[PP-F1] A Meeting of the Odd ones

While Vasth was in the bar a person walks in and sit's next to him.

"Give me a cup of wine please." (Add your colour and text if you have one) he said,As Vasth looked over his face was quite feminine.

"Yes sir." Said the NPCVasth watches as the NPC pours a cup of wine and give it to the guy.He gulps it down straight away. Vasth's jaw's dropped How fast can he drink?

"Another one!" he shouts. Vasth turns away and eat his food for the time being.

It had been a long and tiring day for the ever growing in popularity performer and sometimes, you just needed to get away from all the public. Astraeus found himself upon a quaint little place, a bar? A pub? He questioned such a place to be in an online game with children in it. But that was besides the point, and he wondered...if he should even step inside. For a brief moment, there was a hint of his past crawling around on his skin. Alcohol had been his friend for many years and he drank himself into a stupor so many times. Perhaps it was best to just--

"One drink! What can be the harm in that?" Astraeus nodded to himself and opened the doors of the would be bar and restaurant. His eyes flashed with blue as he looked around the crowded establishment. There was perhaps a seat or two not taken by the other residents, and he sighed once more. He was surrounded by people all day long and this facade of his was growing weary and wearing him thin. Alas, he could not escape the nature that he wrought upon himself. He soldiers on into the bar and took a seat by a fellow who was indulging in some tasty looking food. The NPC Owner looked him up and down, "What can I get you friend?"

"A glass of red wine, Monsieur!" he smiled as he tapped his manicured nails against the bar table. The fellow next to him caught a gaze of the mystery person next to him, more than likely perplexed by the look of this strange individual. Yes, he has grown accustomed to the odd look or two, so this...other player was no different than the rest. He noticed eyes on him as well when he walked in, wearing those thigh high boots, and showing so much skin around the hips, it was almost like he was a cross dresser. Though he retrofitted his avatar's face with a more feminine look, Astra's real world appearance could be likened to what some of these anime hyped people would call a bishonen, or simply put: Pretty Boy. And this was the look he was given now thanks to what he calls the Mirror Prank in Starting City when the GM announced their christening into this Death Game.

The barkeeper didn't take too long to make this wine appear before him, Astra had to examine the glass with his dainty fingers over the crystalline figure, and taking a whiff of the contents inside. It smelled like alcohol, it looked like red wine...but the taste? Did it taste like it? Astra gave a look, as he promised himself...One drink, one drink only, do it fast and get out!

Swish, gulp, slam!

"Another!" he shouted. "Maybe...just one more..."

Edited by Astraeus
fixing some inconsistancies

After Vasth finished his meal,he moved over to the bar and sat next to the man with the wine. 

"Can I have a drink please." Vasth asked the bartender.

"As you say sir." 
Vasth open his menu and looked around.

"Gah I need more money,I need to get a job soon." Vasth laid his chin on the table and sighed

The man next to him drank his wine but not as fast.

Savoring each droplet that coated his tongue, Astra was finely sipping his wine. He was overjoyed that the taste of alcohol was able to be enjoyed in such a virtual world. He set the wine glass now after taking a small sip of it, he looked to his right when he noticed another player sitting next to him now. His lips curled, he would have liked to drink in peace. Perhaps if he stayed quiet...the other player would just...

Then he heard the screeching of complaints rattle through this guy's wind pipes. Astra lowered his eyes blue eyes to the red wine starring back at him. Unfortunately he overheard the boy's monologue, too lazy to get a job perhaps? He sighed, Astra could not say word on the matter. He had taken a quest but had yet to start it which was his Profession Quest. There was much more to do in the Starting City than he had liked and his schedule was busy, busy, busy. Helping with the children, giving counsel to the grieving and those who lost faith to live inside this world. To him, this world was perfect and here he could become a God to these people, a King! There was a twinkle in his eyes as he reminisced over the thought. He then spun in his chair towards the brooding character, "Cheer up, Buttercup." Astra said to the man who just recently complained.

"There is a world outside these walls that offer boundless amounts of Col. As you grow stronger as a player here you will eventually achieve an echelon of skill levels that will quickly turn into profit. More damage means more slaying, and more slaying means more loot from Mobs. More loot can be then turned into Col. You see how that works? So, all you really must do is pick yourself up! Now, now. Stop slouching! Bar Keep, get this man something more stout to put hair on his chest!" he tapped on the table with the palm of his hand.

"My name is Astraeus, and who might you be?" He turned to greet the individual, a lightness in his blue eyes.

The man with a funny way of speaking,Vasth smiled,Vasth liked the way he spoke.

"The name is Vasth,please to meet you,well thanks about these tips though most I know....Do you have a jobs." Vasth sat up as he spoke 

"Here you are sir." Said the NPC 

"Thanks." Vasth started to sip his cherry coke and listen Astraeus

"Pardon me?" he said questioning the question and then answering; "A jobs? That's a peculiar question...Well I believe I understand what you are saying. I do not have a paying job at the moment, it is more of a self rewarding one as a matter of fact. I help around the Starting City looking after the children who have lost their way, I also tend to counsel those who are traumatized by the current events of living in this game for quite possibly the rest of their lives. I did pick up a Profession Quest, however, I have yet to start that. I seem to be busy with the many ordeals of day to day routine."

So it seemed Astra was in the same boat as this troglodyte sitting next to him, the man seemed like a slow thinker, having the brains equivalent to a...he looked at the man with smiling eyes, "a goat?" he pondered to himself. He shook his head and looked to his glass of red wine, did he actually have to start a conversation with this intellectually challenged ninny? Was he that desperate? He could have a better conversation with this glass of wine he was holding.

"Ahh, well. I suppose the world just works in mysterious ways my young friend." What did he order? A fizzy drink? He must be young, that would lead to the unsophisticated mannerism of this Ape, then again, most people Astra met didn't have the intelligence to hold a good conversation. He titled his head to the person who sat next to him, he wondered if he was dropped as a child. Perhaps...brain damage, fractured skull? These would seem likely, he digressed and continued.

"Perhaps your talents are merely sleeping. What are you good at that could gain you a steady income? Perhaps if we figure that out, we can find you a proper job..."

Astra had such a look on his face, like he was constipated. It was mind numbing...so mind numbing.  

Edited by Astraeus
Necessary quotations

"Hmmm I want to become a Artisan and I have another planned to go with my girlfriend but that's a few day before we go." Looked over Astraeus looked young but he had a feeling that he was older then he thought.

"You like to help people that's nice,Well yeah I suppose sleeping is my talent I love to take naps at randoms places,if there so a place where I could teach marital arts I would love to teach people how to fight without a weapon." 

"How did you get into SAO?" As Vasth sipped his Coke again

"An Artisan! Well, that sounds like a good profession. I am sure girls will flock to that sort of establishment. When I was marr--" Astra's lips contorted into something other than a smile and he had to stop what he was saying and quite abruptly, "I am sure women will find appeal to that sort of thing. I too would be interested in your items once you have that all settled. I do like charms and beads of the sort. A necklace, a bracelet or two, or three..."

Well at least the boy had a plan, and after hearing that he had a girlfriend...he couldn't help but stifle a laughter, "Someone actually found this fool to be worthy of a mate? How absurd," Astra thought, drumming his manicured nails down on the table before him. His blue eyes shifted from the speaker to his glass of wine, it still held more sustenance than this oaf.

Then the droning seemed to continue, "Did you actually think I meant sleeping as a talent?" Astra questioned then chuckled and clapped his hands, "I merely meant..No, never mind...As far as getting into SAO, well...that is a rather long and quite uneventful story. Merely, it was just something to pass some time with. I had tried some of the other VRMMOs that were sprouting up at the time, some...hack game or another, I can't quite remember the name of, but it was merely for killing time. I used to be a..."

Astra leaned on his hand and placed a finger tip on the brim of the glass of red wine before him, thinking about the past made his stomach hurt and the alcoholic beverage before him stirred unsettling thoughts, it was better to just lie..."I was a computer repair technician. Made very little money in that department, however, so I used games as a means of escape. I didn't actually quite plan on becoming a permanent dwelling member of society. Here's to you! You screwy bastard!" he picked up the contents of his glass and downed the red liquid in one sitting, the taste lingering in his mouth, the robust and intense feeling alcohol has in one's throat. He snapped his fingers at the bar keeper and pointed to his empty glass, "Another!"