[PP-F2] Save the Kawaii <Let There Be Light> (COMPLETE)

Lee laughed joyfully as she began to become confused at his statement and if it wasn't for the darkness and the situation, he would surely be squishing her cheeks together and making kissing noises. As she spoke of the smoothness of the battle, he would nod mainly to himself as there was now no real way of seeing her and her seeing him. He would then comment "That's true but hey, I am not complaining. Not really one of trying to find those 'hard fights'. The easier, the better and we get shi* outta it." As the monster disappeared, he watched her move closer and place a kiss against his cheek to which he would press his head in her direction with a wider smile this time. Lee would then take a more defensive stance against the noise that was heard and then it happened, he was attacked.

At least, it would be problematic if it wasn't him. The bat had a bit of power behind the strike but Lee was able to raise his shield in time to block the strike and literally be unfazed by the attack and with a spark of his shield, the bat would be seen and Piera would attack the monster to which Lee would follow up by drawing his sword up and over the spear user and thrusting forward to strike the monster with just enough force to apply the wound in which the bat would feel in the going battle. "I think that this will be pretty fun in terms of bonding time."

ID: 32122
BD: 8
DMG: 1

Lee: 17/19 (Hate: 6)
Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 3)
Giant Bat: 27-1= 26/30 (PAR)(BLED)

01 Caliburn = Sword (BLED+2; PAR+1) Activated on a roll of 9-10 with one slot, or 8-10 with two slots. Removes 4 more points of damage for 2 turns for the enemy/mob
01 Pridwen = Shield (PAR+1) Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards on a roll of 9-10. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified). Removes evasion properties from opponent while paralyzed

Piera couldn't help but grin when she heard Lee's gleeful laughter, even if it was partially at her expense. The grin became a smirk as he told her that the easier the fight, the better for them. "True that. We definitely need the SP. Still wondering about that girl though...." She genuinely hoped nothing bad would or had happened to her, even if she was just a quest NPC. ...Or maybe because of that. They both had a bit of an attachment to characters they could save even if they weren't necessarily required to. The brunette's expression became somewhat wistful as she remembered all of the restarted game saves to be able to get the 'perfect ending'. If only such a thing were possible in Aincrad.

The alchemist was brought back to the task at hand when she heard a now familiar soft 'flump' and saw that Lee had inflicted the second bat with paralysis. She immediately stabbed out in the direction she had heard the noise and kept her eyes on its HP bar on her HUD to be able to see if she actually hit it or not and was satisfied with the result. Lee followed her lead after she had backed up a bit to give him room to make the monster bleed. When her partner mentioned that the battle or perhaps quest in general would be fun bonding, Piera giggled. "Love you too sweetie~"

ID: 32124
BD: 7
DMG: 3

Lee: 17/19 (Hate: 7)
Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 4)
Giant Bat: 23/30 (PAR)(BLED)

Edited by Piera

Lee watched as the bat was stunned by its own attack against his shield which gave him a bit of pride in as Piera would bring up the girl of which they were actually here for in order to save. That was right, in all of this, they were here for an actual purpose which had been rekindled by the words of the brown haired woman. "There isn't a single reason to worry about her. As much attention we are drawing, I'm sure she is more bored than anything else." He knew that non-playable characters had no feelings or attachments to the actual players but he felt that it was all the more reason to have some sort of special attachments to them. Or at least to the one's that appealed to him personally. 

Piera would attack and find home once more to which he would follow up and strike out at the stunned creature and of course, it struck as well as she spoke of the love between them. "Of course~ Wub yew too honey snukums~"

ID: 32127

Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 3)
Giant Bat: 23-2-1= 20/30 (BLED)

Piera would have given her partner a scathing look if she knew where exactly he was. "I doubt she'd just be bored. She's probably scared and lonely. As much as an NPC can be that is." Even if they weren't real people, she still felt a twinge of very human sympathy when she saw that they were in pain. At Lee's uber cutesy voice as he spoke of his reciprocated love made her snort with laughter. "You are too kawaii!" The brunette protested before following his attack with one of her own. But this time the giant bat retaliated against the bigger target that it could likely see, the armored man. The only warning that either player got was a gust of air from its leathery wings and a furious screech that made the alchemist wince. Clawed feet scratched against Lee's armor and thankfully it protected him from half the damage.

ID: 32132
BD: 8
DMG: 3
MD: 9
DMG: 2+2Crit-MIT=2

Lee: 15/19 (Hate: 8)
Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 5)
Giant Bat: 15/30 (BLED)

Edited by Piera

Lee would let his shoulders shrug as she suggested that the child was scared and lonely and he would reply "Fine then, dash my happy little dream of finding a small child safe and sound but nnnoooooo~" He laughed in response to her own laughing as she spoke of his supposed-ed cuteness to which he would scoff at. Lee was about to continue when the bat attacked once more but this time, there was actually bite to the bark. The bat would actually lung and scratch and lower Lee's health more than a single point of damage this time and cause him to take a step back and raise his shield after the attack as he would take in a deep breath and exhale and swing his sword but strike nothing but air in frustration "That son-of-a-bit*h!" He would take in another breath and try to look at the complete darkness in the futile hope of actually being able to see but to no avail.

ID: 32134
BD: 2
DMG: 0{MISS}

Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 5)
Giant Bat: 15/30 

Piera sighed in consternation at Lee's rebuking. "I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst." She rationalized to her partner. Her eyes darted to his health bar when the bat attacked him and she felt comforted upon seeing that it was still well within the green. But then she heard a swish of a blade and clank of said blade hitting the ground before his angry cursing echoed. "Sh** we lost it?" She asked worriedly, hoping that it wasn't running, or rather flying, away. They'd never be able to keep up with it in this dark. The brunette slashed wildly and was rewarded with a screech of pain as she felt the blade of her lance connect with something. "Keep at it, we've almost got it in the red!" Piera encouraged her boyfriend before they felt a 'wooshing' but neither of them took any damage.

ID: 32141
DMG: 3+2Bleed=5
MD: 5 (miss)

Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 6)
Giant Bat: 10/30 

Edited by Piera

"Well you should know better. With me, all things are possible." He would then continue to look around in an attempt to see the bat but of course, darkness was the only thing that was visible to them. As she spoke of losing it he would shake his head "The hell we did! It has to be around here somewhere!" He was even more hopeful as she swung and strike the monster to which he would turn his attention and lash out in a swing in the direction he had assumed it to be in and to his luck, he was able to actually strike it "Yes!" He would then raise his shield up as he would hear something off in the distance but with all that was going on, he wasn't entirely sure what it was but it was far enough off that if it was a monster, they wouldn't have to worry for the time being.

ID: 32232
BD: 7-1= 6

Lee: 17/19 (Hate: 8)
Giant Bat: 10-1= 9/30 

"I should. Doesn't mean I believe it all the time. You know me, I'mma worry wart." As he said that the bat had to be somewhere around here, Piera nodded. "I can still hear it flapping." She then heard his jubilant cry and assumed that he had hit it. "Where-?" She slashed out in the direction she thought he had, but only felt air until the blade of her lance clanked against the cave's wall. "Dammit." The brunette cursed before feeling a puff of air as the bat dive bombed at Lee but pulled up to avoid hitting her raising spear, a gust of stale air brushing over them as it let out a low squeak that she was sure was supposed to be intimidating. "Honeeeeyyy. Do the thing with that makes it sit still so I can stab it." She whined petulantly to her love, not hearing what Lee was.

ID: 32246
BD: 4 (miss)
MD: 5 (miss)

Lee: 17/19 (Hate: 8)
Giant Bat: 9/30 

Edited by Piera

Lee would let out the inevitable sigh to her statement of being nothing more than that of a wort of worry. He could hear her spear come in contact with state rather than the monster itself but he also felt the rush of the bat by him which caused him to slash through the air instinctively and his blade would cut across the bat yet again though this time, the blade was able to go deep enough for his blade's bleeding to affect the monster to which he would then answer the brown haired vixen "You know my motto. I help those who help themselves~" He would say in an almost mocking manner. "I'm helping myself plenty and see where it's gotten me?"

ID: 32249
BD: 8-1= 7

Lee: 17/19 (Hate: 9)
Giant Bat: 9-1= 8/30 (BLED)

Edited by Lee
Piera scowled as Lee stated his motto....again... If she had a better memory she would be fairly certain that this would likely be the two hundredth' time (at least) that he had said such. Smirking slightly the brunette replied, "Yup. Stuck in a death game with nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine other idgits." She stood still as she listened to the bat's flapping and noticed that it went somewhat silent when it was swooping. When it got quiet, the alchemist lashed out, stabbing into the darkness with her Bleeding Lance and was rewarded with a pained screech as she scored a critical hit on the monster. "Swooping is bad."

ID: 32252
BD: 9
DMG: 3+1Crit+2Bleed=6
MD: 3 (miss)

Lee: 17/19 (Hate: 9)
Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 8)
Giant Bat: 2/30 (BLED)

{OOC: It's bleeding from both of us now so on your turn it'll die even if you miss. Also...brain haired vixen? xD}

Edited by Piera

Lee would laugh in the darkness as she spoke of the nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine idiots in the game of which she was stuck with. "There aren't that many people in the game my dear and I know you aren't counting the non-playable characters so you need to lower that number just a bit." He would then listen as the flapping had dimmed and Piera would lunge out and strike the bat to put it on its last leg... wing? It did not matter at this point as Lee would lower his shield and swing his sword around and down and it collided with the bat to which would be struck down and the bleeding would cause the monster to shatter in defeat to which Lee would smile in Piera's direction and the sounds of crying would come to their ears finally in clarity as they bat's flapping couldn't mutter it any further. 

"And with that, our reward." He would sheath his sword as they were met with darkness yet again. Though, this time it would be better as the crying gave them a better sense of where they were supposed to be heading until the crying was clearly somewhere in front of them. The darkness of this end of the cave gave way to just a bit of light and once their eyes could adjust, the sight of a small child, huddled against the cave wall. The white dress had become dirty and her hair covered any view of the child's face. Lee would slowly kneel down and speak lowly "Hello?" The child would jump at the sound of something other than her crying and assuredly the sounds of flapping bats. Lee would hold his hands up as if to show he held no weapons or ill intent. He wasn't sure just what the little girl had been through and her running off further into the cave wouldn't work well for anyone.

The small girl seemed only pleased inwardly that there was another human being there and rushing into the metal arms of the man, tears rolling down her cheeks in a continued flow. Her crying turned into light whimpers as Lee placed an arm under her so that as he stood, she was properly placed against the inside of his shield and upon his arm. Lee would turn back to Piera "So, this is completely worth."

ID: 32255
BD: 7-1= 6

Lee: 17/19 (Hate: 10)
Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 8)
Giant Bat: 2-1-2= 0/30 (DEAD)

Piera thought for a moment as Le said that there weren't that many people in the game and then realized that the number must have drastically declined with rising death toll. Grimacing she amended, "Well at the beginning there were...."  She was glad to see and hear the death animation of the second giant bat finally, squinting against the bright light and turning to see Lee's wide smile which she returned before it dimmed into pitch black once again.

It was then that they could hear soft childlike crying further on in the cave and the brunette clung to a piece of her boyfriend's armor as they walked blindly towards the source. Thankfully there was finally a light source, though it was hard to discern where it was originating from. But it revealed a little girl in a dirty white dress, kneeling and leaning against the cave's wall as she sobbed. Lee crouched slowly next to her and spoke, spooking her momentarily but effectively gaining her attention as she immediately lunged at the armored man, hugging him as best she could. It was nearly too much for words but Lee gave words regardless.

Piera was standing still, clutching at where her heart would be with a pained expression that was a mix of a grimace, smile and tender love. "Ugh...too....adawable. I don't think I can defeat this boss." She joked, looking at the pair with a soft smile now before saying quietly, "Love you." Then inhaling deeply, the brunette nodded. "Alright, let's go. I'll lead the way since I have the walking stick. Don't worry little girl, we're going to keep you safe and take you back to your mummy." The alchemist turned in an 'about face' and began to retrace their steps back through to the cave's mouth, the butt of her lance's staff occasionally scraping along the ground. The trio reached the cave's entrance without encountering another bat or other monster thankfully, light blinding them slightly as their eyes adjusted to the sun. "It burnssss."

Lee glanced over to Piera as she spoke of the sight before her to which he would simply reply with a roll of his eyes. He would then lean over and kiss the top of her head as she spoke of her love and after that, they were on their way outside and once their, each and everyone of them knew it as the amount of sunlight was almost blinding. Any amount of real light would be painful but this was just inhumane as Lee winced and tried to keep his eyes open somewhat. "It burnss uss, it burnsss ussss!" he said jokingly as their eyes began to adjust. He didn't take any time at all in continuing their pace, making sure to keep the child safe and quiet till they reached town where they were almost ambushed by the mother as Lee carefully gave child into the mother's arms. It was then that she began to thank them continuously and soon after, a menu appeared before them showing them the rewards of the quest that they had completed and with that, they were done.

REWARDS: 

ID: 32278
LD: 9 x 25
Lee: 1 Skill Point; 225 COL | 1 Skill Point; 200 COL
Piera: 1 Skill Point | 1 Skill Point; 200 COL

Edited by Lee