[PP-F1] One in the same (Xion)

I have this place I like to go to. Even though I'm still on the first floor, I feel like I'm starting to get a real routine down. After all the day's activities, especially days when I try to level, I need alone time. Well that's relative. I'm pretty much a solo player already but I still like time totally to myself. When I can just relax and think about the world around me. My spot is in the grasslands of the first floor right at the edge of Aincrad. I lay in the sun and let my mind wander. It's one of the few things I've come to enjoy. But today it was different. Today someone was. In. My. Spot. 

Xion was laying in the grass, looking into the sky and at the clouds of Aincrad. He had been here for a few hours, just relaxing, no shop to look after, no MOBS to hunt, just some nice time relaxing. He smiled, before putting his hands beneath his head, his sword and sheathe next to him. "This is the life..." he mumbled to himself, rather content with his new found spot. It was near perfect, it was surrounded by rocks which protected it from the wind, and it caught just enough sunlight to be pleasantly hot, but not too hot. 

I saw the guy laying there when I was still at least 100 feet away. If I was angry I didn't show it. I've been coming here for a little while now and I had grown attached to the solitude and calm it provided me. Now that I knew the spot no longer belonged to me I was a little dismayed. Having someone else there kind of defeated the purpose all together, but I was pretty worn out and had nothing else to do. I decided I'd have nothing to do with the guy an slowly walked over and laid down off to his right. As soon as I hit the grass I realized it truly was a beautiful day in Aincrad. Unfortunately my thoughts drifted back to the player next to me. "Please don't say something to me" I though. 

(OOC: please do say something haha)

"Nice day isn't it" Xion said as the player lied  down next to him, he didn't bother looking at the player, he simply talked and continued to look at the sky. "You know days like this are rare in SAO, days where you can forget about your worries, and enjoy the world... savour them" he said, smiling. 

Much to my dismay the unknown player began talking to me. But much to my surprise he said something I could agree with. Okay, maybe I'll entertain this. Hands clasped behind my head, I stared straight into the sky and said "People get all caught up in clearing that they don't take the time to appreciate this world. I'm guilty of that sometimes but there's not point in living here if we can't enjoy things like this." I said this cold and straight faced. I still haven't looked at him so I have no idea what his reaction will be. 

"You're a lower level than me...you haven't been concerned with clearing you have been concerned with leveling...but still 'tis a noble goal" Xion said in response, before getting up from his spot and looking at the player for the first time. He had light brown hair that almost looked ginger, with vibrant purple eyes. "My name is Xion...and you are?" he asked with a smile. 

Did that guy just say "'tis"? Oh man I really should have kept my mouth shut. Too late now. The player got up and looked over at me and for the first time I saw him as well. I couldn't really tell his age but he did have some long hair. And I'm a lower level than this guy too? I have to get myself in gear. Well at this point I couldn't very well ignore him. I stayed in the same position and spoke again: "Koumori. What made you come back here?" Maybe I'm too antagonistic for my own good. 

Xion laughed and looked down upon the player once more, maintaining his smile. "Simple Koumori...I needed a break. I spend all my time either grinding mobs for col and MATs or at my shop crafting items. I just needed a break, like you said sometimes we need to take a step back and appreciate the beauty of this world... And also 'tis is not that strange of a word, old English is a lost but elegant dialect" Xion had taken a slight offence to how Koumori react to him using 'tis, as Xion was British. 

I wasn't exactly annoyed at the guy but I felt like I could have some fun with this. After all, I couldn't totally let him off the hook after stealing my spot. Plus I had to keep my sarcastic attitude or I just wouldn't be me. ill just go for the low blow and insult his accent. "Oh really, mate. What kind of fixings do you make?" He could probably tell I didn't actually care, thanks to the unmistakably sly grin on my face. Your move. 

Edited by Koumori

Xion frowned as he heard the blatant mocking sarcasm in Koumori's voice "Very funny... I must inform you that only 'chavs' and the like speak like that in Britain, if you think we're a nation of artful dodgers then you are mistaken. Ah but what am I supposed to expect from a citizen of such a self absorbed nation" Xion said, if it was going to be a battle of insults, then he wasn't going quietly. That and he had the sophisticated British charm on his side. 

I should've guessed he'd be ready for me. He's not about to back down either. I'll give home what he wants too. If it's a game of jabs that I can do. This might not be an easy fight though. "You know, you're right" I said, "we do kind of eat like pigs don't we" I couldn't help but smile through this exchange. "But maybe if I had a silver spoon it wouldn't be as bad." I was hoping I would succeed in making him angry first so I continued , eyes closed to further the effect. "But don't worry. Im sure you're suuper popular so you've got nothing to worry about." Maybe I shouldn't have said that I was really shooting in the dark. For all I knew he could everyone's best friend or something. 

Xion almost laughed at the silver spoon comment, and had a retort ready too, but then Koumori mentioned the subject of friends. Xion's eyes grew wide, how could he tell? He had two friends in this world, and none in the other. To this he had no comeback, no witty comment, just anger. Xion felt it envelope him in a wave, his hand reaching for the Slicing Maelstrom on his back. "Don't you dare..." Xion said, trying to keep himself under control, he was easily angered when it came to the subject of friends, it was really the only way that somebody could get to him easily. 

His eyes narrowed when his hand gripped the handle of his blade, should he strike the player? No. That would be a bad idea, being an orange player is never a good thing.

And with that comment I knew I had struck a nerve. My appraisal was right on the mark. I shouldn't feel to proud about that though as I'm in the same boat as him. After seeing this reaction, even though my intent was to wind him up, I felt kind of guilty. I glanced over at him and saw the seathing anger, his hand gripping his blade. Oh boy this could end badly. I decided the right thing to do was man up and apologize. "Hey, I'm sorry dude. I didn't mean to hit you that hard. If it makes you feel any better I'm no different from you." I said all this sincerely for the first time in our conversation. After that I got to my feet to meet his gaze. 

Edited by Koumori

Xion looked at the man "Apology accepted, but I'm not finished" Xion knew that he had to do something or he would just stay angry, he never liked backing down, he was either going to be defeated to emerge victorious. "Duel me...half loss" he said, before sending the player a duel request, it was a bit one sided but this served two purposes. One, he would be able to see what the boy was like in battle, and two Xion would be able to relieve some of his anger. 

I was glad to see that Xion seemed to at least half accept my apology. Maybe I would end up being okay I though. Well as it turns out I was totally wrong about that too. Just when I thought things would cool down I saw the most ominous message since I logged into SAO. He wanted to duel me. I seriously had no idea what I was getting in to when I started this. "You want to duel me? I've never been in a duel before plus you have to be around 10 levels higher than me. That can't be fair." I said this with obvious concern. It was true of course. I had never been in a duel with another player so I was shocked to say the least. 

"Don't worry, the duel will end once you reach half health, and also I will stop the duel if there is risk of me killing you. Oh, and let me tell you something, I once duelled a player more than 12 levels higher than me, and I managed to deal 10 damage before he hit me once with a starter blade, to say the least, you should have a good chance. Heck, to make it fair, I'll give you the first strike" Xion said, drawing the Slicing Maelstrom.

It was a weapon that Xion had forged himself, it was a perfect craft, the highest possible quality, to the lower level player it must have looked intimidating, as electricity arced around the blade every now and then. 

I could tell he still had some malice towards me, but I could tell he was being truthful. It was only I half loss duel, the only thing that could be killed is my pride. In any case, it didn't seem like I had a choice. Of course I could have denied it but I still did feel bad for putting him in this state. I'll do my best to win. I'll never be the strongest if I never fight. "Okay I'll play. Let's duel!" I said as a dramatically swiped my hand over the accept button. The theatrics probably didn't help my position. 

Xion nodded, holding the Slicing Maelstrom diagonally in a defensive stance as he watched the duel timer count down. He was still seething with rage, a duel was probably a little harsh, but Xion had to get the anger out somehow. 'I'll make up to him after this' he thought, as the player had tried to be nice. 

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3..2..1...GO!

Xion smiled when he saw the timer reach zero, eager to see how the young man fared in battle. 

Edited by Xion