[PP-F1]<<Feeding the Enemy>> {Akua; aided by multiple}

She was alone. Very alone. Why did she feel so lacking of any company? Why was the solidary, cold Akua jonesing for that feeling of companionship? Honestly, the cerulean haired female was unsure...and she didn't like it, not a bit. Normally, she liked being alone, when in real life. She felt as if she where better that way.

But not now. Perhaps this loneliness was the side effect of the dangers of SAO. Perhaps this tough girl was acctually quite afraid. That was quite likely, right? That was probably it. Akua knew she wasn't mean all-around. She saw herself as normal acctually, maybe just a bit different. She knew she could be quite rude and blunt atfirst; that was a given. But she was always lonely and kind on the inside in reality, and fear had probably brought this side of her out.

Then she heard a tale of a gypsy who could inform you on how to find the most loyal of companions. One who could never commit treachery. This had left Akua curious, as she couldn't see how this was possible. But just as she started doubting if this gypsy was even real, she spoted a unique NPC in the distance. Perhaps she should approach...

{ quest for Akua; aided by Kyoki, Dellis, and DandelionWings }

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akua hesitantly padded over. Honestly, she hated talking to human NPCs. They where bots. They where lifeless beings playing person. But perhaps this NPC could acctually help her. From the legends he could, and she felt it would be worth it. Besides, it was only an NPC; he couldn't exactly PK her. That sounded stupid.

She spoke. "Are you the gypsy?" As she waited for an answer, the strange dude just glanced around. What was he doing? Making sure no one was around? But that would be just idiotic; this was public information, right? Of course; it was, after all, the internet. Only a real idiot would put secrets up on the internet, none the less an NPC in a video game.

Finally his voice rung, loud and clear. "Hey kid, wanna know a secret? And yes. I am. I am GYPSY."

Oh dear whoever-was-SAO's-lord. This was honestly the most stupid NPC she had ever spoken to in her life. But, alright; she'd bare with it, if only to figure this riddle out. She nodded, hoping that would register to the system's...concious? Code? Memory? Whatever. She tapped her foot impatiently. Waiting, she blinked at the NPC.

Slowly, he parted his jaws again. "GYPSY knows all. GYPSY will tell--" click, click, click "--AKUA a secret. There are people called Beast Tamers, as you should know by now. These Beast Tamers have all learnt from the great GYPSY! I have told them the technique of how to capture their very own friend," the gypsy paused, as if to wait for the aqua haired she's reaction.

Slowly she nodded. Beast Tamers? So those where players who where walking around as a friend to monsters? Soon Akua put two and two together. "Alright, I'm following you so far," she said, suddenly intrigued. Her heart was filled with excitement. Could she become a "Beast Tamer?" It seemed so. She couldn't wait to find out how.

After taking an automated breath, the gypsy continued. "GYPSY will tell AKUA how to get a familiar. A familiar is a faithful friend made from a monster."

Aha, interesting. So it was almost like a predomestication? Maybe this could be useful. She wondered if familiars could... No no no, there's no way familiars could do that. No puppies, kittens, or whatever else should be running around Sword Art Online. That's crazy, and Akua knew that wasn't th point of a familiar. This wasn't a pet show sim.

But just maybe, maybe familiars could fight with you. As she was about to ask, the gypsy confirmed this. "Familiars can help you in battle. They can also die just like you can. However these familiars are merely AIs; no real animals are hurt. I have fo say that for... Legal reasons."

Okay, for "legal reasons?" That was the dumbest thing Akua had ever heard. They where capturing and slaughtering humans. Yet they where wordied about the legality of...whatever. What idiot would think beasts where real animals, anyways? But okay then, it seriously was not her problem right now.

"What happens is, you feed a particularly friendly monster; thus is become your faithful companion. Simple enough, yes? You just need the guts to befriend it, first...don't die. Or die. GYPSY does not care," he explained, and the blue haired girl listened. Interesting...

She blinked, silently laughing at the gypsy's final sentances. Alright, then, she mentally puffed. What a rude, blunt NPC. But, atleast he had given her rather useful information. She was already making plans of how to get her familiar, and what species she'd get. She didn't want a boar and a wolf seemed cliché. Perhaps she could meet a species unheard of. That would be awesome. Particularly Akua would be fond of a cat themed familiar.

She nodded. "Thank you. This will be of great use to me," she sighed, rolling her eyes that she was talking to pixels, glorified pixels. Akua slowly turned away, noting that the gypsy was soon wandering and stoic again. A curious creature, he was, if not perhaps poorly coded. But, alright.

Turning away fully now, Akua quickly headed for the fields' direction. With some stomps to the ground, she was off.

I was running around town being chased by an NPC shop keeper it was funny cause I didn't do anything I was actually framed by some kid but I went along with it and ran through the crowd pushing everyone out of the way and during my run I got a notification HUD I was shocked to see this for such a long time that I crashed into a wall "Ouch!!!"*I fall to the ground and just lay there staring at the HUD* "woah its Akua?!"it was an invite to a party with Akua *sit up and look around* looks like I lost the NPC *I accept the request waiting for an answer while I tried to track her*what could it be what could it be

As Akua had been rushing to the feilds to search for her perfect NPC partner, she had tripped. In a game. Luckily, this had given the blue haired girl some time to think. That, and notice she had been so excited, that she had been rushing around in circles.

She was thinking aout how boring doing this quest alone would be. Sighing, she went over all the people she had met mentally. There was Daeron, Haine, Zelrius, Swift, Kirito, Dellis, and some others. Out of them all, Akua remembered Dellis had offered to help her. So she propped herself up into a sitting position, and sent the request.

"Oi! Kyoki!" I heard my name being shouted I stopped a minute and spotted Akua"Aaakuuuuaaaa!!!" I ran to her about to tackle-hug her I stopped due to what she said I suppose ya' wondering why I sent u that invite, yes? *I stopped and nodded* who wouldn't want to know it makes sense to me

Dellis was slacking in his tent, trying to get his pet lizard to eat something, and tame him, when a little notification started flashing in his UI.

*A message? That's strange...* He thought, touching it with his finger.

It was a party request.

It seemed a girl named Akua had sent him a party request, to help with a quest named "Feeding the Enemy".

*That's the familiar quest... ah, I remember now, she's the girl I've seen here on floor 1 speaking to the Gipsy. Probably she needs help with taming a beast...*

He opened the tracking window, and set off to follow the footprints.

In no time, he had reached her. She wasn't that far from starter town.

He looked around. There was another girl there, probably someone who she had sent an invite too.

He approached the little girl, waving his hands.

"Hi Aqua", he begun, closing in, "You sent me an invite? You needed help with the familiar quest, if I remember well." He said, smiling.

That moment, the other girl spoke. "Aaakuuuuaaaa!!!" She shouted, running towards her.

*She must be a friend of hers, I guess.*

"Nice to meet you. I'm Dellis." He introduced himself to the new girl. "Are you here to help her too?"

Akua looked around, finally spotting Dellis. "Oi, Dellis!" she said firmly, waving. "That's exactly right."

Slowly, Akua pushed herself back into a standing position, and she fixed up her ponytail. She didn't want it in her way, nor did Akua want to miss any good familiars. Essentially, due to her love of cats, she'd love a feline companion; a large one would be plain awesome.

Shaking her head a bot, Akua resoluted they should get a move on right away. Turning to Dellis, she stated this, before glancing around. Her crystalline optics finally spotted a nicer, lush area that seemed more feline-friendly. "Perhaps we should look over there? It's awhile away, and it seems there are monsters inbetween as well, but it seems diverse."

Dellis looked at the spot which Akua was pointing to.

"Well, it seems like a good spot." He said, starting to move towards it.

"So, what kind of familiar were you trying to take? You only decided it's gonna be a feline, or have you got a particular monster you've already met in mind?"

He stopped casually in his tracks, suddendly remembering something important.

"Ah, did you remember to bring with you some food, right? To tame the familiar, that is." He asked to the girl.

She thought a moment, before giving a blunt smile. Her smile was more to the left this time, thus exposing her left tiny fang. "I've loads of food, Dellis," she puffed, showing her inventory. It was a fairly heafty list of bread, meats, and other, prepared foods. "I'm kinda a food hoarder." At that, Akua was reminded of something.

Taking out a piece of bread, she waved it infront of Dellis. "Take it. It's not gonna give itself to ya," she shrugged, waving it around some more. Whenever she partied with someone, a "peace of bread" was quite customary for her. Wow Akua. That pun was really worn down.

And with that, she considered his other question. "I think I've only decided on feline, however I have seen this one, particularly elusive looking one that looks pretty unique to the system," Akua shrugged.

He took the loaf of bread, smiling happily.

"Thanks!" He said, taking a bite off of it.

"Well, it's only right that I give you something of mine to pay my bread debt," he joked.

He opened his inventory, at the same moment rummaging through his backpack. He didn't remember where exactly he had put them.

"Ah, here they are!" He took out of the inventory a small, blue, worn out box.

He opened it, and took something out of it.

He dangled a Cream Croissant in front of the girl. "Here! eat it, it's good. I always bring with me some. Izzy seems to like those a lot." he said, handing one to the small lizard that had nestled on his shoulders till then.

Izzy guzzled it down in one go, then stared with expectancy at the blue box, which promptly Dellis made disappear once he got her look.

The little lizard decide then to settle for the one that Dellis was about to bite, since he had finished the bread Akua had given him. In a flash, it was gone, and before Dellis could say anything, she gulped it down.

"HEY! You thief lizard... that was mine! Next time you do that, I'm gonna cook you in a plate!" He protested.

He quickly turned to look at Aqua, hoping she hadn't laughed too much. "Sorry about that, she's a bit unruly. I haven't tamed her completely yet, she just kind of follows me."

Akua then answered his question. "I think I've only decided on feline, however I have seen this one, particularly elusive looking one that looks pretty unique to the system."

He frowned. "Unique? How so?" He asked, pacing forward towards the area she had pointed.

Her gaze became fixed on the croissant, her expression as if she were saying; oooh. Snatching one, Akua quickly wolfed it down. She was in the middle of eating when she heard him speaking to her again. She halfway glanced up, and noting she could wait to respond, she just shrugged, and finished her snack. "Is'sok," she rushed, beore turning to his next question.

She considered it a moment. How was it unique? Akua mulled it over a minute, before answering. "She's 'bout the size of a wolf, and seems to be a large cat -- a snow leopard I assume, from that info. She's got very dark blue fur, although it's slightly brighter around her neck, tail, and some other areas. She's got my eyes, or close to 'em, and tiny, more careful details."

{ BTW -- http://akuaneko.deviantart.com/art/V2-S ... -438736871 }

"Hmm", uttered Dellis pensively.

"With that fur, it's not gonna be hard spotting her in the wild." He stated. "Plus, if it's big, he won't be able to hide very well. I think we've got already two big advantages."

Izzy was looking around warily.

"What's up, pal?" He asked the little lizard. She didn't seem to react.

Shrugging he went on following Akua.

"It shouldn't be long till we get there." He stated.

I didn't speak at all when another person had arrived to help Akua he seemed familiar so I just listened to the and followed them they didn't seem to notice me even if I was obviously being them I was listening about the description of the pet Akua was looking for when I swore I heard some thing I turned around quickly and saw a flash of blue fur the other two were still walking and mustn't of heard it but I guess since their paired up nothing will happen to them if I leave them be to check this out so I followed the blue fur through the brush leaving the other two behind I was led farther then I expected to a frozen waterfall cave then I noticed the footprints ahead of me that could belong to another player and the glowing dark blue fur if this is what akua is searching for someone else is after it and not to keep as a pet I followed the prints and fur to a nest looking bed wear the soon to be familiar lay it gave off an injured look but I couldn't see any injuries cause I didn't want to scare it off as it would attack me and I'd have to defend myself it was a beautiful cat that was for sure forgot my fear and decided to get closer to get a better look at it I could use a paralysis anyhow if it does attack no harm done but as *I drew closer a hissing started and it grew louder with each step I took* but it stopped suddenly when I finally reached the feline and I checked any where for some form of injury I couldn't find anything till I took a glance at something at its neck puncture wounds animal bite but what kind... "Oh god no!!!" I quickly turn around with my blade out and there behind me was a humongous king cobra what could I do attack no that would be impossible at the time defending myself would be too

I lay onto the grass as I watched the clouds slowly move by, feeling the wind. I notification popped up onto my menu, with a private message. It was from Akua. I had met Akua a few days ago, while I was grinding, she helped me refine my skills, which allowed my to kill much more easily, and obviously I owe a lot to her for that.

The message said, "Hey, I'm doing this quest, wanna help me out?" I replied back with, "Sure, just send me an invite." I stood up and stretched, yawning afterwards.

{ oh and btw -- a familiar is kinda gonna be like an extension to Akua, so I control it c: }

Akua instantly shot back a party invite in response to the younger girl. She remembered her; yet another student of hers. Perhaps Sword Art Online had made Akua too... Giving. Perhaps she was more considerate than usual; or maybe she just wanted to know more people. Whatever her reason, she seemed to be a public source of education.

The cerulean haired she blinked, whipping around towards Kyoki. "It's a ploy Kyoki; the system doesn't attack itself," she warned. "...when a monster isn't yet tamed. It'll regenerate itself. Just worry about pulling out your damn sword and jump back; I'll attack first, then anyone switch with me."

{ no dice please, as this is a user controlled NPC monster it is unnecessary and un-neat for this thread }

First, Akua withdrew her throwing picks. She hit the cobra between the eyes with a {single shot}, which depleated it's HP by two. Jumping back, Akua called to her party. "Switch!"

Akua 11(?)/11(?) HP

(other party members enter data here)

Cobra 4/6(let's say?) HP

*I pull out my sword quickly and switch with akua attacking the cobra* "are you sure because I think the system might have been messed with cause that familiar of yours was not regenerating anything while I was here"*I spoke as I fought* "Switch!"

Akua 11/11 HP

Kyoki 9/9

(Everyone else needs to add theirs)

Cobra 2/6

"She ain't my familiar yet," Akua sighed, shaking her head. She'd explain that later; however now they had a stupid snake to fight. Noticing the others where dazing, she withdrew her rapier. Jumping foward, Akua scored the fake reptillian's neck, stabbing straight through with a {Linear} attack. After the dying sequence on her sword, Akua nodded. "Good, now that that's gone..."

Looking at the blue felidae, Akua sighed, noticing it no longer there, but many, many meters away. "See, Kyoki? You didn't have to worry," the aqua haired female stated, tapping her rapier on the floor.