[PP-F1] Nightmares Meet Silence

Akumu secured her hood once again. She did not like people to see her face, plus she was being followed, she could feel it. She turned the corner and sprinted through the field. Akumu had been running from a man she had known for only a few days. The moment he confessed his sin to her, she knew she had to leave, he was a Player Killer. The night before, she had left him at the Inn she stayed at. For her it was easy to sneak out because the rooms were separated and he like to sleep in late. Though she knew what was ahead of her, him and his sword he bloodied with many others, for fun. He had told her, which she commended, the truth but sometimes the truth was hard to handle, this was one of those times. Akumu perched herself in a tree in the deep leaves of the overhead. He yelled out her name and threatened, but that didn't faze her or her silence. Get out here now! I'm not afraid to kill you! He yelled and moved on. Akumu awaited a full hour before moving from her place. She quickly removed the only name on her friend list.

Garou, Clarence, and Shanok were at their campsite in the First Floor just outside of the city. After previously deciding to form their guild Sonus Silentii (which was Latin for sound of silence), the three boys had traveled back to the Starting City's initial area to recruit troubled players, to give them a purpose or a chance at revenge against Aincrad's woes.

The Chained Werewolf patted out accumulated dirt from his Victorian clothing and tilted his long-brimmed black hat. "Good God, its been a while since we met any stray adventurers. You think most of them have actually either died or moved up?" He stood from his stooped position over the campfire in the clearing they were in, the reinforced silver chains that hugged his body and limbs, as well as connecting to his felt white gloves, chattered in his movement.

As night fell over the "world", she noticed smoke climbing the air. Someone had a fire going! Akumu nearly fell out of her tree when she saw this. She steadied herself and clenched her sword. She crept towards the fire, fearing Player Killers. They were idiots for starting it unless they could defend themselves. Akumu, nearing the fire, peeked through layers of forest and saw three boys hunched over a fire. Now knowing it was nothing serious, she walked casually to the boys.

Shanok turned around as he heard somebody approaching from behind. "Who's there?" he asked, looking in front of him, not seeing much due to the night, he only saw the other person's feet because of the fire's light.

He turns to Garou. "Hey Garou, someone's there" he told him as he turned towards the stranger.

Their leader nodded as he rubbed his naked chin. Garou wasn't visibly perturbed by the stranger's presence, but he could feel danger somewhere. Perhaps not in this particular person, maybe a distance away...

He gave Shanok a look before speaking to Clarence. "Take caution, friend. The woods of the Starting City is a popular grounds for late night Player Killers."

• 3 months later...

Clarence saw a girl pop out of the bushes. He walked up to her, she didn't seem dangerous, her cursor was green and not orange, which is why he had assumed that she wasn't dangerous. He put his daggers away and approached the player. "Hello, my name is Clarence, might you tell me yours?" he asked the player.

Akumu looks as the boy approaches her and asks her name with ease. She doesn't give her name very often so she answered by saying I would rather not say but would you mind telling me yours? Akumu wasn't shy, she was very reserved. This boy had a friendliness to him that was untrustworthy but he didn't have an orange cursor either. She gripped her sword on her waist just in case things got out of hand.

Shanok got up when he saw the female player put her hand on her sword. He went up to her and Clarence, "Hey, we won't do anything bad to you, so could you please leave your sword alone? We're not here to kill anyone" he said as he unequipped his sword and threw it on the ground, asking Clarence to do the same, which he also did.

She was startled by his ability to see so clearly her actions. Akumu took her hands off her sword and looked at the ground, not showing her eyes. She decided that it would be okay to tell just these two her name. My name is A....Akumu. Now that I've said mine, please tell me yours. She said calmly.

Shanok looked at the girl. "Name's Shanok, and as he said earlier, this is Clarence" he said, pointing to his friend. Shanok looked around, then he looked back at Akumu, "So, what are you doing here, so late at night?" he asked the girl, wondering what she was doing if she wasn't a player killer, who often hunted players to sleep PK them.

Oh i um...im running away from my "friend." He is a PK so ya know... I said, awkwardly. Right then the wind blew a bit hard, which made my hood fly off my head. My eyes instantly locked with his as I snatched my hood back over my head, covering my scar and deep purple eyes. I looked up to see his reaction.

The wind was blowing and removed Akumu's hood, which she immediately put back on. Shanok saw her face for a brief moment, he noticed a scar and purple eyes. Nothing special about the scar, but the purple eyes, it was the second time in his life he had seen eyes of that color, first his friend Clarence, and then this girl. Shanok wasn't really surprised at the sight of Akumu's purple eyes though, since his friend had eyes of the same color. "Want to join us? Your "friend" will probably not try to do anything if he sees you with three other players" he said after a brief silence.

I flinch slightly from the hard wind, not expecting it. Out of the corner of my eye I see the hood of the girl fly back, revealing her face.She has purple eyes too? Wow, thought I was the only one... my thought trail off but I come back to my senses."Well as Shanok said, I'm Clarence. Also, cool eyes. I've got them too. Oh and this is Garou." I smile and point to my own purple eyes. I point to Garou.

Garou nodded in her direction, looking slightly melancholy in the windy weather. His chains rattled loudly in the gust, and he gripped his hat to his head. The boy's eyes were green, but his hair was purple. "We take a habit of trying to protect those in danger, so you should be safe here with us." Garou unsheathed his longsword, launching it into the ground with one hand. He was curious about Akumu's scar, but didn't want to press about it.

"Let's see your "friend" trying to attack you now... He won't be able to do anything against the four of us" he said while picking up his katana that was on the ground and putting it away. "So, come sit with us, and let's wait I guess, it's not like there's anything else to do is it?" he asked as he returned to where he was sitting a couple of minutes ago.