[PP-F1] How to Perform <<Earning A living>> (Astropheric) [Complete]

[[OOC: This thread happens right after the "Lone wolves" thread ^-^.]]

15 minutes after she had seperated with her new "friend", Matt, Lily was still located on the wooden bench. It had now gotten a bit bussier around her, Npc's and players kept flowing into the area. As the area became more crowded Lily stopped humming and closed her eyes. Even though she had somewhat gotten used to the crowds of the starting city the noise made her still go crazy. 

After 5 minutes or so Lily suddenly heard a male and female voice really close to her. She decided to try and focus on the conversation as she had nothing else to do. Hearing what they said was hard as a lot of peolle were talking but luckily the couple came even closer to her. "I am totally going for Blacksmith! It's the coolest proffession on SAO" the male said immediatly followed by the female that had a very loud voice which hurt Lily's ears. "No, Fisherman is the coolest. Now let's go and find a NPC shop so you can become a cute little Blacksmith." the female said with a grin and walked away. Lily slowly got up and stretched her arms. She had heard about professions before however never knew that you just had to visit an NPC shop of the Proffession you want to become. Lily immediatly wanted to get a proffession, she wasn't sure about which one she wanted but that didn't matter right now. She wasn't planning on going alone, so she quickly made her way to the cafe and walked in. Lily looked around to see where Matt was. Once she got her eyes on him she walked towards him. Slightly out of breath and a guilty expression she began to talk in a very quiet tone as usual. "I'm sorry." the girl said, gazing into his eyes. She knew that her chance of him coming with her was small, so apologizing for the recent events was something that could possibly make her chance a bit bigger.

Edited by Lily
  • 3 weeks later...

"ahhh" this was much needed, some coffee to relax me after the last couple days events. Felt amazing to sit down and relax and clear my head. I began thinking about this game, you know my plans and what I wanted to do. I definitely wasn't going to sit around and wait for the game to be cleared by other players, no. I needed to join the frontlines and quickly, I need to train, no way was I going to survive this game without killing some bosses. My thoughts then floated over to lily, the girl I had helped yesterday and all the way to about 15 minutes ago had been with, argued with, and laughed at. She was a....different individual, she was harder to read than most people our age. I could usually tell exactly how a person was after one conversation with them, but now I had, had multiple conversations and only recently have been starting to figure her out. She was a serious rather emotion hiding person like myself from what I could tell, possibly from some social interaction issues, I could tell she pouted a lot with how relentless she was to get on my back for a ride. But I could also tell she wasn't used to being called out like I had done to her, she seemed so surprised her act hadn't worked as she immediately went back to being serious and then asked me why I was such a cold person. I wondered if she was popular or one of the girl who didn't get much attention "i'm sorry". I didn't even realize that lily had already walked back into the café and up to me, sneaky beaky. I looked up for a seconds, and she began staring into my eyes, felt like my soul. But I went back to looking at my coffee mug, in my eyes there was nothing to be sorry for but I continued the conversation. "sorry for what, there is nothing to be sorry for".

As Matt responded to her Lily sat down on the chair to the opposite of him and looked down at the table for a bit. She didn't understand that he thought "there was nothing to be sorry for" as she thought that he walked away from her because she called him cold. Lily looked back up at Matt and began to talk. "For calling you cold, you helped me yesterday so that was a very rude thing for me to say." she responded, her expression now slowly turning back into her serious one.

After a few seconds of silence Lily leaned back and whimpered."I need your help with a quest. I-" Lily stopped herself as she remembered that it wouldn't be a good idea to "act" again. She wanted to say that she wouldn't be able to do it without his help but that would be a lie, so instead she decided to just tell hin what she knew. "I don't know the name of it but it allows you to become a proffession." Lily placed her hands on the table and proceeded to talk as she wrapped her hand around her right thumb. It was a habit that she had developed when she was younger. She used to suck on her thumb and to stop herself she would "protect" her thumb from herself by wrapping her hand around it. "I don't know what proffession I want yet but.. could you help me, please?"

Edited by Lily

"For calling you cold, you helped me yesterday so that was a very rude thing for me to say." Lily said I didn't think it was very rude. I mean ye it was personal the reasons why I am the way I am, but I didn't really take it like that, just took it as her being curious like most people are, I get asked why I am so cold all the time, but usually by people I've known for longer so idk. "I need your help with a quest. I-"  She said afterwards. WAIT why do you need my help, I helped you before and now you need me to do a quest *sigh*. I know this girl is adorable and all. But if she's going to ask me for anything whenever she needs help, it may grow old. But this was only the firs time she did ask for help, I did offer it before so I guess that was on me, so I should stop assuming this will become a regular thing, and I didn't mind anyway as long as it didn't keep me from trying to become a front liner. "I don't know the name of it but it allows you to become a profession."  So she wants a job, im sorry but this girl did not seem like the.. eh working type. She was lazy enough to complain until I gave her a piggy back ride, but now she wants a job, oh boy. "I don't know what proffession I want yet but.. could you help me, please?" She didn't even know what job yet, boy was I in trouble. But I wasn't going to turn her down, but first I want to know why, "a profession quest, sounds easy enough why would you want or need my help" I said in my cold expression, still staring at my coffee

"Because," Once again the tempation to make up a lie to make him come with her however he was most likely not going to believe her. The truth was that she didn't want to do it alone as she didn't have a lot of information. She usually liked doing things alone in the real world as she capable of doing things by herself, but in SAO she still felt quite weak. Lily only knew that she had to go to a shop of the proffession she wanted to become, but that was everything she knew. She didn't know if she had to possibly fight something or just had to prove herself of being good enough.

After about 5 seconds of silence Lily proceeded talking. "I don't want to do it alone." she mumbled, somewhat embarrassed by the fact that she now probably sounded like she was scared. "I heard people talk about proffessions before, Blacksmith, Fisherman, Tailor, Performer and cook are the ones that I heard about. I think i'm going with Tailor, Performer or cook.." Lily looked down at her hands as she finished talking. All three proffessions were quite interesting as they all allowed her to make or do things that she liked. Tailor gave her the ability to make plushies, Performer had something to do with music and with Cook as proffession she could make food for herself. Lily wasn't really good at making decisions so picking one of them was hard.

"Because," . She said and after a time continued  "I don't want to do it alone."  she mumbled it like always, sadly  "I heard people talk about proffessions before, Blacksmith, Fisherman, Tailor, Performer and cook are the ones that I heard about. I think i'm going with Tailor, Performer or cook.."  she finished and sat waiting for a reply. I began to think that she should go cook because then she could make food, for me...and her of course. But then performer seemed like a possibility as well, as she did act like she was hurt, and would have convinced most people probably. And I wasn't exactly sure why she wanted to be a tailor, but I assumed it had something to do with those weird toy animal things I had seen on stalls at the market. I pondered and realized that after I helped her do hers I was going to make her come with me as we made me a blacksmith. But that was in due time, first she needed to decide what she was going to become and then we needed to carry that decision out. "So what do you want to be, you have to decide now before we leave, yes ill help you, but you need decide before we leave so we don't wander around aimlessly,and don't look at me for help on what to choose as its ur job." I said coldly but I was trying to be somewhat nicer in the word choice, pressuring her to make her own decisions instead of trying to force her to make whatever decision I wanted her to make, I may be cold but im not a rude a-hole...sometimes.

Lily put her chin down on the table as he told her to pick one. "I don't know" she mumbled, trying to think of what would fit her the best. It was probably smart not to pick cook as she didn't have a lot of experience with cooking. She usually had a hard time with easy dishes and never really enjoyed cooking that much. The only reason that she would pick the Proffession was so that she could make anything that she wanted for herself. She decided to scrap cook of her list, leaving her with Tailor and Performer. Both proffessions were things that she would like to do. Making cute clothes and Plushies for herself was something that Lily would really like to do, but Music was also something that had been around for her whole life.

The girl banged her head against the table and groaned. "Tailor or performer" she said in a slightly annoyed tone. A few npc's in the building glared at her as she pushed her head against the table again. "I can't choose" she mumbled as she stared at the table. Lily knew that Matt wasn't going to help her with her choice as he had said so, which meant that they were probably going to be in the cafe for a while. She let out another sigh as she lifted her head and sat back up.

I don't know" she mumbled as she set her head down on the table, I mean I don't know either its her life after all. not mine. But I figured we may be here for awhi..."Tailor or performer" she says then I cant choose" her head has now been banged, and pushed across the table. I look around for a second to find many npcs staring at the girl, so the banging of the head probably wasn't the best idea as now they began looking at me like I was supposed to be doing something, and I promise you that was not going to be happening. I looked over at the girl who was now staring into the table and most likely having a fight in her head between the two professions. Me being a patient person and all yet I still didn't want to sit here and wait for her to make up her mind because as I began to know this girl, I knew it could be hours before she made up her mind. I began to think of ways to help her choose, not choose for her but some ways to help the decision. We could flip a coin or something, we could go around and randomly ask someone tailor or performer and whatever the said was it, we could just walk to whichever was nearer, see if she liked that enough to stick with it or go to the others house and then decide, that or she could sit here for hours and decide slowly by herself. That was not going to happen if I could help it. "Here's an idea, what if we visit one of these profession givers houses, let them explain it to you, and if you like what you hear you begin the quest, otherwise you deny it and go to the other npc. Deal?" I say, it sounded like a good proposal to me, hopefully to her as well.

The girl knew that she wasn't going to be able to choose, even visiting both proffessions. She could already see herself pick Tailor or Performer simply because the shop employee was nicer than the other one. Lily scanned the area for a way to decide what she was going to choose. To the left of Matt and Lily there was a young adult couple sitting next to each other, both with a white cup infront of them. She suddenly thought of a plan that gave her no control over picking a proffession which was what she wanted. Lily shook her head as a response to Matt and stared at the couple. "If the girl takes a sip of her drink first then I'll pick Performer, if the boy drinks of his drink first then I'll go for Tailor." Lily mumbled, focusing on the cups.

After 10 minutes of staring at the couple, neither of them had even touched their cup. She was about to think of something else when the girl suddenly grabbed the cup and took a slight sip. Lily let out a sigh of relief and immediatly got up. She walked towards Matt and grabbed his arm carefully while she looked at his hair. "Let's look for a performer." she said while slightly pulling his arm towards her. Lily was happy that the choice was made. She avoided thinking about the other proffession as it could probably make her doubt her decision again. She focused on where she could possibly find a performer's shop.

Edited by Lily

She shook her head no at my option...sadly. I could see her staring at a couple across the room before she piped up how she was going to decide. "If the girl takes a sip of her drink first then ill pick performer, if the boy drinks of his drink first then ill go for tailer". It was ironic that she went for that scenario as I had come up with something of the same but chose the more practical route, not the smart idea I guess for lily though. She focused on the cups and I ordered a coffee as we waited, I didn't think itd take too long but I was becoming tired, so coffee should help. I was given my coffee by the waitress and then began to sip at it, and stare at the cup as we waited. Lily was still staring at the couple so I wasn't worried about having to stare as well.

OH MY GOD!! ITS BEEN TEN MINUTES AND NEITHER HAS DRIKEN FROM THEIR STUPID CUP. Like really.. who orders a drink and then never decides to actually drink it, like wasn't the point of the drink to actually...drink it. *sigh* I looked back at my cup of coffee that was once again empty, before lily finally piped up again. Let's look for a performer." She walked over to me and grabed my arm pulling me towards her and out of the restraint. I complied as I really just wanted to get this stupid thing over with.

Lily made her way out of the restaurant pulling the taller and stronger man after her. She squeezed his arm slightly as they walked out of the cafe into the crowded streets of the first floor. The girl found it weird that there were so many people still walking around on the first floor while floor 11 was already discovered. She wasn't really the one that could whine about others staying on floor 1 for so long as she did exactly the same but she was really looking forward to finding a quiet place where she could relax.

After looking around for a bit Lily turned left and walked right into the alley next to the cafe. She kept pulling the man after her as she made her way through the maze of alleys. Because she turned left and right almost every 15 seconds or so it may look like she had no destination, however she definitely did. Quite a while ago Lily had found a rather busy street with a lot of shops, she hadn't really looked at all of them so wasn't sure if there were any Performers around in the street but it's definitely worth to look.

3 minutes Later the two were now located in the busy street with shops absolutely everywhere. The closest shops seemed to be only Blacksmiths and Tailors however in the corner of her eye she noticed a rather deserted looking shop. As she walked closer she could see a wooden board infront of the shop with "Mayumi's Magical Melodies". The rather cringy title didn't give her the best impression of the shop however it was the only Performer shop that she could see around so it didn't seem that she had the choice to go in or not. Lily looked at Matt for a few seconds to see how he was doing and then slowly walked towards the entrance of the shop. The exterior of the building was quite boring. It had the usual white walls with an orange peeked roof. There were several large dark gray stained windows that were rather hard to look through.

As she pushed open the door Lily was greeted by a soothing female voice humming a melody that she didn't recognize coming from the right. Lily walked further into the shop seeing a skinny woman with long flowing black hair sitting on a dark wooden counter. When Lily began to walk closer the woman looked up with a smile and jumped off the counter. "Why hello there! How can I help you?" she said as she walked closer towards Lily. The short girl noticed that the woman was about the same height as Matt which made her frown. Being with one tall person was already annoying and hurt her neck because she usually had to look up but now there was another one.. "I want to become a performer." Lily said while her eyes fell on the busy interior of the shop. Flutes, Lutes, Acoustic guitars, drums and all sorts of other instruments were hanging on the walls, the floor was a mix of different types of wood and there was a giant dark green carpet infront of the counter that the woman was sitting on before. "Ah, Well what do you do? Sing, play an instrument?" the woman asked her as she leaned against the wall and looked down at Lily. "hm. I'd like to play acoustic guitar and sing." Lily said, making a big smile appear on the woman's face. "Alright then, Why don't we get started! Follow me." The woman walked back towards the counter and jumped over it, opening several cabinets and putting random items on the counter. Lily walked towards the counter and stared at the boxes and junk that she placed on the table. After a few seconds the woman lifted a Silver key and gave it to Lily. "That's the key to the door over there" The woman pointed towards a wooden door a few meters away. "It'll lead to the basement. You'll need to look for a guitar that suits you, a large green book with songs in it and 1 recording crystal. If ya found them then come back to me alright?" As the woman finished her sentence a screen popped up infront of Lily with "EARNING A LIVING" as title. The items that she had said to look for were listed on the screen below the title. Lily quickly accepted and responded with a nod.

Lily walked towards the door and opened the door with the key that had been given to her by the woman. She slowly opened the door, hoping that there wasn't a scary dark area behind it. Luckily everything was lit up, the only thing that made her a little uncomfortable was the long wooden stairs that she had to walk down. With a sigh she made her way down and walked into the rather large basement. The room was filled with giant wooden crates and piles of junk which made it almost impossible to see anything that she needed to find. "Let's start searching" she mumbled, walking towards one of the crates and climbing ontop of it to get a better view of the room.

Edited by Lily

It was weird being pulled around by a girl who was 10 imches shorter than i and clearly not as strong, but i didnt out any resistance against it as it was...reassuring in a way, a weird way in my mind that i can not explain. It was also rather cute that she even felt the need to drag me around as if i couldnt walk myself and follow her like any other normal person.

We were walking around for a while, to what destination i didnt know and i didnt know if lily even did, after a while of walking we finally did reach what i guess was lilys destination "mayumis magical melodies" lily walked in and i was of course behind her. As i walked in a very welcoming voice hit my ears making me comfortable, until i looked around and saw all the kinds of instruments. I wasn't much of a music person as songs usually exhibited emotions and thats not my cup of tea.

Lily and the shopkeeper began a conversation and after a while i could see she accepted the quest, she then lead me to a door which she opened with a key the lady had given her. Behind the door was some stairs that we walked down, i was surprised the room was lit as i wouldn't have guessed it'd be. Lily mumbles "lets start searching" i was confused as this was he instrument to choose not mine, so i decided to sit off to the side and wait to she if she actually wanted my help, or was talking to herself.

It didn't take long untill a basic acoustic guitar was spotted by Lily in a pile of rubbish. The room was an absolute mess which was quite annoying but probably was meant to be like that to make the quest a little harder. Lily let out a puff as she jumped off the Wooden crate and walked rowards the pile of broken instruments and piles of blank paper. She decided to take care of the paper first so began to pick up the piles and put them on the wooden crate she was standing on before. After a few minutes she got rid of most of the paper and began to push the broken instruments away. Lily crossed her fingers as she pulled away some sort of xylophone, hoping that the guitar was still in a good condition. Once she got rid of the Xylophone Lily sighed in relief as she couldn't see any problems with the guitar. She carefully grabbed it and walked towards Matt. Lily put the guitar down on the ground next to him and looked up at Matt. "Can you help me, please" she mumbled while looking back at the guitar. It was probably not a smart idea for Lily to search alone as it was probably going to take ages. She hadn't seen anything except for the guitar and a large bookshelf filled with green books which meant that they were going to spend quite some time in the dusty basement. 

-=-

ITEM LIST

-Acoustic Guitar 1/1

-Recording crystal 0/1

-Music book 0/1

-=-

ID: 31645

LD: 18 [Item found]

-=-

Edited by Lily

I watched as lily found a guitar fairly quickly and brought it over to me on the sidelines. "can you help me please" lily says as she lays down the guitar. I wasn't planning on helping her as when I looked around the room all I saw was junk. Like how was I to find a book or a tiny crystal in all this. A guitar is one thing but a book and crystal, you got to be kidding. However reluctantly I joined her and began to look around for a place to start, I found a pile and began rummaging through it to find one of the items, I threw a bunch of junk out and into a new pile so I wouldn't go through the same junk twice. I rummaged through the pile for a good 30 minutes before finally finishing the pile. Turning to lily I said "No luck you?"

ITEM LIST

-Acoustic Guitar 1/1

-Recording crystal 0/1

-Music book 0/1

-=-

ID: 31647

LD: 8 [Nothing found]

Lily quickly went back to searching when Matt got up and began to search too. She noticed that he was going to look through some rubbish so Lily decided to search for the book that they needed to find. She made her way to the dusty bookshelf and sighed as she realized how many books there were. About 80% were green which made Lily want to give up for a few seconds. Lily grabbed a book from the top shelf and opened it, quickly looked through it to see if it was the book that she needed and placed it back on the shelf as it wasn't the book that she had to collect for the quest. Lily shook her head as a response to the man's question and proceeded her oh so epic search. 

After doing the same with about 10 books Lily tripped while putting back one of the books and landed against the bookshelf making it fall over  backwards. She was luckily able to prevent herself from falling along with the bookshelf and quickly backed off to see the damage that she had done. "oops" Lily said, not changing her serious expression and tone. She was annoyed by the basement and didn't see why she needed to find a stupid book with apparently something important in it. Lily was surprised that the NPC didn't come down to see what was going on after the noise that Lily had made. With a sigh Lily sat down and checked the books one by one, constantly throwing them away a bit as they weren't the ones that she was looking for. The random subjects that the books were about annoyed lily even more as it didn't make any sense why a book about cleaning would be in a disgusting basement like this and why a book about some sailor was needed in a shop. 

-=-

ITEM LIST

-Acoustic Guitar 1/1

-Recording crystal 0/1

-Music book 0/1

-=-

ID: 31648

LD:1 [Nothing found]

-=-

Edited by Lily

I smirked to myself when i heard the bookshelf crash to the ground, i didnt turn and look or acknowledge it in any way other than my smirk, but continued to walk to another pile of junk to look for the stupid crystal. The pile of junk was a little bigger than the last one, i kneeled next to the pile and began digging my way into it throwing everything into to my "already gone through" pile which was growing ever larger. I went through the pile for a while, but faster than the last and sadly found no crystal for lily to record with. Im a patient person most of the time, but searching through piles lf crap that had no business here was really annoying, i felt like i was in a dump but in a shop. I looked over at lily who was going through books, hoping she'd find hers soon.

ID: 31738
lD: 13 [Nothing found]

The search for the book wasn't the most enjoyable thing. She had gone through about 30 books now that all had nothing to do with music at all. With a sigh she proceeded to go through thre books, constantly checking the first few pages to see what it was about. Finally after another 10 books or so Lily found the book that she had to find, atleast she thought so. The book seemed to be some sort of guide on how to play certain instruments which was quote interesting unlike the other books. Lily sat down on the crate she stood on before and quickly looked at all the pages before closing it. "I found the book." she said as she made her way to the guitar. She put the book right next to the acoustic guitar and looked around at the giant mess that they had made. It was incredible how they made an already disgusting looking room look even worse. 

Lily walked over to Matt and stared at the giant pile not too far away from him. "Come on Matt I already found 2 things." she said to tease him while pinching his back. She wasn't planning on looking around anymore as she would was too lazy so decided to look at Matt. Lily found it quite fair that she could stop searching as she had found 2/3 items needed and Matt none, even though it was her quest she didn't care at all.

-=-

-Acoustic Guitar 1/1

-Recording crystal 0/1

-Music book 1/1

-=-

ID: 31771

LD: 19 [item found yayy]

-=-

Edited by Lily

"come on matt I already found 2 thing" lily says, it was funny because it looked like I was still searching, honestly I had already found it, but I buried it again and acted like I was still looking so I wouldn't have to get up and look through those books as it seemed like such a bigger pain. She pinched my back which didn't hurt but was a little annoying, but I knew she meant it in good fun. She quit looking and simply watched me searching, so I switched over to the area I had put the crystal and after a minute, the crystal appeared under some junk. I pulled out the recording crystal and stood up and faced lily, I held the crystal out for her to take so we could leave this wretched basement and back to the world of cleanliness and order, the surface. "there your little crystal madam, found it 10 minutes ago." I said this too irritate her but I smiled as I said it, I needed to have some fun with her after she teased me anyway. 

-=-

-Acoustic Guitar 1/1

-Recording crystal 1/1

-Music book 1/1

-=-

ID:31778

LD:17

As Matt pulled the last item out of the list out of the piles of rubbish Lily was happy that the spectacular search was finally over. She was about to thank him for helping her when he suddenly said that he had already found it 10 minutes ago. A confused look appeared on Lily's face as she had absolutely no clue why he didn't tell her before. Lily carefully grabbed the recording crystal and did a 180 degree spin, making her hair fly against Matt. She made her way to the guitar and book through the giant area that was filled with rubbish. She grabbed the guitar first that had a leather strap allowing Lily to wear it on her back. As she pulled the strap over her shoulder she quickly grabbed the book and looked at Matt. "Are you coming?" she mumbled while walking towards the stairs. Lily slowly made her way up, constantly looking back to see if Matt was behind her. 

With a gentle kick the door back to the shop flew open. Lily was slightly blinded by the much brighter light than the light they had downstairs as she walked towards the counter where the Female npc was sitting, drumming on the counter with a pencil while humming something that Lily didn't recognize. Lily realized that the woman had some sort of hearing problem as she didn't even notice Lily that had made enough noise untill she put the book and recording crystal down on the counter. "~hmm! You're already done? I thought it'd take longer to find something in that mess." the woman chuckled but lily couldn't help but have the urge to just slap her right now. Thanks to the basement trip Lily was quite annoyed and really hoped that she was close to finishing the quest. "Anywayss~ pick up all ya items and follow me."  The woman began to walk towards another door close to the entrance. The woman opened the door and looked at Lily with a smile, probably waiting for her to go in. She was far from comfortable with going in alone as she didn't know the NPC at all so walked towards Matt and grabbed his arm, looking up at him with puppy eyes. "Please come with me." she mumbled, her eyes falling back on the waiting NPC.

Edited by Lily

Lily grabbed the crystal and turned quickly her hair hitting me in the face, I smiled slightly , it was cute. WAIT HOLD UP, I don't find anything cute, im an emotionless a**hole who everyone finds depressing and boring...keep your cool matt. I have to say that to myself, I cant get sidetracked in this death game and I defenitly cant let my emotions begin to roam free again...that,,,will never. Ever..happen again. Anyway I followed lily upstairs as she almost broke the door, before talking to the npc. I wasn't really listening until I heard "please come with me" I looked and it was lily and so I went with her into some new room. As I entered I saw a room about 6x6m with several chairs and recording crystal stands around them. The room was decorated with instruments and posters with fancy drawings and some other crap I didn't really care to notice. I followed lily and the npc as we went into this recording room to hopefully finish this stupid quest.