[PP-F2] Save the Kawaii <Let There Be Light> (COMPLETE)

Lee was standing in the midst of the small town on the second floor in an almost unfazed manner. His attentions were elsewhere in his own mind as he looked around at the miscellaneous ongoing's of those that passed by. He held his arms crossed over his plated chest as he let Piera do what it was she wanted, not really having any say so in what she was doing. It was amidst this that a woman was frantic in her motions, seemingly moving from person to person, wrecked with worry till she came to Lee. His eyes looked down upon her as she began to speak to him in an overly worried tone. "Please! Please, you have to help me! My daughter! You have to save my daughter!" Lee was a little taken back by the sudden appearance of...his eyes would follow up to above the woman's head to find absolutely nothing.

With no cursor, that could only mean that it was an NPC. He would nod his head lightly to himself as he would speak "Ma'am...you've nothing to fear!" It was then that a box would appear before him stating if he would like to accept the quest and seemingly without a second thought, accepted it. As the box disappeared, the woman's face became overflowing with hope as she was finally able to get someone's attention on such a dire matter. Lee himself had always had a soft spot for NPC's and to help a child, real or no did not shoot too far from something he would help with. Now, he would turn his attention toward Piera to which he had left out of the equation till about that moment.

Edited by Lee
Piera was still in her search for a Tailor, this time with Lee's companionship, which made things much better of course. Slightly more annoying at times, but still definitely better. She had just exited another shop after finding out it was a very low quality NPC tailor when the brunette saw a woman run up to Lee, begging in frantic tones for him to help save her daughter. Quickly striding up to her boyfriend, the alchemist's heart thudded, still somewhat thrown by the fact that a mother and daughter pair had logged into a MMORPG together when she realized that the woman was an NPC, relaxing Piera's shoulders as she let out a small sigh.

Smirking in amusement at Lee's brave acceptance of the apparent quest, she glanced at the pop up window that announced that her party leader had accepted a quest. "Gotta play the hero to keep your cover, huh?" She teased, her hands on her hips. "Well let's go then. Where is this damsel in distress?" The young woman had no problems with dropping her own personal 'quest' for armor as it had been ongoing for several days now at least and it couldn't hurt to put it off for a bit longer.

Lee would nod his head in agreement to Piera speaking of playing the hero for a bit in order to keep up appearances to which he would reply "Well yeah, I have to do something to offset things from time to time and it reminds me of another game we used to play." He would then turn his attention to the woman as Piera spoke of the damsel to which she would reply "She was in a cave playing with a friend of hers! It is just outside of town, not to far, I'll mark it on your map." It was then that a quest marker appeared on their map to which Lee would place his hand on the NPC's shoulder "Fear not, we'll have your child back in no time without a scratch." He would then turn to Piera and nod his head off in a direction of no particular importance.

Once they were actually moved away from the NPC, he would smile widely "I am simply too cool but in all seriousness, we need to get this kid." He would then continue walking and speaking "I just really hope this is actually a legit thing and not one of those things where its a trap and a fake kid-monster." He would then pull up his map and begin to head in the direction of the marker "So, what are your opinions on the matter?"

Piera's head tilted in curiosity as Lee mentioned that the quest or perhaps SAO in general reminded him of another game they both used to play. She was about to question which game when the NPC spoke to her, answering her question about where her daughter was. Nodding, the brunette looked at the pop up that told her that the quest had been updated and saw that it was on the same floor. That was good, at least they were a safe level for it. Smiling at Lee's heroic reassurance to the mother, she simply followed after him when he began to walk off...in the wrong direction for the quest. "What game does this remind you of though?" She finally asked, walking along side him.

The alchemist was a little bit surprised at the seriousness in which Lee wanted to complete this quest, but shrugged it off as his want to play hero. "I bet if it was her son, you wouldn't be so eager, hm?" She asked pointedly before continuing, "Eh I don't recall a time where it's been a fake kid-monster. Usually the kid has just been turned into a monster against their will. That doesn't make them fake. Or they're just dead by the time you get there. That would suck..." Piera frowned at the thought and then finally agreed, "Maybe we should hurry it up, I'd hate for this quest to be timed or something."

Smirking as he finally looked at his map to check where the quest marker was and looped around to head toward it she thought about his last question. "My opinion? The mom said that the daughter was playing with a friend but didn't mention that the friend needed saving. Which makes me think that in the end one of them is going to be dead or the friend is the 'bad guy' in the situation. Which would still mean one of them would end up dead. If not both if said 'friend' already killed the daughter." At least that's what she was presuming from the experience she'd had with similar type situations in other games. The couple made their way out of the safe zone of floor two's main town and towards the quest marker.

Lee would glance down at Piera as she wished to know just what game he was speaking of and to which he would respond "Zeh Warldo." He said in an interesting tone of voice. She would then speak about his opinion of the gender of the child to his eagerness toward the quest to which he would raise his shoulders and shake his head "That has yet to be determined and till we cross the bridge, I can do what I want!" He would bring his arms up and cross them over his chest and turn his head in the other direction. He would listen as she would begin to speak about the child and the chance of them being dead and then turning into a monster and then she fell silent and spoke about wishing to hurry up in which he would snicker "Yeah, you put those thoughts in your head, not me."

As she gave her opinion on the matter she would throw it into a rather darker area to which he would simply look down at her with a stare "What the hell is wrong with you? Positive, think positive woman." He would shake his head as he would place a hand against the side of his head. As they would continue out into the field, he would make sure to keep an eye out for a cave or the quest marker. Both of which were actually easy enough to spot as the cave was along side a mountain and was both large in size and dark. "That is dark as hell yo." He would scratch the back of his head as he would tilt his head to the side as he looked into the dark cave.

Piera smiled at Lee's funny accent as he answered her question about what game this reminded him of. "Did you do a quest like this one in The World?" She couldn't recall one herself, but her memory wasn't the best sometimes. Snickering at the armored man's attitude as he crossed his arms as he declared that he could do what he wanted. "You do that."

She was still worried about the little girl and didn't slow her pace as they walked through the fields of the second floor closer towards the quest marker. When Lee stated that she had been the one to put 'those thoughts' in her head, the alchemist pouted and whined, "I knooow. And hey, you wouldn't want to get there like two seconds too late either so c'mon." The brunette urged her partner as they walked.

After the spearwoman voiced her opinion on the possible outcomes to this quest, Lee apparently wasn't expecting such a dark (or in her opinion, realistic) twist. Meeting his stare with her own, she pointed at her boyfriend accusingly as she stated, "Hey, I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst! Just don't be surprised when things take a turn for the worse."

They had finally reached their destination, which was a cave with a large and surprisingly dark opening. Stepping closer to the larger armored man as he spoke of said cave's darkness, Piera lamented, "I wish we had that skill that lets you see in the dark... Or torches or something. Why didn't we realize that cave equals darkness??" Frowning at the cave, the brunette urged Lee, "You're the tank, you go first. I'm right behind you."

"Something like it but it was a holiday event. It was fun and I made a friend which was always the end goal so everything worked out for the better." He would comment about the old game of which they played. She would then speak that he would do what he wished in which he would simply nod his head as it was a simple fact that he would have done it either way, regardless of what another would say. As their pace quickened to her words, Lee would actually fall just a bit behind due to his size and current set of equipment but not enough for it to worry him. As she spoke about aiming for the best but expecting the worst, he shook his head "The hell. If I don't want it, it isn't gonna happen, ya hear?"

Once they reached the cave, she spoke of its darkness and how she wished there was a skill of some sort that let her see in the darkness. He would raise a hand up to his chin and rub it in thought "Hmmm, a skill or ability that lets you have vision at night. I think it is called...night-vision but I could be completely wrong though that is highly unlikely because, I mean, it's me." She would then speak of him going first to which he would ready his shield and draw his sword as he walked in with little other word. It did not take long for the darkness to surround them and he would speak "Just make sure you keep close cuz we don't know wha-" 

At that moment, a screech would pierce the cave to indicate they were not alone and the distant shifting of something beating in the air like a pair of wings which would cause Lee to raise his shield and stop moving as he tried to see through the darkness with no avail.

Lee: 19/19

PIera: 27/27

Giant Bat: 30/30

Edited by Lee

Piera nodded in interest as Lee explained the quest in the other game that reminded him of the current one and wondered if it was before her time. As he protested a denial of reality while lagging behind, the brunette slowed her pace and shook her head in exasperated amusement. "You keep telling yourself that."

As they entered the darker than normal cave and Lee replied that he was fairly sure there was a 'night-vision' skill and he was hardly ever wrong, causing her to relax slightly as she rolled her yes. At least he lightened the mood, allowing her to not clutch to his side as they walked forward. Nodding a bit worriedly as he cautioned her to stay close, a animalistic screech interrupted him, echoing around them. Holding out her spear in front of her, the alchemist's eyes darted around the darkness. "I don't see anything! Do y-"

But yet again the screech interrupted, this time accompanied by what Piera was sure was a very large leathery wing clipping into her sharply, making her grunt in impact even as she instinctually stabbed with her weapon. This appeared to have worked, for as she felt her lance meet resistance, a cursor popped up along with a health bar, informing them that their party was now fighting a Giant Bat. Piera backed up somewhat behind Lee's form, squinting to be able to do so as she used him and his shield as her own shield.

ID: 29338
BD: 5(+1Acc)=6
DMG: 3
MD: 8
DMG: 2(-1Mit)=1

Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 1)
Giant Bat: 27/30

Edited by Piera

"I do. I tell myself that every night before I go to sleep and every morning when I wake up~" His reply was thick with honeyed words and sarcasm. As the continued to move in the pitch black darkness, the sound of something came upon them and Piera stated what it might be before striking out at something to which would cause him to raise his shield up and draw his sword as he would notice the bar of health that would appear before him. He would draw his sword up and swing at the darkness to hit simply that, nothing but darkness and air with no result for the effort to which would cause him to tighten his stance. "Well, at least we aren't alone in here so that can be counted as a plus, right?"

ID: 30283
BD: 5
DMG: MISS

Piera's eyes rolled at Lee's question and retorted, "Are you counting us or whatever the hell this is?" She heard a 'whoosh'ing sound coming towards her and quickly ducked her head, thankfully just in time to miss a clip from the Giant Bat's wing. "Cuz I'm not really being comforted by its presence right now!" The brunette squinted and realized that its health bar was a bit too stationary to be of any help targeting the monster. She'd just have to try and do her best, and sadly that was exactly what she did. And her 'best' missed terribly. "Frick. AUGH this is worse than not having my glasses!"

ID: 30286
BD: 3
DMG: miss
MD: 3

Giant Bat: 27/30 (Target: Piera)

Edited by Piera

"Hey, all things are precious when you think about it. At least till it gets stupid and makes me angry, then it just needs to die." He would listen as the shifting of the air made it by them and the bat swung by and Lee swung out of instinct and after a few seconds, he realized that he missed his target as it was somewhere else in the darkness. He would laugh hesitantly as he would glance back in the direction he assumed Piera was at though he didn't see her "Okay, we really need to get something changed and actually hit this thing at some point, right?"

ID: 30808
BD: 1

Piera: 26/27

Piera snorted lightly at Lee's matter of fact tone. Nudging him just slightly with her elbow to make sure where he was, the brunette's eyes darted around blindly in the darkness, straining to hear at least vaguely where the bat was. She tried to slash at an upward horizontal angle, hoping to at least nick the monster, but she only hit air. Grimacing at their bumbling attempts, the alchemist nodded in agreement at her boyfriend's sentiment. "Don't suppose you have a flashlight?" She sighed and tried to think. "It's a bat right? Maybe...hit the cave wall with something and then attack? It could stun it, make it easier to hit. Assuming that an artificial bat uses echolocation. Worth a try at least, right?" Said mob was still flapping around, its location undetermined due to the impenetrable darkness.

ID: 31100
BD: 2 (miss)
MD: 5 (miss)

Edited by Piera

Lee felt the light nudge against his side from Piera at his comment to which he would laugh lightly. He would continue to look around at nothing but darkness as he would then bring up the idea of using a flashlight to which he would stare blankly into the darkness "Oh yes, let me break out my flashlight that I completely forgot about coming into the deep dark cave in the middle of a death game in which most technology doesn't surpass a cheese grater." He wasn't sure what brought to mind the grater but it just came out like most things do. He would take in a breath as she spoke of what the creature might be and that if a noise of some sort was loud enough, they might have a chance to which he figured "Why the hell not."

He figured he could at least hit the wall so he would raise his sword back and with a mighty swing, aim to strike the wall but at that time, something that wasn't solid stone came to meet his blade instead. "Holy S*it! I Hit Something that wasn't Air or a Wall! Sweet Baby Jesus!"

ID: 31323
BD: 7(-1) = 6
DMG: 1

Giant Bat: 27-1= 26/30 

Piera couldn't help but snort in amusement at Lee's words. "Oh c'mon, I'm sure SAO has technology better than a cheese grater. Like...um..." The brunette's eyes wandered around the darkness as she tried to think. "Recording Crystals! Or um, Message Recording Crystals. I haven't made any yet but I know they can be made. That's pretty advanced."

She waited for her partner to strike the wall with something to create noise when he suddenly exclaimed that he had hit the monster. At least by process of elimination. "Nice!" She cried out with a smile, still staring blindly at nothing. The alchemist tried to guess where he had aimed at and slashed vaguely to no avail. "Agh. Stop sucking up all my luck." She complained before edging away from Lee until her right toe bumped into the cave's wall. Then she swung the butt end of her lance against the wall once, then twice, causing loud reverberations to echo in the cave, hopefully at least distracting the bat so that they could get a hit in.

ID: 31605
BD: 4 (miss)
MD: 4 (miss)

Giant Bat: 26/30 

Edited by Piera

Lee snickered as she spoke of the crystals and their abilities to do things that were just as good as some tech to which he would retort "But even then, it's just a knockoff of something else so it only makes my point stronger so 'neh'." He heard her sword cut through the air but find no sort of home to speak of as he would then hear her speaking of him taking all of her luck to which he would turn his head in the direction that he assumed her to be in "Excuse me lil miss tough britches~" He would then lower his head slightly, not wanting to raise his hands up to his ears else he would lower both his guard and his means of attacking as she began to bang on the wall. 

It wasn't too loud but the cave did echo so it wasn't entirely pleasant but he would then draw his sword out to the side and he felt a small sensation in his hand and at this point, swinging it where ever was what he was doing anyway so he figured that he might as well just go with the flow and he lunged forward in an arc-like motion as his sword not only found home against the back but the critical strike itself seemed to cause the blade to burst for a moment with sparks of lightning and blood and he would speak simply "I am just too bad@ss."

ID: 31625
BD: 10
DMG: 2

Caliburn = Sword (BLED+2; PAR+1) Activated on a roll of 9-10 with one slot, or 8-10 with two slots. Removes 4 more points of damage for 2 turns for the enemy/mob; Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards on a roll of 9-10. Removes evasion properties from opponent while paralyzed.

Piera's eyes rolled yet again, letting out an exasperated sigh at Lee's dismissal of Recording Crystals. "Always so hard to please." She grinned though when he teased her after she berated him for sucking up the luck. "Hey, I'm higher level than you, only makes sense that I should at least be able to hit more than you." 

The noise from the butt of her lance against the cave wall seemed to disorient the bat, which Lee took advantage of. She didn't see him swing or even connect, but she did see the monster's health bar lower. "Oh yes, people will be cowering before your mighty bat hitting skills." The brunette teased before gripping her weapon in both hands when she heard a 'thump' on the ground in front of them. Did it fall? Then she noticed a status symbol next to its health bar, informing them that it was paralyzed. "Nice job!" She cried out to her boyfriend before lunging forward where she had heard it fall, stabbing the blade of her lance deep into the giant flying mammal before leaping back, knowing that the paralysis wouldn't last for long. Her eyes widened and a smile came to her lips as she watched the monster's health lower even more, though it was still in the green sadly. "Now this is what I've been waiting for. What's gonna work~?" She sang.

ID: 31651
DMG: 3+2Crit=5
MD: 6
DMG: 2-3MIT=1

Lee: 18/19 (Hate: 4)
Giant Bat: 19/30 (Bleeding) (Target: Lee)

Edited by Piera

"Hard to please? HA, that's cute~" He retorted with a smirk crossing over his face. He would then listen as she would speak of her level and how it gave her the right in terms of striking and accuracy to which he would let forth a laugh and raise his sword up and tap the top of his shield to make a light ting noise "Now THAT is really cute. Levels aren't everything my dear. Skill and the pure amount of unadulterated awesomeness is what guides the true of heart." After he had finished his own attacks on the monster he heard her speaking of bat-hitting he let out a light chuckle "Hehe, all I can image is taking a baseball bat and someone throwing another baseball bat at me as I try and hit it for a home run." He was pleased that he was complimented on his job well done to which Piera would capitalize on. 

He would let his smile widen as she would speak about what was going to work. He would turn himself in the direction that he heard he speaking as she did in fact hit the bat, it should be in the same area. He would raise his shield and place his sword atop it and then draw it back as if he was arching a bow and he would thrust it forward while saying "Team Work~!" The sword would strike the bat with amazing force yet again.

ID: 31727

Lee: 18/19 (Hate: 5)
Giant Bat: 19-3= 16/30 (Bleeding+1)(Bleeding+2/Paralyze+2) (Target: Lee)

Piera shook her head with an exasperated expression. "Okay not most of the time, but you are hard to please sometimes!" She was momentarily distracted from her riveting staring contest with the pitch darkness when he laughed and continued to brag in a roundabout way. "You are so full of s***." The brunette stated flatly, though from her tone of voice it was apparent that she was smiling. At his joke about batting, the bespectacled young woman couldn't let out a muffled laugh, "Pffffhehaha. You could do it. I believe in ya."

She thought she heard the bat begin to flap and get up from the ground again but then she heard Lee move and from watching the monster's health bar, saw that he managed to hit it again, scoring another critical and reapplying the paralysis as he finished her sentence. The alchemist quickly took advantage of the status effect and stabbed in the same area that she had last time, knowing that the bat couldn't have moved much and was thankfully correct, scoring another critical and causing it to bleed more. "Damn straight! We're doing pretty good considering we can't see [censored]. How does it feel to be as blind as I am honey?"

ID: 31857
DMG: 3+2Crit+4Bleed=9
MD: 2

Lee: 18/19 (Hate: 4)
Piera: 26/27 (Hate: 2)
Giant Bat: 10/30 (Bleeding) (Target: Lee)

Edited by Piera

"I am only hard to please because it is only right. Being as awesome as I am, it takes a certain flare to get things right and as for being full of manure, I have green eyes so the amount of sh*t can't be so full since they aren't turning brown anytime soon." She would then speak of the possibility of him being able to actually do the baseball-on-baseball action to which it would cause him to think about it more but he would aim to leave it be as the task at had would warrant more attention.  He would watch the health bar and smile grandly as it would decrease even further. It was at this point that all care for he monster went out the window as it was stunned and unable to move from his own strike but also bleeding profusely.

"We got this more in the bag than I originally thought." He figured that he could simply leave the monster alone and let it die from the effects but not being able to see this kinda put a damper on things. He would lower his shield and swing his sword around in his hand, letting it circle several times before taking a firm grip on it and with one powerful thrust, lung it into the bat one final time before it burst into light, letting them see for only a few moments "I'm just too good for this game~" He would smile greatly at their success but this would be short lived as the sound of another flapping creature would meet his ears.

ID: 32050
DMG: 1+2CRIT+4BLEED+PAR

Lee: 18/19 (Hate: 6)
Giant Bat: 10-4/4/4Bleed = 0/30

Piera's mouth opened and her eyes narrowed, her head shaking slightly as she tried to find the words to match her exasperation but only making a disgusted sound, "Ach." His arrogance and ridiculousness truly knew no bounds. "That-! That doesn't even make any sense!" She tried to insist but then focused on the sounds of rustling armor and she saw the bat's HP bar sink to just a sliver of red. Smiling at Lee's statement, the brunette nodded before realizing that he couldn't see her. "I have to admit, I didn't think it would go nearly this smoothly." The monster was finally visible on the instant of its death as it exploded into bright blue particles, bathing the cave and two players in pretty light for only a moment.

At her boyfriend's boasting, the alchemist would shake her head, this time with a wide smile, inching closer until she bumped into him and smooched him on his fuzzy cheek with loud sound effects. But there was another sound other than her smooching. Piera barely registered the flapping until she felt the air movement from her left and then Lee took the barest amounts of damage. Eyes widening slightly, the spearwoman spun her lance in her hands, slashing out in front of her partner and was rewarded with another giant bat's health bar being revealed on each of their HUD as her attack connected. "We got this." Stated the brunette with a fair amount of confidence that she would likely not be anywhere close to feeling without him by her side.

ID: 32056
BD: 7
DMG: 3
MD: 9
DMG: 2+1Crit-MIT=1

Lee: 18/19 (Hate: 6)
Giant Bat: 27/30 (Target: Lee)

Edited by Piera