment, thinking about my near death experience. I could still hear buzzing in the distance, and knew that if I continued onward in my current state, I'd just be walking straight to my death. I managed to pull myself off the ground, still holding my arm as it throbbed in pain. I slowly, and carefully made my way back to town. I needed to avoid combat for the time being so I withdrew from the forest, and followed the path back to town.

I needed to find a place to rest for the night, didn't matter what quality of a place it was. As I had no money, I wouldn't be visiting any Inns regardess. I didn't care what anyone thought of me, I would sleep in the streets if I must. Nothing else mattered to me at the moment. I just needed to rest.

Result

+1 HP per turn out of combat

Elric:

HP: 3/9 (LV*2+3)
PC: 11/15

Elric:

HP: 3/9 (LV*2+3)
PC: 11/15

After wandering the streets for a bit I found a friendly NPCs home. I was able to convience them to let me stay the night in exchange for future col. Did it matter that I lied to an NPC? Did their lives matter as much as mine? Can they even really die? These are the thoughts that I had as I laid there, on the floor of an NPCs house. 

As the night progressed I have nightmares of something chasing me. A dark figure approached, " Where are you going," he laughed coldly.

"The games just getting started, " he said again.

Something grabbed me, and stabbed me through the heart, "There just isn't enough room for all of us!"

I bolted awake from my dream. Ugh, even my dreams are depressing.....

Result:

+ 1HP per turn out of combat.

Elric:

HP: 4/9 (LV*2+3)
PC: 12/15

Elric:

HP: 4/9 (LV*2+3)
PC: 12/15

With my stomach growling still, it was hard for me to focus on combat. Then suddenly I remembered I had food in my inventory the whole time! How could i be soo forgetful. I immediatly opened my inventory, withdrew some bread and water.

The bread was of poor quality but it had to do....

And can you believe the water tasted bad too? I didn't think that was possible, but as they say beggars cannot be choosers, or something like that. I never really paid much attention either way.

With my stomach ....somewhat....relieved from its starvation, I was ready to explore the town once again.

It was time to see what it had to offer.

I started with the restraunts, not entirely by choice, as again, I HAD NO MONEY, but rather because my sense of smell forced me to.

I stopped by a Japanse Cuisine store, the owner took pity on me, and offered me an apple to fight off my hunger.

He even gave me 200 col, I must've been a sorry sight.

Refrencing :

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/7910-f1-japanese-cuisine/?p=403567

I explored the town a bit further, and after teasing myself with things I couldn't afford, I started to get more realistic. I checked the prices of potions, and weapons at some of the near by shops. This gave me something to work toward.

Perhaps I would set up my own place of business soon.

After all killing can't be the only way to earn a living, right?

Result:

+1HP per turn out of combat

Elric:

HP: 5/9 (LV*2+3)
PC: 13/15

Elric:

HP: 5/9 (LV*2+3)
PC: 14/15

So thats what I decided to do. I would take up a profession, but which one?

I could use some new weapons....perhaps blacksmithing?  But dealing damage isn't my problem...surviving is...

Well how about being a tailor? But I could always find gear later I suppose...

Artisan? Trinkets are nice, but at my level what I really need are potions!

Alchemy it is then!

And so after debating with myself, I decided that I wanted to be an Alchemist.

Three days have passed so far in SAO. I really haven't accomplished much but atleast I'm alive. I'll do whatever it takes to continue, and survive!

Result:

+1 HP per turn while out of combat.

Elric:

HP: 6/9 (LV*2+3)
PC: 15/15

LEVEL UP [LV4]

This section will continue after

<<Earning a Living>> Quest  is completed.

---

Elric:

Level: 7
HP: 17/17

----

I had successfully set up my Alchemic Shop, and began working the days away over my pestal and motar. Each day would yeild a new creation....but sometimes a failure. But nonetheless I countinued about my days in SAO as if they were just normal days in the real world.

After a period of time it was like I had forgotten that I was trapped here. I was more relaxed, and not stressing about whether I was going to die each day. I was content with just making my vials of liquid. The only time I had to worry about anything, was when I ran out of materials.

But that day came sooner than I thought.