[PP-F1] [COMPLETED] Relieve the Boredom (Jevi)

Jevi seemed impressed that I was able to follow along. She smiled as she continued her explaination. From what she said this AoA seemed like a complete scam, swindling players and giving false credentials. Maybe some of them had started out with good intentions but if what she was saying was true than things were already beyond saving. When she was finished she opened up her bag so I could see the item inside: a teddy bear. A pathetic "huh" was all that came out of my lips when I first saw it. I couldn't understand why they'd go through such lengths for a teddy bear. I was expecting some sort of rare item or ore. Jevi told me it did hold value because of its hand crafted nature, but I was still skeptical. Either way, it was valuable for the girl. It didn't matter to me how much it was worth but it had to be given back to her. "Right. Well we have to give it back to her, but it's not that easy. If we don't take out the army too then all this will just happen again. Our only choice is too take them out." I paused as I contemplated the implications of what I had said. The two of us would have to go against a literal army. Were we up to it? I wished I could just give the bear back to the girl but that wouldnt solve anything. Looking back at her I chuckled, "Look what I just walked into." 

The girl looked forward with a serious look on her face, ~"Thats why I originally did not want anyone else getting involved...." she spoke softly, almost as if embarrassed to say it, ~"I... didn't want anyone else getting caught up in it.. and getting hurt.." She closed up the bag containing the item and placed it back onto her belt. ~"And if we don't want to be marked as player killers.... or get killed ourselves.. Using force against them would not be the smartest of options... If we are to do this.. given you actually do want to help... it needs to be something else.... something that will break them down from the inside and tear the group apart.. We could ask for help from higher level players, but they are probably too busy with the higher floors to bother with this."

She quickly turned from serious to flustered at my last comment. She said that she didn't want anyone involved because she didn't want anyone to get hurt. "Don't worry I don't think there'll be any problems there." I said maybe too confidently. Jevi quickly went back to being serious when she discussed the method in which we should engage the army. According to her, we'd risk death if we went in guns blazing so it would be better for us to find another way. That was fine with me. There's nothing wrong with the alternative approach. "Well I have no intention of killing anyone so a little bit of espionage sounds good to me. We can work out a plan of attack later, but for now we should deliver the bear and take the girl to safety. They might look for her again" I motioned for her to follow me out of the alley and then stopped as I realized I didn't know where to go. I turned back around and said "Maybe you should lead the way."

Jevi nodded in agreement, she liked the idea of getting the girl to safety. If her sources were right.. they really only worked on Floor One.. Maybe some on Floor Two. Where she might seem in more danger if she goes out onto the upper floors, as long as she stays in the safe zones she should be fine. ~"Come on, its right this way." Jevi took lead of the group again as they exited the alleyway and made their way towards the gates to the city.

Just before the large archway leading to the outskirts of town, there was a small inn, separate from the other buildings. ~"Hopefully shes still here." Jevi walked into the inn with Koumori following her. The first floor was set up like a small tavern, some tables with various players sitting at each of them, not many of the tables were empty. Sitting at a small table in the corner was a small girl, looking down at the wooden table in front of her. Her feet could not even touch the floor, and her features told that she may have been as young as 6 or 7. Jevi gestured for Koumori to follow her to the table.

I followed Jevi as she exited the alleyway and headed to the front of town. I thought for a second she might be leading me outside the safe zone before she made an abrupt turn at pretty much the last building before the gates. I looked up at the sign before we entered and saw that it was an in, although you probably wouldn't know that when you entered. What greeted us when we walked in was what looked like a tavern and a full one at that. Practically every table was full with people chatting away. Jevi was surveying the place left and right until her head stopped moving and she gestured me to follow. I turned my head to see what she was looking at. It was a young girl, and I mean a young girl. As we got closer to her I was positive that she could be no older than 7 years old. I had not heard of anyone in this game being so young. Where were her parents? More importantly, what kind of toll could this game be taking on her body. I leaned in closer to Jevi and whispered. "She's a player right? Ive never heard of a player being so young. We approached the table and smiled before sitting down. The girl had already met Jevi so she didn't seem worried about her but the girl kept looking at me strangely. Deciding I should try and reassure her that I wasn't bad I introduced myself. "Hello, I'm Koumori. I'm a friend of Jevi's. What's your name?" I said to the girl very politely. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jevi walked up to the table, Koumori following. Immediately upon walking towards the table, the young girl kept looking at Jevi with an unsure face.. her eyes kept darting back to Koumori. Koumori was not even sure the girl was a player, being how young she was. Jevi looked at the girl with a frown before turning to the male player following her, ~"Positive... she told me she came into the game with her older brother to spend more time with him.. but he died protecting her only a couple of weeks in..." her tone was low and full of sorrow. Jevi put up a hand as she sat down at the table across from her, ~"Its okay, hun. He helped me out." Immediately, it seemed like the girl calmed down as she let out a sigh of relief and smiled brightly at the two. "H-Hi again, Jevi. Did you find it?" 

With a smile, the purple haired girl reached to the bag on her waist and handed it over the table. ~"Yup. Safe and sound." The girl's eyes lit up as she looked at the bag, opening it as if it were a gift on Christmas and hugging the contents tightly in her arms. "Thank you so much Jevi... and Kou-mori." she struggled slightly to say the boy's name. The young girl then opened up her menu and began a transaction of col to send to the two. Jevi then reached her hand across the table, placing it on the young girl's, and pushing it back down to the table. She then smiled and shook her head, ~"I told you when earlier, I don't want money for helping you." As she admitted it, she turned to Koumori with a smirk. She knew she told the man before that she only did it for the money.. but she merely wanted to see if he would still be willing to help, or if he would judge her for doing so. 

Exiting the inn, the purple haired girl opened up her menu and sent a friend request over to her companion for the day. ~"Koumori, thank you for the help today. Probably would have gotten my ass beat if you didn't help me get away."  She put her hand on his shoulder, ~"Stay in touch. If you ever need help with something, don't be afraid to ask. I owe you that much." 

Edited by Jevi
  • 3 weeks later...

As we approached Jevi assured me that the girl was in fact a player, which still came as a shock. Not only that, she had come with her older brother who had died protecting her. That had to have been one of the sadest storied I'd heard in SAO so far. "That's horrible." I said looking to the ground. We walked to the girls table and took our seats in front of her. She looked pretty skeptical of me so Jevi assured her that I was a friend. Once she was more comfortable she greeted Jevi and asked if she found her toy. With a smile Jevi reached into her bag and pulled out the bear. Her little eyes lit up and opened wide as she reached forward and took it into her arms. It was almost reassuring to see that she could still be so happy after all that had happened to her. She began to thank us but began to struggle with my name, at which I chuckled. "It's okay, you can call me Kou if that would be easier" I said with a smile. The girl then began to pull up her menu for a col exchange before Jevi reached out a hand to stop her saying she didn't want money for helping her. Jevi retracted her hand and turned to me with a grin. She had told me earlier that she was only in it for the money. I wondered why she would've said that if it wasn't true and I wasn't too sure if it was originally. I whispered to her "I had a feeling". After saying our goodbyes to the girl we stood up and exited the inn before I sudden friend request stopped me. I turned and Jevi placed her hand on my shoulder and sincerely thanked me for all my help. I smiled at her offer. "You're welcome. I thought you were a bad guy when I first saw you, I'm glad that's not true. But hey you're pretty tough I think you could've handled them. " I said with a chuckled. I looked down and brought up my right hand to accept her friend request. My list was growing and oddly it was mostly girls. What was that all about? "Will do and the same goes for you. I look forward to our future team ups. Maybe try and hit the army on of these days." I sensed that this was the signal of our parting for the day so I got ready to say goodbye before I remembered something. I was actually supposed to meet with someone hours ago and I had totally forgotten. "Crap. I'm sorry I was supposed to meet a friend earlier and I totally forgot! PM me soon!" I turned on my heels and began running off with my hand over my shoulder in a wave. When would I see her again? 

(That was the best way I could think for him to suddenly leave. I hope it wasn't rude haha.)

COMPLETED

Koumori +200 Col +1 SP

Jevi +200 Col +1 SP

Edited by Koumori